• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Transportation and Planning

D

Deleted member

Since both the the areas I'm from in the Midwest (NEOH and OUGA) are the types to plan for tournaments at the last minute, and then having those last minute plans fall through the floor, I figured that there are probably other areas that have the same issue. If we want the Midwest to have a strong showing at Apex in January, then it will be well worth it to plan in advance.

Link to Apex 2012 tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298262

Post in here with this information:

Name/Tag:
City/State(at the time of departure for Apex):
Providing Transportation/Looking for Transportation:

If you are providing transportation, please list the number of available spots you will have in your car. I assume most people will be leaving on Friday, but it would also be helpful to specify. If looking for transportation, keep in mind that gas is not cheap. Drivers will be more willing to give you a ride if you offer them gas money, so it's recommended you include that in your post.

This post will be updated and will serve as a reference for this information.

-----------------------------

-Ohio

Alyssa / Lokii
Either North Olmsted, OH (Cleveland) or Pittsburgh, PA
Looking for transportation/people to room with

King Beef
Cleveland, OH
Transportation currently tentative, might fly there

King~
NEOH/Illy
possible drive(10%), seeking ride, possible fly(10%)

Name/Tag: ShroudedOne
City/State: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Looking for Transportation

-Michigan

Roller
Ann Arbor, MI
Looking for transportation

Name/Tag: Kristen/Wish
City/State(at the time of departure for Apex): Auburn Hills, MI
Providing Transportation/Looking for Transportation: Providing Transportation. I'll be driving. Leaving Thursday (departing around 6pm), coming back sometime in the afternoon/evening on Sunday, depends on how it goes. I have 4 spaces in my car. Willing to bring anyone that's on the way or close to, and that will split gas with me

Name/Tag: HIV+
City/State: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

Name/Tag: ORI_bro
City/State: Michigan
Providing Transportation: Ori_bro's APEX carpool
1/2. Ori_family
3. Ori_bro
4. Tech_Chase
5. Roller
6. L_Cancel
7. ThuGz

-Illinois

Name/Tag: -Dib-
City/State: Champaign, Illinois
Providing Transportation/Looking for Transportation(just in case): But yeah, if there are any Smashers that are in the MO, IA, South/Central IL, IN area and would like to ride, let Ripple and I know. We are looking and we have room (comfortably) for 2 more people.

Open slots:
-Strong Bad
-

Name/Tag: Dart!
City/State: East Peoria, Illinois

Name/Tag: Kels88
City/State: Chicago, Illinois

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I really really really want to go to Apex...I'll be home from school up until that weekend...

Alyssa / Lokii
Either North Olmsted, OH (Cleveland) or Pittsburgh, PA
Looking for transportation/people to room with

Still not 100% sure...but still...i really really want to go.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you'll give me a ride from Missouri, right austin? :3c

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Might want to re-think leaving on Friday, seeing as the event kicks off at noon that day, lol.

Flying should be a better option for almost everyone. Cheap plane ticket season.

D

Deleted member

Aren't plane tickets actually super expensive then? That's right after New Years.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm interested in going, and I intend on leaving (by train/bus/car) on Friday. As only melee **** is happening on Friday.

Anybody driving from the Midwest and heading up on Thursday night/Friday, willing to make a stop through MI I would be able to pay gas. I know L Cancel also wants to go from MI, and would probably appreciate it as well, so that would be 2 people to help you split gas costs. And we could probably bus to one place to be picked up at.

D

Deleted member

Austin/Auspher
Athens, Ohio

Roller, post your info in this format so I can put it up in the OP.

snake23

Smash Cadet
Okay i know that the venue fee is $30 and singles will only be $15, but what i want to really know exactly is, does anyone have some extra room for me to share a hotel room with them as a group 8-9 people?
If that makes any difference on me getting a spot to share a hotel room with your group, i am a very chill guy that is very laid back and no i don't party or drink ever so if you have some extra room that i can share the hotel room with you that would be super awesome.

I am flying to apex 2012 there is no other transportation option for me it is really pricey but this trip will be well worth it in the end.

It does not matter if the plane tickets are expensive i am still going regardless of how much the plane tickets will cost me that is why my main focus right now is to find myself a job for 6 days a week everyday until i get a job and than i will just save up most of what i make that will be my money for apex 2012.

Roller

Smash Legend
If you know a good number of people in the community, then you will definitely get housing. But judging by your join date and post count, I'd say that might not be the case.

Try to find other people looking to fill hotel rooms. It's not uncommon to see 9 smashers in one room. A 8-9 way split plus the discount you get for mentioning you're going to Apex makes the hotel price far less daunting.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
King Beef
Cleveland, OH
Transportation currently tentative, might fly there

Also, I'd like to room with people who are really chill or who I already know. I don't want all of that late night partying **** going on in our room, since it usually goes on when I want to sleep, take that to other rooms (Texas, Cali, and NJ rooms usually, lol). Let me know.

Roller

Smash Legend
If it gets close to the date, and I have yet to find transportation; and you still have a spot, KB I might take you up on that and just bus to you.

King~

Smash Champion
Okay i know that the venue fee is $30 and singles will only be $15, but the question that i really want to know the answer to is other than taking the megabus to apex 2012. Are there any other bus options other than megabus since i know megabus does not even go near Apex 2012?

I really don't want to actually stay in a hotel for 2 nights in a row that is way too pricey for me, so if anyone could house me for Apex 2012 i would really appreciate it!!!!
have you tried Greyhound yet?

anyway i plan on going, but im not sure if i'll be in Ohio for break or still in IL.

King~
NEOH/Illy
possible drive(10%), seeking ride, possible fly(10%)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm totally driving from Pickerington Ohio, and will pick up whoever wants to help out with gas.

D

Deleted member

I'm totally driving from Pickerington Ohio, and will pick up whoever wants to help out with gas.
Me and one other person may take you up on that offer.

I'll update this thread tonight.

snake23

Smash Cadet
No i have not thanks for giving me that suggestion, i will try greyhound for sure that will definitely save me alot of money on transportation fees.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm going to APEX, although I have a rather strange way of getting there. APEX is the weekend before Penn state's Spring semester starts, so Wed. or Thursday before Apex, I'm going back up to Penn State, then leaving from there to APEX on Friday morning.

I don't think I'll be able to carpool people because of that, but I am very interested in splitting a room with people at the hyatt regency if penn state doesn't have enough people going. You should probably add housing to this thread too.

Here's Alex Strife's post about the Hyatt Regency:

We have worked out a deal once again with the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick.
Two Albany Street,
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901
Tel: +1 732 873 1234
http://www.newbrunswick.hyatt.com
The hotel is located down the road from the venue and available at a discounted price. You may call them up or register online via their website.
When calling mention “Apex gaming conference” for the discounted rate. When registering online please make sure to use the group code “APX“. If you do not use the group code you will not get the group rate and will pay normal price.

Single Occupancy$119
Double Occupancy$119
Triple Occupancy$144
Quadruple Occupancy$169
Suites$219

The “cut-off date” is 12/19/2011. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date will be based on availability at
the Hotel’s prevailing rates and will be credited to the Group’s Guest Room Block.
Regarding housing: A thread will go up on Smashboards relating to this and helping out any of you that are in need of housing. Once that thread goes up, it will be posted here.

snake23

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately due to the fact that i am still in the position of being unemployed as of right now, there is just no point in making any plans just so that i can attend apex 2012.

The smash tournament is 5 months away so right now i am very uncertain as to where i stand financially, but apex 2012 is definitely a tournament i do not want to miss out on.

No worries though i am sure that i will find a way somehow to save enough money, so that i can make it to apex 2012 i always look at the positive side of things.

There really is not much that i can do other than find myself a job right now and hopefully by than i can save enough money so that i can attend apex 2012 when the time comes.

Wish

Smash Cadet
Providing Transportation/Looking for Transportation: Providing Transportation. I'll be driving. Leaving Thursday (departing around 6pm), coming back sometime in the afternoon/evening on Sunday, depends on how it goes.

I have 4 spaces in my car. Willing to bring anyone that's on the way or close to, and that will split gas with me :)

Roller

Smash Legend
YoooOOooOoooOOO Wish, I'd like to tentatively reserve a spot. I'm in AA. It's possible I could go with a different MI car, however there has yet to be another car confirmed.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Providing Transportation/Looking for Transportation: Providing Transportation. I'll be driving. Leaving Thursday (departing around 6pm), coming back sometime in the afternoon/evening on Sunday, depends on how it goes.

I have 4 spaces in my car. Willing to bring anyone that's on the way or close to, and that will split gas with me :)
Auburn Hills?! You are literally 15 minutes from me. I go to school at OU and I'm sure I can manage to stay in the area haha. Plz post in the big mi

:phone:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Ripple is for sure going. My attendance is tentative but I WILL make sure I go. We're gonna be driving there and we are looking for 2 other people to carpool with us. It'll cut gas expenses tremendously and make life on the road alot less boring. Strong_Bad, how long would it take for you to get to Champaign, IL?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's like a 5 hr drive from my college but I'll probably be back at home, where it'd be a 7 hr drive and it'd be a lot harder to get a ride there at that point.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Ah. Well if you're somehow able to make it up here, you have housing and a ride. But yeah, if there are any Smashers that are in the MO, IA, South/Central IL, IN area and would like to ride, let Ripple and I know. We are looking and we have room (comfortably) for 2 more people.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
BUMP!

So, Ripple and I are still looking for possible road buddies for our drive to APEX.

Strong Bad is a possiblity, so that's one tentatively taken seat.

Having a 3rd person in the car cuts our gas costs to 120 a person and having a 4th cuts it to 90. So yeah, take us up on this offer. We're willing to pick people up if they are on the way.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good luck getting there Ohio, looking forward to possibly see some of you cats again.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
BUMP!

So, Ripple and I are still looking for possible road buddies for our drive to APEX.

Strong Bad is a possiblity, so that's one tentatively taken seat.

Having a 3rd person in the car cuts our gas costs to 120 a person and having a 4th cuts it to 90. So yeah, take us up on this offer. We're willing to pick people up if they are on the way.
pretty much confirmed for this

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hey strong bizzle am i carpooling with you?
talk to -Dib- about it.

btw I bought my bus tickets to get to IL today so I'm confirmed for the carpool w/ dib & ripplezzz

Top Bottom