• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OUGA Presents: How the Midwest Was Won. Ultimate Falcon Tourny STREAM NOW LIVE

TheKiest

Smash Champion
HOW THE MIDWEST WAS WON

OUGA’s the new T.O. sheriff around these parts​

EVENTS​

MAIN EVENTS:
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
SIDE EVENTS
(May get promoted to Main event if enough people enter)
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Special Events
Ultimate Falcon Championship
NeedZ Moar Meta-knight
Ultimate Zangief Championship
Secret Event
Mystery Event (Not a video game)​

58 E Green Drive Athens Ohio 45701
The Blue Circle is where this address is.
The Green Circle is where the venue is and does not have a real address that GPSs can find.
The Red Circle is where you can park.

FEES
$5 Venue FeeWaivered if you
Bring a FULL setup
Bring an Ohio University ID
10$ per Main event (Doubles is 10$ per person)
5$ for Side Events (Doubles is 5$ per person)
Special Events
1$ for NMMK and Secret Event
UFC, UZC, and Mystery Event are FREE!

Rewards
MAIN EVENTS
$50 Pot Bonus
44%
28%
14%
8%
4%
4%

Main Event Teams
55%
30%
15%

Side Events
$10 Pot Bonus
60%
30%
10%
5$

SPECIAL EVENTS
(If money is involved)
80%
20%
Money Back
Otherwise, prizes to the top 3. To be revealed on the tournament day

Schedule
FRIDAY
08:00 PM - Doors open
09:00 PM - UFC
10:30 PM - Secret Event
12:00 AM - Mystery Event
04:00 AM - Doors Close

SATURDAY
10:30 AM - Wake up
11:00 AM - Doors Open
11:30 AM - Registration
12:00 AM - Registration Closes
12:30 AM - Brawl Doubles
01:00 PM - Street Fighter IV
01:30 PM - Melee Doubles
02:30 PM - Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
03:00 PM - Brawl Pools
04:30 PM - Melee Pools
06:30 PM - UZC
07:00 PM - Brawl Singles
07:00 PM - Melee Singles
08:30 PM - NMMK
04:00 AM - Doors Close

SUNDAY
10:00 AM - Wake up
12:00 PM - OUGA Midweek/Friendlies - All are welcome to join!

PREREGISTERATION LINK HERE

General Rules
Bring your own Controller/Stick!!!! If you do not own a controller/stick, please make arrangements to borrow one. The T.O. will NOT be handing out controllers for this event.

Keister’s Venue Policy - If you are still in an event, you cannot leave the venue unless:
-You have asked TheKiest, not an assistant, and I said “Yes”
-Emergency Reasons to be explained by someone else that would prevent you from competing.
Consider yourself disqualified if you do so.

Keister’s Food Policy - If you are still in an event, 10 minutes will be given to finish food. DO NOT LEAVE TO GET FOOD WHILE YOU ARE IN A MATCH. Most places deliver Food here. If you are hungry, then:
-Have someone else get food for you.
-Order Food.
-Wait until you are no longer in an event.
If you are still in an event when your food arrives, 10 minutes will be given to finish food. Then matches must continue.

Keister’s Smoke Policy – 15 minutes for every hour PLAYED. Let TheKiest know when this break is happening. Non-smokers already get this indirectly due to proper scheduling and not wasting time smoking. Naturally, if you are not in anymore events then you can smoke as long as your wallet lets you.

Keister’s Money Match Policy – No Money Matches can take place while both players are still in a bracket (Even if it’s for a different game). However a Money Match can take place during a bracket match if both players wish to. In which case, results still go towards the bracket and the match must be done in bracket format. FOR EXAMPLE: Player A wanted to money match Player B and it turns out Player A will fight Player B during bracket, then Player A and B may agree to make that match be the money match. If a player starts a money match while that player is called for a bracket match, the late to match policy will begin.

Keister’s Late Policy – If you are called for a match, then you have 5 minutes to get there. If you are late, then the first round/stock goes to the opponent. Each additional 5 minutes is another stock/round. This does not apply if you are already playing in a different event.

Keister’s Brawl Policy – Any player in Brawl Bracket cannot enter any Saturday Special Events until completely eliminated. Any player in Brawl Singles can only enter 2 Side events, unless that player is already eliminated.

In exchange for following these rules, you’ll have the best time ever in this event. I try my best to schedule matches so players get breaks, but becomes more difficult to do so when multiple events are involved.
Specific Event Rules are below.

General Format
All Main events (Besides Teams) will either have:
Pools to eliminate ½ to ¾ of the total entrants to bracket.
Triple Elimination Bracket.

