• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Tyler? 2

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Who's Tyler? 2!!!!

FALCON KAYICK!​

We got a new venue! Geek World
410 West Southwest Loop 323, Tyler, TX.

The venue is a comic book/computer/card game/geek store, and has only been open for a couple of weeks! We want to support them by having a tournament there to bring hype. They sell drinks and snacks inside, and there are several places to eat around here. It's right by the mall, McCalisters, there's a wendys, BK, McD's, Chik-fil-a, Tawko Bell, lots of places!

Prices:
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
P:M Singles(if done) $3?
Mid/low singles(if done) $2?

Rules:
-3 stocks
-9 Minute Timer
-Items set to Off and None
-MK Legal
-All infinites legal till 300%
-LGL: 40 for all
-Scrooging: Must land on main stage once before going under twice.
Platforms don't count.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Pause is on but only to be used if necesary, TO will decide whether to discipline the player who pauses if needed.
-The act of unplugging your opponents controller is banned
*-Coaching is legal in between matches, or during a match if both players have a coach.
-If a suicide KO move is used to end the match (Koopacide, Kirbycide, Ganoncide etc) and both players are on their last stock, it is a win for whoever initiated the suicide KO move, despite what the results screen might say.

Doubles ruleset:
-Team attack is On
-Life stealing is allowed
*-Double MK is banned
-If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Stages:
*-Use GW judgement to decided who strikes first, higher goes first.
*-You strike in a fashion of Ban 2, ban 3, ban 1
-Winner of round 1 bans one stage from both list, then loser picks a stage.
-No "Daves Stupid Rule," You can go back where you won before.

Starters:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battle Field
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Battleship Halberd

Counterpicks:
Pictochat
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaze
Frigate Orpheon

* = Can be changed if both players agree, a "Gentlemen's agreement."

Payouts:
20+ people
1st 55%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%
4th 5%

Under 20 People
60/30/10

Schedule
10:00 Registration. BE HERE ON TIME!!!! Like, don't show up at 1:30 if you plan on doing doubles. TEXT ME IF YOU'RE LATE.
11:00 Doubles Start
2:00ish, Doubles end, go get lunch (if you're out of bracket, go get lunch anyway, if you're doing finals in doubles, we'll let you go get lunch for half an hour before starting singles.)
3:00ish Singles Start
If we have time, Project: Melee singles will be played.
If we have time, Mid/Low Tier Singles will be played(Borderline banned)
8:00 GTFO PLS

PLEASE bring set-ups, so we can run smoothly. PLEASEEE
No refunds. Sorry. Bring your own controller.

*$5 venue fee(waived if you brought a set-up)*

If you're traveling and need housing, let us know and we'll find you someplace to stay!

If you have questions, call Jared "Icecream" "mr. game and watch" Frazier at 903-521-7233

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
So if you lose a game, you get to ban a starter AND a counterpick? Never seen that before. I guess with not having DSR that makes sense.

Also, if i'm at 0% last stock, and kirby is at like 120%, he can kirbycide me and win? Labernash ruleset is lol. :p

Denti

Smash Master
I'm just glad it's not an 8 min timer. <3

I mean realistically the only reason we debate the difference between an 8 min timer and a 10 min timer is because even numbers just appeal nicer. A 9 min timer seems ight to be honest. I'm game to try it out... even though no one is prolly going to time anyways XD

Denti

Smash Master
Bro you don't even camp anymore. You scrooge if there is a no scrooging rule and that's about it lmao. Other than that you're like a mad buffer MK

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I'm just glad it's not an 8 min timer. <3

I mean realistically the only reason we debate the difference between an 8 min timer and a 10 min timer is because even numbers just appeal nicer. A 9 min timer seems ight to be honest. I'm game to try it out... even though no one is prolly going to time anyways XD

I timed Tawko out last who's Tyler.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
What's up with pictochat? Not that I'm complaining...I ****ing love that stage.

Picto chat originally got banned because the transformations are too random and can kill you. Like I have a 3 year old MM with Poltergust (best yoshi at the time) where he won soley because of the stage transformation. Not saying I would have won at the time, just... what if I was winning and that happened? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyBpo2DVsi8&t=5m44s

It's whatevz tho. I just hate sonic on that stage. edit: correction, I hate Espy's sonic on that stage. He's so good there o.o

Labernash

Smash Lord
I am totes jelly of you Sync. So jelly I can't even taste the peanut butter.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I probably won't be able to make this one. I can leave my setup with psychoace to help things run. If I can swap for a morning shift I can make it around 330. But that's the best I can do. Also, the venue owners want to advertise. So drop them a call or link them. Psy, g
Drop me a Txt so we can discuss my setup.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
That extra setup might be helpful. I just confirmed myself, ShoeS, his brother, and possibly another new player for this. Sorry to hear that Rave i hope it works out and we at least get to play some Marth vs Ike's.

Top Bottom