• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 4: Summer in Madison | 4/14/2012 | Madison, WI

Melee Doubles
Doubles Bracket Image

1: The Good Doctor + Kels
2: Orly + FrootLoop
3: Spikes & Vino
4: Amanze + Chexr
5: Black Hayate + John
5: Mundungu + Crashman
7: Purple
7: Deepak + RRR
9: DASource + DASauce
9: YoshQ & CrossFadingRage
9: D. Disciple + Fast2gg
9: Quaz + Wake
13: Sexy MN
13: Gale + Yuki

Brawl Doubles
Pools Image
(Pool only)

1: Amanze & Disciple
2: Heath + RRR
3: YoshQ + Xeylode
4: Rev6 & RedRyu
5: Zylach + Moozle
6: Loki + CFR
7: Sanchaz & ???

Melee Singles
Singles Bracket Image

1: Kels
2: FrootLoop
3: Orly
4: Vino
5: Wake
5: Chexr
7: Amanze
7: The Good Doctor
9: John!
9: FluxWolf
9: Sanchaz
9: LoneJedi
13: RRR
13: Disciple
13: (Spikes
13: GNG DON P
17: Mundungu
17: CrossFadingRage
17: Loki
17: Zicore
17: Gio
17: Xeylode
17: DeepakR
17: Dr. YoshQ
25: PDeis
25: TLO
25: BDF
25: DDF
25: Brandon
25: Red Ryu
25: Gale
25: Genkaku

Brawl Singles
Singles Bracket Image
(No pools, random bracket)

1: Dr. YoshQ
2: RRR
3: Red Ryu
4: Disciple
5: Loki
5: Amanze
7: Rev6
7: Zylach
9: Xeylode

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
LOL Single Laser is supposed to be Me and Loki.

This was such a good tournament guys.

Shoutouts:

Vino: I can't believe how close our match was...I'll get you next time.
Chris(ORLY): Thanks for the friendlies again. The Melee doubles match was fun as hell.
Tapion: Melee doubles match (pools): I can't believe I made that comeback. Nice to finally meet you.
LightsOutAce: Shame you didn't go into the tournament so I could beat you.
Loki: Brawl dubs, I gotta work on not spiking you with Samus so much haha.....
John!: Falcon FFA's aren't serious. lol
YoshQ: Good **** winning brawl singles. We'll win melee dubs at some point.

And to whoever else I'm missing: good to see ya again

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Thanks for coming everyone! It was cool to meet some of the old-school guys and great to see some new faces.

Some translation: Xtra was Vino, Bzzl was Lonejedi, Spybloom was Spikes, Toecutter was Mundungu, Element of Fire was Zicore
In doubles, Frozen Noodles was Spikes and Vino, I AM LEARNING SO MUCH JAVA SCRIPT!!1! was YoshQ and CrossFadingRage, Amazing Team was Amanze and Disciple

I didn't get to talk to many people since I was busy yelling the whole time, but a few shoutouts:
Erik: Thanks for letting me use your laptop and posting the results for me
Kels: I hope you don't think your Falco is good now lol
Frank: I don't think anyone can argue that you're not the best player in WI
Vino: It was your day! Your set vs Chexr was one of my favorites of the day (even though it ended in Jiggs dittos)
Spikes: Thanks for showing me your pool rotated bracket method; I'm going to use that in the future
LoneJedi: Thanks for helping with stuff
CrossFadingRage: You won a tournament set! I guess when I'm not in the tournament to knock you out...Good Falcon FFA's at the end.

yoshq

Smash Master
Hella fun seeing y'all again!

Wish there woulda been more brawl, but melee is fun too.

Amanze: You're bad but you're good, I guess.
Xeylode and Rev: You both have a lot of potential.
Nick: Indeed, my son.

Quaz

Smash Master
Haha true that.

Gio you technically got a bye in losers.

I will say that Gio did beat someone in his pool though, while Genkaku got 4th seed.

