• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 4: Summer in Madison | 4/14/2012 | Madison, WI

Mundungu

Smash Lord
what type of building did they think this event was gonna be held in?
I'm just saying that they don't automatically assume there will be no setups like you do in the smash community. We assume no setups unless we're told otherwise, the FGC community assumes setups unless told otherwise.

Either way, it seems like a mixed smash and fighting game tourney seems to be a pretty bad idea in general. We've tried it a few times now, and they seem to drag each other down when people enter a bunch of tournaments. The schedules just get too messed up when there are too many games going on at once.

Quaz

Smash Master
It was fun Zicore. Although Im gonna admit Im never doing it before a tourney again. I kinda wish I could have entered.

I feel great today though, hopefully whenever I drink again I'll be able to handle it much better.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I can't believe you guys finished 3 fishbowls between 7 people. They make those by turning 4 bottles upside down, having a conversation with the person next to them, then adding a little coloring.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Who's staying up night because their sleep cycle is all mest up now?

I am!!!!

Zicore

Smash Champion
I can't believe you guys finished 3 fishbowls between 7 people. They make those by turning 4 bottles upside down, having a conversation with the person next to them, then adding a little coloring.
Well, fricken Kels had the bright idea of saying that the first one "didn't have enough liquor", so we clearly had to up the game. He regretted it about the time we ordered the third haha.

Also, quaz had probably half of the first one. It was awesome :D

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Melee Singles
Singles Bracket Image

1: Kels - Good to see ya again, ***** me with anyone you wanted again lol.

3: Orly - We should talk again, also smoke a cig or something since your chill like that. Also wow you and Frootloop you did great, don;t put yourself down over the last 3 games taking the first two is hella good.

5: Wake - Wish I was better at Melee but Brawl is my forte. Loved the dittos lol. So much stupid but I loved it.

9: John! - :applejack:

9: Sanchaz - *Ike grunts* Gotta be a true man to play Ike. :glasses:

13: (Spikes - I need to talk to ya more or something, I remember more from MAS tournaments an wanna do that again.

17: Gio - Nice Falco, you should should camp Peach more.

25: Red Ryu - :peachmelee:

Brawl Singles
Singles Bracket Image
(No pools, random bracket)

1: Dr. YoshQ - **** Luigi lol, someday I'll get it, just gotta work harder.

2: RRR - Man what you did to Kels, lol. Also loved our set in Brawl, best I;ve done and I like what ya did read wise.

3: Red Ryu - :lucario:

4: Disciple - Man those dittos, best I;ve done in a long time ditto wise. You still better than me, it's just...the ditto happened lol. Good to see ya and want to see what the Luc boards say about our sets.

5: Loki - That stash, keep it it looks like that guy from the Reporter. Good to see that fox and you do better than me in Melee.

5: Amanze - I'm not better than DD, but I might know Pit better only cause Kryz helped coach me more on how to play the MU. Still liked your technical side in both games.

7: Rev6 - Again just take the advice I said and you'll do better, you just didn't know something about the MU is all, good to see ya irl.

7: Zylach - Nice Zelda, you and Moozle did good in doubles. Wanna see more of ya around.

9: Xeylode - You got bracket screwed :/ It happens, hell happened to me multiple upon multiple times in the past, but yeah don't sweat you got potential and you'll get there.

Moozle - You get one for the showing up and doing good for being out at Madison. College is good there cousin went there and said it was amazing.

Hunger - Thx for showing up. Your Marth is still lol, but I wanna play ya like when your super into it serious mode sometime, can't seem to ever get that like I wanna.

LightsOutAce - Thanks for being a great TO and hosting both games, I hope if you host more I'll try my best to show up and bring a set-up next time.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
4/14 will go down as the weekend of old school comebacks... Tapion and Crashman at this WI tourney, Bigy and the Kishes at the MI tourney.

Zicore

Smash Champion
4/14 will go down as the weekend of old school comebacks... Tapion and Crashman at this WI tourney, Bigy and the Kishes at the MI tourney.
You forgot DA Legendary Sauce. He was here too.

The average start date from the people in WI at this thing was like 2005 haha

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
Fun Tourney. Thanks for having us guys. Shout out to everyone in WI for having us. Even tho you guys root for an incredibly ****ty football team you guys are pretty cool so I wont hold it against you.

Oh, right. I forgot they were collecting this stuff.

lol I do not know the payouts. Sam would know.

Brawl Singles
1: Dr. YoshQ (Luigi, ...
2: RRR (Kirby, ...
3: Red Ryu (Lucario, ...
4: Disciple (Lucario, ...
5: Loki (...
5: Amanze (Pit, ZSS, ...
7: Rev6 (G&W, ...
7: Zylach (Zelda)
9: Xeylode (Falco, Snake)

Brawl Doubles
1: Amanze & Disciple (Pit & Lucario)
2: Heath + RRR (ZSS + Kirby)
3: YoshQ + Xeylode (Luigi & Snake)
4: Rev6 & RedRyu (G&W & Lucario)
5: Zylach + Moozle (Zelda & Peach)
6: Loki + CFR (Fox & Samus)
7: Sanchaz & ??? (Ike & Ike, random & random)

I think there were more characters used. But I did not see all the matches for singles.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I teamed with p-dice

We used ike, captain falcon, ganon, dante, ike, random, up-b with king dedede

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
My greatest moment(s) in this tourney:

Making a comeback in melee doubles against Tapion and his teammate (pools)
Winning my first tourney set.
Almost taking a match against Vino.

