• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No More Mr. Riceguy - March 17th - Houston TX

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice

No More Mr. Riceguy: Results
March 17th, 2012 - Houston, TX

Singles: http://i.imgur.com/N6zVE.gif

1: Kal ($77.50) :foxmelee:
2: Sethlon ($38.75) :roymelee:
3: MT ($23.25) :marthmelee:
4: JakeXIII ($15.50) :foxmelee: :falconmelee: :falcomelee:
5: GlibbyGlobby :falcomelee:
5: Tirno :falcomelee:
7: Mojo :falconmelee:
7: Light Drizzle (TSC) :falconmelee:
9: JF :falcomelee:
9: OBST :luigimelee:
9: Tarzan :foxmelee:
9: Yum Cha :marthmelee:
13: Kalo :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
13: Pawl :ganonmelee:
13: Kradi :zeldamelee: :yoshimelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
13: Noc :falconmelee:
17: fOof :pikachumelee:
17: PerfectEngrish
17: Pablo :ganonmelee:
17: Emilywaves :icsmelee: :sheikmelee:
17: Wink :zeldamelee:
17: Admiral :icsmelee:
17: Vonetsunami (Sybawave) :marthmelee:
17: M**** :samusmelee: :falconmelee:
25: Nick
25: X
25: Palz
25: BunsROFL
25: Gob
25: Awag
25: Doc :sheikmelee:
(let me know if I got your characters wrong)

Doubles: http://i.imgur.com/w67VK.gif

1: Team Matt (MT + JF) ($90.00)
2: Blueballz (TSC + Sybawave) ($45.00)
3: Lost in the Woods (Sethlon + Kalo) ($15.00)
4: Sex Bob-bomb (Tarzan + Tirno)
5: *** to Mouth (Mojo + M****)
5: (Asian x3) - Frank (fOof + GlibbyGlobby)
7: Yoshi and Friends (OBST + Kradi)
7: Gimme Dat **** (Blitz + Dilling)
9: Pawl + Noc (Pawl + Noc)
9: Team Randoms (Emily + Nick)
9: Dynamic Duo (Gob + Palz)
9: To be Decided (Admiral + Rick)
13: Enter: The Frisbie (Pablo + Grinin)
13: Safeway (Doc + X)
13: Happy Boots (Wink + Awag)

Somebody left a silver power strip. If you know who that belongs to please let me know.

Video thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14237903

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out. Special thanks to Noc, GlibbyGlobby, Pawl, Wink, Kal, and TSC for bringing setups. Sorry if I snapped at anyone towards the end of the tournament. I was kinda stressed :p. I hope to see everyone again at the next Riceguy that will probably happen sometime next school year. In the meantime let's look forward to TYS: Barfights 7. I hope to see you guys there!

Noc - Thanks for bringing a setup, streaming, AND running tio on your computer.
Kal - Congrats on winning. Your brother is really cool. He left the Falcon bead sprite there if he wants it. I'll also start working on your surprise bead sprite.
Emily - Thanks for the TO advice
Alex - Happy Birthday! Too bad you had to leave early.
Kradi - It was nice seeing you again. I hope Maine is treating you well. I'm glad you enjoyed my quadruple Zelda, neutral B only idea. It's almost as great as my "+-" tag.
Rick - Thanks for teaming with me. I hope we can play more often in the future.
Doc, Gob, Palz, and X - Thanks for making it out. Like we said there you should try to get in touch with Yannis who also lives in Kingwood. We'll try to keep you updated on any upcoming smashfests.
People with broken bead sprites - I'll try to fix them by TYS.
People who I have not yet made sprites for - I'll start working on them soon
Everyone I played - GGs

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
proper bracket seeding :

TYS seeding :

its cute that you hosted a tournament but please allow jake/von/me/kal/tarzan or someone who actually knows how to run a tournament, to run a tournament

you successfully managed to get a great venue and show people where it is, then screw up everything that wasnt handled by noc/von/myself and you were a ***** the entire time doing it.

im not the only person who feels this way but ill be the one who says it.

as for the missing money (5 dollars?), tell your boyfriend kevin not to mess with money pots because it isnt funny to act like an idiot for no reason and grab 200 dollars and walk away with it.
kevin had no intention on taking any money and im pretty positive the money count was the same before and after but he is still a dumb ****

also good **** kal.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Kalo: eat a ****

Hannah: I had a lot of fun and I think you did fine for your first tournament. There's always room for improvement, and I'm confident the next one will be even better. Also, thanks for the bead sprite!

MTK: Freaking beast, this guy. Carries me to 1st in teams and gets 3rd in singles. Too good, man.

Sethlon: What can I say? I've known you for a pretty long time and you still pull out stuff that surprises me. Good job man, you're amazing.

Kal: Idk what you did, but your fox improved like crazy. I'm kinda scared of it now, but I wish I had gotten a chance to play you. Congrats on the win.

Jake: Great matches, it was unfortunate that our set ended the way it did after such an awesome 1st match. You're one of the coolest guys I know, and I hear you might be moving to Austin at some point?

Luci and Von: Good **** in teams. Luci, good **** for beating me in singles. Von, everyone has off days. I think that you, Edgar, and I were all off our game, but **** happens. I know you're a very good player, so don't worry about it.

Edgar: Pretty much the same thing I said to Von. You still got 5th place though. Keep being amazing and learn to conquer your nerves.

Mojo: ***** didn't even say hi to me. :p <3

Paul: Another one of the coolest guys I know. Was a lot of fun playing you as usual. I wanted to stay and hang with y'all after the tourney, but I had to be ready for the drive back to Austin.

Kevin: Keep at it man. You're doing better with each tournament. Wish I had gotten to play you more than just a few times.

Brandon: You are also improving very quickly. Took my first stock one match with only 4%? Don't scare me like that, man. Also, thanks a lot for the housing.

Everyone else: It was great seeing old faces and new. Keep the community alive :)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
the seeding coulda been a little better. other than that, good **** running the tourney and gooooooooo Austin!
i only pointed out the seedings because that was a problem that was purposely caused.

there were other issues that may or may not have been able to be avoided but who cares the tournament is over and will be forgotten.

anyway nothin more to say lol.

Kal

Smash Champion
Sethlon - Good **** man. Your Roy is amazing.

MT - Too good! I can't believe how much better your Marth has gotten. That Up-B kill still doesn't make sense.

GlibbyGlobby - Always good seeing you. <3

Tirno - FALSE

Mojo - Hey, so I'm sorry I knocked you out of winner's. In my defense, you totally schooled me at Kawaii Love Combos on Ice, so you sort of deserved it. I mean, you had it coming. Big picture: it was karma that caused you to lose.

Also going Falcon against Fox on Rainbow Cruise might have been a mistake.

JF - I think I'm in love with you (no homo). Hopefully you do better next time. I still wonder how you would do going only Jigglypuff.

Also found it tremendously funny that you whispered a comment about how awesome my Fox had gotten, only for me to get ***** immediately after. WAY TO JINX IT MATT!

OBST - When did your hair go blue? Also good job beating Paul.

Tarzan - You'll probably hate me for this, but there was a sort of irony to "get the **** outta' here!" being followed up by me not dying / me winning the match / me winning the set / me winning the tournament.

Kalo - You're cool in person, but online you're sort of a major ****. Don't bash Hannah. Not every tournament is seeded how you want. If you have a problem with the seeding, acting like a jerk isn't the appropriate response. Just point out what you disagree with.

Pawl - Good seeing you man.

Noc - Thanks for being so helpful at this and every tournament. If life were a game of Basketball, you'd be the MVP. Or quarterback. I don't do sports.

PerfectEngrish - Always enjoy having you around.

Emilywaves - Beating my little brother. Not nice! Good seeing you, and thanks for buying pizza.

Admiral - Thanks for running the event. I don't know when you were being mean, because I never saw it. You seem like such a sweetheart. Ignore the mean spirited comments from people. They should be grateful that there is any tournament at all, not insulting you for running it in a way that doesn't suit them. If they want a perfect tournament, they should host it themselves.

Also, your little sprite arts are amazing.

Von - the **** talk during grand finals was pretty disrespectful. Cheering someone on is one thing, but actually insulting a player during a match is rather uncool. I know you will probably respond with some absurdist "you're a care bear" nonsense (which will luckily be ignored, thanks to SWF's delightful little ignore list), but you should consider trying to be a little less, well, obnoxious during sets. Every player has the right to a fair set unaffected by the audience.

Basically, just try and be somewhat civil.

M**** - Budweiser is gross.

Obsoleet

Smash Rookie
1: Kal - Your brother is 100x cooler than you'll ever be. GG's and I hate your zelda
2: Sethlon - Best...Roy...Ever. LOW TIER PRIDE!
3: MT - Best dollar I ever spent to get you to stop sandbagging against me.
4: JakeXIII - JAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE, teach me to be cool like you.
5: GlibbyGlobby - You can take first, all you do is have to remember the words of wisdom passed down from your ancestors "Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That's the Gurren-dan way!"
5: Tirno - Now for the nuances. I need to misfire against you more.
7: Mojo - *Renamed to guy who goes back on promises* This is the best houston has to offer? GG's and pro sandbaggin skills
7: Light Drizzle (TSC) - ******
9: JF - Good stuff
9: OBST
9: Tarzan - Where was the fox?
9: Yum Cha - No more Johns. You need to play with us more.
13: Kalo - ***
13: Pawl - YOU SHALL REFER TO ME AS THE GUY WHO BEAT PAUL FROM NOW ON!!!!
13: Kradi - Was fun teaming with you. DON'T GO BACK TO MAINE!
13: Noc - NOC!!! I'm sad we didn't have our 3 hr matches like we do at every tournament when people come from out of state =/
17: fOof - Forgot to say happy B-day man. Sorry
17: PerfectEngrish - We should have played more >.<
17: Pablo
17: Emilywaves - Supa psyched for the anther MLP melee tournament c: *bronie hoof*
17: Wink
17: Admiral - Great job doing the impossible and getting that tournament running. I felt so bad when we ended up going to Whataburger after and not Ihop.
17: Vonetsunami (Sybawave)
17: M**** - We need to chill and play each other more often! Where you at bro?!?

MT_

Smash Ace
1: Kal - ****
2: Sethlon - Rage
3: MT - K
4: JakeXIII - <3
5: GlibbyGlobby - Nice
5: Tirno - Thanks
7: Mojo - Lol
7: Light Drizzle (TSC) - Umad? :troll:
9: JF - #winning
9: OBST - Amazing
9: Tarzan - Sup
13: Kalo - =D
13: Noc - Cool
17: fOof - Birthday!
17: PerfectEngrish - Mango rice too good
17: Emilywaves - Hey
17: Wink - Fun
17: Admiral - Awesome
17: Vonetsunami (Sybawave) - GGs
25: BunsROFL - Sweet

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Kalo, if you want to run a tournament, then host your own damn tournament. You want to help make the bracket at a tournament, thats fine, but if youre going to act like a douche and just assume you have the right to do whatever the **** you want, dont be surprised when people dont let that **** fly. You have a major attitude problem, I wouldn't care if you "seed like a god", I will never let you near a bracket at my tournies.

Good **** hosting hannah, to'ing is tough work and you had a lot of people for your first time. You never really seemed *****y o_O thanks fir helping me with the pizzas :p. And hey, kalo is right about one thing, tourneys over and people move on, use everything you learned to run an amazing tournament next time.

:phone:

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
welp said i wouldnt say anything else but since people want to keep saying dumb **** i guess i will lol.

kal i did act like a jerk, even if im in the wrong hannah is just rude to me all the time lol so idc, i actually didnt point out alot of things the group of us had issues with because i decided not to be too negative, which in turn made people all butthurt about me talking about seeding which, incase you guys dont know, shouldnt be done with random skill seeding on a large scale and shouldnt be done with TIOs random bracket generator, there are rules to seeding and its not like i wanted to seed the bracket, its just the fact that i am very aware of the way to seed and the rankings of the texas players.

kal you are ****ed up in the head sometimes though.

@ whoever has something to say to me about seeding comment:

i dont respect you enough as people anymore to realize the basis of what im referring to,if you dont already understand, and unless you have some reason why i am wrong then insulting you makes you as much of a ******* as i am.

an effort is always good but we should be at a point where we arent settling for the bare minimum in our events, it is highly disturbing, and why shouldnt experienced players be able to take part in the things that have been proven to be above some peoples current abilities. everyone should be assisted and open for assistance. nobody should be greedy

im not saying i can do anything better than anyone, but groups can do things better than people.

i have hosted about 20 tournaments in my 8 years of smash which isnt alot but they have all had a group effort and i never once acted like a dictator of the events and i would never host my own event just to be power hungry like emily suggested, thats just not the way things should be done.

and emily i dont care if you never let me touch a bracket at your events, i seeded the bracket at Pinkie Pie Productions, it came out great and nothing can change that, ive already proved that i am capable.

whatever else issues we had with the tournament idc, i dont care at all, they wont speak up but im an *******, i dont like half the scene and half the scene doesnt like me , they can be happy knowing that they have ruined my favorite thing in life by just being ******s and stuff.

spellcheck off idgaf

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I don't get it... you talk to us like this and you expect us to attempt to see things from your perspective? You say we ruined the game for you? Why not try being constructive instead of just being a whiny *****. If you had a problem with what Hannah did, why not help her? Then again, I doubt she would want your help at this point. I thought you were cool, kalo. You're alright in person. But seeing this side of you is profoundly disappointing.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Since people are talking about the bracket here's a brief overview of what happened:

JakeXIII arrived late so he wasn't originally in the bracket so Mojo, Kal, and Tirno were each in their own quarters of the bracket. I didn't give Sethlon 1st seed because he didn't place super high at the few tournaments we both attended. Sorry bout that I'll be sure to seed him higher from now on. At this point in time I had Tirno quickly check the bracket and he approved it. I also asked Sybawave and TSC to check the bracket but they chose not to asking for a surprise instead. I would have asked Kal to check the bracket as well but he was either busy or not there. JakeXIII called me moments before I was about to start calling the bracket so I switched him in with a bye then gave Jake Mojo's bye since Jake would be late. I was in a hurry so I overlooked the whole Mojo fighting Kal 3rd round thing.

There were also a ton of upsets that made the bracket kinda weird.
  • Noc beat Kradi
  • OBST beat Pawl
  • Noc and I beat M****
  • Mojo lost to both Kal and JakeXIII
  • Sybawave lost (or forfeited) to Yum Cha
  • Sethlon and MTK were on a rampage

As for the missing money, $5 was from JakeXIII who arrived late and forgot to pay. There was a little bit more missing that Kal and I covered in the end. I'm not really sure what happened, but somebody else began taking registration money while I was outside letting people in and helping people find the venue (me being the only one with a keycard into the venue) so if something was messed up there I wouldn't know.

Again this was my first time TOing so I'm sure a lot of things went wrong. This was a learning experience for me and I'll be sure to do better next time. I'll also be sure to ask for more help from more experienced players.

Kal

Smash Champion
Kalo's rant is totally nonsensical. A person with nothing useful to say, ever, combined with a seeming inability to utilize first order logic, doesn't really deserve to have his opinion heard. Frankly, Kalo, you're one of the worst people in this scene. All you do is ***** and complain, and then get defensive when people offer critique (e.g. you throw a little fit when people dislike TYS running three hours behind schedule).

I don't disagree that the seeding was not great. Having, me, MT, Von, Jake and Oscar on the same side of the bracket was a mistake. However, the point isn't whether you're right. It's how you're expressing your opinion. This is something we keep pointing out to you, and you keep replying with your view on the seeding instead of addressing our point, which is that you're being an ***.

Honestly, do you even read your own posts, Kalo? While I'm sure you couch your useless, insulting posts in some assumption that you're "telling it like it is," you're not Bill Maher. You're Larry the Cable Guy. And, like Larry, you're useless. Get a clue.

Hannah, there were likely a few dollars lost while making change. It happens. Overall, the tournament was fine, and you did a good job. There is always room for improvement, but don't listen to these douche bag nay-sayers. If they want a tournament run a certain way, they need to be civil, or they need to run their own tournament. They can't expect to scream and shout a la GOP until they have their way. TOing isn't a Republic.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
1: Kal ($77.50) :foxmelee: Hey good **** winning singles! But what the heck Sethlon 3-0's you first set and then you 3-1 him lolwut
2: Sethlon ($38.75) :roymelee: Fun fun fun! **** everyone Roymaster.
3: MT ($23.25) :marthmelee: wow, just watching your Marth blast through spacies was fun
4: JakeXIII ($15.50) :foxmelee: :falconmelee: :falcomelee: good **** Jake! we should chill again next time
5: GlibbyGlobby :falcomelee: :)
5: Tirno :falcomelee: I really wouldn't be surprised to find the holy grail in that bag of yours....damn that **** rn deep
7: Mojo :falconmelee: hi mojo
7: Light Drizzle (TSC) :falconmelee: blegh, I really did just kinda give up in our second match, it was so futile. The **** was just way to extreme. Also, next time we talk physics, let's not do it at 2 in the morning...to much mind=blown to think about
9: JF :falcomelee: :)
9: OBST :luigimelee: fun time, as always, Smash is Magic :)
9: Tarzan :foxmelee: good times man! We only played a couple of sets but it was fun hanging
9: Yum Cha :marthmelee: :)
13: Kalo :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: I'm not sure if you realize that no one is arguing with you about the seeding. No one has denied that the bracket could be better or that you have bracket making skills. It's just you Kalo.
13: Pawl :ganonmelee: haha I dunno how I took a match off you...must be cause you were playing Falcon. I'm pretty sure you four stocked me like 9 times with Ganon :( stupid, evil, triforce, grumble grumble
13: Kradi :zeldamelee: :yoshimelee: :jigglypuffmelee: uggggghhhh why did I watch you and John Marth ladder for like an hour. ugggghhhhh
13: Noc :falconmelee: :)
17: fOof :pikachumelee: :)
17: PerfectEngrish :)
17: Pablo :ganonmelee: :)
17: Emilywaves :icsmelee: :sheikmelee: D:
17: Wink :zeldamelee: :)
17: Admiral :icsmelee: Good **** running the tourney. Turnout was pretty awesome and the venue was sick (except the no food and getting locked out part :p). Don't let anyone get you down and just make sure you learn from your experience for next time :)
17: Vonetsunami (Sybawave) :marthmelee: Thanks for housing us :) You guys still wrecked in teams
17: M**** :samusmelee: :falconmelee: Fun times dude, let's chill again for sure
25: Nick It was really fun teaming with you! Normally, Peach is my nemesis, but we had some pretty decent teamwork, let's play again next time.
25: X :)
25: Palz :)
25: BunsROFL Good stuff little bro, you obviously have good grasp of the game, just need to play more and you'll be wrecking in no time.
25: Gob :)
25: Awag :)
25: Doc :sheikmelee:

