• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XII January Results

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316136
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash
AllIsBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12938

Melee Doubles: (bracket)
1: El Neopolitan Diablo (Zivilyn Bane + Zantetsu) ($21.00)
2: Meta Knight (Yes! + Strong Bad) ($9.00)
3: Navneet's Mom (King Siegfried + Bill Cosby)
4: Brawl Pros (Terry + Carl)
5: Wretched Sucks (Wretched + Terral)

Melee Singles: (bracket)
1: Strong Bad ($30.00) (DK)
2: King Siegfried ($15.00) (Peach)
3: Zantetsu ($5.00) (Fox)
4: Zivilyn Bane (Spacies)
5: Yes! (Fox)
5: Terry (Sheik)
7: Terral (Pika/Marth)
7: Carl (Sheik/Falco)
9: Ugvts (Ganon)
9: Bill Cosby (Samus)

Brawl Doubles: (bracket)
1: Ziv and Roman Cheated (Yes! + Linkz) (Snake + Zelda)
2: Nights (ICE + BZA) (Diddy + ROB)
3: Lost Alex (Lost + xZeroLegend) (Ike + Marth)
4: Sandshrew (Terral + Ugvts) (Pika + Pokemon Trainer)
5: First Place (Zivilyn Bane + Terry) (Peach + Peach)

Brawl Singles: (bracket)
1: Yes! ($12.00 - split for $9 + $1 bonus) (Snake/Wolf/Wario/Fox/Falcon)
2: Linkz ($6.00 - split for $9 + $1 bonus) (Zelda)
3: xZeroLegend ($2.00) (Marth/Cyananwatch)
4: Terral (Olimar/Pika/ROB/Sheik)
5: Strong Bad (Pika)
5: Ugvts (Pokemon Trainer/DK/Lucas)
7: BZA (Diddy/G&W)
7: ICE (ROB)
9: Lost (Ike)
9: Terry (Peach)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I didn't use Fox at all in Singles.

Ziv used Falco & Fox against me.

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Just to be clear, the team name that I played with Bill Cosby on was spelled "Navneet's Mom." Just for clarification.

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts time.

Terral - you ran this thing really well. I could tell you're a cool and considerate guy. I'm a little sad we somehow didn't friendly each other..

Terry - loved teaming with you man, I thought we did pretty well when I wasn't running off the stage with 0% cuz I thought I was you. lol, and loved the sheik dittos too. You're good at this game.

Zantetsu - good Foxes pretty much paralyze you and that's what you did to me. I was fortunate to only get two-stocked by you. Solid tech skill brah.

King S. - you're a fun person. I enjoyed playing your Peach and seeing you adapt and learn from your mistakes and fight back a smile after winning an intense set. (What I'm saying is just let the grinning flow out like wine my friend.) I think you would've won GF if you counterpicked Big Blue but I understand it's a risky move....

Strong Bad - thanks for the friendlies and tips bro, now I know all about boost grabs lol. But seriously it was helpful and it's cool when good players help out okay ones. Hope to play you again sometime since we're like 20 min away from each other (although not sure how much I'll be playing in the future). oh and you won the tournament. Go DK.

Yes! - you're a chill guy, easy to talk to. Enjoyed the Chipotle outing. We didn't get to play in singles but maybe one day. Get some sleep. :p

Ziv - I already told you this but even if you don't get better at smash you've got the community around you that loves you. You're a good guy and I definitely appreciated how you asked me questions and conversed with me when I got there (since I didn't know anyone). Your Marth is mean and excellent btw.

Bill Cosby - I could tell that you progressed even while we were playing our set. And I like how you played my two favorite games while you were there (melee and pokemon). Keep up the crouch cancelling, that worked wonders for you. Oh and the color changing mind games, haha.

Ugvts - I enjoyed our melee set where we were chuckling half the time. It was a close one man. You're a smart player and you don't need L-cancelling and all that bogus stuff to be good. :p

Wretched (Richard.... lol) - didn't play you in singles but love the sense of humor bro. Keep that up, it keeps tournaments light and fun like they should be imo.

