• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament: Jace, HondaFoo, JMan Old Venue, at ShermantheTanks

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yo, come to Omaha, Nebraska.

We have melee and brawl.

Location-Dans, shermanthetank 407 S 78th apt 5, Omaha, NE. If you don't know where that is, call me 402-305-5522.

Time-Show up at 1 p.m. We'll figure it out from there. Don't show up before 12:30 please.

5$ for singles
10$ for melee doubles
~$2-10 dollars for brawl doubles.

60/30/10 split for singles unless less than 8
75/25 for doubles unless we get more than 8 teams.

Melee

We like the melee standard rules.

Kongo Jungle and Jungle Japes are legal for teams as the rules dictate.

But brawl rules are bad.

Unity
other than stage list and a few options.

*Option to have MK legal or banned.

*Option to have standing Infinites banned. (Like the stuff on Ness/Lucas and D3's craziness).

Starters::battlefieldb::fdb::lylat::smashville: :yoshisb:

Counter::rainbowcruise::ps2::ps1::halberd: :delfino::castlesiege:

2 stage bans.

*Extra stages for doubles optional::pictochat::pirateship::japes::whateverjankystageyoulove:

For this particular tournament, MK is banned and standing infinites are banned. Pirate Ship will also be legal for teams.

AIB link

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
!!!!!!! You should way come!

I'll finish the OP later when I'm not being forced to not play so people can play LOL.

Also I should mention that Thugz will be in attendance. And some guys from Kansas I don't know.

I can meet you in topeka np. thanks for driving

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'm taking a short break from League of Legends to train for this hahaha

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thugz is hype
**** yeah!

love the stage list!

:phone:
**** yeah!

I honestly want to remove Castlesiege in lieu of Pirate Ship or maybe some other random level, but I'm trying to make this THE stage list.

When are you guys starting?
Uh, idk, when would be a good time for you?

I'm taking a short break from League of Legends to train for this hahaha
**** yeah!

You should put the location into the description in case randoms decide to creep.
**** yeah!

You have to train to win in Nebraska?
**** yeah

Though we are training for SMYM, brawl is just to give Tyser me a pay day.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie I Google the location ._.
but really where is it? i want to go!!
We are finalizing the location. Not entirely sure, there's legit stuff I don't want to talk about on the boards, but one of my best friends dads might die from cardiac arrest and he was thinking about hosting maybe so...yeah, I'll keep you informed.

So.

I'm in Nebraska, but 7 hours away? What the **** is this ****?
LOL are you in Scottsbluff or Gering Nebraska?

Damn, what are you doing in Nebraska anyway? I'm terrible vs snake so I'd love to play you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry can't come to this too busy playing League of Legends

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
JohnsJohns.

HondaFoo is coming and he's gold or whatever. Plus he's gotta play with Dan.

Honda, Dan (Vijaya, Shermanthetank) says you aren't allowed to come unless you bring a computer. Though, honestly, he has a gaming laptop and a gaming harddrive, so if you don't have a mobile computer I think youi'll be fine.

resTy

Smash Champion
Roller, I respect your avatar choice, brah. Tori Black is godlike!

On another note, can I just collect my money when I get there? I don't really wanna play Brawl...

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I enjoy League from the comforts of my beautiful iMac so unfortunately I can't bring that along with me...I do have a laptop that I used when I first started playing but it's literally all settings low + "fast textures" at 20 fps...but it's doable!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser I'll figure out some way to have rules that will make it so you won't win. Like "Tyser is only allowed to play blindfolded." You might still get 2nd.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
LMAO. You've made an artform out of being as far away from states' indigenous smash scenes as possible.
It's so true. wtfff

LOL are you in Scottsbluff or Gering Nebraska?

Damn, what are you doing in Nebraska anyway? I'm terrible vs snake so I'd love to play you.
Yup lmao... I'm in Scottsbluff visiting relatives. 7 hours west of Omaha lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yup lmao... I'm in Scottsbluff visiting relatives. 7 hours west of Omaha lol.
I've been there before, I used to hold the meet/school record for the 100 yard butterfly and the 200 free relay. I mooned the girls from scottsbluff my junior year and one of them took a picture of it and kept it in her locker and she had me autograph it the next year when we came back. (I have a lot of stories like this).

Anyway, so I know like everyone who lives there, so I've probably met your family. Maybe even one of them has seen my ***.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Why are your relatives so far away in the most quiet areas?? Was it not enough to stay in Alpena? Lmao
Well my relatives were never in Alpena lmao. But still... why go to Nebraska? No idea.

