• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Results: Towards the end of the Darklink era

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles

1: Darklink :metaknight: ($135.00)
2: Silly Kyle :peach: ($67.50)
3: KiraFlax :pit:/:rob: (32.40)
4: k9 :falco: ($21.60)
5: HadesBlade :yoshi2:/:dedede: ($13.50)
6: Darkshifter :metaknight:
7: Stevo :mario2:/:dk2:
7: Yoshiken :yoshi2:
9: Air Vault :marth:
9: Jane :olimar:
9: Gv7 :rob:/:lucario:/:lucas:
9: Anjila :lucario:
13: Tommy :snake:
13: Zenix :marth:
13: Derp:olimar:
13: Prime :wolf:
17: Aaron
17: Aven :ike:
17: Vee :dedede:/:falco:
17: Carn :falco:
------------------------------Pools cut off-----------------------------
21: Fortefreak :toonlink:
21: Avenger: :marth:/:falcon:
21: Fira :pit:
21: Aaron
21: Stuff
26: Zav :wolf:
26: Dikky :rob:
26: Yummy :snake:(Forfeit)

Brawl Doubles

1: I don't know WTF im doing and chris ($46.80)
2: ***** Piece ($23.40)
3: Silly metanight ($7.80)
4: Air is Delicious
5: Double Tounge
5: The quiet ones
7: Huey and Riley
7: Anjila is cheating on kurtis
9: ADIS
9: Fever

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
HadesBlade used King Dedede and Rob used Lucas in one or more of their matches. I can't see any other correction that needs to be made though.

Awesome job everyone! This was a great tourney, though I am still a bit salty that we couldn't do the Soul Calibur tournament because half of the people who said they were 100% sure that they would join ended up coming to me and saying "Sorry, but I only have money for Brawl Singles." Also, I wish we did some sort of crew battle as well.

Hey Rob, those double time out matches were crazy! Sorry if I gloated a bit afterwards. If it makes you feel better, the matches practically gave me permanent heart damage, lol.

Edit: Jane and Angela should win some kind of prize for best team name.

Jane

Smash Hero
very fun tourney! :D

also i'm glad i have a laptop now, because before, watching/playing brawl the entire time took a toll on my eyes and brain.

also quick shoutout to long wongs for being THE BEST WING PLACE EVER.

lol @ ladiesblade. hahahah

and we should win an award, except we didnt think of it. i'm guessing thats either k9 or kiras work. haha

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I played very terribly throughout the tourney, which was super disappointing to me. I felt very good going into the tourney, until halfway through my pool and I had trouble finding/maintaining my mantra. Brawl and Melee really aren't my favorite games right this moment, I'm sort of feeling a little burned out on both right now, I feel like I lack the motivation in a way, but idk. Hopefully this passes before the Tucson tourney. I honestly had more fun playing SC and Tekken than I did Brawl the entire day.

and now to some brief shout outs;

GG's to everyone I played in Pools, Bracket, and friendlies. Extra special GG's to Curtis and Rob for Tekken 4 and SC3 matches, we'll play more Tekken/Soul Calibur in the future. and Rob, I owe you Snake friendlies if you still want them.

Long Won's Wings- you really are the best wing place ever.

jard- come around more

alex- you probably feel terrible after chugging that Super Suicide sauce. This pleases me.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Roller, I used to live here. I came to visit my mom over break.

Also I won 2 games vs stevo with my ddd.

Was really cool to see everyone again. Hopefully I'll be back summer, but no promises yet. I'll let you guys know for sure as soon as I have plans to come back. I might do shoutouts later, but I feel like almost everything I would want to say in shoutouts I already said at the tourney. Except 1...

Stevo - sorry for being a **** and picking penguin. I'm trying to make him into a legitimate secondary though and it would of been silly to stay yoshi after losing game 1. Also not sure if you know this but marth loses to ddd so thats not really a good secondary for the match up.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
Ggs to everyone I played. Special shoutout to Carn; I shoulda taken your # or something bro, we need more practice off each other. Awesome matches.

I just need to work on turning the "almosts" into victories. I am considering trying some different characters. I lack the skills needed to main low tiers.

Have a sweet Christmas & New Year's everybody.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I teamed with Chris.

I would say "ggs everyone" but I really didn't play against anyone outside of teams. Hope everyone had fun though.