I obviously care more about encouraging people than the actual game lol. Thanks everyone for being welcoming. This is a good community. I feel like I won't be playing a lot of smash now but I might see yall again. (come to KC!)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Can somebody tell me how to find the bracket for the tourney in the allisbrawl link.

Also wassup Crawlshots
We have to wait for the AllIsBrawl midwest person to confirm the tournament results, then they'll be processed and the brackets will be viewable.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
I'm just uploading the videos in backwards order and I'm not sure who's playing who

Bill_Cosby

Smash Rookie
I had a great time learning how matches are played in a tournament setting, and meeting a bunch of enthusiastic melee players. I got a bunch of good pointers and I'll try to work on my changing colors mind games technique. Hopefully now Seig won't have to sandbag as much during our friendlies.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Whoa Bill Cosby? He hasn't been out to a tournament since the 80s!

Good stuff in teams Springfieldians, and good stuff in singles Rolla... Rollaite...... people from the city of Rolla!

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
why doesn't young wretched ever do singles?
I am always aware of who I can and cannot beat, especially under pressure, so I am not going to start entering singles until I get better, which I am working on.
Basically I don't like playing under pressure.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You get used to pressure from entering tournaments dork. <3

And yeah, strongbad, Roller's right. You should quit melee to make money at Brawl :awesome:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
No like I know how I play under pressure, and I don't like it because I don't like where I am skillwise right now.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Of course you don't like where you are skillwise, you suck!

I'm jk :) If you ever get a setup I'll try to play you sometime so you get better.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I know, I know. You were right. :)
But he'll be proven wrong once again next weekend.

I'm coming at you... bro...

And, technically he didn't have it "next time" because the next time we faced in bracket, I sent him to losers. The time after that is when he beat me. /Sorebutthurttecnicalloser

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol i did strongbad even play back then?
bro I was death comboing mango back in those days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAhQfVHaQtQ#t=1m57s

Shoutouts:

Wretched - Thanks for housing me Friday!
Linkz- thanks for giving me a ride and GGs in Brawl.

King Siegfried - Congrats on 2nd and beating Zantetsu! GGs in GFs, sorry I was kinda sandbagging but it was fun regardless. I knew if I lost a set I could always go Sheik haha. <3
Zantetsu - GGs. Rematch next weekend >:)
Zivilyn Bane - Why no Marth? :/ GGs. Hope you come to Rolla next weekend! If not it was great to see ya.
Yes! - Good stuffs in Doubles and almost beating King Siegfried. If you just practiced a bit you'd be a lot better. And don't worry about not winning doubles; it was fun and that's all that really matters. See ya next weekend =D
Terry - you suck
Terral - GGs. Your Pika's got some potential; you made some pretty good decisions in our set. Thanks for hosting!
crawlshots - you're not too bad. I'd suggest going to Massive's smashfests up in northern KC. check the KC thread for more info.
Ugvts - Thanks for recording vids again. :)

Zant & Ziv I think you guys didn't play as well as you normally do at this tourney. Not quite sure why. It might be just because I grew a bunch of levels at APEX from playing a bunch of high level players and Captain Jack. I also think I was playing very well at this tournament, but I think I'm also more consistent now than I was last pathways. GGs to everyone I played. One more thing:

It's kind of upsetting when I travel 2 hrs and a lot of your players don't even enter. When almost half of the entrants aren't from Springfield, something's up. I understand that money doesn't grow on trees and it can be depressing to go 2 and out at a tournament. I totally understand. I was there for over 3 years. The first time I ever made any money in singles was October Pathways. But the best way to improve is to get experience under tournament pressure if you do care about improving. If you're annoyed with how few tourney sets you get then I'd suggest to Terral that you run pools for seeding and then a bracket. You get more experience and games in that way, and since it's a local it shouldn't really be strapped for time.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lol at Cookie.

Lol at Wretched.

StrongBad, we didn't do as good at this tourney because I am horrible and don't get better. That's why I get fourth place at every Pathways.

:phone:

Top Bottom