• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Radical Funky Kong Alliance of Funk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
THE RADICAL FUNKY KONG ALLIANCE OF FUNK

Originally By UBERPYRO64 Now by Cobalsh
Come on guys! Funky's the MAN! He should totally join up with DK, Diddy and K. Rool! He's got everything! Awesome cars, a gnarly bandana, and a cool set of shades! And besides he's the King of FUNK and you don't mess with that!

Now here are 10 reasons why he is likely over other DK reps (namely Dixie Kong and King K. Rool):

1. He has appeared in more DK games than Dixie Kong or King K. Rool
He has been in every DK title besides Jungle Beat and Country Returns. Dixie has been in a lot of them but not all with only Diddy Kong Racing DS being a DK title that she appeared in while Funky did not.

2. Funky was in Mario Kart Wii.
Nintendo biggest spin off series next to Super Smash Bros. Being the third rep for the title I figure that his chances shoot up because of it. Remember back in Mario Kart 64 only DK was playable and in SSB and SSBM only DK was as well. Than MKDD came out and Diddy became playable and then appeared in Brawl as well. Now Funky appears in MKWii so I figure that means he's got a big shot of being in Smash 4 because of it.

3. Moveset potential (and less potential of being a clone).
Dixie's only got her hair and besides that not much (though K. Rool has things going for him). Funky has got a slew of different things he could use. From vehicles to his Boom box he could be a unique character and a totally different Kong than DK and Diddy. He could be amazing!

4. Better and unique personality.
Dixie seems like a girly, and more curious version of Diddy (though again K. Rool has things going for him). Funky has got a whole different personality. He's got that cool, calm, collected vibe that we don't have yet in Smash so he would fit perfectly.

5. More relevant.
Mario Kart Wii is the most recent game he has been in (2008). Dixie's and King K. Rool's most recent is Barrel Blast (2007). Only one year difference but considering how Barrel Blast's reception was and the fact that Funky was in that too I'm pretty sure that makes Funky more relevant.

6. Recently Appeared in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze was big because it brought back some Kongs we know and love. Like Funky, for example. This recent appearance probably seals him into the DK franchise forever.

And here's a moveset!
AAA: Pimp slaps the air in front of himself thrice.
Side A: Jackhammers. (As in, and two armed downwards thrust)
Up A: Claps his hands once above him.
Down A: His down A is not an attack, persay, but a way for him to dodge high attacks.
Side Smash: Does a front flip and lands with a solid punch.
Up Smash: Smacks with his surfboard.
Down Smash: Imitates DK's ground pound, only with less range and power.

Specials
B: Artillery- Funky uses a gun from Donkey Kong 64. His options are:
Feather Crossbow: Tiny's weapon of choice, it does the smallest amount of damage but has the most range.
Grape Shooter: Lanky's favorite gun, this shoots a burst of three in a straight line, although one alone doesn't do that much damage.
Coconut Shooter: It has good damage and good range, enough to get the job done. Good think DK loaned it to him!
Pineapple Launcher: The most damaging, it deals explosive damage. It is the least likely to appear, however.

Side B: Surfboard- A simple surfboard smack. However, there is a chance it will Pitfall an opponent.

Up B: Barrel Blast- Funky straps on his rocket barrels and gains free flight for about six.

Down B: Sqawks- Funky releases the classic parrot to retrieve items or players.

Final Smash: Barrel Jet: Funky's Barrel Jet appears in the background and shoots- guess what- Barrels. Some are explosive, some are normal, yet some trap opponents inside them. If you look closely in the cockpit, you might even see Chunky flying the plane! Funky has free movement and can not be hurt by anything barrel-oriented during this time.

So join this alliance today!

Smashboards Alliance Members (18):
UberPyro64
gothrax
Pieman0920
Grim Tuesday
MasterWarlord
Sol Diviner
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
Lucidthought
BKupa666
GoldenYuiitusin
Davidreamcatcha
Lucidthought
asia_catdog_blue
Frostwraith
SuperNintendoBoy812
bombers14
BirthNote
samusrules93
Cobalsh

And before you go, here's a rad gallery of the rad Kong!

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
1. He has appeared in more DK games than Dixie Kong or King K. Rool
He has been in every DK title besides Jungle Beat and Country Returns.
So he's been in exactly as many DK games as K. Rool then.

2. Funky was in Mario Kart Wii.
This may not be all that relevant, but I felt like bringing it up just for the sake of bringing it up. Whenever I hear discussion about Mario Kart Wii, Funky Kong seems to be -loathed-. He and the Flame Runner are the universally best combination to pick, with people constantly hating on people who pick him.

More relevant.
Mario Kart Wii is the most recent game he has been in (2008). Dixie's and King K. Rool's most recent is Barrel Blast (2007). Only one year difference but considering how Barrel Blast's reception was and the fact that Funky was in that too I'm pretty sure that makes Funky more relevant.
If quantity of spin-off appearances are what make you more relevant (Much less Mario spin-offs, not DK spin-offs), I think you should look into the Waluigi thread.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
All I can imagine is Funky yelling, "WHOO HOO!", "HOP NAWT!", "YO!", "AAAHAA!", "DA SHAW!", "OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLAY!" while jumping and running across the stage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last I've checked, Funky Kong dislikes adventuring. Also, here's an image of him, just to help improve the primary post...

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I approve of this thread. If we're getting a clone as the fourth DK rep, it ought to be of DK himself rather than of Diddy.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I'd rather see the Funky Monkey over Dixie, but K. Rool comes first.
And even then, I'd rather see Cranky than Funky.

Lucidthought

Banned via Warnings
except k. rool would be way better than funky...i don't even want him in there unless he's in over dixie.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
except k. rool would be way better than funky...i don't even want him in there unless he's in over dixie.
I support both Funky Kong and King K. Rool and DK having 4 reps. Trust me it we push a lot he's bound to be in! Once we reach 50 members total (not counting doubles who are in both Gamefaqs and Smashboards) we will find a good translator person and send messages to Sakurai on his twitter. Nothing might happen of this but we are only trying to put the idea in his head. If he doesn't think it's good than that's it. But if he does and he's in think of the all the Funky fans will be chearing! Or angry if he gets in over King K. Rool lol. We'll see though!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Well, at best, he could have most of Donkey's moves. Name;y from the source games and DK Forward Smash Attack for the first smash.

I mean, Funky did have Donkey's body structure.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Is there a funky moveset anywhere? Cuz for some reason i always imagine him with a surfboard?

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
hm... why are people claiming Funky to be a DK clone? he doesn't have to be if there's enough creativity. I see him having... er, funky moves to battle.

I remember playing as him in Mario Kart Wii, and I wouldn't mind having him in SSB4.
but there are two obstacles in his inclusion: Dixie Kong and King K. Rool.
K. Rool is important: he's to DK like Bowser is to Mario.

if we get only one DK newcomer, expect him to be K. Rool. if we DO get two newcomers... then it's possible to have Funky, even though it's more likely that Dixie gets in.

he was a popular character in Mario Kart Wii, so it may count something.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@UberPyro64: Just to let you know, we have our own opinions on who we support. So just because we posted here doesn't necessarily mean that we support Funky Kong.

SuperNintendoBoy812

Smash Rookie
you can count me in! besides the potential weapons you said, he also supplied the DK Crew with weapons in DK Country 64 so who says he can't use some of his own right?:cool:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This guy is totally next in line as far as the DK series goes. plus he had a mario kart appearance. if DK gets another character, my money's on funky

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I want this so bad. While Funky's not my favorite DK character, he's definitely second place and I don't see Lanky Kong ever becoming anything aside from maybe an assist trophy. Go Funky, yo

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
In the Anna thread we were talking about the possibility of a battle between merchants in SSB4. Tom Nook vs. Anna vs. Happy Mask Salesman vs. Funky Kong. Sakurai, make it happen!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This thread is so close to reaching a second page.

Come on, Funky...Don't stop, keep movin'! Let your body do the brain work!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Funky is god! I wonder if the owner of this thread is still here, because I WANT IT!

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Funky Kong have a new art of DK Tropical Freeze, he will be the owner of the item shop.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Good to see Funky is in Tropical Freeze!

I'm glad he of all of Kongs was given a role in that game, and I still hope to see more Kongs return as well.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Good to see Funky is in Tropical Freeze!

I'm glad he of all of Kongs was given a role in that game, and I still hope to see more Kongs return as well.
Maybe they increase the number of Kongs used from one game to another. At least it's the case from DKCR to DKC:TF. Maybe a third installment made by Retrostudios will have more Kongs and maybe even K.Rool and the Kremlings in there :DD

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe they increase the number of Kongs used from one game to another. At least it's the case from DKCR to DKC:TF. Maybe a third installment made by Retrostudios will have more Kongs and maybe even K.Rool and the Kremlings in there :DD
I'd really hope so. Espescially for K. Rool and the Kremlings.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
BUMP! My favorite video game character is Funky, and I'll soon be the owner of this thread, so there will be more updates in the future, including a full moveset!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom