• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Esoj and Boss present: Chu's biweekly!!!!, Falls Church, VA 5/12/12

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Uhh what seagull said lol. My result is nothing to be proud of, I won 1 set and lost 2 its the worst I've done since Apex.
I personally don't think me vs you should've been a 9th place match tbh. Don't be too upset about it, look at it this way, you lost to 3rd and 4th place. Hopefully we won't have to play early next tourney and you won't get Coney second round again (I remember you did at Lie's). But then again, I underperformed this season until this tourney, so I can't complain about my seed or anything, just glad I got to prove myself in the sets I did have. XD

From now on, I'm just gonna record for YouTube instead of livestream, the stream only had 10 viewers at a time at max too, I think. =/
Youtube > livestream

It takes more work, especially when you want to maximize video quality, but it's WORTH IT! (Only if you have at least a half decent computer)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I have to use my brother's laptop to record, my laptop can't do it.

Optimizing quality and such would probably lag **** my laptop, since it's his laptop that I used to record instead of mine, I can only use it to record then transfer the file to my laptop, I can't use his laptop for day(s) to video edit.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Youtube > livestream

It takes more work, especially when you want to maximize video quality, but it's WORTH IT! (Only if you have at least a half decent computer)
Nah...I dislike having commentary the way you use Youtube to upload vids. I prefer it to be more focused on the match and with some good music.

Optimizing quality and such would probably lag **** my laptop, since it's his laptop that I used to record instead of mine, I can only use it to record then transfer the file to my laptop, I can't use his laptop for day(s) to video edit.
Just get people to save replays and then record and upload with a capture card to youtube. That's what I do as one of Md/Va's main recorders/uploaders @_@.

:018:

How fast is your internet connection's upload speed?

It's not the recording that does all the quality magic, it's the editing. I upscale my videos to 1080p and give them high bit rates. Youtube does a lot of compression on 480p videos and does less for videos in 720p and 1080p. The magic is really more of preservation than enhancing

You could go for only enough magic. Like record in VirtualDub with DivX codec (3000 kbps, 1 quality). This will give you small video file sizes and won't demand much processing power. After they're made on your brother's computer, transferring them to your own laptop will be fast

Then after recording, in VirtualDub simply add a deinterlace filter, split, and render videos (use Xvid codec at 3000 kbps), and they'll be ready for uploading. The lower bit rate on the original recorded files will make video rendering faster

Nah...I dislike having commentary the way you use Youtube to upload vids. I prefer it to be more focused on the match and with some good music.

Just get people to save replays and then record and upload with a capture card to youtube. That's what I do as one of Md/Va's main recorders/uploaders @_@.
Commentary sucks

Recording after the tournament is dumb and takes extra forever. And it's less reliable. People forget to hit save replay and if all replays are saved, how are you going to tell tournament sets from friendlies?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Commentary sucks

Recording after the tournament is dumb and takes extra forever. And it's less reliable. People forget to hit save replay and if all replays are saved, how are you going to tell tournament sets from friendlies?
Tell them to save only tourney sets and money matches. Easy. I've never had this problem. Just put a piece of paper on the Wii that says only save tourney sets and money matches. You can always identify if they were tourney sets by just looking at the bracket or even asking them.

I always yell to save the set. I like to make my Wii the center one to save stuff. People wanna be seen. If they don't then that is up to them. I like recording entirety of sets. Recording afterward only takes a short time. I can record and upload 50-60 replays in 2 hours time. Guess I'm just a boss~.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Tell them to save only tourney sets and money matches. Easy. I've never had this problem. Just put a piece of paper on the Wii that says only save tourney sets and money matches. You can always identify if they were tourney sets by just looking at the bracket or even asking them.

I always yell to save the set. I like to make my Wii the center one to save stuff. People wanna be seen. If they don't then that is up to them. I like recording entirety of sets. Recording afterward only takes a short time. I can record and upload 50-60 replays in 2 hours time. Guess I'm just a boss~.

I'd prefer just to hook up my recording setup to a TV and have it record everything at once rather than have to pay attention to my Wii and tell people to save all tourney sets/MMs. Granted if I play on my own Wii in tourney/MMs, I'll save those replays, but I feel it'd be easier to just record everything at once then cut/edit the MMs/tourney sets out later.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I just don't understand how Junebug/PS were occurring at the same times as:

- EE vs. Boss
- Coney vs. Lukkay

But mmkays.
I pointed it out, they said it was fine and weren't changing it.
I could I've just won but eh

:phone:

Top Bottom