• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Radical Funky Kong Alliance of Funk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
BUMP! This thread has now been slightly changed, all I'm willing to do since I've been up all night. But support icons, roster maker icons, music and more are coming soon! Stay funky, Smashboards.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I see a failed opportunity with the naming of this thread. What's wrong with "We Want the Funk! We Gotta That Funky Kong"?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I see a failed opportunity with the naming of this thread. What's wrong with "We Want the Funk! We Gotta That Funky Kong"?
I just got this thread from someone else, and am considering a new title. But I'll list this one, because you made me laugh so I hard I spit out milk.:rotfl:

Last edited:

BillE

Smash Cadet
Although this thread is extremely inactive throw me on the supporters list

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Funky Kong's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
Forget those other DK characters! Funky has always been the coolest. The guy wears a wife beater, and obviously smells really bad as his name suggests. Funky Kong doesn't care what you think of him, he's gonna punch your face in.

Funky would be best as a clone of Donkey Kong, not many development resources invested, but a new twist on an old favorite.

A few clone mechanic changes (all based off DK's moveset):

Side + B - Breaks barrel with his head, similar to Charizard rock smash. Variable knockback.
Neutral + B - At full charge, lunges forward a few steps with punch. No super armor, higher end lag.
Down + B - Horizontal knockback.

FAIR - Always spikes, faster motion.
Dair - Upward knockback, faster motion (like sheik).
Down Smash - Horizontal knockback.

Less power, but slightly faster than DK in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom