• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not in the Face! - February 25th

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Look for "Not in the Face! Super Kawaii Loli Desu Ne? Gold Platinum Silver Ruby Edition" coming to stores near you in 2013!
Not really.
Let me know if any of this information is incorrect. I'm really tired right now. ^^;
I'll update with more soon.

SINGLES
25 Entrants

1. Denti ($120) :olimarbrawl:
2. Dojo ($55) :icsbrawl: :diddybrawl: :wariocbrawl:
3. Megafox ($35) :foxbrawl:
4. Sync ($20) :olimarbrawl:
5. Sky Pirate ($10) :olimarbrawl:
5. Esca ($10) :pitbrawl::pikachubrawl::marthbrawl::diddybrawl: :randombrawl:
7. PJ :toonlinkbrawl:
7. PantyRaider :gwbrawl:
9. Tree :sheikbrawl::falconbrawl::wariobrawl:
9. Swaka :foxbrawl:
9. The Nameless Wanderer :ptbrawl:
9. RedShadow :wariocbrawl:
13. Bored :ikebrawl:
13. KingJ :marthbrawl:
13. Big Boss :snakebrawl:
13. Tyson :falcobrawl:
17. Mike3 :marthbrawl:
17. Blondie :falcobrawl:
17. JCOB
17. SilentManny :robbrawl:
17. Kyronexx :nessbrawl::robbrawl:
17. Question Marks
17. Mango
17. KoN! :diddybrawl::toonlinkbrawl:
25. Fluffy Panda

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

DOUBLES
1. Sky Pirate & Panty Raider (:olimarbrawl: & :gwbrawl:) ($40)
2. ALSM & Denti (:diddybrawl: & :olimarbrawl:) ($20)
3. Tyson & Dojo (:nessbrawl: & :snakebrawl:)
4. Silent Manny & Megafox (:robbrawl: & :foxbrawl:)
5. Sync & Esca (:olimarbrawl: & :randombrawl:)
6. Big Boss & KoN! (:snakebrawl: & :diddybrawl:)

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

WASEDA DOUBLES
1. MegaFox & Bored (:snakebrawl: & :ikebrawl:) ($40)
2. Esca & ALSM (:pitbrawl: & :diddybrawl:) ($20)
3. PantyRaider & Tyson (:gwbrawl: & :nessbrawl:) ($10)
4. Dojo & Big Boss (:snakebrawl: & :snakebrawl:)
5. Sky Pirate & TheAlpacaMan (:olimarbrawl: & :ikebrawl:)
5. Denti & SilentManny (:diddybrawl: & :robbrawl:)
7. KoN! & Sync (:diddybrawl: & :olimarbrawl:)

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

VIDEOS
Coming soon...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Very interesting results.
Props to Dojo and Esca for placing so well, keep it up.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Let me know if any of this information is incorrect. I'm really tired right now. ^^;
I'll update with more soon.

SINGLES

17. ???
This name is already taken. It's a lubbock player in D-tier. Could you change it so that it doesn't affect his points on the PR?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
First off, I wanna say doubles should not have been played as round robin. I think it really screwed with results; it basically felt like a single elimination bracket. Also, I found it unamusing how Waseda doubles was played as a double elimination bracket while regular doubles was not, with both events having the same number of teams. Next time, please run doubles as double elimination.

Other than that, this tournament was fun. I kinda regret not entering singles, but it's whatevs.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
I agree that doubles should not be round robin : O

It messes up results for me because I main Olimar. I usually might lose game one or two. Round robin really hurts me in this aspect. But it's whatevz. Ggs every 1 :)

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
I'll take that into consideration, and I don't think I'll do a round robin in future tourneys. I was just trying something new out since there were only 6 teams, and a bracket wouldn't have made much sense.

Obviously since I made Waseda a bracket, I realized that it didn't work well so that's why that happened.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Very fun tournament overall! I'm pissed I didn't do as well as I wanted but there's always next time! Nice to see everyone improving steadily! Thanks for hosting Alpaca and thanks for being so awesome Austin!

1. Denti ($120)- Good job winning the tournament Denti! Fun games in tournament, really close :) I'll get you next time. Fun MM tho :p
2. Dojo ($55)- Dojo I am still going to MM you every tournament till I win consistently. Good stuff placing 2nd. Thanks for being so active it's fun to see you at so many tournaments! Thanks for all the pep talks by the way they really help.
3. Megafox ($35)- Sorry if I seemed a little upset after our set. I have lots of fun playing you and then stuff happened game 3 lol. Anyway, good stuff placing top 3 dude and winning Waseda too! It was fun seeing you again and I always love watching you do well! Keep it up wifi warrior :)
5. Sky Pirate ($10)- Great job getting top 5 and great job beating PJ! It's always nice to see you Sean :) Olis invading yo! Awesome good job in dubs!
5. Esca ($10)- Dude this trip was so freaking awesome fun times. Good job getting top 5 you rusty Pit :)
7. PJ- Shake off bro you'll do better next tournament for sure.
7. PantyRaider- I told you you were getting better! Look how much work you did! Keep it up and stick to GaW he needs good players like you. Good job in dubs too!
9. Tree- Nice to see you Tree! Good stuff getting 9th too bad we didn't play.
9. Swaka- You're getting better and better every time I see you! Keep it up dude and stop hating Snake so much you'll **** him soon. Fun MM
9. The Nameless Wanderer- Didn't really meet you but nice PT.
9. RedShadow- We didn't get to play dude! Maybe next time :)
13. Bored- Good stuff in Waseda! It's always nice to see you and your awesome Ike!
13. Big Boss- Nice to see you again dude! I'm play Snake like it's old times :]
13. Tyson- I'm so glad you came dude it was nice to see you again. I'm glad San Angelo is getting active again too. Your Ness is amazing and you definitely do work with him. Nice Falco too. I hope to see you and the rest of San Angelo more. Thanks for the support in my matches.
17. Mike3- It was chill hanging with you dude. Thanks for housing and being legit. I'm serious next time you come to Houston I got you.
17. Blondie- Good games in our MM. Keep up your improvement and keep coming to tournaments!
17. SilentManny- Nice to meet you dude! I'm glad you're playing smash and having fun (hopefully) :)
17. Kyronexx- Nice to see you Kyro! I'm glad you're going to so many tournaments! Keep up the good work!
17. KoN!- Waseda was really fun KoN! Thanks for teaming with me :) Nice to see you again like always.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
1. Denti ($120) Storming Texas and taking our money, as expected ^.-
2. Dojo ($55) When you stop dropping grabs, your ICs will be so scary
3. Megafox ($35) Awesome job on 3rd
4. Sync ($20) It is a shame we didn't get to play, but **** job on 4th
5. Sky Pirate ($10) Good tourney, although a little funny how Brawl just got up around 10, and Melee was still there.
5. Esca ($10) Pleasure seeing again
7. PJ Utilts are gay
7. PantyRaider I always seem to play some other character against you. Next time, I'll go Sheik
9. Tree Bravo, ya scrub.
9. RedShadow GGs in Melee. Your Fox is really technical
13. Big Boss Proving Suspects predictions wrong ^.-
13. Tyson Match up knowledge is a *****.
17. Mike3 Pro friendlies
17. Blondie Two weeks from now you'll be winning
17. SilentManny Good games. Your ROB was much more aggressive than other ROBs I've played and it threw me off at first.
17. Kyronexx Controller johns :(
17. ??? GGs, keep working on the Lucas.
17. KoN! Say nothing if you are a homo...

BATOU. It was your "coaching" against SilentManny and Tyson that won me those games ^.- Always too much fun to be around.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
1. Denti: Always a pleasure man. It was fun hanging out with you after the tourney and stuff too. Good stuff on first!
2. Dojo: This is the first time I've ever actually talked to you. You're a cool dude and I look forward to seeing you at other tourneys! Shake off the 2nd place and take 1st next time. Your Iceys is sick for only being a month old.
3. Megafox: Always fun to watch you play!
4. Sync: Thanks for answering any questions I had. You'll get them next time!
5. Sky Pirate: SHAUN! YEEESSSS 5th place man. Good ****. You're getting so much better at tourney play! Oh, and good stuff in doubles.
5. Esca: Dude, how did you know my name? I've said like 3 things to you ever! But seriously, you're an awesome dude and always fun.
7. PJ: That match vs. KoN! was so fun to watch.
7. PantyRaider: Scrub. Get better man. But seriously, great tourney! Good stuff in dubs.
9. Swaka: Nice to meet you man. Fun to play some fun stuff on Friday night
9. The Nameless Wanderer: Glad to see you made it out to this one! You did pretty awesome, so hopefully you come to some more smash fests in the future.
9. RedShadow: Always a pleasure Jamal. You'll get 'em next time. Oh, and dat Kerbey Lane.
13. Bored: Thanks for all the help with the tourney running and stuff. And for getting me food. See you at the next fest.
13. Big Boss: Always cool to see you BB.
13. Tyson: This guy is amazing. That Ness is siiiiick. Our doubles in Waseda was one of the most fun sets I've played. And watching all your doubles with Joel was awesome. Hope to see you around.
17. Mike3: Get more sleep before tourneys! And don't choke when you play another Marth. Always a pleasure to see you.

ALSM & Batou. Always fun to hang out with you guys. Kerbey Lane is delicious.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Shoutouts to come later. Just wanna say though, Sync you owe me 5 bucks. -Will haunt you about this for the rest of your life.-

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
First off, I wanna say doubles should not have been played as round robin. I think it really screwed with results; it basically felt like a single elimination bracket. Also, I found it unamusing how Waseda doubles was played as a double elimination bracket while regular doubles was not, with both events having the same number of teams. Next time, please run doubles as double elimination.
I would love to have Round Robin in everything, if we have the time. It really reduces the element of luck and forces you to take every match seriously.

And it IS like a single elimination bracket in that you usually only get one chance to play each team, but consider this: Even one loss to your team would have prevented us from placing where we did. You had your chance to stop us, but we didn't **** around and we didn't drop a single match to you.

Shoutouts soon, but I just woke up, I'm sore from bringing T.V.s into the house last night, and I'm uber-cranky because I haven't had my caffeine fix yet!!

BTW. Sync, my name is actually spelled "Shaun". I know there are 89823498 spellings of the name and it's impossible to guess the correct spelling from just being told what it is, especially when this one isn't as common as the main two. :p

This name is already taken. It's a lubbock player in D-tier. Could you change it so that it doesn't affect his points on the PR?
Kay. You're absolutely certain that he didn't attend?
What the nameless wanderer actually went to a tournament??
I know, I'm surprised too! And he actually isn't that bad!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Round Robin is the fairest way to find the overall best team and not who got the luckier bracket. Its ideal if you have the time for it.

Also was Megafox vs Dojo and Esca recorded?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Some people adapt before game 1 is over. Aren't they better?

Besides, even if you win all your sets 2-1, you still place first don't you? As long as you never dropped a set.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
OMG so proud of my boys Shaun and Joel for taking first in doubles!!!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm positive. He's much too busy (and broke) these days to attend an out of city tournament, and you would immediately recognize his skill amongst random players.

Thanks!
YW. Thanks for pointing this out. ^_^

round robin should only be used for card games, seems eww in fighting games.
Come to our next one, Zano. :<

Also, THIS ISN'T A FIGHTING GAME, IT'S A PARTY GAME. :awesome:
I really dislike that argument, though. I mean, the game is all about the characters engaging in direct combat...

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
13. Big Boss Proving Suspects predictions wrong ^.-
what a scrubby *** carpool

*results thread*

13th- Tree
17th- Big Boss
17th- Kyro
17th- KoN
17th- Blondie
BARELY

I was right about you outplacing your carpool, and off by one placing/match with you and big boss. Other than that, my predictions were ON POINT LMAO. Plus Big boss is a try hard! Mr im retired!

Top Bottom