• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink ~After Story~ 3

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Brawl

Doubles Bracket
10 Entrants

1)Interracial double date- Kain:wolf: + Sago:metaknight: (120$)
2)5nice 5ever- Marshall:metaknight: + Grimace:snake: (60$)
3)Legan:zerosuitsamus: + Nicole:peach: (20$)
4)Chimps n Blimps- DLA:ganondorf::metaknight: + JJ Rockets:diddy:
5)DtJ means that Jungle is a kawaii librarian synchro'd with a kawaii magician and it makes him like little boys- DtJ Oro:marth::zerosuitsamus: + Zwarm:rob::peach:
5)Chutes and Ladders- Hunger:wario: + BPow:wario::metaknight:
7)The Salesmen of Randomness- Teh_DC:snake::falcon: + Masho:dedede:
7)Giygas- Brad:lucas: + Patrick:yoshi2:
9)Team Sailors- Arty:gw::falco: + RedRyu :lucario:
9)Obliv ? + JohhnyBarbs ?

Singles Bracket

23 Entrants

1)Hunger:wario: (138$)
2)Kain:wolf: (69$)
3)The scene of Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis from Black Swan... gave me a boner- Marshall:metaknight: (23$)
4)Arty:gw::falco:
5)Sago:metaknight:
5)JJ Rockets:diddy:
7)Masho:dedede:
7)BPow:metaknight::wario:
9)DtJ Oro:marth::zerosuitsamus:
9)Grimace:snake:
9)Legan:zerosuitsamus:
9)King:metaknight::pikachu2:
13)DLA:ganondorf::falco:
13)Teh_DC:snake:
13)Spongejordan:lucas:
13)RedRyu:lucario:

Drowned in pools :(

17)Zwarm :rob::peach: (left early)
17)JohhnyBarbs ?
17)Obliv ?
17)Brad :yoshi2:
21)Patrick:lucas:
21)Looshkin:ike:
21)Lil Kwanza ?

Melee

Singles Bracket

9 entrants

0)DtJ Oro:falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee: :falconmelee: Scythe is bad :troll:
1)Scythe:sheikmelee::mariomelee::marthmelee: :falconmelee: (30$)
2)Sago:sheikmelee::marthmelee: (10$)
3)Arty:samusmelee::foxmelee: (5$)
4)Looshkin:ganonmelee:
5)Masho :falconmelee:
5)Hunger:marthmelee:
7)Luis :sheikmelee:
7)DLA :falconmelee:

Drowned
9)RedRyu:falcomelee:

Street Fighter 3rd Strike

6 Entrants

1)Scythe

2)Sago

3)Kain

4)Zwarm

5)Brad

5)RedRyu

BPx

Smash Lord
my metaknight is butts, only wario from here all out

shoutouts later

also if people want to critique me or tell me any of the dumb **** i did(or how to tech game and watch's downthrow (<3 arty) ), please msg me here or on facebook

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The scene where natalie portman and mila kunis from black swan...gave me a boner, should've gotten first just for having that name.

:018:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Thanks for coming out Iowa, hope you guys had a good time. I hope you start to come out to more of these since it isn't that long of a drive.

This was the lowest turnout of IL players (not overall turnout) in a long time, but I hope things pick up again after APEX. There were some newer IL faces that I hope start to make more of a presence.

WI, thanks for coming out like usual. I have always considered Kaukauna/Waukesha pretty much an extension of our state, especially with the current state of WI Brawl, so I always appreciate you guys coming out, and I hope you guys know that you are much loved/appreciated here.

Thank you Nicole (NE/Missouri/whatever you are) coming out as well. Sad you didnt enter singles since you stayed the whole time. Sorry we couldn't get the side event going either, I just didn't want to run another event considering how late we started.

I hope everyone had a good time, and continues to come to these. I am going to try my best to spread info about these tourneys around chicagoland, and look for sponsors so we can continue to have bigger/better events, and hopefully get some money to attract OOS/OOR. I want everyone to experience a Chicagoland Regional/National that had probably never happened for Brawl, and really only Melee players have experienced. Considering how hard it is to get a job and I am unemployed, I figure this will keep me busy while also looking for work.

