• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THC2: Tuk-House Challenge TBD

Address:

15815 53rd Ave S
Tukwila, WA 98188

Parking:

If there is room up our driveway, feel free to park up there. Otherwise there is a park nearby at which you can park. To get there, keep going up the hill we live on (we're on the bottom) and take the first right. It's right there.

Venue:

The venue is a house which belong to me, ThePrime, Spartamus and our other homie. So be respectful and clean up after yourselves! =)

RULES:

Start Time:

Register at 11:00am, starts at noon.

Entry Fee:

1v1 - $10.00 per person
2v2 - $5.00 per Person
Crew battle/Side tournament - $5.00 per person

Prizes:

1v1: 60%, 30%, 10%
1v1 (24+ entrants) 50%, 25%, 15%, 10%
2v2: 60%, 30%, 10%
Crew Battle: Winning team gets $10 per person

Super Smash Brothers Melee
General Rules and Regulations:

1. During scheduled warm-up periods the winner stays and the loser must sit out if there is a rotation.

2. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted and the players will self destruct accordingly to replicate former stock count. Percent will be at 0.

3. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion. This won't happen unless you're hitting people or something lol.

4. Any sign of cheating will result in an automatic forfeit. But who cheats? This does not count paying Shane to yell at your opponent.

Controllers:

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller. (BYOC)

2. Modded shoulder buttons are allowed, turbo buttons are not. (Though they don't seem like they'd be very helpful lol)

Tournament Rules:

1. Everyone starts in a Double Elimination Bracket.

2. All matches are best of 3 except for the Finals (best of 5).

3. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.

4. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.

5. Items will be turned off of course.

Stages & Character Select:

1. The first round stage is selected by stage striking, which works like this: Rock paper scissors for who gets to pick first or just choose between the two of you. Whoever strikes first chooses one stage they do not want to play on in round 1. The other player then chooses 2 stages they do not wish to play in round one. From there each player chooses 1 stage until only one stage is left. You then have to play the stage you are left with. You can also agree upon a stage.

2. Stages to Strike:

-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story
-Dream Land 64
-Fountain of Dreams

3. Legal Counter-Pick Stages:

-Pokemon Stadium
-Kongo Jungle 64

4. All other stages are BANNED and cannot be played in the tournament; however, any stage can be played as long as both players agree on it.

5. You may not counter the last stage that you won on.

6. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.

7. Double-Blind Pick - At the beginning of a set, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

Additional Rules for 2v2:

1. Team Attack will be on.

2. Life stealing is allowed.

Other Rules & Special Issues:

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game. Unless the other player(s) doesn't mind.

2. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Match Format:

1. Each player chooses a seat and controller port. If both players want the same controller port, a coin flip will determine the winner of the port. The loser may then choose whichever seat he wants.

2. Players then choose their character and have 30 seconds to do so. If any player does not select their character at the end of 30 seconds or if any player calls for it, a double blind pick will be used. (A double blind pick is when you both tell someone else who your character is so you don't try to counter each other. Once your opponent chooses their character you can not change.

3. Once characters have been selected, you will initiate stage striking. (See "Stages and Character Select 1.")

4. Players play their first match.

5. Once they have returned to the character select screen, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.

6. If the winning player wins again, he wins the set (unless it is finals) and must report the score to a judge. If the losing player from the previous match wins, repeat #5 (above) and play the third match. Winner of the third match must report the score to a judge.

C!Z

Smash Lord
It really should be if there's 24 or more. 4th place is a unshared position. It was always payed out to 4th at GC. GC guy was actually curious why it wasn't, but he doesn't care enough. Pretty much everyone else is in agreeance with this. So that's how it will be at GC, but I guess I can't speak for your house tourneys.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
The house tournies should pay to 4th imo if we have enough people consistently coming. If we get at least 24 people at each tourney then we should give a payout to 4th. The way I see it is that it's money by the people for the people. We don't pay a venue fee like we do at gc. We're not asking for extra money for any kind of upkeep like gc does (with bills, etc, it being an actual business too lol).

I say a 50/25/15/10 split
or a 55/25/15/5
idk

If we pay to 4th and not include any venue fee, those two reasons alone might make this tourney series more attractive (compared to gc) to newcomers or people who are already part of the scene. Just from a money perspective that is. Cuz let's face it, it does suck for people down south to have to come to gc. They pay extra gas, a venue fee, plus have to leave somewhat earlier (aka they miss grandfinals) just because of their inconvenient location.

But this is the tuk-house. Not only is this a better location for most people but only dropping a $10 for a tourney that pays to 4th sounds pretty ****ing filhty tight to me. Given that the tourney hits that threshold of 24 people, otherwise paying to 4th isn't worth it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I like the first split ftr. with 24 people that's a profit of 14 dollars, not much but its something. out placing 20 ppl, less than a dollar a set in terms of profit.

:phone:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
YEEEUUUUUP

Tuk-house best tourney

Spend an hour ordering pizza, that's what's up.

Sa da tay *****

This happenin next month?

results

1. Silent Wolf
2. BladeWise
3. Toph
4. Vish
5. C!Z
5. T-Iceman
7. Krynxe
7. Spartamus
9. Masta C
9. Zeru
9. Mattnumbers
9. Jerry Thompson
13. Andrew bfa
13. KA0STAR

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Ooooh snap, I'm feeling the filth

My controller is still broken though. I'll see if I can make it anyways, but idk

my controller broke at gc and im gonna be there. no johns.

whats wrong with it? ive got a triwing and some parts if you need them

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
The analogue on the R button is broken, it randomly stays held when I'm not pushing the r button. I'll try to replace the spring today and see if it works or something.

The analogue on the R button is broken, it randomly stays held when I'm not pushing the r button. I'll try to replace the spring today and see if it works or something.
I've had that happen to me 2 or 3 times. You prob need to replace the rubber pad inside like I had to each time. Just bring it next time I see you and let me know to have my triwing
and an exra pad thing

:phone:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Okay. I always bring a triwing with me too.

Thanks.

And Ciz, I don't have an income and I spent like all my money. xP

Ooklah

Smash Rookie
any one coming from Port Orchard? I just moved to the area and I am trying to find all of the smash players :D hit me up 302-258-4227

Touk

Smash Journeyman
any one coming from Port Orchard? I just moved to the area and I am trying to find all of the smash players :D hit me up 302-258-4227
I live in PO/Bremerton, I only play melee though. There are 1-2 other people in the area that are pretty decent, send me a PM and we can maybe set up a carpool to this.

I live in PO/Bremerton, I only play melee though. There are 1-2 other people in the area that are pretty decent, send me a PM and we can maybe set up a carpool to this.
sup touk, wasnt sure if you guys still played. you should all attend gameclucks on june 2nd. everyones prob gonna be there. its at a different location in lynnwood now btw, touk

edit: touk: also you and those guys should join the facebook melee gruop if you havent already. we do most of our communicating there now

http://www.facebook.com/groups/245900615456533/

Top Bottom