• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCon: Summer Edition - TASOL 2012 - Slidell, LA 7/15/12

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
SmashCon was a complete success! Everything ran smooth, fun was to be had, and people were left salty. I can't wait for the vids to come up, shoutouts to AlabamaSmashLeague for their professional setup to get matches saved, you guys are amazing! I look forward to seeing you guys come back to Louisiana, and hopefully more OoS'ers in the future!

Note: 20% of the pot from all games except Brawl was taken out for SmashCon to use for future events, expenses, etc.
BOLD = Out of State players

Brawl Results
38 entrants, $15 entry

[COLLAPSE="Pools"]Pool 1

Sync and Cam had a tiebreaker for 1st/2nd, Sync won 2-0.

Pool 2

Gunner and Hyro had a tiebreaker for 1st/2nd, Hyro won.

Pool 3

Okuser and Eric had a tiebreaker for 3rd/4th, Okuser won.

Pool 4

Bomber, Sarah, and Toi had tiebreakers for 2nd/3rd/4th, Bomber got 2nd, Toi got 3rd.

Pool 5

Pool 6
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1: Kismet [GA] :falco: $340 + $100 WHOBO stipend
2: JNig :warioc: $170 + $50 pot bonus
3: Sync [TX] :olimar: $60
4: BSP :luigi2: :mario2: :falco:
5: Mar :diddy:
5: Cam [AL] :pikachu2:
7: Ryker [AL] :falco: :ike:
7: Hyro :toonlink:
9: Adam :dk2: :diddy:
9: M3t [AL] :gw:
9: Gunner :pikachu2:
9: Okuser :snake:
13: Curlz :rob: :zerosuitsamus:
13: Bomber :pt: :toonlink:
13: Mason [MS] :wolf:
13: Dave1 :ness2: :zerosuitsamus:
17: gol toi504 :snake:
17: Kills w/ Fang :olimar:

Melee Results
24 entrants, $10 entry

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1: Icy Martini ($120.00)
2: 007-Jake ($48.00)
3: Brizz ($24.00)
4: Mura
5: James
5: ****sterbater
7: Kevin Branton
7: TAE
9: Ryker
9: Flemming
9: Alvin
9: Pingding
13: Sane
13: Jimmy
13: DJ iRock
13: Alex
17: Mike Tran
17: HOCH
17: Dylan
17: Omish Guy
17: Eli
17: Oaky
17: Chris
17: Mr Extraordinary

Smash 64 Results
10 entrants, $10 entry

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1: Justin ($50.00)
2: Mura ($20.00)
3: Erick ($10.00)
4: Matt
5: George
5: Chris M
7: Lance
7: BDP
9: Bomber
9: Sgt. Pepper

Mario Kart Wii Results
15 entrants, $5 entry

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1: BSP ($29.25)
2: Cows ($11.00)
3: Sarah ($5.50)
4: Joseph
5: Pingding
5: DJ iRock
7: Eli
7: Sgt. Pepper
9: Runninggun235
9: M3t
9: Ryker
9: Ty lambert
13: Mike
13: Dave1
13: Justin

Mortal Kombat Results
10 entrants, $10 entry

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1: Eklectic ($45.00)
2: Slim 504 ($18.00)
3: Malcolm X ($9.00)
4: 3 Pieces of Bread
5: Rob
5: gol toi504
7: Omish Guy
7: Mr Extraordinary
9: Dustin
9: June

SSFIVAE2012 Results
6 entrants, $10 entry

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1: gol toi504 ($30.00)
2: Wyatt ($12.00)
3: Saykin ($6.00)
4: Julius
5: Johnathon
5: Kevin

UMVC3 Results
10 entrants, $10 entry

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1: Icy Martini
2: Stefan
3: Lional
4: gol toi504
5: Saykin
5: Chris Tran
7: Ricky
7: Wyatt
9: The Motivation
13: Julius

Okuser

Smash Ace
first. shoutouts soon.

1: Kismet Congratulations on first. It was nice to meet you and I had fun with our games in pools, wish I would've taken that game off you on rainbow cruise haha

2: JNig very impressive play. had fun playing with you at ericks and all that!

3: Sync It was a pleasure meeting you. Olimars ****ing ridiculous and you play him so well.

4: BSP We unfortunatley did not get to play. Congratulations on 4th, I am extremely impressed by that.

5: Mar Didn't get to play you. All I can say is fuuuuuuuuu for knocking sync into losers. I would've much rathered play your diddy than his olimar :p

5: Cam Why u no mm me. And we didn't get to play each other in bracket either, such a shame.

7: Ryker Didn't really see you play or anything or get to meet you. Glad your crew came out to this though.

7: Hyro Didn't get to play you either!!! I feel like it would've been an interesting match. Damn dude you ****in wrecked gunner, I feel like you shouldn't have lost to cam though.

9: Gunner dat kismet match.

9: Okuser I don't know if seeding for bracket was determined by pools, but I'm guessing it was and I'm really mad at myself now haha. I SHOULD NOT have been ****ing around in pools, I realize now I have to play 100% all of the time or I will get the ****tiest bracket placement imaginable.

13: Curlz GG's, had fun playing with you at ericks, good job TO'ing and all that.

13: Dave1 Very nice Ness dude, don't know if you're on smashboards but I've played you a few times now at differnet tournaments and I'm pretty impressed.

17: Kills w/ Fang Nice toon link!!

@Smash-Con and the TO's- Very solid tournament, good job guys, two things though...
-Never host another MK banned tournament again
-Never host another tournament without Brawl Doubles being a main event, FIND time for it.

BSP

Smash Legend
Take :sonic: off for me and put :falco:

Also, I got 29.25$ I think the payout was custom, but not inputted into TIO for some reason.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Since you said that BSP:

Everyone, please correct me on any character/payout errors that I may have made.

Also, shoutouts later, gotta get back in the swing of things first.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kills W/Fangs played me with Olimar in Winner's round one. Curlz played me with ZSS on game two in pools.

Shoutouts when I've got time to type.

BSP

Smash Legend
You gotta take :sonic: off for me though. I don't think I won a single match with him.

Shoutouts when I'm not feeling lazy.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Here's my load ocean of shoutouts salt.

Jnig- I just realized we didn't get to play, I was going to try and call you out for our classic Wario vs PT match. Definitely next time we meet good sir. It was a pleasure working with you.

Curlz- It was also a pleasure working with you. Though all the delays it was amazing that we ended Brawl with plenty time to spare. Don't worry about all the grief Lee gave you, he was just acting a like a salty 3 year old. Standing by the rules as always the right choice for a TO to make, remember that. Hope to play you soon, I want to see how my TL and PT fair against your MK.

Ryker- You are crazy as hell and it was an honor meeting you. I will definitely see you in September at y'alls Mobile tournament. Those few matches we played few really fun, I look forward to playing you more. Our team battle was so entertaining. It was a great way to end the night.

Cam- thanks a million for recording for us and showing me how everything works. All I need is the program that you put on the SD cards, so when you get the chance, send it to me please. We didn't get to play but I definitely want to play you next time we meet, Pikachu is an MU I want to develop experience on.

M3T- Thank you so much for the stream. I didn't realize until it was too late that the internet connection died, but at least we had something. Your G&W destroyed me which it was to be expected. I hope to play you more especially in the future because G&W (next to Diddy) is one of my worst MUs.

Gunner- We had some close matches there. You better step up your game because I'm coming for that pikachu.

Sarah- I know we play a lot and you and David have helped me improve quite a bit. I'm hoping just as you guys have pushed on me to get better, I can do the same for you guys. Your Marth still tips ridiculously well. You're still the best Marth this side of the Mississippi. Congratz on Mario Kart.

Cows- I'm gonna whip your pikachu into shape. Next time, you are going to make it out of pools. Also, those team battles too good.

Kismet- Speaking of team battles. I hope you weren't too salty after those 3 Ganon-sides. You and Ryker definitely help me conclude my night with a bang. We didn't get to play, but I want to play your Falco next time we meet so I can get some experience. My strict opinion about your Falco is that it's super insane.

KitKat- MM? :troll:

BSP- It was nice seeing you again. Even though we didn't play it was still nice to see you were able to make it.

