• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lloyd Irving, badass DUAL wielder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginamudkipz

Smash Cadet
Unlike the common sword user, he has 2 swords which would make him unique in gameplay and style. Large moveset to choose from the serie,

Here's Some idea's:
Tempest/Psy Tempest, recover move.
Lloyd start to spin in the air swinging his swords in a 360 degree radius while moving horizontally (slilghtly upward)
Could be instant such as marth's up b. The attack drag the Oponnent with Lloyd and then lightly project the enemy away when Lloyd hit the ground or give his last hit.(this would prevent counter attacks).

Neutral B: Demon fang! (tap twice)Double Demon Fang!
the technique throws an energy waves that follows the ground like pikachu thundershock.
May not be usable in the air.

Neutral a: vertical strike, vertical strike, two slashes , Swordrain!(nostalgy)
The two first strike makes Lloyd move forward, stops and spin on himself for two low damage hit and finish up with multiples sword trusts that can be chained for he desired amount of time( like link or kirby last neutral a move)

Fsmash: (Sonic Thrust!)Full charge( Super Sonic Thrust!)
Lloyd starts to charge up a heavy and damaging thrust that makes Lloyd step forward.Would be a slow attack but with huge rewarding damage and great kill potential. However, the frame to recover from the move would make him vulnerable. The closer the target is from Lloyd, the harder it would hit.

Side b:
On ground( Beast!)
A two hit attack that first lowly hit the enemy with his shoulder for a few frames to give the move the ability to be chained, then unleashes a huge roar in front of Lloyd. Enemy hit this way are pushed on the ground ( like ganondorf side b ). The frame to recover from this move would be long enough to let the oponnent do a counter attack, but short enough for Lloyd to get the upper hand if it hits

In the air ( Rising Falcon!)
Fierce dash toward the ground diagonaly. Lloyd envlopt himself in fire taking the form of a phoenix taking enemy stuck in the attack to the ground. If the enemy hit the ground, he his projected close in the air for a chainable combo, if Lloyd finishes his attack on the edge and the enemy are still in the air, the enemy would continue to drop, but could react instantly as it was a light meteor move.

Down b: ( Guardian (Lvl3) )
Lloyd surround himself with protective energy to block incoming assaults
Reflect damages but don't knockback, breaks upon multiple usages, a lot faster than shield breaks. can be used as an interupt during a move such as charging a smash. Lloyd would stop charging the attack and reflect any incoming offense(basicly, the guardian shield would be instant, and could even be used to remove any lags a move could produce). It would act like a power shield but would break after two or three repetitive usages. If the shield breaks, Lloyd would be in a confused state for a free hit or kill . Attacks with extreme high power(Dk's punch, ganon's punch, falcon punch, Full charged ike's neutral b, etc...) would shatter it instantly. The duration could be extremely very long so the opponent could profit of it by charging high damaging strikes to shatter it. A shattering shield would not reflect damage.The move would be highly rewarding, but highly punishable.

F aerial : (Tiger Blade!)
Lloyd Swings his two swords in front of him . The first strike start down and swings upward , his second strike goes the other way. The two strikes are done one after the other. The enemy hit by the second strike would be projected downard but would act as a really light meteor. recovering from this move would be instant.
The attack would be frame safe enabling Lloyd to chain another move to heighten the pressure or react properly.

The character could be based of giving an hard time to the enemy by enduring multiple light meteor moves, obliging the enemy to think fast and try not to expose himself too much while recovering . Lloyd could blur his enemy by either fast strikes, high mobility attacks and forcing the opponent dodging constant ground range attacks. His reflective shield would make some character cautious not to get trapped by a punishing counter. Being a sword user, he would have mid range attacks giving the upper hand over full melee character.

Tales of symphonia is maybe the greatest RPG of the GC serie ( along with paper mario 2 IMO) and made the the gamers afternoon worth something for a lot of us
don't let a such epic character miss his chance of being in the game! Support Lloyd by posting and add him on rosters!

I have to admit though, the movesets were lacking definitions
Feel free to support this thread by posting images, gifs and movesets idea's!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A character has epic as Lloyd does not deserve such a pitiful support thread. beef it up and make it happen!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The thread is sort of lacking. Shouldn't he be in the Namco thread, or does that work differently? I think I remember the KOS MOS thread being merged with it, but then again the Pac Man one isn't. I'm confused...

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Some idea's:
Tempest/Psy Tempest, recover move.
Neutral B: Demon fang! (tap twice)Double Demon Fang!
Neutral a: vertical strike, vertical strike, two slashes , Swordrain!(nostalgy)
Fsmash: (Sonic Thrust!)full charge( Super Sonic Thrust!)
Side b: on ground( Beast!) in aerial ( Rising Falcon!)
Down b: ( Guardian (Lvl3) ) (Reflect amage but no knockback, breaks upon multiple usages, faster than shield breaks can be used as an interupt)
F aerial : (Tiger Blade!)
other than the double tap for double demon fang this is pretty gross. Lloyd should be in the game but needs a much better support thread for this... also no mentioning of the biggest character project on these boards for customized brawl content as a show of his fan base? tisk tisk.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Better than it was is it?
Much better, but lloyd has much better move set options,
Specials
B- demon fang, tap for double (I like this idea)
^B- Psi Tempest (It gets more verticle/horizontal)
<B>- Rising Phoenix (Beast would be awk. When I hit >B I want to move that way, not stop)
VB- Guardian (Basically reflects all projectiles, not physical skills though. like fox)
Smashes
<A>- Beast (it fits better here, when I charge a >A I want to blast the opponent away)
^A- Tigerblade (with proper timing have it go twin tiger blade)
VA- Sword Rain

As for sonic thrust, make it a tilt.

Final smash? Falcons Crest

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Lloyd is the main character from the Tales game most associated with Nintendo(as well as the Most popular game IIRC), so if a Tales character were to appear it should be Lloyd.

Good luck trying to wield two swords AND being able to fire the Super Scope.
Maybe have him lose the dual blade functionality on some of his moves while holding an item? Or have him use that item in place of his sword. Hm...

Ginamudkipz

Smash Cadet
Much better, but lloyd has much better move set options,
Specials
B- demon fang, tap for double (I like this idea)
^B- Psi Tempest (It gets more verticle/horizontal)
<B>- Rising Phoenix (Beast would be awk. When I hit >B I want to move that way, not stop)
VB- Guardian (Basically reflects all projectiles, not physical skills though. like fox)
Smashes
<A>- Beast (it fits better here, when I charge a >A I want to blast the opponent away)
^A- Tigerblade (with proper timing have it go twin tiger blade)
VA- Sword Rain

As for sonic thrust, make it a tilt.

Final smash? Falcons Crest
The idea's is nice, the only thing i might agree is the sword rain though... Beast kinda looks spetacular, so having it as a smash is kinda too much, all smash in every game arent amazing or special, they're all somewhat neutral. (even ness with psi powers uses his baseball bat) so having a simple trust is surely a good bet.

so it remains that beast must be in his move pool and can't be a tilt. Thats why i though of it as a special move.However , making the move a simple killing move wasn't great since Special moves usually has his ...well.... special properties! So i though of the original game Beasts properties and remembered that enemy hit where always droped on the floor! making the move senses and possibilities of great reading or great positioning capacity. Way more interesting that just knocking an oponent
And you said that stop moving during a side b is awkward, well a lot of side b simply stop you (dk, bowser, mario)
So my problem was the rising phoenix (or falcon i don't remember) .
It is Lloyd signature move and could make something different putting it on a special move along with another, depending the position Lloyd's in.This might make the character suprising and new.

Guardian, must be different, there is already so much reflective shield in the game, and Guardian never had the actual property to reflect ranged attacks, it was to reduce damage from a enemy hit(in tales). I'm might be wrong, but i think it can shatter in if you take on a heavy hit. Simply blocking a move would make it somewhat useless except if it does like Olimar super armor whistle (which could be good).

I can't see tiger blade as a up smash, or anything less than an aerial, in the game , (tales) Tiger blade makes your character jump, unles it is a tilt , an aerial would be simply representative.

Tempest, I added Psy tempest but already so many swordmans goes upward, (marth, link, toon link, ike, meta knight and kirby, if you consider is up specials a sword) a simple tempest might be bad, but different. and having the move horizontaly will simply make it usable in combat without being scared of counter attacks. An escape move or a repositioning.

I just mostly reffered to the original game for the short list of move i made, the rest of the moves remained for me hard to pick, i just took the ones i remembered the most

Oh and having his Hi-ougi as a final smash is definately the thing to do ;)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Will he have an Eternal Sword glitch move in his moveset? :p J/k, though I support Lloyd, even if he's not my most preferred character from Symphonia.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aah, at these times I wish we could have like multiple characters from that game. Oh, how much I would do get Genis Sage be playable!

