• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 3 - December Edition

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Date: Saturday, December 3rd

Location: Carson’s Carryout second floor, 1515 Tripp Circle Madison, Wisconsin
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA Location “A” Go in the front door and up the stairs to your left.

If you switch to satellite view, you can see just to the East a huge, free parking lot literally 20 yards from the venue! It’s labeled “Lot 34.”

Prices: $5.00 venue fee (includes pizza!)
$10.00 Melee singles
$20.00 Melee doubles ($10 per person)
$10.00 Brawl singles
$20.00 Brawl doubles ($10 per person)
$5.00 UMvC 3
$5.00 SSF4
$5.00 3SO
$5.00 Double Dash

Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
60/30/10 singles

If 30+ entrants,
1st- 55%
2nd – 25%
3rd- 10%
4th- 5%
5th- 2.5% each

Schedule:

11:00 AM - Venue opens/registration starts
12:00 PM - Brawl doubles
12:00 PM – Melee doubles
1:00 PM – MvC 3
3:00 PM - Brawl singles
3:00 PM – SSF4
4:00 PM – Melee singles
8:00 PM – 3SO
8:00 PM – Mario Kart: Double Dash
11:00 PM - Venue closes

Melee Rules:

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers semis, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Wobbling is banned.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.

Stages:

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

Set format:

1. Both players select characters. Double blind can be called if necessary.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Brawl Rules:

The Unity Ruleset:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Smash 64 Rules:

Game Settings

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners semis, winners finals, losers semis, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.

Stages

The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle and Dream Land.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach's Castle.

First match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List. An impartial observer/tournament organiser flips a coin to decide who strikes first. Rock-paper-scissors is alright too, but it's technically a skill irrelevant to smash.

The 64 Recommended Ruleset uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the Starter Stage List until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Characters

All characters are legal.

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules:

-Default settings
-3 out of 5 matches.
-Loser may change characters/assists. Winner cannot change characters or assists (character lock).
-Both players may alter their order by holding A1 or A2 during loading.

Super Street Fighter 4 Rules:

- 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
-If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
-Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

Mario Kart: Double Dash Rules:
-2/3 races, 3/5 finals, 1v1, items set to basic, 150 cc
- First race track is chosen at random; subsequent races loser picks track (Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect for best of 5), Mirror Mode tracks are counterpickable. Winner of previous match may ban one track. Winner of previous match may switch racers, then loser may switch racers.
-Rock Paper Scissors for first character choice, then 1-2-1

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Come and hang out in Madison before finals with the full range of fighting games, plus Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

As per usual, bring setups to waive venue/pizza fee. OM NOM NOM.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
TAKE NOTE OF VENUE FEE BEING $5. IF YOU BRING A FULL SETUP, IT IS WAIVED. VENUE FEE WILL GO TOWARDS FREE PIZZA, FREE DRINKS. so if you bring a setup, you can eat/drink for free, yeaaaaaa.

example: john9blue- hey sanchaz, I brought a tv, is my venue fee waived.
sanchaz: no because you didn't bring a gamecube.....******

ace: replace mvc3 with umvc3. plus I'm not sure what to do with the entry fee for this game. just $5 for now until we can figure out something

Mundungu

Smash Lord
That's how we've added all these other games to the schedule. First it was 3SO, then MK:DD, might as well be MK64 next.

ORLY

Smash Master
i want you guys to tell kerahime that i'm comin' for him in AE this time

e ryu gonna stomp on *****es

Battlecow

Play to Win
So how was 64 turnout last time + do you expect it to be similar this time?

Might actually not flake this time.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
we may have to ban dante......more info on this later. he has a zero to death kill on block that is invincible

also I know it's apretty small, but please remember to pause off in teams guys, or please remind me

ORLY

Smash Master
Banning Rainbow Road is the path of darkness!

And yes, Frank. 90% likely. Wanna team? ;D

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to be there. If I show up, I'll have a Cube (Melee/DD) and PS3 (UMVC3/SSF4AE/3Soe/AH3) along with an Evo monitor...and maybe a TV if I think of it.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Nope. The Chicago tournies are MK banned, so I'm offering an alternative (for this one last tournament, because come January the little guy's gone for good).

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
It depends on how many people we get. Very roughly (an hour for each 10 people there are) +1 hour. Come to play friendlies at least!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
It depends on what you are entering. Melee doubles takes about 3 hours, singles takes about 4-5 hours. Brawl doubles takes 4 hours, singles takes about 6 hours.

Top Bottom