Mar- Still the best diddy. We need to play more, I need to learn the Diddy, MU.

Sync- It was an pleasure to finally meet you. If enough people travel to HOBO some time later during the year, I'll try to work something out to come. I've never been to Texas and I know the community there is on a whole different level. I would definitely want to get a taste of that. I also want more of that Olimar experience so I hope to see you more often. Thanks for coming out, you represented your state well.

I hope to see all you guys at Winter Smashcon. Tell your friends about us. Thanks for coming by and I'm glad you guys had fun.

Edit: @ Jnig throw on TL next to PT. I found myself using them about evenly throughout Smashcon. Thank you. Also, how did I get 4th in my pool when I snagged a second seed? ._.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Results for Project M?
5 entrants. Round robin. I took second. An Ike player took first. A Sheik third. A Peach player took fourth. A G&W took 5th.

I was playing Link and Mario until I lost to an Ike, again, and then got salty and just played Falco.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Ah thanks for reminding me Bomber. Tio automatically puts places on people, even if ties occur. I'll make sure to get that cleared up.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Thank you for the recording **** AL. Also I'm glad y'all recognize JNig's godliness :).

Sync is ****ing awesome and Kismet is ****ing cool.
More to come later, just saw this thread on my phone etc.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
1: Kismet [GA] :falco: $340 + $100 WHOBO stipend

Calvin should give me that WHOBO stipend so that I can drive the people who didn't get Megabus **** settled.

Real talk though, I knew there was a reason we brought you. Good stuff man. I had a lot of fun with you and am glad you came. Learned a good deal from talking with you on that ride and watching you play.

2: JNig :warioc: $170 + $50 pot bonus

Said it in the LA thread, but I'm thoroughly impressed. You're a great guy too, from all I've seen. I want to see you traveling and succeeding. Good luck, bro.

3: Sync [TX] :olimar: $60

You were a lot of fun to be around. Congrats on third. I really hope to see you again. Look me up at WHOBO and this time, when we play, I won't just see your secondaries.

4: BSP :luigi2: :mario2: :falco:

Holy jesus. Did not expect that Mario. Your Luigi did well, but I was confident I could run the set back after game one if you stayed. I thought you had left FD open so you could play Sonic or the ditto, both of which I was comfortable with seeing. I certainly did not expect Mario and it showed.

5: Cam [AL] :pikachu2:

That's my boy. You and I are going places, and I will not be left behind.

7: Ryker [AL] :falco: :ike:

Seventh out of forty in a new environment? Not bad for a guy who SDed three times in one game two weeks ago.

7: Hyro :toonlink:

GGs after the tourney. Sorry that I was down to only a big bill after bracket. I would be perfectly willing to MM you any time I see you in the future. Playing you was a lot of fun. I know you disappeared from the scene for awhile, but stick with it. I enjoyed watching your sets. Do something with those replays, I want to see you improve as well.

9: M3t [AL] :gw:

You and I should never play in tournament. Ever.

13: Curlz :rob: :zerosuitsamus:

Thank you for helping run the event and for being understanding when I had been playing tourney matches the entire day and needed to run to Subway and back. Playing you was frightening, to be honest. You started both games strong, but didn't adjust when I adjusted. Both of the characters you played have a hard time in the match-up. That said, your ROB was better than I expected it to be, to be honest. I never expect a ROB to be able to challenge me at all if he doesn't have a name because one of the smarter players I've ever played mains ROB. I think you could overcome that match-up with some work, but understand why you would not. It sucks that I'm going to always disagree with you on the MK issue.

13: Bomber :pt: :toonlink:

Thank you so much for everything at this event. I had a GREAT time, in no small part thanks to you. If you ever host another event like this, let me know and I'll try my best to be there.

17: Kills w/ Fang :olimar:

If you get discouraged over our set, I will hunt you down. Falco is one of the best characters in the game at dealing with Olimar and it was compounded with some of the most bull**** luck I've seen. It is my professional opinion that you can go somewhere if you try.

Mura

Nice to meet you, man. Didn't get to see you for long, but it's good to put a face with the name.