I've been there before, I used to hold the meet/school record for the 100 yard butterfly and the 200 free relay. I mooned the girls from scottsbluff my junior year and one of them took a picture of it and kept it in her locker and she had me autograph it the next year when we came back. (I have a lot of stories like this).

Anyway, so I know like everyone who lives there, so I've probably met your family. Maybe even one of them has seen my ***.
Lmao... interesting. Apparently though, I'm in Gering and not Scottsbluff. They might as well be one town >_>

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lmao... interesting. Apparently though, I'm in Gering and not Scottsbluff. They might as well be one town >_>
Well, their swim team was combined with scottsbluff, so there's still as good of a chance.

If you drive through Omaha or something, tell your parents you have to go to the bathroom and you know this dude who has a bathroom you can use, but you'd have to pay 5 dollars to use it if you lost a video game match, but you'd get free entry AND 5 dollars if you win.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
What's the expected turnout?

I may be interested to come. Im stationed at Ellsworth AFB, SD, so its a. Solid 8 to 10hr drive, but I haven't had any competitive play since I joined.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, that depends on a lot of things.

If you only care about brawl for $-If you care about making it at least even on gas and stuff, no, probably not a good decision, even if you win, I'm not expecting a lot of people for just brawl.

If you only care about brawl to get better-Maybe, 3 of the top 4 players on our PR will be there.

If you care about brawl and melee for $-Maybe, there could be enough revenue floating around to make it worth your while.

If you care about brawl and melee to get better-Yes, not only are the good brawl players going to be there, but there are legit top players from the MW:W going to be in attendance for melee.

MK Mike said he'd enter too I believe. Might try and get a few others (gamegenie, Devi, etc...)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Im interested for playing, and skill level there. I REALLY want to play melee, and get better, I was primarily a brawl player, Sonic main.

So it'd be fun practice, and good overall. I'd need info though, as I have never been there. Time to show up, an address (idk who's sister's room, lol)

And besides tournament, as many friendlies as possible.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Damn, well if you are willing to drive that far, sure you can come. I'll send you a PM here in a minute.

I was gonna recommend you wait a few weeks for our next local which I have found an actual venue for (hopefully) instead of an apartment.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Naw, I want to PLAY man, lol. Of the "players" on the base proper, are casual no0bs, who literally will not play when I 1v3 4/3 stock them in Melee/Brawl. And I suuuuuck at melee, tbh.

If its good training, since there is no scene anywhere closer, I'd try to be a somewhat regular, if biweekly or monthly

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Naw, I want to PLAY man, lol. Of the "players" on the base proper, are casual no0bs, who literally will not play when I 1v3 4/3 stock them in Melee/Brawl. And I suuuuuck at melee, tbh.

If its good training, since there is no scene anywhere closer, I'd try to be a somewhat regular, if biweekly or monthly]
Yeah, you are welcome, be sure and respond to the PM I sent you.

You might want to try Minnesota too, they are probably about the same distance and they have quality players.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Attendance List

Rob
JBM
Tyser
Devon
Bolun
Be
Sean
Jace (KS)
Honda (KS)
Jman (SC via SD)
??xCAMUS??
??Mike??
??Gamegenie??
??Yulai??
??Jake??
??Shawn??
??Tony??

I'll try and hype the next one, but I don't think we want more than 12 bodies in here at a time.

Jace08

Smash Lord
wow that drive is so brutal for just one person!

that's awesome though that you'd come out to see us dude. I don't think I've ever played anyone from South Dakota. I'll try and help really make your time here worth it

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I havent played a SD player either actually, and i got here in 2010, hahaha.
Also, im 99% sure i'd be coming alone, since they are srubs here and dont take the game serious at all.

Assuming the weather is legit tomorrow, i was gonna start driving straight after work (NLT 8pm Mtn time) cause getting up at 3am to start driving would suck giant Donkey balls. If someone can house me/friendlies for practice late night friday/Early morning saturday. Othewise im gonna crash at Offut AFB, since it's probably really close to the venue.

Google maps is showing a little over 8hr drive....

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Important!!!!!! Venue switched

We are moving to MK "Mexi" Mike's place instead of Dans.

Addy in the OP.

resTy

Smash Champion
I hope people actually play hard at this even though it's a local battles tourney. JBM played Falcon last tourney and Smeesh played Falco :/ If we're actually training up for SMYM, we might as well actually get our characters practiced so we don't get embarrassed too bad when the time comes. Just saiyan, guise...

Just checked out that attendance list... Brawl is def not gonna happen lol.

Top Bottom