• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Salty Shakedown

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Gamers Xperience & Micaelis Presents:

September 3rd, 2011

6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058
770-482-1411

Time:
Venue opens at 1:30 pm. Sign-ups will start at 2 pm. Doubles will begin at 3 pm with Singles following the end of Doubles.

Money:
There will be a $5 door fee and a $10 entry fee into Singles. Doubles will be $5 a person therefore $10 a team. The payout will be 60/30/10 of each pot.

Rules:
This tournament will follow the BBR:RC's Unity Ruleset found here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

Attendance List (22-31):
Kismet2
TheReflexWonder
Micaelis (+4 or more from Tech)
Player-1
DRN
Dynomite
Scatz
M.C. PeePants
Alby
Neo_X
AML?! (+2 friends?)
Player-2
Player-3
Hichez
Zatch
Mercy
Flea
Jamaal
Umby
OutlawPika (maybe)
ChillinPuma (maybe)
Yiff (maybe)
SS4A (interested)
JoFTWin (interested)
Kola (interested, get a car together!)
ShaSLAM (interested, get more AL Slam!)

Last Updated Sep 1st

Setups:
The larger the attendance list the more Wii + Brawl setups we need. The venue has plenty of TVs; we only need Wiis + Brawl if possible please.

Contact Info:
If you need to contact us for any reason then feel free to do so. I am not partnered with the venue in anyway; just a customer using their venue to host a tournament. You can reach me at 770-634-7159. The venue's contact information is listed above under location.

Side Tournament:
Here's the entire ruleset for the side tournament. I advise looking carefully for changes if you plan on entering. The entry fee is just $1 since it is an experimentation event unless the majority would like to increase the amount. Winner takes all.

General Gameplay Rules​
  1. 2 Stocks
  2. 6 Minute Time Limit
  3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
  4. All infinites are illegal.
  5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 20 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 250%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 10 for all characters.

Stage List

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege|Brinstar
Final Destination|Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise|Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1|Rainbow Cruise
Smashville|Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|

Conduct Rules​
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
  3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  6. No substitutions are allowed for singles.
  7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. This must be addressed within the first two minutes or else you are agreeing to play on a hacked Wii. If the hacks are unable to be disabled, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Players are advised to not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any other people helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

B
ecause this is a side event, you are allowed to leave to play your main event matches. You are to inform the Tournament Organizer of what is going on. Anyone not informing the Tournament Organizer will be subject to the DQ Rule. There are no exceptions!​

When you are completely knocked out of the event, do not go anywhere! I need to record any feedback you have for improving or just whether you enjoyed/not enjoyed the event.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Gamers Xperience & Micaelis Presents:

September 3rd, 2011

6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058
770-482-1411

Time:
Venue opens at 1:30 pm. Sign-ups will start at 2 pm. Doubles will begin at 3 pm with Singles following the end of Doubles.

Money:
There will be a $5 door fee and a $10 entry fee into Singles. Doubles will be $5 a person therefore $10 a team. The payout will be 60/30/10 of each pot.

Rules:
This tournament will follow the BBR:RC's Unity Ruleset found here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

Attendance List (22-31):
Kismet2
TheReflexWonder
Micaelis (+4 or more from Tech)
Player-1
DRN
Dynomite
Scatz
M.C. PeePants
Alby
Neo_X
AML?! (+2 friends?)
Player-2
Player-3
Hichez
Zatch
Mercy
Flea
Jamaal
Umby
OutlawPika (maybe)
ChillinPuma (maybe)
Yiff (maybe)
SS4A (interested)
JoFTWin (interested)
Kola (interested, get a car together!)
ShaSLAM (interested, get more AL Slam!)

Last Updated Sep 1st

Setups:
The larger the attendance list the more Wii + Brawl setups we need. The venue has plenty of TVs; we only need Wiis + Brawl if possible please.

Contact Info:
If you need to contact us for any reason then feel free to do so. I am not partnered with the venue in anyway; just a customer using their venue to host a tournament. You can reach me at 770-634-7159. The venue's contact information is listed above under location.

Side Tournament:
Here's the entire ruleset for the side tournament. I advise looking carefully for changes if you plan on entering. The entry fee is just $1 since it is an experimentation event unless the majority would like to increase the amount. Winner takes all.

