• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Starting the threads over again, huh? Nice. My desired newcomers for SSB4 are:

Mario series
- Toad

Donkey Kong series
- Dixie Kong (or Dixie & Kiddy)
- King K. Rool
- Donkey Kong Jr. (only if the above two are in first)

Zelda series
- Tingle
- Masked Link (Deku/Goron/Zora Links with Fierce Deity Link as Final Smash)
- Impa
- Vaati
- Ganon (the pig demon from Link to the Past and Four Swords Adventures)
- Toon Zelda / Tetra (no Toon Sheik!!!!)

Metroid series
- Ridley
- Fusion Suit Samus (Ice Missiles, baby! and no Zero Suit Samus as Final Smash)

Yoshi series
- Baby Mario Bros. (Baby Mario & Baby Luigi team-up like in Partners in Time)

Kirby series
- Waddle Dee

Star Fox series
- Krystal (please try to restrain your urge to turn all Star Fox characters clones of Fox, Sakurai)

Pokemon series
- Mewtwo
- Meowth (or Team Rocket with Meowth/Arbok team and Meowth/Weezing team)
- Pokemon Trainer May with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken
- Deoxys
- Zoroark

Fire Emblem series
- Krom
- Caeda (liking the idea of her riding the pegasus as a Final Smash)

Kid Icarus series
- Palutena
- Medusa
- Magnus (only if the two goddesses get in first)

Punch-Out!! series
- Little Mac
- King Hippo

Retro characters
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Takamaru
- Muddy Mole
- Captain N (the only fourth-party character I wouldn't mind)

New characters
- Starfy
- Mii
- Captain Rainbow
- Isaac or Matthew (they are similar so I don't care which, I just would like a Golden Sun character)

Third-party characters
- Simon Belmont
- Pac-Man
- Prince of Persia
- Slime (or Slime & Chocobo)
- Mega Man

I don't expect everyone on this list to be playable. I do understand that some of them have little to no chance of getting in anyway. Although I do hope that 50% of my list makes the SSB4 roster. :awesome:

this and i would love for knuckles and tails to be in it too along with some f-zero characters

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Funny how persons think that Toad has more chances than Bowser Jr.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Mickey Mouse will be the surprise 3rd party character who no one expected. Except me, I guess.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, where was Bowser Jr. in Super Mario 3D Land? Also, it does not look like Bowser Jr. is going to be in New Super Mario Bros. U nor New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh my god what is this I don't even...

Does this mean I need to make my Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Fabulousness thread now?! @____@ *suddenly gets Mario's voice* Woo-hoo! Just what I needed!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Toad is an Iconic character who has been with the mario series since the beginning. He's very popular.
Bowser Jr. is a Bowser knock-off who's only major appearance was in the worst mario game ever made. His "fans" are actually just toad haters.
There is no contest.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well, where was Bowser Jr. in Super Mario 3D Land? Also, it does not look like Bowser Jr. is going to be in New Super Mario Bros. U nor New Super Mario Bros. 2.
Bowser Jr. is a boss in almost all of the recent games.
You can´t change this fact.

Also,Bowser Jr. WILL be in New Super Mario Bros. U,for obvious reasons.
You can´t change this fact again.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
The Mother series is so unloved, do you guys think Lucas will return?
Seems like all the people on the Lucas returning board are just trolls saying they wouldn't care to see him go LOL.
Nobody there said they want him to stay yet.
y mother y

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Seems like all the people on the Lucas returning board are just trolls saying they wouldn't care to see him go LOL.
y mother y
I wouldn't mind if they got rid of Lucas, but I won't go out on a limb and say they will.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I actually have seen him in 2. It was briefly seen in the recent nintendo direct.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Toad is an Iconic character who has been with the mario series since the beginning. He's very popular.
Bowser Jr. is a Bowser knock-off who's only major appearance was in the worst mario game ever made. His "fans" are actually just toad haters.
There is no contest.
I'm going to smack you for thinking Yoshi Island and Mario Sunshine being **** games.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Are you really arguing that Baby Bowser isn't Bowser Jr.? He's the same.. Pretty sure that's how he came to be at first.
Baby Bowser is bowser as a baby. Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son.

BSP

Smash Legend
y mother y
I wouldn't mind him going much either, but I don't think he will. Mother only has 2 reps atm, I don't think they'd drop one.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
y mother y
It's probably unloved for 2 reasons.

1. It's discontinued
2. The last edition of it was Japan-only

Funny how you're dumb.
Beat me to it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know who'd be a nice retro character to add a la Ice Climbers or Pit (when he was retro...)? Muddy Mole.

He's an old Game Boy character from the unlawfully underrated game Mole Mania. I think he stands a good shot as a retro, especially now that there's gonna be a handheld Smash.

Miyamoto even created him. Yep, same guy who made Mario, Link, and Donkey Kong. There was a rumor that Sakurai thought well of the character, and in a recent interview, someone brought him up to Sakurai along side some other retros, and Sakurai essentially responded by saying that he would try to give fair representation to older series.

