• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Transportation and Planning

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
So on the off chance that Ripple abandons the idea of going to Apex, is there anybody looking for an extra person for their carpool?

Hylian, Tech_Chase, Auspher (Ask Ohio because I don't know who namesearches aside from you)

There's a month left and I want to cover all of my bases. On top of that, I'm bringing enough money to put in for a hotel or atleast housing.

I AM NOT MISSING APEX

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So on the off chance that Ripple abandons the idea of going to Apex, is there anybody looking for an extra person for their carpool?

Hylian, Tech_Chase, Auspher (Ask Ohio because I don't know who namesearches aside from you)

There's a month left and I want to cover all of my bases. On top of that, I'm bringing enough money to put in for a hotel or atleast housing.

I AM NOT MISSING APEX
I'm flying with Rauleen there.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
NON MICHIGAN MIDWEST PEOPLE

Hi.

:bee:

No seriously, who else aside from Excel is need of a ride/could get to Michigan? We are planning on leaving that Thursday afternoon. I can house someone Wednesday night as well if they needed to do that.

Weighing our options for our car..which is confirmed. We are considering getting a van as well in case we get more people/interest for this trip. I'm just trying to cover everything. But trying to GUARANTEE we have a full car for this trip. For now the regular car we're using is "full" but we're notorious for drop outs ...lol But then there's the van as well which would easily give us more car spots.

If you're a friend of the MI community and interested...holler at me.

Oh and just so you know: Megabus goes to Detroit from Chicago, Toledo, Pittsburgh and now Cleveland. (cheapest option if you can't drive to MI)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Strong Bad and I are the only ones I know of at the moment.

I just checked Megabus and I could leave Wednesday morning at 6:30am and it would get me to Chicago at 9:00am. I'd have a layover until like 4:45pm when the bus to Detroit leaves and I wouldn't arrive until 11:30pm-ish.

I would need housing in Chicago until I had to catch my next bus. Which shouldn't be a big deal at all.

It would only cost me $21 to get there if I book this in advance. I need to check my work schedule and see if I can get someone to cover that Wednesday.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lololol
since my bus goes from KC -> Chicago -> Champaign
riding with Michigan might be a better option

yo tech chase in the event Ripple can't drive us i'd LOVE to ride with Michigan

Roller

Smash Legend
YooOOoOOOo, Strongbad in the house.

Also. happy about leaving early friday instead of thurs. especially since I'm missing monday classes on the way back.

Alsoalso. Just texted Ori, he's gonna be looking into the bigger van, since thrzy, SB, and Excel have all shown interest. I also know 1-2 more people in AA who may want to go, like Zinoto.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wait hold on
Melee events start that friday
When would we get there? <.<

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
SB, we would be leaving MI aroubd 5am, it is a 10.5 hour drive from my house to New Brunswick. We woukd probably stop at least 2 or 3 times, so its probably an 11 hour trip. So we would be in NJ around 4/5pm.

So if we go with the current list, the APEX carpool is...
1-3. Ori_bro + Ori_family
4. Roller
5. Tech_Chase
6. ThuGz
7. L_Cancel
8. Excel
9. StrongBad
:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That means I'd at least miss Melee Doubles... If I have no alternative I'll go with you guys.

Does ThuGz have to go with us? Been on one too many carpools with him :troll:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yeah, he was one of the first people to ask and say that he is 100% commited to the carpool.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ripple says that APEX is a go, so I shouldn't need to ride with you guys @ Michigan. If something comes up and you guys still have room I'd love to tho!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ok cool SB just keep us posted. Before I can get the rental, I need commited people for the carpool. I dont want to get a 9 seater and have only 7. That would jack prices up for everyone.

HIV are you trolling? Because if you are serious, you aint that far from me.

The Dark Comedian

Smash Cadet
I really want to go but I personally would rather fly since no one else from Chicago seems to be going. What's the housing situation though? Does anyone need another person to help a split hotel room?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Kool Ori_bro here with a HUGE update on the Michigan+Midwest APEX carpool.

Ok, so after some searching, we have founf a van that is capable of holding 12 people! This is ****ing GODLIKE.

What I need from you all who are interested is to post here and tell me "I ________, want in on the carpool." Here is a list of those who are already confirmed and who are interested.

Confirmed
1/2. Ori_family
3. Ori_bro
4. Roller
5. Technical_Chase
6. ThuGz
7. L_Cancel
8. HIV+

This leaves 4 open spots!
These are people that I have heard from Roller and myself that are interested in the carpool.
- Excel
- Zinoto
- Anther
- WTP
- Duck
- Strongbad

Excel, with Ripple planning on going will you be going with him?

I want to get this **** organized soon and I want these spots filled up fast. Please post here, I want to know how much gas + rental fee will be for everyone (yes rental fee, we will be splitting it amongst the 12 passengers)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Kool Ori_bro here with a HUGE update on the Michigan+Midwest APEX carpool.

Ok, so after some searching, we have founf a van that is capable of holding 12 people! This is ****ing GODLIKE.

What I need from you all who are interested is to post here and tell me "I ________, want in on the carpool." Here is a list of those who are already confirmed and who are interested.

Confirmed
1/2. Ori_family
3. Ori_bro
4. Roller
5. Technical_Chase
6. ThuGz
7. L_Cancel

This leaves 5 open spots!
These are people that I have heard from Roller and myself that are interested in the carpool.
- Excel
- Zinoto
- Anther
- WTP
- Duck
- HIV+

Excel, with Ripple planning on going will you be going with him?

I want to get this **** organized soon and I want these spots filled up fast. Please post here, I want to know how much gas + rental fee will be for everyone (yes rental fee, we will be splitting it amongst the 12 passengers)
Dont forget about Strong Bad.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
He posted that he is no longer in need of a ride since Ripple is going now :o I'll add him to the list right now.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ok, after reading up on literally everything about this 12 person van.

The rental for it is 105 or 110 per day and we get 500 miles on it total (it is $0.30 per extra mile) We would be using the van for 4 days, and driving between 1200-1300 miles. Adding in insurance the price for the van rental is going to be anywhere between $730 and $860. This is going to make everyone in the car pay $69-72 for the rental and $100+ for gas.

It pains me to burst a huge bubble of amazingness, but it is looking like it will just be the original 7 seater plan which is currently full. I do apologize if anyone's hopes were raised :C

If anything comes up where I won't need to raid your wallets I will definitely keep you all posted. Until then,

Ori_bro's APEX carpool
1/2. Ori_family
3. Ori_bro
4. Tech_Chase
5. Roller
6. L_Cancel
7. ThuGz

sorry brohans :urg:

Roller

Smash Legend
gas should definitely not wind up being $100 per person. Having made this exact trek regularly, gas should not come out to more than $160 TOPS each way. But the other fees would be dumb. =/

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Is the list in the OP still up to date?

DeLux

Please do that :)

Something came up with KC's carpool and I'd like a list of options since I'm going to have to get creative with what I'm planning.

Thanks !

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Hm.

As of right now...I'm thinking that I'd like to go. From Cleveland Heights. If I can work during a part of Winter Break and get money, then I'd be able to help pay for gas and things...from there it'd be smooth sailing...but this is really all up in the air right now...

D

Deleted member

Please do that :)

Something came up with KC's carpool and I'd like a list of options since I'm going to have to get creative with what I'm planning.

Thanks !
Just updated it. Be sure to let me know if anything needs corrected in the OP.

DeLux

If anyone is looking for a last minute carpool/hotel group, PM me

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't suppose that you (or anyone else, really) would be anywhere near Northeast Ohio, and could get me from there? It would really be the easiest option for me right now...

Top Bottom