General Gameplay Rules​
  1. 2 Stocks
  2. 6 Minute Time Limit
  3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
  4. All infinites are illegal.
  5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 20 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 250%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 10 for all characters.

Stage List

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege|Brinstar
Final Destination|Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise|Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1|Rainbow Cruise
Smashville|Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|

Conduct Rules​
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
  3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  6. No substitutions are allowed for singles.
  7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. This must be addressed within the first two minutes or else you are agreeing to play on a hacked Wii. If the hacks are unable to be disabled, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Players are advised to not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any other people helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

B
ecause this is a side event, you are allowed to leave to play your main event matches. You are to inform the Tournament Organizer of what is going on. Anyone not informing the Tournament Organizer will be subject to the DQ Rule. There are no exceptions!​

When you are completely knocked out of the event, do not go anywhere! I need to record any feedback you have for improving or just whether you enjoyed/not enjoyed the event.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Will be here if I can get a ride situated, and that's looking positive for my attendance. If I can't, wat do.

Scatz

Smash Champion
You must have psychic ability, cause this is on my birthday. I'll be coming to this, and I want to try a side tourney with some changed rules for experimentation.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You must have psychic ability, cause this is on my birthday. I'll be coming to this, and I want to try a side tourney with some changed rules for experimentation.
If this happens, I'll enter the side tourney for Scatz <3

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll go if I'm not working on that Saturday.

If I have to work another 11-to-3 schedule (they seem to be fond of giving me just enough hours to screw over my tournament schedule on Saturdays), will you do the same thing you did last time for Calvin and myself?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yea i should be here. Lets try a 2 stock 5/6 min tourney ;D
I'm thinking about that, but also some other things too. Dunno if I want to make it for another tourney, or just host it with a certain amount of people on the same day.

If this happens, I'll enter the side tourney for Scatz <3
<3 Glad you'll do it for me.

I'll go if I'm not working on that Saturday.

If I have to work another 11-to-3 schedule (they seem to be fond of giving me just enough hours to screw over my tournament schedule on Saturdays), will you do the same thing you did last time for Calvin and myself?
I'd hope you two can come to this. I'd be able to get more concrete information, and it'd be great to hear what you think about it.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Reflex - Of course I'll wait for you if I can. Just tell me if you do have work so I can be sure to re-organize a bit. Otherwise the tournament will be as said in OP.

@Scatz - I'll have a surprise for you then :) and definitely I'll host some side tournaments. You should PM me the rules and what not you want and I'll put it in OP.

@shaSLAM - Awesome! I hope you can. You should entice/bring more AL with you too. Hype it up :D and we MUST play some friendlies. Both Wario and MK :)

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'll send you the details later this week. I'm deciding whether to have a person cap to host more side tourneys or not (along with other stuff).

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Perhaps I shall come again and bring (or at least reinvite) two of the three friends I brought last time.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Nice to hear you're bringing more people AML.

rather hyped for this :)

Feels like i havn't seen you all in ages!!

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Yeah the last Salty Shakedown (that you unfortunately food poisoned out of :( ) had 14 entrants...and I had brought four of those including myself lol. My peach friend Stem just moved to grad school in Michigan, but I'll see who else I can invite.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yeah the last Salty Shakedown (that you unfortunately food poisoned out of :( ) had 14 entrants...and I had brought four of those including myself lol. My peach friend Stem just moved to grad school in Michigan, but I'll see who else I can invite.
yeah that really sucked :( Wasnt pleasant..
Dyno, I'm taking your hat at this.

And burning it.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What's the earliest I can show up? I like to make early appearances so that my mom has the day to herself.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
You guys should really try to come. I'm probably bringing some people from GATech with me and I'm going to convince 4GOD to come too prob. There will also be a surprise for the people who's Birthday it is. You really shouldn't miss this tournament. It's going to be a lot of fun.

ChillinPuma

Smash Rookie
[Challenger Approaches!]

Sup guys,

I'm Puma and I'm new to the area (GAtech student) and am looking to play some competitive smash so I'll try and make it for the tourny. I'm more of a melee player, but open to anything. Any chance of a melee setup for some friendlies?

Umby

Smash Master
Birthday surprises or not, I just wanted everyone to be there. :(

I'm actually trying to make it, just sorting out some awkward complications. Don't count me in or out just yet.

Top Bottom