:phone:

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Avenger typing,( I registered before I switched my name), this was my first tournament and I had plenty of fun. Yoshiken, our friendly matches were quite enjoyable, and I can't wait to practice and face you again, I almost beat you when you were Samus. Kiraflex, you're a really cool guy and I'm going to take your advice and keep on going to tournaments trying to get better. Oh, and Prime, Zenix carried you hard in doubles.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
The most important thing I learned this tourney is that I am apparently cheating on Kurtis with both Jane and Stevo.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I played Luigi 99% of the tourney, Kira

Long Wong's: too good
Chris: <3
K9: Had a lot of fun with you this tourney. Marth < Luigi all day erry day
Kurtis: You play Tekken? Do you like 6?
Jonny: You and Anjila are awesome partners. Story was good too
Rob: Dunno why I fumed in our matches :ohwell:
Anjila: That Kira pic was sooooo good. You and Jonny are my favorite team
Tommy: Guilty Gear was fun
Prime: Respect for putting your money where your mouth is

Javier: you coming by is probably the main reason I wanted to go
Justin: please come visit :(

Jane

Smash Hero
angelas picture made me realize just how much kira looks like obama. he could pass off as his illegitimate son a la arnold schwarzenegger

oh yeah and get ***** in guilty gear, tommy. i officially declare myself the (smash) king of guilty gear. who gon try and step?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
1: Darklink :metaknight: ($135.00)
Good job winning the tournament! I'm looking forward to our rematch in January.

2: Silly Kyle :peach: ($67.50)
You're almost #1. Go Peach!!

3: KiraFlax :pit:/:rob: (32.40)
I'm so glad I beat you at this tournament.

4: k9 :falco: ($21.60)
I love you!! <3 Keep working on that sexy Falco.

5: HadesBlade :yoshi2: ($13.50)
Wish you would have played higher! I'm sad we didn't get to play singles. Til next time!

6: Darkshifter :metaknight:
Damn, I thought for sure you would get Top 4. You got this next tourney!

7: Stevo :mario2:/:dk2:
Nice seeing you do work at this tournament. Don't let that penguin bother you!

7: Yoshiken :yoshi2:
Loved the time out. Silly Kyle advice is the best. <3

9: Air Vault :marth:
You did really good at this tournament! You've improved a lot and can't wait to see you next time to see how much better you get. Hopefully Mark can come out next time too.

9: Jane :olimar:
You can do better than this. At least you did second best among Tucson, so I give you props for that.

9: Gv7 :rob:/:lucario:
Sorry for rooting against you! But I <3 you.

9: Anjila :lucario:
So glad to see you enter singles again! :) You did really good for being out of practice. Looking forward to a sick Peach tshirt design from you. <3

13: Tommy :snake:
Scrub. Find some passion, bro. Step it up.

13: Zenix :marth:
Come to Tucson sometime soon for some much needed practice! Consider playing wifi too, even if it is laggy sometimes lol.

13: Derp:olimar:
Stick to Olimar? Let's practice soon at my place

13: Prime :wolf:
Lol @ you drinking the Super Suicide sauce.

17: Aaven :ike:
Sucks you had to play me first round!! That Ike is looking nice. Work on your matchups and you will do a lot better.

17: Carn :falco:
It was fun having you at the tournament and I'm glad we got to play in pools. Your Falco has potential :)
------------------------------Pools cut off-----------------------------
21: Fortefreak :toonlink:
Sucks you didn't make it out of pools!! It's ok, we'll get to practice with each other soon. And you owe me wings!! :p I wish you the best in finding a character that fits your needs and playstyle, whether it's playing Diddy instead of TL, or something completely different.

21: Stuff
Sucks you didn't make it out of pools! Hopefully you will also find a character that you like to play who's not as low tier as Jigglypuff.

26: Yummy :snake:(Forfeit)
Sad you had to leave so early, bro! Your Snake was looking nasty in doubles. We gotta toke soon <3

Jar'd: I love you, bro! It was great seeing you at this tournament and good **** winning doubles. Come out more.

Duffy: You're a ***** for not coming. Still <3 you though.

New Players from Flagstaff: It was nice meeting you guys!! Hope you had fun.

MMZJSFMMX10MM

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know the name of the song on the Battlefield stage on Brawl used for the Pools #2 group? I think that game belonged to Zenix as well.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Vee here...

Kyle - I wanted to thank Kyle for the match we had during friendlies. It was cool, even if you did slaughter me lol. You truly are a great player. I would love to face you again someday.

Yummy - Our match was one of my favorites. I really would like to learn more from you if I ever get the chance. Your Snake was impressive. Wish I could of faced it. Diddy is good too.

Prime - Wish we could of had an honest match without interference. It was fun playing you.

Derp - Good match dude. I didn't stand a chance. I dunno how to face Olimar really.

I want to thank everyone I got to face for a good time Brawling. Thanks for showing up and giving me a chance to face you guys, even if I don't leave much of an impression lol.

To those that run the tournament events - Sorry, I won't be joining you guys again. I had fun during some parts of the event. But I'm not sure I care for how the events are run. The conduct of K9 was atrocious during the event. He had interfered with 3 different matchups of mine, serving as a nuisance and distraction. Even after politely asking him several times to give me some space or not interfere he wouldn't respect that. I admittedly lost my rounds during his interference (one of which I forcefully double-suicided in round one because of his interference simply to end the round) however, I cannot help but hold him partially responsible for my losses. I wanted clean, honest matches. I wanted my opponents to defeat me at my best, not to take me down while I'm distracted and upset to a disrespectful player who insisted on interfering with several of my matchups. Unfortunately, reporting it the other tournament players running the event didn't really help, I saw nothing done.

Thanks guys, was fun.

k9.

Smash Ace
K9 is getting better, but he is still is not legit until he watches golden boy

Edit: This tournament was stacked
Thank you chris, im going to watch it this weekend.

@Vee Ok first of all i would like to say sorry if i was messing up your play style, while your in a match, however you can't stop me from being me. Honestly i wanted to punch you in the face, and it was because you were saying polite things in a ****ish voice. lol

But overall i like to see new people so i hope you come back, if you need any falco tips let meh know.

Otherwise i had way to much fun at this tourney! Everyone please don't stop Getting better! LOVE YOU NEGROS

Jar'd

Smash Ace
LOL. Telling someone you want to sock them is a real good way to get people to come back.

But honestly, if it was anything short of physical disturbance (ie waving hands across the screen or swine fluing someone while they play), it's just a standard of competition. Sure, Shawn is dumb as hell for not listening, but look at him, he can only think so much (:D). It sucks, but ultimate concentration is just a skill that is developed like any other in smash, or anything else.

Maybe you'll come back, or maybe my post just made you totally confident in your decision to not return, in which case I'm sorry.

:phone:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
To those that run the tournament events - Sorry, I won't be joining you guys again. I had fun during some parts of the event. But I'm not sure I care for how the events are run. The conduct of K9 was atrocious during the event. He had interfered with 3 different matchups of mine, serving as a nuisance and distraction. Even after politely asking him several times to give me some space or not interfere he wouldn't respect that. I admittedly lost my rounds during his interference (one of which I forcefully double-suicided in round one because of his interference simply to end the round) however, I cannot help but hold him partially responsible for my losses. I wanted clean, honest matches. I wanted my opponents to defeat me at my best, not to take me down while I'm distracted and upset to a disrespectful player who insisted on interfering with several of my matchups. Unfortunately, reporting it the other tournament players running the event didn't really help, I saw nothing done.

Thanks guys, was fun.
You should come back, while K9 heckling you or whatever seemed annoying or whatever, it's a given with getting into any game, really, at a competitive level. People will try to distract you/root for their friend/ talk trash, it's not really a big deal as long as you know how to handle it. It's literally a skill to learn, it's something that needs to be practiced that really only becomes necessary in tournement. In that sense, consider another aspect of the game to practice (Like a new technique or something) and consider coming back.

With that said, hope to see you next tourney (I wasn't at this one.) I'll root for you =)

k9.

Smash Ace
@vee Ok first of all i didn't do anything wrong.

You thinking i was distracting your mental ability to compete at your best, is just a false mind set.

What are you going to do when your at a regional/national and everyone is screaming, are you going to ask them to be quite while you play?

@Jard I did stop when he asked me lol he is really over reacting but its whatever.

This playing to win book is really amazing. Thank you for lending it to me!

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
If he's already made his decision to not come back, then you don't need to keep defending yourself. Case closed

Zenix

Smash Rookie
if vee is saying he is swinging his arms over the screen and being disburbing than he is just overreacting cause I was standing right next to K9, he was just doing what he always does at tournaments, and what everybody else does at tournaments when it gets hype. haha

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
@vee my match against yoshicant i dont think i had 1 person rooting for me at all hahaha. it was a crazy set and there was alot of yelling and screaming but i still tried my best to focus and win. you just need more tournament experience to realize the atmosphere of competitive play

i will learn and work on the matchup. (kurtis saw yesterday in friendlies :p)

*****s will be *****s :p

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
By the way good stuff Silly Kyle, I was kinda salty when I played you first round because I wanted to make it further into winner's bracket, darn you. :p I wish I could play you in friendlies to learn the MU better.

Shawn, Ike dittos ASAP I can't believe I had to leave after we played. >:p

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Moving your arms in front of, and leaning in front of the TV is physically intervening. K9 doesn't believe he did anything wrong, so let him have what he wants. Ignore the fact that one of my tournament matches first rounds had to be restarted 4 times due to his interference...

Hard to believe trying to be polite would make someone want to punch ya. Bit violent, aren't we? Yeah, atmosphere there had turned very unwelcoming. And seeing people's reactions here has more than confirmed it. I won't be a bother again, so no worries. I like brawling with people who actually want to Brawl with me.

Have fun at your next tournament guys.

Top Bottom