• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of gaming 8...Oct. 15th Road to Revival..Wallingford, CT

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

BRING SETUPS

Saturday, October 15th, 2011
Wallingford, Connecticut

If you need to contact myself or the venue use either of the following numbers:
Hall of gaming - (203)675-7600
DarkDragoon(Nick) - (860) 510-3364
Sponsors:

APEX RAFFLE!
$5 gets your name entered into a drawing for Apex. If you're picked you're in for free! :D SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL TO ME!

GET 20% OF AN YOU SUBWAY PURCHAES(SUBWAY NEXT DOOR ONLY) WHEN YOU PAY VENUE FEE ALL DAY AND NIGHT AND CONTESTANTS WHO PLACE ALONG WITH PRIZE MONEY GET SOME SWEET GAMESTOP SWAG
!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

The Hall of gaming is a reincarnation of Digital Mayhem and is co-ran by one of the long time smash community member DMmike who basically helped in the start of the esticle series. Hall of Gaming is in a new location in Wallingford, Connecticut (Pretty much near the middle of the state).

Notes:
Hey guys. nick darkdragoon and myself are runnign these things and much thanks to mattdotzeb for getting the ball rolling. This particular event will be run in preparation for Revival of Melee 4 in Nanuet. NY at the end of november so bring you game and def do not be afraid to try some new stuff if you plan on attending that or APEX. This is a great chance to flex your muscles and improve to make that "big breakthrough" at a major. That is what I will be doing at least.

'Like' Hall of Gaming on Facebook for updates on all their tournaments!
https://www.facebook.com/HallofGaming

BRING SETUPS

220 North Colony Street, Suite A
Wallingford, CT 06492

SCHEDULE:
11:00am - Venue opens
11:30am - Doubles sign ups
12:30pm - Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins, any last minute sign ups happen now.
1pm - Doubles starts
2pm - Singles sign ups begin
3:30pm - Singles sign ups end and pool seeding begins.
4pm - Pools begin
11pm - Venue closes​

• Breaks for lunch of course are apparent but depend on size of tourney.
• The schedule is to serve as a general guideline.

ENTRY FEES AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in love)
Venue fee - $5 per entrant
Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%
Prize Pool for Pro bracket - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%
Prize Pool for Amateur bracket - 1st/2nd/3rd - 60%/30%/10%

I will absorb all prize money unless we have people who
BRING SETUPS

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick Stages: Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise.

Teams Random List
: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.
Counterpick Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64

Stage strike is 1 - 2 - 1

Ask about certain technicalities such as rising pound and wallbombing.

Wobbling is NOT banned. Lets see what happens/who complains.

SETS:

Best of 3 except winners, losers, & grand finals which will be best of 5. This may be subject to change depending on numbers we pull. If there is a great turnout then sets for cash may be set to best of 5. Regardless of the latter we WILL pay out top 5 at every singles tourney.

POOLS:
They are to be standard and adjusted given the turnout. Tie breakers will be broken as follows:
1. Set Win-Loss ratio
2. Match Win-Loss ratio
3. Head to Head

If someone would like to help me seed, please do. I know lots of people, but I don't know everyone.

BRING SETUPS!!!!

-swiftbass-

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ok guys tell everyone you know. Try to get them guys from shelton to come out too!

Hab try to get anyone else from NY. This is gonna be a good one. LARGER VENUE!

*georgeH

Smash Rookie
not gonna place 4th in my pool only to get last in amateur again, im definately gonna try to get more of my shelton guys to come with

Spife

Smash Master
i'm gonna go for the clear pepsi but sand bag in singles so i don't take first and get over whelmed by people asking me about how i beat everyone with akuma

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Swift can you fix the date on the thingy. It says August 20th still. People were confused when i showed it to them.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Swift/Nick: For future reference you have to keep the Subway store updated about the events and when they'll be. I called them yesterday to make sure they knew about the event and they didn't.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Swift/Nick: For future reference you have to keep the Subway store updated about the events and when they'll be. I called them yesterday to make sure they knew about the event and they didn't.
Aiiiiiiiiiiight.
I'm ready to come at this tournament with my red pants like no one's business.

Also Matt, gimme the Subway's number.
-DD

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Would anyone be able to bring some flyers to the Subway in front of the store a week or two before the event?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Would anyone be able to bring some flyers to the Subway in front of the store a week or two before the event?
Felipe told me that he would do so. i need to send him a picture or something rather soon for an flyer idea. plus i know the girl that runs that subway she comes into my job. thanks tho for the heads up

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Felipe told me that he would do so. i need to send him a picture or something rather soon for an flyer idea. plus i know the girl that runs that subway she comes into my job. thanks tho for the heads up
Do you? THat's awesome. There's already an idea of what postercard will be used.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
This looks awesomeeeee I think me/Alex/D1 and prlly others are gonna go to this.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
bolt, you should give me some of that falco practice in the next coming weeks before this. or, can you pm me information about that meetup you were talking about? that would be nice too

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Bumping for hype, lets keep this alive guys I wanna see a great turnout. Get practicing everyone look forward to seeing you there. I'll message any of my friend who may be free at this point in time and see if they're willing to make the trip!

Top Bottom