• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa - Console Fighter Tournament

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Look's like Ottawa's making a comeback :o

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re back and better than ever!

We have been very busy and working hard to incorporate all your suggestion into our tournaments and we have come back strong in September! Some of the details for the tournament are the same but we’ve added a couple of changes to try and eliminate delays.

Date and Location:

The location is still the same, but who doesn’t love a basement with decent ventilation. Especially one that is so close to everything.

Saturday Sept 3rd 2011.
St. Anthony’s Banquet Hall (523 St. Anthony’s Street in Ottawa, off of Preston St near the Queensway)
Doors open at 11AM, event shuts down around 9-10PM.

Schedule:

Click here to download the days schedule.

You talked and we listened. Now we are delivering! Here is the schedule for the tournament. This will let you know how long you can sleep-in in the morning and when is the best time to take a dinner break.

Tickets:

As always we will be having a venue ticket and an entry ticket. The entry fee will go to the prizes and be split 1st/70%, 2nd/20%, and 3rd/10%

Venue Ticket

Early Bird Price (ends on Aug 26th) – $8
Regular Price – $10
Door Price – $12

Entry Ticket

MvC 3 – $10
SSF 4 – $10
SSB Brawl – $10
SSB Brawl – $20/team
SSB Melee – $5
BlazBlue: CS2 – $5

Payouts

SSB Brawl Singles, SSB Brawl Doubles, SSB Melee Singles - 60/30/10

MvC 3, SSF 4, BlazBlue: CS2 - 70/20/10

Registration

You wanted it, and you got it! Click above to pre-register for our fighter tournament. Not only will this save you time coming in the door, but it helps us get the brackets up and ready, so we can get the tournaments underway as efficiently as possible.

Waiver:

Liability and Release Form

As always we want you to know the risks involved in being a gamer. We don’t want you to have to hang out with someone who has raged at you or messed with your stuff. All it asks of you is to don’t be a **** to other players, volunteers, or to anyone else around. You will have to sign it to get in the door, so save some time and bring it signed!

Rules:

Below are links to the rules that we are using at this tournament. We make sure that we are up to date on the competitive standards, so that you get the professional tournament experience that you expect.

General Rules | Brawl + Melee | SSF4:AE | Marvel vs Capcom 3 | [url='http://www.gamingottawa.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=224&p=1745#p1745]BlazBlue:CS[/url]​

Windrose

Smash Lord
Why are you hosting it in ottawa =( you're from toronto!

I'd want to attend but I'll probably be exhausted from the montreal travel on august 20th.

buenob

Smash Lord
We have enough CRT TV's, but if there's room in the car always good to have extras.

I know the melee went late last time, but that was mostly due to poor organizational structure, which we have remedied this time! Also we have way more staff attending
-- ps. whever those two CRT's we lent to finish off the Melee bracket haven't made their way back to our possession

Anyways, I hope you guys show up :) it may not be huge but it will be well run and there will be a tonne of setups.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yo the tournament here was pretty damn hype, step it up ottawa. Don't **** it up like last time. =) We had PLENTY of setups. GO 1 had **** all for setups.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I think I will be making the trip down to Ottawa if I can reserve a spot in the Quebec vanguard heading over :).

Registration for Melee is listed as $10 on the registration page and $5 on this page.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Legit, sorry for the call out, but my man MDK put you guys on blast for being terrible tourney organizers. I'd def recommend people to avoid this ****, even IF Tinman is stepping up to show them how it's done.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Legit, sorry for the call out, but my man MDK put you guys on blast for being terrible tourney organizers. I'd def recommend people to avoid this ****, even IF Tinman is stepping up to show them how it's done.
I'm sorry Iliad but I've been various time to Buenob's tournament and they have alway finished on time and have run really smoothly for the most part. Maybe the seeding isn't always 100% accurate but I think with Tinman this problem could be fixed.

buenob

Smash Lord
@TOjoe - lol sorry, I didn't know tin was wanting a better chance at winning by offering the spot to GI lolz
@ThatGuy - HOLY CRAP JOEL!!! you best reach.
@Iliad - really? I'm hurt :( no love? haters gonna hate I guess

I can't stress how seriously we take making every event as good as possible, and will learn from anything that goes wrong. Gaming Ottawa isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
actually i asked first but then i realized that im not willing to travel 5 hours for a local brawl tourney lol

Top Bottom