• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Esoj and Boss present: Chu's biweekly!!!!, Falls Church, VA 5/12/12

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Fun tourney. Here are the results:

Doubles:

1. Coney + Logic
2. Boss + Chu
3. Luckay + EE
4. Junebug + Deez
5. Zander + Iota
5. ESOJ + Taj

Singles:

1: junebug ($90.00) :falco:
2: chudat ($45.00) :kirby2:
3: coney ($15.00) :ness2::dedede:
4: poyo :metaknight: :kirby2:
5: darkflame :popo:
5: boss :luigi:
7: aposl :pt:
7: iota :wario:
9: logic :olimar:
9: EE :metaknight:
9: lukkay :pit:
9: esoj :diddy:
13: taj :metaknight:
13: serynder :metaknight:
13: tant :metaknight:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Damn, I suck now, hit that brick wall and can't pass it, retiring now, was nice seeing everyone though. Thanks for hosting.

:017:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Definitely had a fun time this tourney! I was a bit discouraged after losing every MM I did before bracket and losing to June first round, but I went through losers and really enjoyed all the sets I played this tourney! :D

Shoutouts time!

1: junebug - GGs. Good **** ****** me first round and in crews, LOL. That Falco was crazy unexpected, especially to win. O________________O

2: chudat - I really wanted to play you! It's cool though, hopefully we'll get to play next tourney, good stuff at this one too! :D

3: coney - GGs Coney! You were one of the few people I thought might beat me and you did. Although I was surprised by with who though. O.o Top 3 Ness in the country right here! :D

4: poyo - I feel I really stepped it up this tourney compared to getting 9th twice in a row at my last two tourneys. I'm only going to get better from here! And you guys will be seeing more Kirby from me when I learn more match-ups! -^_^-

5: darkflame - You were on fire today. O.o So proud of you for your upset against PS, you've really stepped it up. You're a top 5 Ice Climbers right now, I don't care what anyone says! :D

5: boss - GGs! I felt you missed a lot of Up-Bs, but don't know if they would've got shielded if you did them (cause I did press R whenever you jabbed me). Still, really fun set Boss. :D MISFIRE TO MISFIRE COMBO!!!!!!!!!!

7: aposl - My Squirtle will surpass your's one day... Hopefully... I wish... Maybe... XD

7: iota - GGs! Iota! Really fun set, I probably should've got f-smashed last stock game 2 if not for the d-smash mistake you made. Dunno if it would've killed (can't remember the percent I was at), but I think I should've got hit by it. Pressure gets the best of us I guess, don't worry about it, I had fun in our MM and tourney set. :D

9: logic - Wanted to play you, but it's cool. XD

9: EE - Medicine is good! ;D

9: lukkay - GGs! Game 1 of our set was definitely the most intense game I had the whole tourney! A little disappointed in myself for having to go MK game 3, I really wanted to do it with Kirby. XD

9: esoj - Good job running this tourney! :D

13: taj - GGs in our MM. Disappointed, but it definitely helped me warm up for bracket, so thanks! :D

13: serynder - Don't give up after winner's all the time. =/ You definitely could've gone through loser's like I did.

13: tant - Nice seeing you again. :D

Guys, I looked at the livestream archives and people were right, it was laggy. I'm not sure if I'll upload the livestream sets to YouTube or not, but if people want me to I will. I think I'm just gonna stick to recording from now on though, it was fun livestreaming, but it was laggy and I don't know how to configure settings on Twitch and all that.

That's all I have to say. Once again, GGs to all and I really had fun at this tourney. :D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Proud of Poyo. Good **** kiddo. As your coach you should always ask me stuff before a match.

Also nice at ****** everyone with :falco: June. I watched as people hilariously couldn't beat SHDL and Iap LOLOLOL.

And good stuff to Darkflame for beating Logic.

:018:

B0NK

Smash Lord
o shi-, this was today wasn't it..... WELP!