Not to mention he has a plethora of tricks up his sleeves, including the ability to dig underground. This alone sets him apart from the rest of the cast.

I say he has a fair chance.

/endlongshpiel.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You know who'd be a nice retro character to add a la Ice Climbers or Pit (when he was retro...)? Muddy Mole.

He's an old Game Boy character from the unlawfully underrated game Mole Mania. I think he stands a good shot as a retro, especially now that there's gonna be a handheld Smash.

Miyamoto even created him. Yep, same guy who made Mario, Link, and Donkey Kong. There was a rumor that Sakurai thought well of the character, and in a recent interview, someone brought him up to Sakurai along side some other retros, and Sakurai essentially responded by saying that he would try to give fair representation to older series.

Not to mention he has a plethora of tricks up his sleeves, including the ability to dig underground. This alone sets him apart from the rest of the cast.

I say he has a fair chance.

/endlongshpiel.
He could be interesting. I prefer the Prince of Sable as a Game Boy rep, but Muddy Mole is good too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know who'd made a better version of Pokemon Trainer? If he wasn't 3rd party?

Little Samson

He'd be able to switch between 4 forms. Normal, which throws bells, Dragon, Which flies and breathes fire, Mouse, which lays bombs and can walk on ceilings/ up alls, and golem, which is really durable and has a reaching melee attack

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Yoshi's island was Baby bowser, not Bowser Jr.
And Sunshine is a **** game.
Sunshine didnt suck :/ Many people thought it was a great game.

Anyways, Ive heard rumors of either Blaziken and/or Zoroark replacing Lucario.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hey, I'm making a roster, and I can't decide on the 50th slot. Should I put in the Prince of Sable, or Andy from Advanced Wars?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
If were so set on retro characters I think we're forgetting some important players.

The battletoads had several appearances on Gameboy, NES, and even SNES.
By the famous game designers of Donkey Kong Country (RARE/ RAREWARE)
There whole game was a sidescrolling Beat-em-up and they had a wide plethora of moves.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, I'm making a roster, and I can't decide on the 50th slot. Should I put in the Prince of Sable, or Andy from Advanced Wars?
Well, andy has the better moveset potential if they go against the traditional.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He could be interesting. I prefer the Prince of Sable as a Game Boy rep, but Muddy Mole is good too.
Prince of Sable is pretty cool, as well. My only worry for him is Sakurai's uneasiness on adding Japanese only characters. I mean, Fire Emblem was huge in Japan, so they added it in Melee. Lucas was from an already established series. I just find it unlikely that he'd want to add Sable, being Japanese only, as well as being a Japanese only retro.

Just my opinion.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If were so set on retro characters I think we're forgetting some important players.

The battletoads had several appearances on Gameboy, NES, and even SNES.
By the famous game designers of Donkey Kong Country (RARE/ RAREWARE)
There whole game was a sidescrolling Beat-em-up and they had a wide plethora of moves.
Not a nintendo game, not the mascot of a major third party.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here are some ideas for new Retro characters. I don't support all of these, I'm just coming up with a bunch.
NES:
Little Mac
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land(
Main character of Kung Fu
Starman (Pro Wrestling)
Duck Hunt Dog

Famicom:
Sukapon
Takamaru

Game Boy:
Muddy Mole
Prince of Sable

SNES:
Lip

Other:
Sheriff

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Not a nintendo game, not the mascot of a major third party.
While I agree on the fact that there is about 0% chance of them getting into the next smash bros, ya gotta understand that back in the days of N64 they were pretty much the BEST 3rd party developers. Making Legends such as Banjo Kazooie, all the best Donkey Kong Games, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye 007. And of course who can forget there memorable female additions to Nintendo's male dominant society.

....Ya know what...on second though. Maybe Rare shouldnt have any participation in a childrens game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here are some ideas for new Retro characters. I don't support all of these, I'm just coming up with a bunch.
NES:
Little Mac
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land(
Main character of Kung Fu
Starman (Pro Wrestling)
Duck Hunt Dog

Famicom:
Sukapon
Takamaru

Game Boy:
Muddy Mole
Prince of Sable

SNES:
Lip

Other:
Sheriff
To be honest, Mac just isn't really retro anymore with the new game. He's like Pit in that sense. He's more among the ranks of Isaac, Starfy, Mii, Ray, and Saki. Continuing series, but not retro, you know? In my opinion anyway.

In other news, I say that list is pretty comprehensive of ones who have a shot. Well, except I'd throw Mach Rider up there. I don't support him, but he has a shot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
RARE's best days were the Super Nintendo.

Their 64 games were pretty meh except Banjo Kazooie and Conker

AIM0001

Smash Lord
You guys are crazy cuz Bowser Jr. would be a great character in this game. He wouldnt be clone at all. Plus just because he's not in the recent NSMB games doesnt mean he doesnt have a pretty good resume now.

Would I like Koopa kids to be a character ya but it wouldnt work because theres like 7 of them! I like those characters since I grew up playing Mario Bros. 3 and Mario World. But Bowser Jr. is definatly a great choice from the mario series along adding Waluigi and Geno if he counts.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So can we make character threads or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom