• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa - Console Fighter Tournament

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
Oh, we have cats. Are any of you guys allergic?
Oh crap, cats. I'm allergic to those (on a similar level to how much SG is allergic to dogs, for those who saw that).

But anyway, we can still go to your house. I'll just have to bring some pills for allergies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm Toronto.

Also not reaching. Unless there's a way to get there that doesn't **** my wallet.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Well MiniFridge is driving.... and those who are going with him so far are me, Techiyo and Balus. We have space for 1 more...... but if that person is interested, noone will pick him up. He'll have to come over to my place or something. Sorry but no metro pick-up. lol

Sheep is among those who MiniFridge won't mind giving a lift to. SPEAK UP IF YOU WANA COME SHEEP. ;)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
is it cool if i just show up and register.

i missed the deadline.
of course. :) you just won't be geting a rebate.

Oh and if you can, fill out that form that's available on the Gaming Ottawa website and bring it with you at the tournament.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Since this will be my 100th post... I'm posting this for the sake of getting 100 posts.

Also, aww thanks for the thought GUARD~ <3

and umm... tournament hype! :3

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
so I think so far its

carpool Stroumbert : Stroumbert, Holy, Ally, ThatGuy

Minifridge: Minifridge, techiyo, Guard and Balus so far

Swordgard's: SG, Hells, KingKong so far

Might be missing people, I dont know who's going.

Darkshadow is supposely going no clue with who

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
so I think so far its

carpool Stroumbert : Stroumbert, Holy, Ally, ThatGuy

Minifridge: Minifridge, techiyo, Guard and Balus so far

Swordgard's: SG, Hells, KingKong so far

Might be missing people, I dont know who's going.

Darkshadow is supposely going no clue with who
Add Mar1 in Stroumbert's.

IMPORTANT*
So I registered for the venue fee discount got a name and password but can't log in still :/

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I have no idea but I'm trying to let some people know here that there is melee here. Letting OOP to do the work, so fail.. barely anyone knows about this.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Kage, go on MSN so I can tell you these things!

It is true, I have been a bit slack on advertising for Melee, but Tdot has checked in at least. I'm going to change the entrance fee and try to get teams to be fit in.

Thanks for the hype lol

Ministry

Smash Ace
Mikey

gaming Ottawa still has there TV at my house from the last tournament

i don't know if someone wants to come pick it up or something.

buenob

Smash Lord
Hey Guys!

The deadline was for the "discounted" price. Online registration will continue until the day before the event at $10, and if you show up at the door without preregistering at all it will be $12! Definitely sign up to save yourself the $$$.

I am going to see what I can do about getting more Melee setups. It looks like you guys are coming out of the woodwork again. The first couple tournaments we ran had almost zero melee showing up, so it's one of those things where we don't really know how much emphasis to put on it. Technically at this event melee is a "side tournament" so there aren't going to be pools, and we hadn't planned on doing doubles. If there's time, we will definitely do dubs. Also, if someone is entered in both Melee and one of the "feature" games, the feature game will take priority if the same player is up in both brackets. I don't want to detract hype, but I also don't want to have false-expectations. We decided to run the tournament like this to avoid time-frame issues, as you all are aware were an issue last time.

To those of you that can bring a cube + melee - let me know!
To those of you that can bring a wii + brawl - let me know!
I would like to avoid a cube by itself / disc by itself to ensure that nothing gets lost during the day if at all possible.
Send me an email at : bbueno@gamingottawa.ca if you can, or msg Tin on the boards here and he will get that info to me!

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of registration, I'm not even sure what's supposed to happen after getting the confirmation e-mail, because I tried to log in using the info and it didn't work. Do we need to bring a copy of the confirmation e-mail as proof that we signed up or something...?

buenob

Smash Lord
Hey,

So I really apologize for any confusion around the pre-registration. It is not an ideal fix (using events-manager plugin) and it is the first time we are using it.

Basically anything you signed up for is what you signed up for :) Stroumbert I double checked and you are registered.

What we are going to do is take the exported .csv and print that out, so that when you show up at the door we know who registered when. We have also taken the registration and started seeding the pools/brackets, so that we don't waste any time.

Ministry

Smash Ace
trying to help buenob get this organized. tect is kinda busy atm.

Melee intrest/comfirmation list?

ministry 1 cube+melee
That guy 1 cube+melee
tinman 1cube+melee

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Hey there Buenob, looking forward to seeing you and the others.

I will bring a Wii WITH Brawl. A friend of mine named “Mini Fridge” will do the same.

So that makes:

GUARD = WII + BRAWL

MiniFridge = WII + BRAWL

Top Bottom