All other events besides Mystery event will be Double Elimination Bracket.

Main and Side Event Games will be best of three (First to 2), with Winner Finals, Loser Finals, and Grand Finals being best of 5 (First to 3).
Special Event Games will be best of three (First to 2), with Grand Finals being best of 5 (First to 3).

Pools and Bracket will be seeded in this priority:
Skill
Car Group
City
State
Pool’s Group (If applies)
Previous Tournament Fight (If possible)
Pot Bonuses for all games.

Specific Game Rules

Smash Bros Brawl
Unity Ruleset
However, since MK is now banned. This seems like to perfect time to try out some of those "pesky stages" again. Stay tuned!

Smash Bros Melee
MBR Ruleset

Super Street Fighter IV: AE v2012
Winner must stay Character, but may change Ultra

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Winner must stay characters, but may change order and assist types.

Ultimate Falcon Championship
Falcon Only
Items Off
STAGE LIST
Neutral (On Random)
Battlefield
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
COUNTER PICK
ALL EXCEPT FOR
75 Meter
Mario Bros.
Rumble Falls
Flat Zone 2

Needz Moar Meta Knight
Meta Knight Only
All Items on High
All Stages on Random

Ultimate Zangief Championship
Zangief only
Players and Spectators must do Zangief's Victory pose after every match. (Or get SPDed)

Secret Event
Game will not be revealed until Registration is closed

Mystery Event
Is not a video game
Is something anyone can do, even a 3 year old.​

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
21+ or did you find a new venue?
Ladiesblades, this one's hosted in Athens, Ohio at Ohio University which is typically where OUGA events have been hosted. Essentially, we kinda take up an entire floor of a hall where you play matches, chill and etc. You also have the ability to sleep at said venue, pretty much eliminating having to look for housing. It's pree great. Awesome food places on Campus, too.

M@v

Subarashii!
This is literally on my first day of Spring break. If I could get some housing, I might be able to do this. It would be much easier for me to make if brawl didn't start until saturday, but I may be able to manage if it starts friday.

Cameronpiqua1

Smash Rookie
I need a ride. Ill put as much as u need in a gas tank if someone picks me up :/

I live in Beavercreek Ohio

If you would like to contact me my number is 937-321-1693

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Will update OP with rules and stuff later today.

Housing is FREE ALL WEEKEND!!!

Though sleeping gear is very recommended (blankets/pillows/sleeping bags/air mattresses)

Triple elimination is something I whipped up during hours at work. It's made under the assumption that you have 3 lives (Double elim, you have 2). Instead of Winner bracket and Loser Bracket there is... Earth Bracket, Heaven Bracket, Hell Bracket. Everyone starts in "Purgatory" Round 1 Bracket then those with 3 lives remaining go to Heaven Bracket, those with 2 lives go to Earth Bracket. After that, those with 1 life go to Hell bracket and so on.

It actually works surprisingly well. But it really depends on amount of entrants a systems.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, M@v. There's absolutely housing for the entire weekend. The venue (college hall --- genius, right?) also serves as housing, but you do want to bring your own stuff to sleep in. Showers and stuff are prob gonna be people going to-and-fro their dorms, so that should be fine. If I was still in Athens, I would offer that commodity, but we're both traveling for this, lol.

It's gonna be a grand 'ol time.

M@v

Subarashii!
As long as there are showers, I'm fine with bringing a sleeping bag. I don't want another COT5 where the venue smells like a heaping pile of ****. It offered housing overnight, but in a mall with no showers in sight. It got bad in there.

steep

Smash Lord
I would like to come to this for sure. I will have to check how long of a drive it would be though.

inb4butyoudrove12hourstoapex

D

Deleted member

@Mav, Brawl doesn't start until Saturday. Friday evening is usually filled with a ton of side events, so I recommend you try to make it by then, anyway. :)

This is gonna be a big one.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Showers are TDB, but doubtful since it depends on other people letting in a possible group of 20 to nearby dorms.

Luckily this venue is quite large and opened space so stench isn't THAT big of a problem. Bring febreeze.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ah, Brawl starts Saturday. This will make things much easier for me :) Who knows maybe I'll try to get there Friday, but more likely than not except me there Saturday morning, and staying into Sunday. Would be the most plausible for me.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm a baddie though, Carroll. These are mostly for funsies and practice/training.

If you do want to do Marth vs Fox, I will, however.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
It's been so long... the Huber Crew may see some representation at this... :)

same here. me cam and possibly one other person wanna go we just need a ride there >_<
If I can work things out so I can go, and you're willing to pay gas, I could probably get you there. My crew is in Huber Heights, north of Dayton. PM me, one of you.

Top Bottom