• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinkie Pie Presents: Rainbow Dash Dance and Revolution by Denti - DFW

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Rainbow Dash Dance - Bringing Melee back to DFW!

LIVESTREAM:http://www.twitch.tv/garsh0p

New venue means I get to choose even gayer names for my tournies :) Rulesets are about the same as the Pinkie Pie Production series.

UPDATE: We my be using the Swiss matchmaking format (read the Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament) if we have enough setups and if I arbitrarily decide to.

Please Note:
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Try not to curse.
This tourney starts earlier because we need to leave venue by 9PM, so I'll be running this baby on time.
There will also be a Brawl event hosted by Denti. REVOLUTION thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318393
Energy drinks available on site, bring a couple extra bucks so you can caffeinated out.

When: starts 11AM Saturday, April 21st.

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Melee Singles and Doubles
If we have enough entrants, we will do pools and also have a novice bracket.

My cell: 817-901-8230
Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588

Schedule:
11:00AM Doubles registration and friendlies
12:00PM Doubles start
2:30PM Singles registration
3:00PM Singles Start

Setups: Bring them. FREE VENUE if you bring a full setup that we use for the tourney.

Entry Fee:
Venue: $5 (free if you bring a setup)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $5 per person

Payout:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal
5. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
6. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
7. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
8. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
9. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
o Whoever has more remaining stock left.
o If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
10. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by whichever team has more remaining stock.
4. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

Singles Stage List
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Battlefield

Singles Counterpick Stages
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Doubles Stage List
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Battlefield

Doubles Counterpick stages
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise

Other Rules

1. The TO is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload to the internet. If you have a problem with your video being uploaded, notify the TO asap.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Who the heck cares what you name your tourney?? I like it because I think it's super cute. If you have issues, that's your own personal problem.

Store link here if you can't google it: http://www.fxvideogameexchange.com/FX_GAME_EXCHANGE/HOME.html

Not sure about square footage, but UTDZac has hosted 60 man 40 man tournies there before. This venue shold be much larger than my previous one.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
thanks zac

thanks for being useless emily.

keep up the good work, try to put as little effort as possible into creativity and going above and beyond as usual. hopefully the random forced gay name will overshadow the tournament itself.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Bluezaft you can't possibly be taking him seriously. He's from Houston man. Nuff said lol.

:phone:

DualCats

Smash Ace
Tentatively planning to show up and drag the rest of the remaining OK melee scene with me. Crews?

DualCats

Smash Ace
I hope so but I haven't talked to him yet. Last time we spoke, however, he seemed interested in finding some tournaments and this one is too close to john about.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
so many tournaments going on....................

too good of an opportunity to miss...............

need a panel.............................................

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is Austin going down the same weekend? ****

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yay

I come to this either way because of Kos-Mos

DualCats

Smash Ace
Come to Austin instead, it will have substantially more people and a wider range of skill.
I'm willing to do both, but it's not realistic until I have a full car. This tournament is just a lot easier to get to and back from in one day. I don't want to take multiple days off work and I'm sure the rest of us feel the same way.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I actually ran into Kosmos at the Houston tournament last weekend and talked with him a lot, he said he'd be up for the occasional Dallas tournament. :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YES
MORE KOS-MOS IN MY LIFE

I need it

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
i told the nieghbor lady (who knows what ponies are) what dash dancing is and how this tourney is called "rainbow dash dance" she agrees with me on the lack of creativity, she also said something about fat arms and bad tattoos

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
i told the nieghbor lady (who knows what ponies are) what dash dancing is and how this tourney is called "rainbow dash dance" she agrees with me on the lack of creativity, she also said something about fat arms and bad tattoos
This seems legit

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ponies too good
EDIT: wow this the same town darkrain lives in now MAYBE

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
If there continues to be out of state interest, I may raise the entry fee to $10 in order to make it more worthwhile for you guys.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Sombody team with me >_>

Oh, and im bringing 3 or so new people.

I might not be able to swing the 10$ fee, but we will see.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok Zac let's do it you go Peach I find something useful to do

Top Bottom