Individual SO's later.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Good **** Hunger and JJ!! I am for SURE going to the next one. LOL. I miss everyone.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Awesome tournament, was a lot of fun. I will definately be at the next one if it is over my winter break but I'll come again if Bpow and Lil Kwanza want to go again.

Shout outs to Lil Kwanza for driving and Sago for housing us! Also to Bpow and Legan for all the good friendlies the night before/after.

I had an awesome time, was good seeing everyone again. GGs to everyone I played. Fun matches both in tournament and back at Sago's. Might do more shouts late if I feel like it lol.

hunger!

Smash Champion
2)Kain (69$) - Good games man. It's about damn time since our sets are always close. I could never cg you <3

3)Marshall (23$) - good stuff marsh. we got back and forth too much.

4)Arty - gnw is a homo and you should feel bad for using him. use falco vs me. . . it's easier.

5)Sago - you look terrible in red. Good games yo but you seemed like you werent playing up to par or something...i dunno

5)JJ Rockets - JJ, you've gotten so much better from last time i played you and you really impressed me in your set vs sago. Great job, keep improving.

7)Masho - Dont know you but your mustache was terrible. I love terrible mustache. Respect.

7)BPow - Wario. fukkk the bat.

9)DtJ Oro - Classy gent. Thnx for hosting man like always. Melee baby

9)Grimace - you coudl have gotten better but w/e. your set vs marsh was beast

9)Legan - i'm so fresh you can suck my nuts.

9)King pikachu - You're racist. not me!

13)DLA - sorry for the unintentional bracket fukkk lol. and i hate playing your ganon with a passion. GO MK VS ME INSTEAD ITS EASIER!

13)Teh_DC - Keep comin to these and you'll keep improving. and wifi sucks

13)Spongejordan - long time no see sponge. brawl sucks anyway so its legit

13)RedRyu - you should have done better red. didnt talk to you much here but ya know i love ya

17)Zwarm (left early) - your coat is stupid

17)JohhnyBarbs - nice seeing new faces

17)Obliv - Nice seeing new faces

17)Brad - play better people to get better. simple as that

21)Patrick - ballin yoshi apparel

21)Looshkin - ganon is gay in melee!

21)Lil Kwanza - LaQueesha.

Fun tourney. Oro is a beast. Disappointed in the turnout but w/e. I blame ook/akashi/melinda/quik and the rest of IL for that.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
2nd seed in pools

1st round winners: DLA vs Hunger

1st round losers: DLA vs Sago

**** my life.

shoutouts later

Arty

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

1)Hunger - Good stuff winning dude. I'm polishing that Fox up for next time ;)
2)Kain - You failed Diego on that Taco Bell. GGs man, Frigate almost gave me the win though!
3)Marshall - And I really wanted to face your MK with GW :( Good **** on third dude!
5)Sago - 270%!!! You always gotta be hatin on the Eagles when I'm playin my matches!
5)JJ Rockets - I'll never live it down, losing to JJKnight. GGs man, I'm surprised I won actually. I don't usually win Luigi vs Diddy, since Diddies always camp me to death in that matchup
7)Masho - Nice Dedede man, but that Icies matchup is too tough :(
7)BPow - Good stuff coming out, and fun matches. Learn that tech!!!
9)DtJ Oro - Thanks for hostin bro, and good **** on the no bias in seeding lol
9)Grimace - I'm always so happy when I see my bracket and I don't have to play you! You probably showed the whole venue that bump lol.
9)Legan - We're teaming for sure at the next one! GW/ZSS all day
9)King - GGs man, you had me scared with your MK until you just fell and died 1st stock lol
13)DLA - GGs also. You will never beat my GW, muahahahhaha. Also thanks a lot for driving!
13)Teh_DC - Fun friendlies man. I like your Marth better than your Snake though!
13)Spongejordan - GGs man, and nice seeing you. It's been forever. Lucas still going strong on Brinstar ;)
13)RedRyu - Fun teaming dude. We had like no chemistry though on the buckets :(
17)Zwarm - Thanks for the ride! We both know why you guys won that teams match. ****ing Phil Dawson
17)JohhnyBarbs - Nice meeting you man. Make it out to more tournies!
17)Brad - Nice meeting you as well. Come out to more of these!
21)Patrick - Nice meeting you as well. Come out to more of these! Your Zelda is sick!
21)Looshkin - GGs in Melee! **** RC lol
Nicole - Fun friendlies, sick Peach as usual! Should've entered singles though :(

Oro?!

Smash Hero
2nd seed in pools

1st round winners: DLA vs Hunger

1st round losers: DLA vs Sago

**** my life.

shoutouts later
We both had the worst possible effects of good people getting bad seeds. It was more indirect for you though. JJ vs Sago round one is why you had to play Sago early, but I had to play Kain(3rd seed) and JJ(4th seed). Take it however you will, but **** happens, people get bad brackets, and if you want to win/make it far in a tourney, you gotta beat the favored players. (Hunger/Kain/Arty/Sago/JJ/Marshall)
any tourneys planned over christmas break?
I honestly don't know. I would be up for hosting really any day until January, but I probably won't until it has guaranteed 30~ attendance.
zwarm and oro suck
<3 you bro.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
I need to get to a brawl tournament soon. Ive been getting real nasty brawl WD's.

Recently i picked up my gamecube controller, stared at a blank tv, and i saw sheik appear so i started dacus'ing with her.

I discovered i was hallucinating when i realized that my dacuses were actually working

:phone:

Scythe

Smash Master
Shoutouts to everyone i played in melee and 3S

also you know something is wrong when I'M TOing lol

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If there are any other mistakes, let me know so I can change them.

JJ/Kain, I'm comin for your ***** next time. There is no MK on Cruise to save you anymore, JJ. :glare:

Sago

Smash Lord
1) JHBBALLERZ-good games man. i always knew youd start trying against me again :p but seriously watch out for my .......uhm marth? next time we meet!

2)Kain (69$) - you seriously do the most impressive sound FX for zwarms ****ty anime music. ive been practicing. i wana be just like you rique!

3)Marshall (23$) - now that MK is gone. ill race you to top 3 first with a secondary!?!?! fun going to chipotle with you. tie shoes 4 lyf

4)Arty - good melee matches. Im amazed this is like the first time ever we havent played in bracket.

5)Sago - red was inevitably your down fall. your meta knight is seriously gonna be so zen at apex

5)JJ Rockets - NO WHY JJ!!! I LET YOU INTO MY HOME AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME! It was good getting to see you again and you guys are definatley welcome to come again sometime.

7)Masho -Didnt get to play you but you did damn well. good melee games

7)BPow - cool gettin to hang out all weekend. seriously play all wario!

9)DtJ Oro - great job as usual. tournament went mostly swimmingly. imma slap hunger and kain :p

9)Grimace - always the best man. i feel like i sit around and bull**** with you more then anyone else at these. you mah boi tyga.

9)Legan - i love you brother, but you had better prey to god. You dont miss......(Metaknight Under the Table) seriously dont kill yourself i was expecting those to be really difficult.

9)King pikachu - king pikachus break out tournament. myself and a few associates have just called it.

13)DLA - sorry about your bracket. JJ is really good though. so i blame seeding. whats interesting is that if i wouldent have lost to junglejim rocketts i know how much you like diddy kong

13)Teh_DC - still a tactical genius. i saw you watching my matchs.

13)Spongejordan - S-n-J my favorite sponge. glad you could make it. and yeah brawl is pretty terrible so do it for me. because i cant : (

13)RedRyu - great job adapting in both our games in pools at this. you had some really scary combacks and great spacing. see you in the winners circle

17)Zwarm (left early) - sorry about your fight stick. ill bring it next time i promise/ give it to barnes i promise!

17)JohhnyBarbs - i think we played melee? good games if so. always good to see new faces

17)Obliv - Nice seeing new faces

17)Brad - play better people to get better. simple as that

21)Patrick - all you yoshi's look the same!!!!!!! glad you could make it. and glad i could answer any questions you had. come again soon.

21)Looshkin - good **** entering brawl. and great set in melee. skate board to the moon

21)Lil Kwanza - cool having you come and crash for the weekend. come again sometime it was alot of fun. and thanks for grabbing the ps3 controller.

Scythe

Smash Master
not when you mm me rob then it's costs you 5 dollars : )

Akashi

Smash Lord
Shout-outs to Hunger for getting 1st, I'm super happy you finally beasted on beast Kain. I hope you do it more often <3 Kain needs a good rival.

Shout-outs to Marshall for taking 3rd. You're always so consistent, bud, and I'm glad you're doing well

Shout-outs to the wifi kids getting out of pools. I love ya, Masho&DC <3.

Shout-outs to the awesome TOs, namely Oro this time for holding it down the entire time. Mad respect to you too though, Zwarm, idk why you left early but it must have been for a good reason.

Shout-outs to Sago getting his baby back for one tourney, and proceeding to drop it on its head. Where da time-outs at? :p jk jk

edit: Shout-outs to Grimace for 9th and being SEXIER than all of you.
Hunger said:
Fun tourney. Oro is a beast. Disappointed in the turnout but w/e. I blame ook/akashi/melinda/quik and the rest of IL for that.
I go to every local tourney for the past 2 years (not even exaggerating, MAYBE I've missed 2 or 3), and I didn't see Meneil for over 2 weeks due to xmas break, so that's why we didn't come. Sorry, I promise to come next month to fill your pot. :) /nu-salt

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I had to leave to see a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert for my Music Appreciation class. School > Brawl. Good reason imo. I made sure everything was running okay before I left(even though I kinda killed the 3S bracket plans), and Kyle did a good job finishing the tournament.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
23 Entrants

1)Hunger (138$) - You got first? Good **** here, didn't talk much but hey there is next time.

2)Kain (69$) - You learned as winners went on and you caught onto Marshall, good stuff D3 is gay.

3)The scene of Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis from Black Swan... gave me a boner- Marshall (23$) - lmao at the name, but you got up there again. Gj.

4)Arty - Your right about doubles lol. we don't do too well. Also wtf at me rolling into you again, Roll > Fsmash everytime. :/. Also let me pick Castle Siege plz.

5)Sago - Your the hardest MK I play against, hands down. It's so hard but still I'm getting there slowly.

5)JJ Rockets - I didn't talk much, you seemed quiet but your Diddy is definantly solid.

7)Masho - Dat D3, uggg. I gotta get grabbed less.

7)BPow - Wolf? You did alright with him. Didn't see ya play much but I wanted Link vs Wolf.

9)DtJ Oro - Dat ZSS, so much harder, idk wat do. Her legs are too good.

9)Grimace - Snake, whyz. Still your fun to talk to, good to see you walking around this time. I wanna MM next time to nail down Snake.

9)Legan - "There is nothing but darkness in the black heart of Legan" lol. Also try Marth instead of MK on MK.

9)King - Hiya, shame we didn't play/talk.

13)DLA - Got that swag? Also dat seeding. :(

13)Teh_DC - Nice Falcon, though I didn't play your snake.

13)Spongejordan - Thanks for coming with your GF, made the ride over a lot easier. Plus your a better driver.

13)RedRyu - :lucario:

Drowned in pools

17)Zwarm (left early) - Left early? :< I wanna speed run MM again. This time on my home territory.

17)JohhnyBarbs ? - Hiya.

17)Obliv ? - Hiya.

17)Brad - Nice Yoshi, keep it solid.

21)Patrick - I know Lucas well, Olimar I just was reading you well when you tried to also whistle to the ground.

21)Looshkin - Thanks for showing me waveshines better and tricks with Falco, I'm gonna get serious with Melee thanks for the help.

21)Lil Kwanza ? - Hello there.

~

Scythe - "Furrys have no souls" :(. My heart...

Nicole- Thanks for coming out even if you weren't coming here the whole time, you had a very good Peach and I did better than at Brainshock.