EDIT: also wanted to mention that

Bzzl = Lone Jedi
Spybloom = 18 spikes
Xtra = Vino

Im not sure who entered as Toecutter

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Quaz, that was all already addressed.
Please read before posting, lol.

Also, LOL at Gio bragging because he got a bye.....
You're a good dude in person, but on the internets...man

G

genkaku

Thanks to everyone that played with me, very grateful for the experience. It was nice to meet everyone, I had a really fun weekend.
Watching Kels play Tapion and Mundungu until 7 or 8 in the morning was insane. Learned a crapton.
Definitely planning to sleep the night before next time, though, haha.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Thanks to everyone that played with me, very grateful for the experience. It was nice to meet everyone, I had a really fun weekend.
Watching Kels play Tapion and Mundungu until 7 or 8 in the morning was insane. Learned a crapton.
Definitely planning to sleep the night before next time, though, haha.
No talk of drunken Falcon 5 minute FFAs?
You disappoint me sir.

**** sleep, keep playing smash. I'm pulling a double at work right now, havent slept yet.

:phone:
That's because you're a machine. Awesome Pikachu.

Wake

Smash Master
Awesome tournament!

Shoutouts:

The Good Doctor- Awesome set in pools. Maybe you won't pick PS again haha. I'll be waiting for the rematch.

Sanchaz- I always have fun playing you. Good stuff in Marvel too! (even though you didn't play Viper for me... :( )

Random Link Guy- Fun games. Keep going to tournaments. You'll get better.

Red Ryu- So many Peaches in WI it seems. I'm used to being the only one in MN. Good games!

Lonejedi- Fun set. Looking forward to playing you again.

Orly- Maaan. Good stuff! I love playing that MU. I'll get you next time!

John!- Mute City was fun. Switching to Sheik against me was a mistake this time though. I played so many at this tourney haha. Maybe next time we'll play on Mute the entire set huh? ;)

Amanze- Your Sheik is so annoying. I'm glad I beat it this time. I still think you're best with Samus. Good job though.

Vino- Well I'm going to have to figure this MU out haaaa. I still had fun playing though. It's pretty tense, even if the action is slower. Good job with 4th!

RandallMaaaan! I wanted you to beat Kels... oh well. Next time!

Frootloop- You'll get Kels next time. Had fun playing team friendlies with you.

Quaz- Don't drink so much. :p

Lightsoutace- Awesome tournament!

Kels- Good job winning... again. Someone will take you out soon though. Don't you worry.

Gio- You're definitely getting better, so just keep playing! Also, I'd like to play PPL again. We only got like 2 sets. Not used to it johns. ;)

I didn't really know any of the old school players...

Anyone I forgot: GGs!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
The smash community loved the tournament! :)

The shoryuken community people hated the tournament! :(

I could go on pages why peeps hated/loved it, but I honestly don't have the effort to type that much.

SO maybe later. SANCHAZ!!!!!!

Quaz

Smash Master
I also wanted to mention...

Could Madison please do us a favor and host Melee only next time? Its nice not to have people hold up the tourney *AHEM* Sanchaz.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS
kels-good stuff man, keep at it, also we were acting goofy as hell at dennys lol

wake-thanks man i gotta keep trying i wanta get better also , we will play puzzle again

the good doctor-your cool man, although you do give me a hard time on the boards but watever WE COOL BRA (bad grammer) again bad grammar lol
zicore-nice meeting you man , sorry we didnt get to play maybe next time

mudungu-thanks for the setup and housing had fun

frootloop-favorite falco in the midwest man, i will learn on my tech skill so you can teach me more and i could be the 2nd best in wisconsin lol good job thou

orly- nics seeing you again man i think know one around he looks at the game like you do, i could always get advice from you, good job

sanchaz-nice seeing you again wish we could hav played puzzle :(

lights out ace-nice meeting you and great T.O

taipon-nice meeting you lookin foward to seeing you again Quaz-thanks for everything man wish you woulda played

everyone else that i missed good tournament

:phone:

Quaz

Smash Master
Im not trying to hate on brawl, forgive me if I came off wrong. Hell, it seems like brawl ran pretty smoothly at this. I more so ment host melee at one and brawl at another.

It just seems to take up too much time if people enter both games. (only if they both place very high in both though too)

We could have hosted a crew battle, but didn't have the time to do so (I probably wouldnt have been in it anyhow, but STILL)

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
The smash community loved the tournament! :)

The shoryuken community people hated the tournament! :(

SO maybe later. SANCHAZ!!!!!!
Shoryuken community was under the impression that they didn't have to bring setups for some reason (has anyone ever in their entire life ever been to anything where they didn't need you to bring setups? wtf?). You should really add that next time you advertise there lol.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Shoryuken community was under the impression that they didn't have to bring setups for some reason (has anyone ever in their entire life ever been to anything where they didn't need you to bring setups? wtf?). You should really add that next time you advertise there lol.
Yeah, it's called a Smash to the Future

shoutouts:
1: Dr. YoshQ: good **** taking singles
2: RRR: That Kirby is so sexy... in both melee and brawl
3: Red Ryu: it was fun teaming w/ you and thank you for advice in the lucario MU
5: Loki: ur just an all around awesome dude
5: Amanze: the power of 9....swag
7: Zylach: ya got a nice zelda but i don't think you should use ike as a 2ndary
9: Xeylode: that bracket change... we'll settle our little rivalry the next time we face each other in a brawl event
Hunger: what do you think of my wario? our MM was pretty close :D

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yes, the fighting game community tends to be a lot more spoiled with their venues, especially around here. Regional tourneys usually have tons of setups supplied by Focus Fire, or random venues with a lot of TVs already (like lan centers).

No organization in the world has a stockpile of CRT tvs sitting around for us to use, so we have to use our own stuff.

That and the FGC is lazy as hell from what I see. People from Milwaukee and IL didn't feel like going to UFGT in Chicago (which is a major tourney, like a ROM or Pound) last year because it was "too far". It's pretty depressing to see sometimes.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Yes, the fighting game community tends to be a lot more spoiled with their venues, especially around here. Regional tourneys usually have tons of setups supplied by Focus Fire, or random venues with a lot of TVs already (like lan centers).

No organization in the world has a stockpile of CRT tvs sitting around for us to use, so we have to use our own stuff.

That and the FGC is lazy as hell from what I see. People from Milwaukee and IL didn't feel like going to UFGT in Chicago (which is a major tourney, like a ROM or Pound) last year because it was "too far". It's pretty depressing to see sometimes.
Lmao, what *******....

what type of building did they think this event was gonna be held in?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
as long as it doesn't happen again, its cool. Sanchaz REALLY took FOREVER with that set.

Poor Steve was literally sleeping waitin on him.
I had to do the same thing waiting for D. Disciple for our melee set.

Kid took the game to game 3 and I was falling asleep waiting LOL owell.

not doing shoutouts but good **** ace for running yet another great tourny :)

Zicore

Smash Champion
This tourney was awesome. I slept for 20 hours when I got home. I'm sad that I will probably not see very many of the people I saw this weekend again, as chances are this was my last tourney, unless one falls on a weekend I don't work and I'm not busy with other stuff. It was great to see everyone, and it was great to see some new faces. The bar was a lot of fun, glad to see quaz took it like a champ. That video should be uploaded asap.

Special thanks to Mundungu for letting everyone crash at his place. It was legit, and I know everyone appreciated it.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
This tourney was awesome. I slept for 20 hours when I got home. I'm sad that I will probably not see very many of the people I saw this weekend again, as chances are this was my last tourney, unless one falls on a weekend I don't work and I'm not busy with other stuff. It was great to see everyone, and it was great to see some new faces. The bar was a lot of fun, glad to see quaz took it like a champ. That video should be uploaded asap.

Special thanks to Mundungu for letting everyone crash at his place. It was legit, and I know everyone appreciated it.
I've learned that out drinking Wisconsin is hard

Top Bottom