• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Results: Towards the end of the Darklink era

k9.

Smash Ace
@vee if you really have a passion for this game one thing wont stop you from playing, that is all im going to say.

@Aaven ***** my ike haha text me and we will play wi fi or something.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I think that while it is Vee's job in some cases to get over the things that may change your mindset and how you play and the such, that there are lines to everything. I wouldn't know obviously because I wasn't there but when you blur the lines of what's acceptable and what's not, you just make yourself look like a big ******* who wants his cake and to eat it too.

As said I wasn't there and wouldn't know particularly but you just come off like a **** to others when you do things like that even if you don't intend it that way(see: lines blurred). I also don't think it's nice or cool to do it to people in their first tournament time around, let them get used to just playing in tournament and adjusting to things IN the game before yelling and **** and making them get used to things OUTSIDE the game.

Just what I think. Peace.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
fff everyone at this tourny. i hate you all, go die in a river.

with that being said, merry christmas, happy holidays to all my favorite people :) mostly myself.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I Dont understand what you has to be sooooooooo upset about Vee. The match where K9 somehow made you suicide twice was a pools match and he was also able to make it out of pools and didnt you win that set anyways vee? I would like to keep seeing you come back because all of us including myself see this as not a big thing to have you leave over. the conduct you have experienced here is not disrespectful it is just a combination of multiple rushes of excitement. You must expect this vee when you sign up for a tourney for now on. If this type of behavior is something you dislike and dont want to be around then Competitive Tournament play is not your type of enviornment for this or any other game, besides golf.
Vee if you change your mind and come back we will greet you with open arms. No hard feelings your always welcome here. It was nice talking with you there and I hope you will come back sometime.

From my analysis

Vee is just a person who attributes his failures and mistakes to external variables as opposed to internal variables and in the case of this tournament chose to use normal tournament hype as that respective variable. I am sure he does this is most situations, which is a very unhealthy mindset.

In other words, stop being a ***** in life and learn to overcome obstacles and blame yourself.

But I digress, it's not my life so have a good one chap.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Vee: Moving your arms in front of, and leaning in front of the TV is physically intervening.
To everyone who says he needs to get over it, the interruption was not mental, it was physical according to him.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Blood Falcon - I was the one playing Snake, Falco and DDD.

K9 - Like lay off dude. You didn't make things pleasant in the tournament. No one else in the event had your behavior. I didn't travel 800 miles to brawl with you guys with expectations of winning. That's absurd. I knew full well I wouldn't win in the tournament. How ridiculous of you to make that assumption. I don't "blame my failure" on anything. I knew full well I was going to lose in the tournament before I made the trip out there and joined. Know what? I'm done talking to you, all ya do is rip on me anyway.

Anyway, thanks guys who stuck up for me. Everyone (except k9) was awesome at the tournament. Wish we had more time for friendlies to get some more matches in. I'm looking into what it would take to try to start up a local league group thing up here in North West AZ. If we ever manage to get a local group into regular events and stuff, I'd love to be able to brawl some of you guys again sometime if you happen to be passing through sometime. My town is seriously on the way to Vegas for most AZ drivers.

Jane

Smash Hero
I'm looking into what it would take to try to start up a local league group thing up here in North West AZ. If we ever manage to get a local group into regular events and stuff, I'd love to be able to brawl some of you guys again sometime if you happen to be passing through sometime. My town is seriously on the way to Vegas for most AZ drivers.
that would be dope. not only would az smash grow but it would also encourage closer relations with vegas smash, which would of course be great/

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Lol I'm actually going to a vegas tourney today. So far everyone I've talked to has been extremely helpful in helping me make it to the tourney by helping with housing and such.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Is that right Jane? Glad someone thinks it's a good idea. Would anyone be willing to drive out that far for some local game events held out here?

Anyway, I would have to do some research to find out what all you have to do to be "Legit" ya know? Like, follow the unity rule set and all that. Gotta find out what all there is to it.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I think the only thing you need Unity for is to allow your results to be regarded by this site's national ranking system, which probably isn't on the top of anyone's priorities list but a few of our power ranked players.

Unity is fairly widely accepted though and is recommended if you want to draw players to an event.
But ultimately, rules are a TO's decision

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Nah people were talking about going to vegas tournies so I thought I'd mention it. They almost all use aib over smashboards and have a very unique way of running tournaments, so be sure to read the aib thread over if you guys do attend a tournament.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any beefs with Unity besides the one point that Smiley covered. Not having suicides win the match for a character is downright ridiculous, especially since the only characters that can perform the suicide techniques aren't even very high to begin with, and so you are making them even less viable.

Everything else about the Unity I totally approve of though.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Unity may say that, but we've accepted 'suicide-intiator wins' before and we still can/should

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
It's Towards the End... it's not quite over y'all!! Get ready for the next tourney, *****es. Peach is coming for dat #1 spot <3

Saffy

Smash Ace
Oh wow such a big turn-out.
I miss you guys!

I'm coming back in March I think. GET READY FOR ME. Can't wait to see you and play you all and meet all the new people to the scene. I bet everyone got much better in the past 19 months :].

Top Bottom