@Smashcon - Keep doing what you're doing. There were some setbacks, but the problems I saw, I addressed there. Take what you've learned here and improve. You've got something great, so don't blow it. Keep working on making it better and better. As far as the MK legal stuff goes, **** the haters, as long as you guys are hosting MK Banned, I'll be back with whoever I can bring. I had a ball and am looking to do so again in the future.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Calvin keeping it clean. Good stuff, buddy.

Hope you gave him a run for his money, JNig. Wario bros forever.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to see the matches uploaded

:phone:
Me too! GOOD **** to AL/GA. Good stuff, Calvin. Wish I coulda been there--all those events in one tournament would have had to make it awesome. I want to get back(?) into the Melee scene, as well as possibly project M. I wish I had played Melee competitively when it was much bigger back in the day, but I'm still happy to see people still playing it now. I'm coming out of the closet for Melee haha.

Anyways, looks like it was a fun tournament, and hope to see those matches online!

kismet2

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

1: Kismet - you aight
2: JNig - very intense games. your wario is plays differently than what i'm used to and that's a good thing haha
3: Sync - i'm very sorry that i didn't get to play you =( but fortunately we can get some games in on whobo weekend <3
4: BSP - i'm glad that i got the chance to play against you but we didn't play enough games XD we'll definitely get more in next time
5: Mar - yoooo your diddy goes in haha and you're definitely good keep it up
5: Cam - <3 good stuff john. you're improving whether you think so or not. also thank you again for going out of your way to pick me up.
7: Ryker - did you choke? because you looked like you knew how to play the game
7: Hyro - it was cool seeing you again man and ggs i'm glad that you're getting back into the scene
9: M3t - =( i guess it was bound to happen but that was pretty early lol ggs and was fun to have you around
9: Gunner - you're really good at the chaingrab and even though it didn't show i was thinking "WTF" when you were able to chaingrab me so well from under 25% XD ggs, awesome set
9: Okuser - don't hold back on these people man you're pretty good and looking forward to playing you some more at whobo
13: Curlz - hit me up when you guys do your road to apex trip, seriously. it'll be cool chill and play.
13: Bomber - dude i'm still washing it off! haha but i'll never be salty enough to not have fun and very fun games
13: Dave1 - you definitely know what you're doing man go to more tournaments and ****

and shoutouts to the ohana pier peeps i'll try to get spread the word about you guys, you're pretty legit.

@Luis thanks buddy and i got you ;)

@Ben yeah you should've came. come to the next tournament and i'll forgive you

@Joe i had to work pretty hard with the people i played in bracket lol

@Ally thanks man <3 looking forward to our mm at whobo

-Ran

Smash Master
Thanks for coming to Louisiana for the tournament guys. Sorry I wasn't there to say hi.

Kyuubi9

Smash Cadet
I'm excited that everyone had fun. I'm bummed out that I missed out on getting beaten up by y'all. Looking forward to the videos. I <3 tourney replays. I need to learn how to use codes for infinite replay with tags.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Seeing the Mario kart wii results made me lol.

And awesome job, BSP. I'm really surprised when you took 4th in the tourney.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
Seeing the Mario kart wii results made me lol.

And awesome job, BSP. I'm really surprised when you took 4th in the tourney.
Mario Kart Wii is so legit, good **** though BSP. Sarah and I weren't really expecting much competition, glad someone finally humbled us down..... next I got you though.

Cam: Thanks for showing me some tips with pika. I will continue to get better and next time I will seem like a completely different pika.

Sync: Ma boy Zigsta is going to take all yo money when he MM's at WHOBO so get ready.

Kismet: Hope to ganoncide you more if bomber and I ever get to play yall in doubles again.

BSP

Smash Legend
The shoutouts

Erick - Thank you for making TASOL happen in the first place. There's only one way it can go now; up. I know you're doing a winter event. I highly suggest getting the date ASAP so you can get big smash names confirmed fast. That's how you attract the most players. Again, thanks.

1: Kismet - excellent job on taking first, and thanks for all of your advice. I'm going to incorporate ALL of it into my game with Falco once I'm feeling more comfortable with him. I feel comfortable, but not at the level I want yet. Once I get there, I think I'm going to shoot up, so thanks again (and really on the pika and ICs advice, because those 2 were making me second guess going to Falco ). You're right, we should have played more. Oh well, next time.