Kal

Smash Champion
Hannah, did you upload the tio file to SSBPD? MT and I are looking forward to some Elo increases.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Shoutouts!

Hannah - Good stuff on the tourney. The main thing that was wrong with the seeding IMO is that there wasn't an A tier player in the bottom 1/4th of the bracket, putting jake down there would've made it fine. TBH my placing surprised myself as much as anyone else lol, the upsets were just that; upsets. About the bead sprite! :) Can you just take any sprite art and make a bead sprite out of it? Cause if so I could send you the sprite I was talking about.

Kal - You knowing so much about Roy made my life difficult, lol. I have to sit down and remember what stages I'm supposed to play against fox, its been so long since I've played against one in tournament that really knew what he was doing.

MT - Your pivots are good!
But mine are better =D
Good stuff on the placing. Dawn of a new Fire Emblem age beings now?

JakeXIII - Sorry bout skimping out on the matches, but I really wouldn't have been able to put much into 'em. Next Dallas tournament is April 28th!

GlibbyGlobby - So much Kongo Jungle :dizzy:

Tirno - I need to actually practice powershielding lolz.

Mojo - Drink less, win more! :smash: Real talk though, you gonna fight the good fight and stick with Falcon?

Light Drizzle (TSC) - Not gonna lie, I got a good laugh out of the name.

JF - Man, it has been a long time, hasn't it? When was the first WTYM, like 2005? 06? Good stuff in teams again, those Yoshi's rests were sick.

Tarzan - *shakes hand* Get a date for your tourney!

Kalo - Teams went pretty well. Just need to work on both of us not dropping the ball in critical moments, lol.

Noc - Any chance I could get you to send me the Winners/Loser/Grand Finals matches? I need them for combo video footage :colorful: I know theres ways to rip them off youtube, but I haven't found any way to do so that doesn't degrade the quality.

Emilywaves - Practicepractice and then you can **** too! :colorful:

Vonetsunami (Sybawave) - Thanks for housing, and letting me and Emily jack your beds!

Kal

Smash Champion
Haha Alex, I spoke to Cactuar and he instructed me that bair spam works less than well against Roy. I watched through our set again and realized that you frequently intercepted my bairs with side-B and crouch-cancel stuff. Expect for my Fox vs. Roy knowledge to improve, so don't get lazy! <3

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
LOL Texas getting in on that Roy practice. Never had anyone needed to know about the matchup until fighting Sethlon :p

PS: the bears did not go unnoticed :3

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Kal: Yup, it's all uploaded and waiting approval.

Sethlon: Yeah I really wish I had put Jake or Oscar in the bottom quarter. I didn't notice it in time :/. And I should be able to make almost any sprite art into a bead sprite. Just send me what you want :).

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to make at least one bead sprite for every active player in Texas as a gift so no compensation needed. That being said are you sure you want Silver version Tododile and not one of the newer ones? http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/totodile

Also anyone else who I have not made a sprite for or I only made a last minute tiny sprite for that doesn't count (MT_, Yum Cha, Velox, Pablo) let me know if there are any sprites in particular that you want.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
These are the current top 15 (active) players in Texas by ELO (before riceguy results are factored in). It'll be interesting to see how this tournament changes things.

Pre-rice guy:

1. Darkrain - 1661
2. Mojo - 1545
3. Xelic - 1476
4. AustinRC - 1459
5. Tirno - 1422
6. S.O.S. - 1416
7. Sethlon - 1412
8. Jake13 - 1385
9. Broly - 1383
10. Kal - 1333
11. Reqy - 1331
12. TSC - 1326
13. Thoraxe - 1322 (????)
14. JF - 1317
15. MT - 1296

Not a bad list.

Edit: Looking at the list after the fact, I think the right players are in the top 10. And, 11-15 somewhat accurately describes the players who are "knocking" on the top 10's door (save maybe Thoraxe who seems to benefit from beating a LOT of people within his city, and maybe I'd put Glibbyglobby/Von in that 11-15 region instead).

It's difficult to look at ranks 11+ and say there's someone who's being vastly underrated and deserving of top 10 consideration when compared to the players in the current ELO top 10.

I know this was briefly discussed in Texas melee, but what do you all think of having a panel ranking system (top 10) that heavily relies on these ELO results and makes small adjustments as the panel sees fit?

OR, we can forget the panel rankings and just have a Texas Power Rankings thread where we post (and update) the top 10 TX players according to ELO. Some would argue that there's really no point in doing this because you can always go to the ssbpd.com website to check out the rankings, and they'd be right. I'm only suggesting this because a formal smashboards "Texas ELO ranking" thread will just look nicer, and maybe it can facilitate friendly trash talk and such.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I think Riceguy was added to SSBPD right after you posted that.

1. Darkrain - 1661
2. Mojo - 1508
3. Xelic - 1476
4. AustinRC - 1459
5. Sethlon - 1436
6. Kal - 1420
7. Tirno - 1418
8. S.O.S. - 1416
9. Jake13 - 1396
10. Broly - 1383
11. MT - 1360
12. Reqy - 1331
13. TSC - 1331
14. Thoraxe - 1322
15. JF - 1320

Not a huge change. Kal and MT moved forward quite a few spaces. Kal Sethlon only moved up two. Top three remained the same but Darkrain and Xelic didn't attend and Mojo had a pretty big lead to begin with. Do they recalculate score at the end of the day or something? I feel like I read that somewhere.

I think I already stated my opinion in the facebook group, but I think having a panel that uses ELO as a starting point to rank the top 10 would be best.

MT_

Smash Ace
Good, now I just have to wait for Xelic or ARC to retire for good and I am top ten!!

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Good **** to Kal moving up to rank 6. Also MT's right at the cusp of top 10 lol.

Once we get a couple of more tournaments in the system, we can maybe include the entire top 15 for our rankings thread.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Once I start playing puff in singles and not giving a **** about the hate I will inevitably get... I'll make it into top 10 :p granted there are enough tourneys >.> there's barely one a month right now. Good **** to Kal, Sethlon, and MT. Also, I will money match this Thoraxe guy for any amount. <--- rage/ego

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to make at least one bead sprite for every active player in Texas as a gift so no compensation needed. That being said are you sure you want Silver version Tododile and not one of the newer ones? http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/totodile

Also anyone else who I have not made a sprite for or I only made a last minute tiny sprite for that doesn't count (MT_, Yum Cha, Velox, Pablo) let me know if there are any sprites in particular that you want.
The crystal version is particularly appealing

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
did somebody call for a mouf post?

no? oh okay. good **** everybody. I wish there wasn't so much hostility over this tournament though :(

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
on an unrelated note, i urge all texas players who i haven't played in awhile to come to tys 7 so that we can catch up. and by catch up i mean GET **** ON

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm not going to the next TYS (I only went to the previous one because I thought it was the final TYS), but I do look forward to seeing you at some future tournament. We should have a few $1 money matches. I play Marth, Fox, Roy and Pichu. Roy vs. DK would be a fun (difficult as ****) money match. <3

Kal

Smash Champion
I don't like the $8 venue fee. I'm not going to a tournament where I feel I'm being nickel and dimed. Combine that with the fact that last time I went we started three hours late, and I just don't see any reason to go.

I'll do DK vs. Marth. Sounds like fun.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
next tys i've already announced that i will be turning off cubes to insure decent starting time but if you don't wanna pay the 8$ venue its understandable.

eikelmann ya dude i still play. my dk rarely gets recorded but next tourney ill get some matches up

Top Bottom