• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Speculate on rosters here on all points: veterans, newcomers, balances between series, number of characters, third party characters, etc...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So let's talk about Fire Emblem characters guys, specially after the magazine picture Sakurai tweeted recently , although it seems he was like "Look at pit his #1"
Yeah, that was just a popularity poll on some magazine with Sakurai's comments being how surprised he was that Pit was number 1. Still, more Fire Emblem characters would be nice, and admittedly, I would love to see the return of Roy. He deserves some love, and perhaps a more unique moveset. Although his standard B move can remain untouched, seeing as it's now unique compared to Marth's Brawl standard B.

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
The best Fire Emblem game was without a doubt FE 7 for the GBA. If they put Hector, Eliwood, or Lyn in the game, I will dedicate my life to making them top tier.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well it's a safe bet to say that all 12 characters from Smash 64 will be in this new Smash Bros., seeing as they were all available in Melee and Brawl, so it's like a must for them to be included. And yes, that includes Weegee. :luigi2:

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh, of course. I was just messing around. The original 12 is as good as confirmed.

If any melee characters made a return, I'd want it to be Roy. He's our boy after all.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
They should definitely keep Marth and Ike. Krom will be in. Lyn would be awesome too, but I doubt she'll make it.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Maybe they'll pull an awesome and stick with the name Smash Bros. Universe and have all the char's from the previous games, plus new ones.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This thread needs Geno on the first page

Geno for SM4SH

Thumps up if you agree

Edit: Dangit, I was pushed to the second page!!!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This thread needs Geno on the first page

Geno for SM4SH

Thumps up if you agree
As great as that would be, it ultimately boils down to whether Square-Enix will agree to the addition of Geno. Assuming they would want any of their characters represented in Smash 4, I would think they'd go with a Final Fantasy character over Geno first, like Cecil or Terra. That's just my guess.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The power of my fanboyism defies your logic and facts.

Besides, he's a Mario character first in everyone's eyes. Legality aside, he's even a Mario character in Nintendo's eyes

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
What are the chances of Namco/Bandai characters?

Will we finally get Pokemon vs Digimon?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Namco Bandai have there own franchises..... Naruto, Digimon and any anime character is licensed property and Namco can't use such characters in SSB. and Sakurai said it that the characters should originate from video games....

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
To Inty7: If the next Fire Emblem character must be from Rekka No Ken, it should be Hector, because he's the most important to the plot. Eliwood would be an okay substitute, seeing as he's the main character of the end game and epilogue parts, but I'm completely against making Lyndis playable because her role was basically just the tutor before the game really took off.

I'd rather Waluigi (I know him as "Fuigi") not be playable because last I checked, every character must be played as to unlock everything.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Most likely (And hopefully) it will be Pac Man if anyone

Pac man is THE video game character, other than Mario

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Digimon originated as a video game series and is owned by Namco-Bandai.

King of Digimon, Etemon-sama yo for Sm4sh.

AND WHEN IS CHRONOBOUND GOING TO MAKE THE RIDLEY THREAD.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shut up about Digimon. That's awful.

Also, I'm expecting minimal cuts (but some nonetheless), and around 12 to 15 newcomers.

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
To Inty7: If the next Fire Emblem character must be from Rekka No Ken, it should be Hector, because he's the most important to the plot. Eliwood would be an okay substitute, seeing as he's the main character of the end game and epilogue parts, but I'm completely against making Lyndis playable because her role was basically just the tutor before the game really took off.

I'd rather Waluigi (I know him as "Fuigi") not be playable because last I checked, every character must be played as to unlock everything.
Eliwood is more important than Hector....after all you can't play Hector story if you didn't beat Eliwoods...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I'd say the chances of a Namco character are very very good, but I think them choosing to represent themselves with a Digimon character is pretty unlikely.

Sorry, Oasis.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Namco Bandai have there own franchises..... Naruto, Digimon and any anime character is licensed property and Namco can't use such characters in SSB. and Sakurai said it that the characters should originate from video games....
Well it's a good thing I am referring to video game characters from a franchise owned by Namco Bandai, otherwise I'd be wrong.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The name Hector shall forever be burned in my mind as the professor from Gyromite rather than a Fire Emblem character

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't play as Eliwood. They might as well put Roy back in if they were going with a generic sword user.
A polearm wielder would add a lot more than an axe wielder.

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
If they do Hoenn Pokemon Trainer I'd prefere Mudkip-Grovyle-Blaziken (even if it is the same type-to-evolution-stage ratio as OG Pkmn Trainer. But Hoenn Pkmn Trainer is no where near my most wanted Pokemon rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom