• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & Next Level Lan Present: K.U.B. Weekly Smashfests, next on: 11/04/11

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Definitely want to get some practice in the day before the tournament. Although, if I do come I'll arrive later than usual. Around 11:00 probably.

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
Is there a smashfest tomorrow? I know it says there is in the topic title but is anyone going? I just got jipped out of entering this dominoes tournament at ucf tonight and I'm pretty pissed about it, wanted to finally play some potentially skilled people in smash...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
a shame you couldn't make the dominos tourney.

I dont think this is going to happen tomorrow, sorry guys. Its just that its not getting enough interest/attendance on a consistent basis. I may be trying to change some things like dates or how often to see what can better attendance. Im thinking some ideas such as:

1. Doing it every two weeks instead of every week, but making it a $5 tourney of some sort instead
2. doing it on a different day entirely

If you guys have any suggestions, or opinions about those two suggestions, let me know. I love you guys but I dont want to tie up my entire Friday evenings if only 1 person is gonna show up :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol I don't blame you bro

Since gainesville is here and nll is tomorrow I will host kub tonight. I'll arrive at 8:30 per usual. Spread the word

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Confirmed is Me, Kuro, Radix, Gville and i think Renki (potential Kyon depending on if Renki gets him)

Redfox may come as well...

I'll be there as soon as i get out of class.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
fail....................................................................................................................................

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so I'll be here at around 8:30 to play. If no one is there at 9pm I'll leave prematurely :laugh:

still need ideas/suggestions to keep attendance high for these. either make it bi-weekly $5 tourneys like my KUB house tourney series was, or different day of the week (not Thursday cause thats tampa's day) or what. I made these for you guys...out of all of us, I need the 2nd least practice in orlando (least being hrblack), so i want to get opinions so you guys can come and practice

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
GDX, what has been working for monday night melee is a $1 swiss tournament each week. all the new people don't get discouraged because they're guarenteed 5-6 sets

Exdeath

Smash Master
I've said it before, but it's probably a better idea to move it to Saturday when you can so that people can come and practice all day.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Thing is NLL holds other events on Saturdays. They already hold Melee and Brawl events and hold events for other games as well.

IMO, Friday is not a problem, it's our lack of drive as a whole. This is meant as a training ground. FGC holds training sessions on a weekday every single week with good to great attendance (Option Select in Miami, FL on Mondays, 8 on the Break in NJ on Tuesdays, Guard Crush in Brooklyn, NY on Wednesdays, WNF in Southern California on Wednesdays, just to name a few). Even CFL's Melee community has it's session on Monday. Zoro took Keith's idea and Monday Night Melee at NLL has been a great success because the community makes it so. Keith is at NLL every Friday yet barely gets good attendance for whatever reason.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Due to school I can only do Friday-Sunday .

Maybe I can make them $1 tourneys then or something? But if they won't come for free would they come to pay money?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
As a reminder kub is a go tomorrow

I'll do a $1 singles tourney signups go until 9:30pm tomorrow . It can be round robin if its 5-6 or less. Bracket if any higher. I'll raise the amount if people want too. If you coming but not sure on the time text or call me

Also need a volunteer to run kub next Friday as I want to go to FNM but its the day before nll so I don't wanna completely cancel

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Unless anyone else would like to run KUB this friday for me, it will be cancelled, due to me having other matters to attend to Friday night

dont forget to come out to NLL next saturday though

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
KUB will be postponed for 11/26, due to day after Thanksgiving johns

It will resume 12/2, and I will host a $2 tourney. We can do either Swiss or Round robin into a bracket of some sort

2-DJeff

Smash Master
So we should make kub big this weekend. Tampa should come out. If they do we can run a 5$ tournament with pr points included.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Due to finals week and no one being able to come out kub is cancelled yet again tonight. Will attempt to resume next Friday

For those interested kub will probably change to fgc related in the new year if I do anything at all

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
They had ranbats one week at NL but thete was barely any space to run it since people actually show up in that community. They also ran MTG and didn't allow us to use the main area. It could be difficult to run it smoothly there due to the lack of space.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I wanted to check to see who was coming to KUB tonight? It has not been cancelled this week, but I know viper is having a lockin before holy smash so I was curious. Its no problem if no one shows I can go do other stuff :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Alright so kub is happening this Friday the final Friday before apex. Also the last smash exclusive kub so I want everyone to come out for apex practice and possible tourney. I know you guys couldn't come consistently...or barely at all...but do me the favor and show up for this

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Next year kub will change to fgc based games such as AE marvel KOF etc. I'll still provide one setup for brawl and ill play anyone who stops by. I'll also supply a 360 with those games and an extra controller. It will also start at 8 instead of 8:30 starting 2012

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Damn that sucks man. Did they take anything of supreme value?

Aside from your comfort level

Top Bottom