• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of gaming 8...Oct. 15th Road to Revival..Wallingford, CT

$mike

Smash Ace
hmm..well I could always take the train to Bridgeport and back if you can give me a ride to the tourney Swift. I'd like to know how Mike would get to the tourney though. I gotta contact Mike and see what his situation I guess
if you're talking about me, i don't have a way to get anywhere. this includes the train, anybody's house in fairfield/bridgeport, etc. :\

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Anyone want to team with Mewtwo?!
My Mewtwo.

:| For Serious.

...kinda.

[Still haven't decided if I'm going to stop TOing this one long enough to actually play.]
-DD

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, my friend and I have been playing melee for a while now and this will be our first ever tournament, and it sounds great! I main Jigglypuff (Wall of Pain ftw). We don't know a whole lot about tournaments, so how will seeds be decided, and will we be in the amateur bracket? Thanks

crush

Smash Master
Anyone want to team with Mewtwo?!
My Mewtwo.

:| For Serious.

...kinda.

[Still haven't decided if I'm going to stop TOing this one long enough to actually play.]
-DD
ill team with you if youre able to

Hey guys, my friend and I have been playing melee for a while now and this will be our first ever tournament, and it sounds great! I main Jigglypuff (Wall of Pain ftw). We don't know a whole lot about tournaments, so how will seeds be decided, and will we be in the amateur bracket? Thanks
wow thats grand!

thebaconhawk46

Smash Rookie
whatsup everyone i go by Larz on Smash, and my friend goes by Pins, we're allright, but not pros. We really want to know what kind of competition is going to be in the amateur bracket when we show up

crush

Smash Master
whatsup everyone i go by Larz on Smash, and my friend goes by Pins, we're allright, but not pros. We really want to know what kind of competition is going to be in the amateur bracket when we show up
Amateur Bracket is super hard tons of pros except for the byes and octave. and emos/girls (lol what's the difference)

:phone:

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Seeding is done by the pool system, meaning you're given a "pool" of players and you play all the other players within the pool. If you are in the top half of the pool's win-loss ratio, you go onto pro bracket, while if you are in the bottom half, you go onto amateur. Bracket placement is done by the TO and volunteer top players, mostly to assure that players don't need to play with people they came with or people they've played frequently in tournament.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It'll be mixed competition. Beginner through Average is what you can expect, with some slightly-above-average players.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
seriously considering coming to this now that moose has been pushed back, gotta find out if i can get the day off tho. If so it'll be nice to be at this venue again, haven't been to one of these in almost a year i think

also

It'll be mixed competition. Beginner through Average is what you can expect, with some slightly-above-average players.
and be sure not to worry about me, i'm a beginner :troll:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I am supporting these new events coming up so hard.

Seeding is done by pools. Say for example top3 from each pool goes into the Pro Bracket. If you aren't in the top3 you automatically go into the amateur bracket.

crush

Smash Master
I will bring 0 setups 0 recording setups and 1 controller.

Also ya I need a teammate too anyone plaawwwwwwwwwks.

Fun fact: the word teammate scrambled can spell teamteam or matemate

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
can't come to this now. Didn't get two weeks notice even though i asked two weeks in advance. Or i thought i did. Whatever.

Well actually i work on rt 5 in enfield, maybe i could swing down for some friendlies if i feel like it (ie not too tired) after work.

Big maybe tho

gonna be at moose 1 for sure tho

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
icylight if i make it to this we need to play! I don't think that we've played since '09 (SMB3 i think)

teevee too actually lol

TeeVee

Smash Lord
yea this will be my first melee tourny lol im gonna have to leave at like 4 since i have work but i wanted to do doubles.

i dont have any melee videos i can show but im really good in smash doubles overall. beat the best team in the country in brawl a month or 2 ago and i always place in the money every event in doubles. if anyone wants to do friendlies or something pre tourny to test out chemistry it would be cool, i want to attend but im not going if i dont get a partner lol.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm on the fence about going to this now... mostly because I don't have definitive way here + comic con. Is there anyone from NY traveling to this? Or is there a way via public trans?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
yea this will be my first melee tourny lol im gonna have to leave at like 4 since i have work but i wanted to do doubles.

i dont have any melee videos i can show but im really good in smash doubles overall. beat the best team in the country in brawl a month or 2 ago and i always place in the money every event in doubles. if anyone wants to do friendlies or something pre tourny to test out chemistry it would be cool, i want to attend but im not going if i dont get a partner lol.
you sure about that? I'm about 90 percent certain that i played someone called teevee @ SMB4... In the melee tourny losers bracket...

TeeVee

Smash Lord
you sure about that? I'm about 90 percent certain that i played someone called teevee @ SMB4... In the melee tourny losers bracket...

o i entered melee at smb4 but i was there for brawl and only entered because i was bored waiting for matches lol. this will be my first actual melee tourny

strawhats

Smash Master

m2k/ally?!

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Sup hab lolol

Well I just got sat off so I'll be staying for singles too. Looking forward to meeting the ne melee community

Top Bottom