Maybe I'll catch the next tourney, interesting results =P

need to get a car again anyways Dx

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Were any of these matches recorded?
Livestream archive is here: http://www.twitch.tv/kawaiipoyo/b/317971784

As you can see, it's a bit laggy, I dunno why, I dunno how to adjust settings on Twitch to reduce lag so... Yeah. ^^;

I might screen record/upload these to YouTube later, but my laptop is very slow (didn't have to do with livestream lag, I used my brother's laptop for that), so I'll have to do it on the living room computer, so it could take a few days before I get to uploading these to YouTube.

But for now, if you wanna see anything, skim through the stream archives and hopefully you'll find the set you wanna see, most of the sets were played on it. XD

Coney

Smash Master
I'd really like to see the bracket. The results are kinda wtf.
IDK if the bracket was saved but here's a quick rundown:

June lost to nobody
Chu lost to June and June
Coney lost to Chu and Chu
Poyo lost to June and Coney
Boss lost to June and Poyo
Darkflame lost to Coney and Coney
Iota lost to Chu and Poyo
Aposl lost to Boss and Darkflame
Logic lost to June and Darkflame
Lukkay lost to Coney and Poyo

That addresses most of your questions i'd think

:phone:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I was being lazy on the bracket image because I barely made it home alive, we got stuck in traffic from some idiot drivers that crashed and caused a 2 mile backup on 495 and I was really tired

but here is the bracket, coney covered the important matches I suppose

http://i.imgur.com/Xl1kb.gif

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Also, the chu/boss thing was hilarious.

I feel like I just got matched up with the wrong people today, I hate diddy. Boss I shouldn't have lost especially considering the matchup. Bracket seeding was great btw (hard to not be since there were just 15 people)

The darkflame coney match was awesome.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lol I don't know how to camp without projectiles. And I can't break diddy's shield, he always has a banana in front of it. There is just something I don't understand about it unfortunately. I think I get nervous because we played friendlies right after the set and I won almost all of them. ESOJ is really good but I really want to be able to beat him and step it up to the next level.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Adderal johns. Ya'll got dunked by Poyo.

I don't even @ Junebug. Who does this dude play to stay in shape? Does he still play offline? Crazy man.

Wtf @ Logic playing Junebug 2nd round?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
They used the ideal of "june is out of practice and hasn't played for 4 months" to seed him that way, june was technically a low 9 seed and logic a 10

Not my seeding, just my computer. It wasn't that big a deal really imo

Also, June was terribad at the beginning of the day. We almost lost a teams mm to zander/iota, who played good all day but June's lucario didn't have it in him. June and I practiced for like an hour before singles started and he told me he was going to go falco because the execution was easier. He even called it out before the event began. I probably got just as close to beating his falco as anyone else did (I was taking some matches before we started the event.) June basically just needs an hour warmup with anyone and he's all set, lol.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I just don't understand how Junebug/PS were occurring at the same times as:

- EE vs. Boss
- Coney vs. Lukkay

But mmkays.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Livestream archive is here: http://www.twitch.tv/kawaiipoyo/b/317971784

As you can see, it's a bit laggy, I dunno why, I dunno how to adjust settings on Twitch to reduce lag so... Yeah. ^^;

I might screen record/upload these to YouTube later, but my laptop is very slow (didn't have to do with livestream lag, I used my brother's laptop for that), so I'll have to do it on the living room computer, so it could take a few days before I get to uploading these to YouTube.

But for now, if you wanna see anything, skim through the stream archives and hopefully you'll find the set you wanna see, most of the sets were played on it. XD
Unfortunately that livestream archive is mad skippy and pretty much unwatchable =/

Lookin forward to the youtube vids.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
The YouTube vids of this would be just as skippy though... I didn't think it'd be that bad which is why I didn't tell anyone to save replays. From now on, I'm just gonna record for YouTube instead of livestream, the stream only had 10 viewers at a time at max too, I think. =/

Top Bottom