~

Thanks to Oro and Zwarm for hosting again and glad I went to this with Jordan again.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Why are you guys letting Diego win 3rd strike!
To be fair, I was the only one who beat him in pools, and this tournament was pools only because I had to leave and take the setup. I would've won if we had a bracket. ;)

17)Zwarm (left early) - Left early? :< I wanna speed run MM again. This time on my home territory.

Sonic 2? Yeahhhhh.... no thanks. I've only played through that game once, not gonna throw away $10 on it, lol. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Multiplayer mode MM?

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Yo... I would **** SA2B MMs. LOL. Except not really :colorful:

BPx

Smash Lord
errrr, sorry, real shoutouts
so real talk in the morning on saturday i woke up at 8 am and wrote a ton of **** out, its all hilarious but i was ******** at the time. like , so ****ed up you dont even know. with that in mind read these shoutouts. you guys are better than me, i know this

o nd i switch between first and 3rd person a lot i think probably too
How I'm going to win BRAWL(this tournament):

-Understand everything. THE ABILITY to outsmart every person in the venue is the only thing that you need to win a tournament. You have to understand exactly what they can do and apply enough tech skill to choose the most effective option for your situation. This means I have to keep the big picture in mind while I'm playing, if I want to win.

When using Wario, I need to make sure I'm using tires more when its safe to get the bike out. If I can play gimmicky or aggro, I'll throw some of the more 'solid'players off, such as Kain or Sago, who's characters I understand.

When I play against Arty, I need to pick metaknight game one. I'll do this for two reasons. I know my metaknight is worse than my wario, but he IS metaknight. This is a fact. Falco can get uber butt****ed by MK, and even though I don't fully understand how Falco works (yet), I know exactly what I could do to him in 10 seconds that would give me a stock, its just putting him in those risky situations that I'll need to figure out. Also, if I lose with MK, I'll pick Wario. Arty knows the matchup, but if I stay away from him the whole time how is he going to handle it? As long as I can get him to screw up a few times and I make the reads to punish him, I'll be able to win with Wario, as he should live longer, and has fart.

When I play against Kain, I'll need to play safe until I figure out what he's capable of. I think going MK is a good idea the first round. Again, playing safe is very important here. I'll need to be careful, use a lot of ftilt and fair to wall him. he might try to roll behind so SPAMMING my downtilt is a bad idea. If I use that move, I need to use it once, twice if I know it'll work, then stop. Don't forget to go for obvious shuttle loops against Wolf, he is a limited character, obvious shuttle loops are not only obvious, they are correct. Just make I'm canceling them properly, and they should be mostly safe, after all, it is Metaknight, lol. If MK is working, switch Wario only if you think it will throw him off more, or if you think the stage benefits it. Kain is really good at executing, you won't be able to win unless you are more patient than him. He can probably "outplay" me, technically. With Wario I need to do a few reps of the chaingrab then fthrow/uthrow, cause I haven't learned it completely yet. Look for obvious farts on his recovery at appropriate times, another reason this MU is so bad for Wolf. Be wary of his mobility, Wolf is CLOSE to Wario's speed, but not quite there, just zone him like he zones you, and don't get hit by lasers/sideb, he will try to do long ranged damage with them, and wall me with back air. Getting around the back air wall with easy cause I have longer range. To avoid the lasers, I'll need to jump above them and choose good moves to break in, while making sure he isn't going to downsmash me.

When I play against Sago, I need to take advantage of gimmicks. He is a solid player, and is coming from melee. He might be faster than me, I have to realize that. But right now I think I can read him better than he can read me, so if I get tires out to confuse him, and keep him from looking at me, I could hit him more with ****ty Wario. All it takes is a few hits and fart, and I'll be able to win. If I play basic as ****, he probably will beat me barely, so I need to keep it atleast somewhat flashy or weird to keep him from reading me well.

