• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Salty Shakedown

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
Hey guys Soo I got some news, ill be going to this and I be bringing a new smasher with me who moved down here from Fl named Outlaw

:phone:

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@ChillinPuma - You should definitely come. I just talked to DruggedFox (prob one of top 3 Melee players in GA) and he might come with me. I've been trying to get Melee interested but there hasn't been much interest it seems. But I'm sure if I run a cheap Melee tourney on the side it'll get some interest. I'll post up more when I know more (like if Sami is coming for sure or not). Worse comes to worse, there's some Brawl players who are pretty good at Melee who I'm sure will play with you regardless. You should bring a Melee setup though if you can (no TV required).

@Umby - You need to come, no excuses! :D

@Flea - Awesome. Can't wait to meet him. Bring even more! :p

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Needs some hype at the 6 day mark.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I already texted him Angelo's number.

If I lowered team entry to $5 a person to encourage sign-ups would anybody be against this? Teams are always kind of silly and I feel like a lower entry amount would increase participation. Discuss.

Also, I have yet to be contacted about any side events. Are there anything particular you guys want done at this tournament? I need to know soon, please.

Less than a week away fellas. Entice your friends and make sure you have everything worked out for attending. See you soon.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I already texted him Angelo's number.

If I lowered team entry to $5 a person to encourage sign-ups would anybody be against this? Teams are always kind of silly and I feel like a lower entry amount would increase participation. Discuss.

Also, I have yet to be contacted about any side events. Are there anything particular you guys want done at this tournament? I need to know soon, please.

Less than a week away fellas. Entice your friends and make sure you have everything worked out for attending. See you soon.
lets have a $5 low tiers side event.

Where reflex cant enter.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Reflex won't be entering because he's running the tourney at AWA(?). It sucks cause they're both running at the same day. =/

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I thought AWA was on September 17-ish, but it's apparently on September 30-October 2.

Also, my Falcon is getting rather good.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Mark me as interested.

The status for this will likely be confirmed to going if people need rides. Flea already sent me a PM on FB.

I know people need rides, so hop to it...

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Pretty sure TGK is coming from Athens? So he should just Google Map from his place to the venue, then map out the shortest route from his place, to yours, to Fleas, etc and subtract that amount of mileage from his alone trip then charge you based off the difference. Makes it the most fair and everyone can agree on it.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Pretty sure TGK is coming from Athens? So he should just Google Map from his place to the venue, then map out the shortest route from his place, to yours, to Fleas, etc and subtract that amount of mileage from his alone trip then charge you based off the difference. Makes it the most fair and everyone can agree on it.
+ the time it takes to get everyone out of the way..

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
+ the time it takes to get everyone out of the way..
... I don't think you understood/read what I was saying properly >.> since what you said would already be factored in... but whatevs. As long as the start and stop locations are the same, my math/idea works.

@Reflex - I can delay some stuff if necessary so get back to me ASAP.

@Henry - You should come even if it's just for friendlies to say hey. You might have fun in a side event too.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Publix has a knack for making me work just enough to miss tournaments.

I'm working from 12 to 4 this Saturday, but with my car working well, instead of spending the first 20 minutes trying to get my car to work, that should end with me showing up about 40 minutes later than last time if you're still willing to let me enter anything at all.

Scatz

Smash Champion
You can enter the side tourney I'll be doing. Gonna be looking for feedback from it anyways since I might go large if it's popular.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Tournament is only 4 days away (including this day) so make sure you all have your plans together and can make it. Bring more people if you think they'd be interested.

@Reflex - So that means a little after 6? I can probably hold singles for you but not doubles. That's too late. I'll probably do pools again so we can do a large portion of the matches before you even arrive.

Side Event will be a 2 stock, 6 min set with a lowered amount of edge grabs (TBA) and no infinites as requested by Scatz. Entry price will most likely be determined by interest.

The price for doubles will likely be lowered in the attempt to increase interest. It most likely will be $5 a person or $5 a team since doubles is semi-viewed as a joke as most like to play it just for fun. If the entry amount is very low then a round-robin is possible.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Tournament is only 4 days away (including this day) so make sure you all have your plans together and can make it. Bring more people if you think they'd be interested.

@Reflex - So that means a little after 6? I can probably hold singles for you but not doubles. That's too late. I'll probably do pools again so we can do a large portion of the matches before you even arrive.

Side Event will be a 2 stock, 6 min set with a lowered amount of edge grabs (TBA) and no infinites as requested by Scatz. Entry price will most likely be determined by interest.

The price for doubles will likely be lowered in the attempt to increase interest. It most likely will be $5 a person or $5 a team since doubles is semi-viewed as a joke as most like to play it just for fun. If the entry amount is very low then a round-robin is possible.
That's fine. I'll probably be around at 6:30 or so. I'm willing to go for just Singles.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'll be focusing on setting up the side event during doubles. If anyone wants me to play doubles, let me know.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
How much do you charge, TGK?

:phone:
Umm....this.

:grin:

Last time I came, I took McPee and Flea, and both gave $5 for gas.

What I do is just look @ the distance from your place to GX, see if that's highway or city (because that does make a difference), and give you a number. Nothing more, nothing less. However, I will need a few more people to take though so I can make this trip, welp, sustainable. :/

But we still got three days, so anyone needing a ride can send me a message on FB on here.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Nice! Tourney hype! That means that our attendance is well over 20 or so confirmed and possibly up 30 if people decide to show up or what not. This is the best attendance we've had in awhile and it excludes some frequent players like DRN/HeroChima. Good stuff guys. Hopefully next tournament will be even bigger! Hype hype!

If you guys have any questions text or call me. My phone number is in the OP. Also, don't forget that MARTA does run RIGHT to the venue, the station is one exit away and the bus runs right to the venue so if you need more info for MARTA just ask.

DRN

Smash Lord
Good **** Michael for pulling people together

Hopefully i can make the next one

Scatz

Smash Champion
Here's the entire ruleset for the side tournament. I advise looking carefully for changes if you plan on entering. The entry fee is just $1 since it is an experimentation event unless the majority would like to increase the amount.

General Gameplay Rules​
  1. 2 Stocks
  2. 6 Minute Time Limit
  3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
  4. All infinites are illegal.
  5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 20 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 250%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 10 for all characters.

Stage List

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege|Brinstar
Final Destination|Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise|Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1|Rainbow Cruise
Smashville|Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|

Conduct Rules​
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
  3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  6. No substitutions are allowed for singles.
  7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. This must be addressed within the first two minutes or else you are agreeing to play on a hacked Wii. If the hacks are unable to be disabled, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Players are advised to not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any other people helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Because this is a side event, you are allowed to leave to play your main event matches. You are to inform the Tournament Organizer of what is going on. Anyone not informing the Tournament Organizer will be subject to the DQ Rule. There are no exceptions!​

When you are completely knocked out of the event, do not go anywhere! I need to record any feedback you have for improving or just whether you enjoyed/not enjoyed the event.

ChillinPuma

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'll be there!

I'll bring a melee setup too for some friendlies ^_^

Also, it's my first time at this venue.. are there places to park nearby?

Top Bottom