See y'all at the next IMDB!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
LightsOutAce - Awesome job running another smooth tournament. It's too bad this was prob you're last TO, but you were awesome at it.

DA
Crashman - Fun teaming with you, it's been too long. Oscar Meyer strat is actually pretty bad, fox likes hot dogs too much.
Sauce - Smash hasn't been the same without DA shenanigans, it was refreshing to see some more trolling at this. You really should have played more ness.
Paul - You should have entered X Tekken, you prob would have done pretty well. GS with that young young link.
Tim - I'm really surprised you showed up. i didn't catch any of your games, but awesome team name.

MN
It was awesome to see so many MN players again. It sucks we didn't have time for the crew battle, but I'll work on getting commentary for the next time.

Chexr - Those marvel matches were pretty hilarious. I'm gonna start spamming swiss cheese more often. I dropped 2 sentinal combos, I think that's an all time high for me.
Heath - It was good to play you again, you're fox is really solid. That koopa claw thing was too funny. Hope to see you again once you move back to WI.
Fluxwolf - Good to see you again too. We should play more next time!
Amanze - You're marth is pretty solid, but samus is still your best. Hopefully we have better matches next time.
RRR - I don't know why you still main that character, that takes some dedication / stubborness. I feel like you could play a really scary puff (don't do that).
Disciple - I like your pikachu. It's really solid without being ledge campy. Hopefully we'll play again at the next tourney.
Wake - Nice placing, didn't get to play you either. Did you teach John9Blue how to play vs falco?
Deepak - Didn't get to play you.

WI
It was awesome to see everyone there. This was a hell of a reunion. Hopefully this wasn't the last big tourney we throw, we never even did a crew battle, or Stamina Pancake for that matter.

Tapion - It was awesome seeing you again after 3+ years. I know you were really frustrated with your play, but I can't say enough how good you were after all that time, esp with a fast faller. You could definitely be back in shape in no time, but I'm guessing that won't be happening. I hope it was worth the trip for you.
Gary Chu - I can't believe you showed up to this, it was awesome seeing you again! You're still amazing in teams for some reason, good stuff beating 1st place in bracket. I might see you at daisho.
Peaches_ - I'm guessing this was your last tourney. It was good to see you again, you always make tourneys a ton more fun. We should have one more WI fest before you leave.
Lonejedi - Good to see you again Caleb. You've got amazing DI with sheik, I don't think I hit a single drill shine. I should prob just dashdance grab against you. I still think your marth has way more potential though.
Zicore - It was awesome hanging out again. Sorry about the teams thing, but I can't turn crashman down. Hopefully this wasn't your last tourney.
Quaz - You're too funny. It sucks you were hung over all day, I guess drinking before the tourney was a bad idea. Friday night was really fun though.
Frootloop - Thanks a lot for helping me carry a bunch of stuff before and after the tourney. We should play a bunch of falco dittos. Once you get that matchup down, I think you've got everything covered. That one teams friendly we played was really funny.
Sanchaz - SANCHAZ! You should play melee more this summer.
Vino - You played really well at this. It was good to see you play well in teams too. Hopefully you like teams now?
John9Blue - Good job beating 1st place in teams. Did you learn how to play vs falco yet?
Eric - I didn't get to see how you did in melee, but you're definitely getting better. Just keep those suicides under control, and you'll be competitive. Also good **** on getting this venue on short notice.
Alex - Good stuff in X Tekken making salitine rage quit lol. You really know how to abuse characters. Thanks a ton for bringing setups again.
Stephen - You're getting really good at marvel again. Did you play all Jill?
TLO - Good to see you there. Thanks a ton for helping me carry tvs before the tourney. I still haven't played you, this Thursday for sure!
Gio - I didn't get to play you either, but it looks like you're getting a ton better each tournament. It's good to see someone new with so much motivation. We'll def play next time.
Hunger - Good to see you again, did you win any cash contests in blitz? Do you even play smash anymore?
YoshQ - Didn't get to play you sadly. I didn't really see you play at all either, but I'm sure you got better. Grats on winning brawl.
Brandon - It was good to meet you. Hopefully you had fun at this, and learned some things about the game. It's always good to see new people.
Genkaku - Didn't get to play you. Thanks for helping me carry stuff.

IL
Good to see you guys again, I'm looking forward to the SG tourneys this summer!

Kels - What is with you in winners bracket? We should just give you single elim so you never lose.
ORLY - Good job in singles. We really need to play next time, I never really play you much anymore.
Jeff - Didn't get to play you either. Awesome job in teams, I'm suprised you guys won.

Top Bottom