When I play against Hunger, I need to start MK, if I have a game up and he goes somewhere weird, using d3 might not be out of the option. I am going to execute everything perfectly, little screwups will make you lose against Wario, its how the character works, I know, I play him. Hunger will try tire gimmicks, I need to especially watch out for his go to downthrow to tire to fsmash/fart. Hunger is just as fast as I am, I will just figure out what hes doing and stop it without playing fast. If the person you are playing against you is trying to play fast, but you slow down your game to basic punishes, he will find it harder to keep up that movement for a while. If that isn't working, speed back up, and just keep him walled. Its Wario vs. MK, if execution wasn't a question, MK will win the matchup pretty easiliy imo. If I need to, I can ditto him. I should play without grab release, and I will tell him I will. If it comes down to winning an important match or the set, if it comes down to it, I need to grab release to win it. From a money standpoint, you need it more than him, and from a tourney standpoint, I haven't ever won a tournament, it holds more value to me than him, I'll explain that to him. Tell him that you need to win money to go to APEX, and that you'd love to team with him there, its nothing personal. Just don't grab release him mid match, thats ****ing gay, dude. You aren't Blue Rogue. Look for farts too, lol.

When I play against DLA, I need to abuse Metaknight.

When I play against JJ Rockets, I need to overwhelm him with my item game. He plays on wifi, he won't be used to the speed I'm able to use in this matchup. When he starts reading it and playing defensively, I need to back off and camp his *** until I think it will work again. Don't take damage from peanuts. Don't run into his obvious banana traps. Steal a nana(you're good at this), and run around until he is out of position. Consider this WoW arena, you are playing frost mage, waiting for a healer to be in the middle of nagrand. CS his ***, pop cds, nova deepfreeze, and go in. This is the concept of this matchup played correctly.

With MK I need to constantly remember all of my options. I know that he is a broken character because he has a move for movement for every situation. Personally, you tend to forget about shuttle looping, using tornado frequently to wrack damage, back airing to get followups, dimensional caping to recover, spot dodging to avoid moves, sitting in shield to avoid death. Remember everything and your MK will be very hard to beat today.

When I play Se'kou, I need to realize that his trash talk is just another way he wins. He has admitted that he will use trash talk to distract his opponents, and I know its all in good fun. Don't let it get to me and you'll school him, you understand the game more. Camp when you should, don't fall into his nana traps, and watch for his all of nothing spikes, and PUNISH THEM LOLOLOLOL. He will try to go for it. Remember everything he has ever said to you. HE KNOWS YOU'RE BETTER THAN HIM EVEN, AND HAS EVEN ADMITTED IT TO YOU. "Man, you must be better at this game than me, you can play almost EVERY CHARACTER better than I can." Yep, you're right Se'kou, I do. You taught me everything and inspired me. I will carry you in doubles one day, pal :). Don't get mad about him **** talking you, he enjoys winning, its another way he tries to win, its nothing personal, truthfully. He only cares about you, why else would he say these things midgame, he can't actually outplay me ;).

When I play Joker, I need to watch where hes putting mine and c4. I need to watch his tilt range, and where he is throwing grenades. Punish him hard for rolling onto the stage, that is one of his worst habits. Charges fsmashes into him when he is going to airdodge to the ground, this is another bad habit. Snakes like to pull grenades and spotdodge you into taking damage and not them, read this and grab his *** or bite, or CHARGE FSMASH BYAH. Don't get grabbed, and read him to avoid the tech chase, you ain't stupid *****. Also be careful of using any unsafe option you think he will read or be able to punish on reaction. Joker is smart as hell, and is quick too. These are his advantages.

When I talk to NicoleCENSORED
Today if I want to win in real life, I'll make sure the tournament doesn't get in the way of showing you this before you leave, and for bonus points, I'll do it before you HAVE to leave. I have it written, I just have to have the confidence to say, "yo nicole, read this." You've let me read everything you've wrote or been written for the past few months, I can't be ******** enough to not let you see this. I want to win the tournament too, but some things in life are just worth more than the pot. (HOLY **** THAT SENTENCE HAS LIKE A BILLION ****ING MEANINGS, I'M A GENIUS Y).

idk, just sum thoughts

Top Bottom