2: JNig - Wario is gay, had to get that out. Anywho, gratz on taking second and getting some money for LA. Don't rest too easy though. I think I can take you once I get more comfortable with Falco, so be ready when I return.

3: Sync - The sole texas rep! Thanks for coming and I enjoyed our games. I COMPLETELY forgot about Falco when I played you so....johns lol. Next time, beware.

4: BSP - You did ok. The only reason I'm not estatic is because I'm not on an acceptable level with Falco yet imo. I just need to play the character more...it'll come in time.

5: Mar - Again, thank you so much for the ride. Otherwise, I would not have made it. I don't think you should have lost to my Mario. Diddy just has so many more options lol. You did say you were tired, so I'll take those johns on account that Mario sucks. Once my Falco is ready, I think we're going to have some pretty hype sets. Again, thank you for the ride. Oh, and good shiz beating Sync. Not many LA players can say they've done so.

5: Cam [AL] - we didn't play in tournament, but ggs from the friendlies. I won't be so scared of Falco v Pika after talking to you and Kismet, so thanks. Good shiz beating Hyro.

7: Ryker [AL] - GGs; Trust me, the only reason I won is because no one expects Mario. Once you know what to do, you can shut him down imo. Luigi was just a lucky Up B. As you said, you expected to cross me up. I'll have my Falco ready for a ditto next time.

7: Hyro - Woah, I def. consider this an upset. I expected you to outplace me at least. Thanks for the friendlies as usual, and outplace me next time, I know you can.

9: Adam - If this was your last tournament, thanks for coming out one last time. I enjoyed our games, and I'm sure everyone enjoyed the you hitting people with the Flex :cool:

9: M3t [AL] - ggs from pools. I think Mario just caught you off guard too. GW can wreck him pretty hard imo. But in that case, I will have Falco ready!

9: Gunner - good stuff this tournament and beating Hyro in a set. You seem to go back and forth with him now, so you're definitely improving. I won't be scared to go Falco v. Pika, so beware next time.

9: Okuser - We didn't play at all :( Thanks for coming out, and you said you SD'd six times in pools? Work on that lol.

13: Curlz - I didn't play you, but you were probably busy running everything. I'm glad you entered even though MK was banned. Thanks for helping to run the stuff.

13: Bomber - we didn't play, but thanks for helping to make TASOL happen. I will do my best to make the winter special.

@Everyone - I appreciate all of you coming out. Events can't happen unless people show up, so I want to thank all of you for coming out.

@OOS - Special thanks to you guys for coming and spicing things up. LA rarely gets exposure to OOS playstyles, and I'm glad you guys gave us some of that. Hope to see yall again in the future.

@AL - Thank you guys so much for all of the match recording. This is something we really need to get back into, so thank you for helping us out with it. I don't remember who exactly set up the live stream, but thanks to you too for bringing it and going through the trouble of setting it up.

@Vinyl - Thanks

Er...yeah. Consider me finished with Sonic, and hopefully I can wean away from Mario and Luigi too. All of the top falcos have proven that he can handle everything, so I want to invest full time into him. I'm probably done with Smash for a while since my big move is coming up, but I don't think I'm completely done just yet...I'll be back.

At Mario kart players - Look at SWF's mario kart thread for more FCs and stuff to practice. Funky is the best.

JustinSane

Smash Cadet
5 entrants. Round robin. I took second. An Ike player took first. A Sheik third. A Peach player took fourth. A G&W took 5th.

I was playing Link and Mario until I lost to an Ike, again, and then got salty and just played Falco.
yo dude you did play good and i enjoyed our match man! Btw i was the ike player and the wolf but looking forward to it again dude!

Hyro

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to sync kismet gunner okuser curlz fang jnig bsp ryker

Sorry I didn't get to say bye to anyone...high johns!

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Hey, can anyone tell me anything about Mason? I see he's from Mississippi too and after watching a couple of his vids he isn't that bad. Has he been to LA before, is he from AiB, or is he just random?

Top Bottom