• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last Smash V

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm tired, so I'll add the results for Brawl tomorrow, since it's on a different computer.

Melee - 42 Entrants.
Top 3 of 8 pools made it into the bracket.
Bracket: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/LAST/Lastmelee.gif
OOS is bolded.
1: Wobbles
2: AustinRC [Arc]
3: Mr. F
4: Jake13
5: Mojo
5: Kyle
7: Mura
7: TaylorHJ
9: Freddy
9: Tirno
9: Pawls to the Wall
9: TSC
13: Lee - Forfeited in losers to Freddy.
13: Sybawave
13: JF
13: Sanda Bullock
17: Eet
17: GlibbyGlobby
17: Ken
17: Ricky
17: Pierre
17: Obsoleet
17: Avery
17: Russia
Full player list

Sudai
Pawls to the Wall
Mojo
Arcadia
Kyle
Sgt. Jordy
Anthony
Turaz
DJ
Pierre
Jake
Wiggins
Singh
JF
TSC
Freddy
Vaughn
Russia
Pingding
TaylorHJ
Polarbar
Trihex
Mura
Eet
Lee
Sanda Bullock
Arc
Mr. F
WangstaBaiter
GlibbyGlobby
Jake13
Kalzar
Avery
Jerm
Tirno
The Anarchist
Ken
Obsoleet
Wobbles
Ricky
Coby
Sybawave

Teams - 10
Bracket. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/LAST/Melee2vs2.gif
1: Pup'N Suds (Jake mojo (paid)) ($120.00)
2: Blue Balls (Sybawave TSC (paid)) ($60.00)
3: Knights of bi (Freddy [Paid] Lee) ($20.00)
4: Ice to Meet you (Wobbles hanna (paid))
5: Black and Yellow (Tarzan Mr.F (paid))
5: Rock you Like a Hurricane (JF Arc (paid))
7: MARTH TROUBLE (TaylorHJ Kyle (paid))
7: Sleepy Keif (Eet Tim (paid))
9: Captain Purin (polarbear singh (paid))
9: The Baptist King (Coby Randall (paid))

Brawl - 27 Entrants.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/nom11/LASTbrawl1vs1.gif
1: Lee Martin
2: JNig
3: Jerm
4: Brawlman1000
5: BSP
5: HyRo
7: r0ni
7: Boy Wonder Li D
9: Batto
9: iTroll
9: Curlz
9: Adam
13: Boobie
13: Fang
13: Byron
13: Gunner Maniac

Brawl Teams
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/nom11/lastbrawlteams.gif
1: Jermlee (Jerm, lee) ($84.00)
2: Better than You (Hyro, R0ni) ($24.00)
3: Outlandish Behavior (Curlz, BSP) ($12.00)
4: You Heard it Here 1st (Justin, Adam)
5: The Baptist King (Coby and Randall)
5: Hyrulian Royalty (Greg, Blaine)
7: Firebird (Thomas, TJ)
7: Camaro (Mike, William)

I'll update characters, and all the individuals that entered later. In the process of moving now.
Thanks for ALL the help to everyone that pitched in. [Taylor, Blaine, Jnig, Arcadia, Taylor's Girlfriend, and Curlz] I couldn't have done this event without you guys. Thanks you for everyone for coming that did, I was really glad that I had a chance to see everyone one last time before moving. ;d

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Another successful LasT. The hammer match from early on was too good, lmao.

Also I still need to match Bomber7, I never saw him there cause I had no clue what he looked like. Lol

This was probably one of the best local tourneys that has ever happened imo. A bunch of people who rarely appear showed up at the scene today along with some new people who will help keep the scene alive when we're gone. So much hype and so many awesome MM's at this, it was amazing. Also, Melee. That is all.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
very interesting results, did not expect alot of what happened. good **** houston.

who're kyle and mura? o_O

Kal

Smash Champion
Way to do all right, Texas. Congrats to Wobbles for winning!

Austin, well done placing 2nd. Glad to see we again have a Texas powerhouse who mains Marth/Fox. Jake, well done placing 4th, and good job winning teams!

MT_

Smash Ace
Arc defining pulling the "running a train through losers", good ****.

Congrats to Wobbles for winning of course.

Congrats to Jake/Oscar in doubles, ****!

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Great tournament. I did better than I should've. I want to play more Melee with Texas, you guys rocked. Idk why Texas has a reputation as a dead Melee scene, you guys came in pretty strong force with a lot of talent.

Tirno - I feel like my win over you wasn't legit. I wasn't playing very well, and I'm pretty sure you know you should've won. A couple more things just went my way than yours in our set. I hope to see you in tournament again. Although I think I can beat you when I'm not playing like ****, yesterday you should've won.

Pawls to the Wall - You've got one scary Ganondorf. You were the most fun to play against. I hope you do well in future tournaments because I've got mad respect for Ganon players.

Ran - Fun tournament as always. I don't really need to wish you good luck with dominating Colorado, I'm sure you will. Louisiana will miss your tournaments, good thing I won't be around much longer to start feeling it too.

Ricky - Get a damn smashboards account.

Bah, I'm lazy, those were the only shoutouts I wanted to say. Louisiana, yall know me, I don't need to write a message for all of you.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Also, I didn't say this before, but a sincere thanks to whoever found my Lugia plushie. I had no idea I had even lost it and before I knew it I spotted it sitting on Ran's table. Infinite respect for this scene for having even a single person who would do that. And infinite + even more respect for the person who did. <3

Wiggins

Smash Ace
The best tournament I've ever attended.

Shoutouts:
Ran - Thanks again for hosting such an amazing tournament. Now that you're gone, it's gonna be alot harder to get things like this going again. But we'll find a way. Hope you had fun at your last tourney.

Ken - Dude. You're a ****. :p Thanks for the housing me in Alexandria and helping me out with my gas money problems. :/ <3

Patrick - One of the coolest guys I've met. Definitely looking forward to smashin again.

Michael - **** you.

The Marksville guys - Glad you guys had a blast, and I'm glad I could be the one to take you to your first tourney. Keep playing and practicing and you'll get alot better.

To all the people I chit chatted with outside while smoking - Thanks for the conversations. Last few tournaments I've gone to I've been kind of a recluse. So it was nice to be able to chit chat and shoot the **** with people.

Texas - Thanks for running the show. :p

Wobbles - Thanks for accepting my invite. :D That made my day.

Had a blast, everyone. Hope we can do this again soon.

-Ran

Smash Master
Ran - Fun tournament as always. I don't really need to wish you good luck with dominating Colorado, I'm sure you will. Louisiana will miss your tournaments, good thing I won't be around much longer to start feeling it too.
I was glad that I got to see you perform well yesterday. It was one of the joys I was able to have since I wasn't focused on competing. Don't discredit what you did.

And infinite + even more respect for the person who did. <3
It was me. ;d

btw did anyone record?
Yes, important stuff was recorded.

The best tournament I've ever attended.

Shoutouts:
Ran - Thanks again for hosting such an amazing tournament. Now that you're gone, it's gonna be alot harder to get things like this going again. But we'll find a way. Hope you had fun at your last tourney.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure that Louisiana will have someone that steps up, it'll just be a matter of how long. The Folse brothers are poised to do that, so let's wish them luck. I always have a ton of regrets after running a tournament about things I could have done to make it better. <.<

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Also:

Even though my pools were stacked, I still had fun playing everyone.

I feel like I really improved a LOT yesterday. And I'm so glad I came.

Now to be broke for the next two weeks. :D

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Thanks for the shoutouts ppl! <3 u Jace!
Arc defining pulling the "running a train through losers", good ****.
Haha yeah. Got knocked out of winners by Oscar. Can’t sleep on Houston anymore wtf happened? Think someone fed those guys steroids while I was gone.
Austin, well done placing 2nd. Glad to see we again have a Texas powerhouse who mains Marth/Fox.
:D Thanks man! I did my best! We need to try and hang out sometime soon!

Okay so now for shoutouts of my own!
First I want to thank everyone who helped run the tournament, it went very smoothly and was done very professionally I thoroughly enjoyed this tournament. Big respect to Ran for doing a fantastic job running this thing. Seriously man kudos to you my friend.

Secondly, thank you TaylorHJ for housing us. I am always greatly indebted to anyone who puts a roof over my head for any extended period of time. You, Mandie, Kyle and everyone else are always welcome to my home. *whenever I get one that is hahaha.* You and everyone else that was there are all amazing people I love you all very much and I honestly don’t remember the last time I had this much fun at a tournament.

1: Wobbles :: Congrats on winning the tournament man. You are seriously way too good at this game. I need to catch up to you! Thanks for giving me great advice again as well! Love you bro!
2: AustinRC [Arc] < Houston LOLOLOLOLOLOL
3: Mr. F:: Mad fun playing you man, you asked me what I thought you needed to work on but honestly I think you know what you needed to do already. Be more patient you have to work hard to get hits in on me that’s just how it is. : / Good **** though it was fun! ;D
4: Jake13:: Was awesome seeing you again man. Mad love, and also glad I FINALLY got that $5 back from like 3 years ago hahahahaha.
5: Mojo:: I aint even mad. <3 you as well glad to see you Houston kids are good now! Can’t sleep on you dudes anymore.
5: Kyle:: Mad fun chilling with you man. Seriously **** was sooooo much fun, I’ll be making a trip to hang out with you guys again real soon I promise.
7: Mura:: Thanks for letting me use your recording setup I really appreciate it!
7: TaylorHJ:: MAH BRO!!!!!! Love this ****ing guy right here! I was dying of laughter on our second match. I kept thinking to myself, okay calm down quit laughing your going to lose, but I couldn’t stop laughing.  Thank you SOOOOO much for housing us and yeah… I was seriously considering your offer. You never know! Haha.
9: Freddy:: <3 <3 <3
9: Tirno:: You mad bro? Eyes on the road!
9: Pawls to the Wall:: LOL YOU PLAY GANON!
9: TSC:: Nice falcon needs a little refinement and you’ll be the best.
13: Lee - Forfeited in losers to Freddy.:: Get ***** noob. I ****ing hate you, but I respect and love you! <333333 ;D ;D
13: Sybawave:: 13th huh? Well…. I got 2nd. Just saying! ;D
13: JF:: PROBLEM!? lululululululul
13: Sanda Bullock:: Was fun playing you mang!
17: Eet:: Do not remember you I’m sorry 
17: GlibbyGlobby:: Sorry I waited to play you till the end of the tournament. I would have played more but I was REALLY tired of playing at that point.
17: Ken:: Don’t know you 
17: Ricky:: Fun playing you in pools man.
17: Pierre:: Fun playing you in friends man, Pichu’s upsmash is too good man.
17: Obsoleet:: Don’t know you 
17: Avery:: Was fun playing you man!
17: Russia:: Had a good time chilling with you at Taylors man **** was soooo much fun!

I had a seriously amazing time at this tournament and cant wait to make my next trip to see you guys and chill!!!!!! Louisiana has a TON of respect from me!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Another successful LasT. The hammer match from early on was too good, lmao.

Also I still need to match Bomber7, I never saw him there cause I had no clue what he looked like. Lol

This was probably one of the best local tourneys that has ever happened imo. A bunch of people who rarely appear showed up at the scene today along with some new people who will help keep the scene alive when we're gone. So much hype and so many awesome MM's at this, it was amazing. Also, Melee. That is all.
sorry, I bailed after I finished my pool matches because I didn't make it to brackets. Plus, I had made plans to see Captain America after I got eliminated. :p

To the rest of you scrubs- You bi.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Brawl Singles. Make with the character usage and payouts, if you would all be so all awesome.

1: Lee Martin
2: JNig :wario:
3: Jerm :toonlink:
4: Brawlman1000
5: BSP
5: HyRo :toonlink:

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Ran - Thanks for hosting the tournament, it was pretty fun. Host more in the future! By the way, it was I that teamed with Freddy, not Lee.

Everyone whose names I recognize/remember from the player list:

Pawls to the Wall - Seems like we're destined to meet even in OOS tournies. I don't know how I pulled that comeback in the first match, but I'm glad I did. Also, stop getting better at jabbing me.
Mojo - Good stuff to you and Jake in teams. Also, good **** beating that n00b ARC. I told him you were good <3.
Kyle - Sad we didn't play more aside from a few friendlies. Fun playing you in teams, though. Hopefully we'll get a chance to play again.
Sgt. Jordy - This is Hannah, right? Fun meeting you again, and I hope your shoulders have recovering from carrying Wobbles in doubles so much, haha.
Anthony - Don't remember playing you much, but thanks for trying to win that poker tourney for me.
Pierre - Sorry I only played like two friendlies with you, but fun stuff regardless.
JF - That set was pretty crazy and I came so close to losing. It was a good set and a fun road trip. Also, shut up.
TSC - Your Falcon does some pretty sexy stuff. Keep up the good work in singles and doubles.
Freddy - I say we did super well for a brand new team. It was great playing you in friendlies and with you in doubles.
Russia - We played tons of fun friendlies. You should bring your Falco back, LA could use less Foxes, haha.
TaylorHJ - Again, another person I really wanted to play more. Thanks a ton for housing us, you're an awesome guy.
Trihex - Your trihex diagram was too good. Nice to meet you and thanks for the random encouragement.
Mura - Ah, I feel like I should have won, but good **** beating me, nevertheless.
Eet - Didn't think I'd meet you in LA. Fun games, and we should get to work on that ELO stuff, haha.
Lee - Definitely nice meeting you. I wish you had been up to playing Melee more so we could have played more, but it's all good.
Arc - Thanks for the ride, it was pretty fun. We should play more in ATX. Also, since you're so boastful, you know 2nd is just the 1st loser, right? <3.
Mr. F - Good job getting 3rd, hopefully we can get a set in before you leave TX.
GlibbyGlobby - I see your Falco getting better, keep it up!
Jake13 - Good job on 4th to you as well. I think I forgot to give you your $10 bucks, haha. Hopefully we'll see each other soon, haha.
Jerm - Nice to put a face to that dude in the chat I've heard about.
Obsoleet - Pink hair, now.
Wobbles - I'll have fond memories of our dangerous hug. Hopefully, we'll meet again in the near future. Thanks for the advice, and good games, as always (except for your Pichu, get that **** out of here).
Sybawave - Thanks for beating us in teams twice.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Boo at most of Sudai's tags getting stolen after LasT... someone had some serious jelly issues. What would you do with a bunch of tags... -.- taken back after LasT. He should've been able to keep them, then count how many he got XD

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Boo at most of Sudai's tags getting stolen after LasT... someone had some serious jelly issues. What would you do with a bunch of tags... -.-
lol. I know Sudai was taking people's tags off their shirts. He had, like, 30 on his shirt... And that was just when he snagged mine. :p I don't know how many he got in total, though.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Wait how the hell did fang make it out of brawl pools?

no offense

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Mojo - Good **** taking Austin out of winners. I didn't know you had until I got on here. I'm surprised you didn't talk about it at all.
Sgt. Jordy - You'll be wobbling your way to the top soon.
Jake13 - give me more Falco to combo please
Wiggins - You can thank Obsoleet for giving me all the Luigi practice I needed. Fun games.
JF - I'm really sorry about all the Bairing. That is just a fireproof strategy in the DK matchup. I learned that by playing Mouf. Your Falco *****.
TSC - We never play. I want to learn to not suck against your Falcon.
Vaughn - I know I played you, but I can't put a face to the name.
Russia - Such a close set. Your fox is so technical!!!!
TaylorHJ - I shouldn't have taunted lol. You deserved more respect.
Trihex - It's too cool of you to record man. We shoulda played.
Mura- Such a **** Sheik. I need to play more of that. I should have stayed Ganon :(
Sanda Bullock - I really enjoy the Peach matchup. I'm sure you noticed that I know it pretty well. Thanks again to Mouf from da South.
Arc - why don't we ever play?!?! Is you scared of my Ganon?
Mr. F - Can I have some friendlies? Please go puff again.
GlibbyGlobby - You are getting too good too fast too furious.
Jerm - you're too cool man
Tirno - our tournament sets are always so much closer than our friendlies, lol. You make me play so much better.
Obsoleet - counterpick me
Wobbles - I think you only completed one wobble on me in our set. What happened?
Sybawave - For some reason I always report my matches to you. Like you're my groupy or something, lol.

If I missed anybody, it's cuz I couldn't remember who was who. So many new faces.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Entry Fee: $15
Entrants: 27
Total Pot: $405
Pot Split: 44 - 24 - 14 - 10 - 4 - 4

Brawl Singles

1: Lee Martin ($178.20)
2: JNig :wario: ($97.20)
3: Jerm :toonlink: ($56.70)
4: Brawlman1000 ($40.50)
5: BSP ($16.20)
5: HyRo :toonlink: ($16.20)

I still need to know about character usage. Could someone... please?

trihex

Smash Rookie
Alright everyone, working on editing the tourney video together. Mad props to Ran for ensuring the important matches (Loser's Finals and beyond) were played on the recording TV. <3

By Wednesday at latest, I'll be bumping this thread with at least the following uploaded to JewTube:

1) Loser's Finals Set
2) Winer's Finals Set
3) Grand Finals Set

By request, I'm editing all of Paul to the Wall's Gannon friendlies and matches for him.

I've yet to cycle through Melee Doubles and see if anything other than Grand Finals are worth uploading, but I'll check.

Finally, just because I'm sure you all want it (gave a copy to Ran IRL in case you can nab it from him), I can upload the unedited master from Last Smash 5 in case everyone wants it. All 9 hours and 3.9 GBs of it! Just suggest a hosting service and I'll let it upload overnight.

Much love everyone! <3

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well I always have trouble with shoutouts but I will do my best.

ARC: Good job bro! Marth was my biggest source of practice going up and Taj was FAR beyond his time as far as playing Marths go. He's still pretty much ahead of everybody else in almost every regard barring M2K--and he has the edge in the Falco and ICs department--so even if I don't play him for months and months that residual experience will ALWAYS keep me in the game versus Mr. Fabulous. So you're gonna have to work hella hard to conquer that :D But you did a pretty slick job clearing out loser's bracket and you brought our games closer than ever before so keep going dude!

Mr. F: You did a bit better! But you're still gambling on those rests because you get tired of the attrition war that Puff versus ICs can turn into. You're smart man just tighten up all your maneuvering and you will become a big force to be reckoned with!

Von and Luci: You will never beat me and Hannah with double kirby so you may as well just bring a few sandwiches to the next smashfest and save everyone some time! UNFORTUNATELY THAT DOES NOT CARRY OVER TO YOUR REAL TEAM WHICH KIND OF WRECKED US. However I've picked out my official dubs character when teaming with ICs so I am going to practice hard and perhaps.

Tirno and the guy he teamed with: We would have won if you'd gone double Kirby is all I will say.

Sgt. Jordi: One day I'll be good enough so you don't have to drag me kicking and screaming through all our matches. Until that day comes, keep carrying me please. On the other hand, if all we can do is get guaranteed 4th we need to start going to major tournaments so we can get top 5 easy mode.

Obsoleet: You made it out of pools! You are secretly good sir, just try and make it so you don't take 10 hours to warm up. (And keep pimping that hidden Falco lol)

Pawls to the Wauls to the Pauwlwulws: Your Ganon is good! I didn't infinite you because I didn't infinite anybody! Why did you take me to KJ64 whyyyyyyyyyyy.

Diggylobbyglibbymcglobblyobble: Our friendlies were hella fun. And we shall have more before I leave.

Not Texas:

Lee: GJ in Brawl why you forfeit in Melee I wanted to play your Fox :(

Kyle: Your Marth was not bad even a little bit, but as mentioned above I was raised on Marth so I tend to win that matchup lol. GJ taking 5th considering that TX is pretty stacked!

My pool, which IIRC was Sudai, Patrick Bullock, Wiggins and... Avery I think maybe I'm crazy: Good games gentlemen.

Turazrok: Believe it or not I have good DK practice lol. And IC dittos are actually rather interesting once you learn a bit more about them!

To the man whose name I can't say because he beat my Falco, Falcon and Mario in friendlies: I will never forget the injustices you doled out to me. I will train and one day I will avenge myself. (GGs those were some really fun games we played lol)

Everyone else: Hooray for laser tag!

Most importantly: Ran and co., the TOs that run everything. Tournaments and cool experiences don't happen without you guys. Thanks so much!

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Alright everyone, working on editing the tourney video together. Mad props to Ran for ensuring the important matches (Loser's Finals and beyond) were played on the recording TV. <3

By Wednesday at latest, I'll be bumping this thread with at least the following uploaded to JewTube:

1) Loser's Finals Set
2) Winer's Finals Set
3) Grand Finals Set

By request, I'm editing all of Paul to the Wall's Gannon friendlies and matches for him.

I've yet to cycle through Melee Doubles and see if anything other than Grand Finals are worth uploading, but I'll check.

Finally, just because I'm sure you all want it (gave a copy to Ran IRL in case you can nab it from him), I can upload the unedited master from Last Smash 5 in case everyone wants it. All 9 hours and 3.9 GBs of it! Just suggest a hosting service and I'll let it upload overnight.

Much love everyone! <3
Do you think you can upload the winner's semi set between mr. f and jake 13? It was a best of 5 puff vs fox on battlefield, DL, YS, FoD, and FD. I think it was on the recording TV.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Entry Fee: $15
Entrants: 27
Total Pot: $405
Pot Split: 44 - 24 - 14 - 10 - 4 - 4

Brawl Singles

1: Lee Martin :metaknight: ($178.20)
2: JNig :wario: ($97.20)
3: Jerm :toonlink: ($56.70)
4: Brawlman1000 :sonic: ($40.50)
5: BSP :sonic: ($16.20)
5: HyRo :toonlink: ($16.20)
7: r0ni :metaknight: / :popo:
7: Boy Wonder Li D :falco:
9: Batto :metaknight:
9: iTroll :diddy: / :dedede:
9: Curlz :metaknight:
9: Adam :diddy: / :dk2:
13: Boobie :pikachu2:
13: Fang :metaknight: / :marth: / :olimar:
13: Byron :diddy:
13: Gunner Maniac :pikachu2:

I still need to know about character usage. Could someone... please?
Should be accurate.

Wait how the hell did fang make it out of brawl pools?

no offense
He's better than you.

BSP

Smash Legend
Brawlman is awesome. He made me realize I have to step it up.

BTW I think Ran adjusted the payouts, because I didn't get anything for 5th :( Ask him for the split

Top Bottom