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I really wouldn't mind Lloyd. While I want to see more weapons then just swords, dual wield would be pretty cool. Any he looks cool so I'm down.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
yeah all those lloyd nominations were mine lol, for those of you who were wondering or cared, he didn't do well lol.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It was probably in part because not too many people here have played ToS. I don't go out of my way to post in that rate their chances thread that much though, so meh.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I prefer Lloyd to several other Namco characters and one of the directors for smash said they'd love for a tales character to be in so I think his likely hood is rather high.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If NamcoBandai does get to add their own character(s) in SSB4, I would like it to be Lloyd Irving, along with Cless Alvein, the main character of the very first Tales game, Tales of Phantasia.

I might make a Lloyd move set and post it here for the fun of it, though probably not very soon.

Amatosk

Smash Rookie
I'd really like to see Lloyd be in Smash. He has the moves, he has a good reason to be in the game (Namco helping out with the game) and I really think he'd fit in well.
I just wish this thread made Lloyd a little more appealing, I mean, sure, he's a badass, but wouldn't calling Lloyd the Eternal Swordsman (Isn't that his signature title from the game, when he gets the Eternal Sword?) spice this thread up a little?
As for Cress, as much as I'd like to see him in the game too, Phantasia's weak popularity, especially compared to Symphonia amongst the Tales games makes me think he's a lot less likely... Would be nice to see him as an Assist Trophy though. Maybe he could do varying attacks every time he's summoned, with a small chance of Dark Blade (His Mystic Arte) happening if the player's taken a lot of damage before summoning him?
Speaking of Tales assist trophies, other Symphonia characters could make good trophies too. Kratos could alternate between magic, if his target is too far away, or melee abilities if his target is close, possibly using Shining Bind? Genis could be casting spells all over the place anyway, Raine could heal the Assist Trophy user a bit, using different spells to heal different amounts (First Aid heals 20%, Nurse heals 50%, Revitalize heals 100% etc.). ...And Zelos could run over and flirt with whatever opposing female character is on the stage! No female characters = Zelos acts similar to Kratos, but uses different abilities, eg. Kratos might use Demon Fang and Light Spear Cannon, Zelos will use Sonic Thrust and Hell Pyre.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yoo, bumping up this thread to bring this interesting issue up:

Tales of Symphonia Remake/Sequel For The Wii U?

From what I've seen it seems a possibility for a ToS-remake or even another sequel has been suggested during conversation between voice actors of ToS OVA and Makoto Yoshimizu and they briefly spoke could it be on Wii U. Also because it'll be soon 10 years since the first game was released, making it an anniversary release.

I kinda can feel Lloyd's chances rocketing up to realistic chances if all this actually happens (in an expense of yet another mediocrely received sequel, or maybe a HD remake).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Tales of Symphonia getting a remake on the Wii U would be okay, but getting a sequel would be better though.

Lloyd in Super Smash Bros. is still very iffy though. I cant just shake off the feeling of a third party character not being able to bring in the hype like Sonic or being able to standout like Snake. It's one of those third party choices that I feel won't be worth it, but at the same time I wouldn't reject completely.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lloyd in smash would make my year.

Just not so sure if this would be the Namco candidate of choice.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If the remake happens, that will likely lead to Lloyd leading the charge for Namco representation. Imo, no character will meet the hype that Sonic did, with Mega Man coming in as a close second.

Lloyd seems like the more interesting choice for Namco in general to me though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Habanero: Like Scoliosis said, I don't think anyone would hit the same par of excitement as Sonic. Unless Pac Man breaks that mold. (-l´l-);

And to be honest, I could even myself find it out-of-place if Lloyd was the only Namco-rep in Smash. I'd either see him WITH Pac-Man only or none (or Pac Man only which seems most likely) I dunno, but I bet the result would be mixed or even if badly received at best if he was the only rep.

Speaking of Pac Man, I actually used to be even Pac Man > Lloyd-type of supporter (because of relevancy and "HOW WOULD TALES-series be added in Smash") before but later on when I noticed Pac didn't really leave that much of an impression of being a fighter, that's where I started to take bit more look in Lloyd by clearing ToS after finding it in my house (and I used to hate it). Lloyd felt much interesting to think in Smash than Pac and after hearing one of the directors of the Tales-series working on Smash, it's clear why I'm being in the Lloyd-bandwagon now.

Cless Alvein would be nice too, but he seems less likely. Still deserves to be in too due being the first protagonist in Tales-series.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've never played the "Tales of" games. I really wanted to, because I feel like i'd really like it. Maybe they will release a remake for the Wii U, or maybe have it on Wii Ware or something. Hopefully...

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Eh, lloyd< Pac-Man in my defense. And Pac still is more nostalgic and world-wide popular. And for the people who say his moveset is bare, look at every game he has instead of just the original. Pacman world series and Pacman 2. Hammer, grappling hook, butt-bounce, rev-roll, shall I continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom