• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus & Sa1vy Present: Sa1vation MD, VA, WSoVA, DE confirmed!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Tantalus & Sa1vy Present: Sa1vation!

Hey All, TheTantalus here with a great new series that we are starting at College Park. This is the same venue that we used for the emergency Chu bi-weekly. CTL is no longer a student there so Sa1vy has set it up so that we can run monthlies and maybe even bi-weeklies in the winter months so keep your eyes peeled for more events.

This event will be Brawl and Melee.

Rules

You can read the rules for all games here:http://www.ssbwiki.com/Apex_2012#General_rules
*note: In Doubles, both players cannot select Metaknight.

This will be held in Oakland Hall on the College Park Campus. Sa1vy will be letting everyone into the venue as you need a key card to get in. There will be a few other students that might be able to get you in but please call my cell if you can't get in. Sa1ve will be attending to the door from 12-1pm so please make sure you are on time. If you're not going to be, please call my cell (pm me on facebook "thetantalus" or twitter to get it) and we will arrange to meet you downstairs.

Address: 7950 Baltimore Avenue College Park, MD 20742

Here is a campus map: http://www.cvs.umd.edu/visitors/2010 Campus Map.pdf

On the upper left of the map in Section 2G is where we have free parking for the day. The best way to get in here is to do the following:

1. Come in to college Park on Route 193 (regardless of direction)
2. Turn onto stadium drive
3. You'll come to a traffic circle. Take the last exit to valley drive.
4. You'll come to another road split that takes you back to the parking. Go towards the back and you should see section 2A.
5. Directly behind section 2A is section 2G where we are permitted to park for free. You can park there. Oakland hall is the building you passed to get in here (you'll see a big sign on the building that says "Oakland Hall").

This can be complicated- please call me if you have trouble finding it.

Price

$0 Venue Fee **
$5 Singles Entry (Brawl and Melee)
$5 Teams Entry per person (Brawl and Melee)

**Venue fee is tentative to people bringing setups that include power strips. We really need power strips for this event. If you can bring some, please post and confirm. If we cannot get enough setups and equipment, i'll have to charge a $2 venue fee to non-students to cover the expenses (in this case, people with full setup would also receive discount.)

I'm all about bringing the best tournaments to the region for minimal cost. So lets make the turnout reflect that!

Payouts are as follows:

Singles (Both events): 55/25/15/5
Doubles (Both events): 60/30/10

Event times

Brawl Doubles Signups- 12:30pm
Melee Doubles Signups/Brawl Teams Starts- 1pm
Melee Doubles Starts- 1:30pm
Brawl Singles Signups- 3:30pm
Melee Singles Signups/Brawl Singles Starts- 4pm
Melee Singles Starts- 4:30pm
Tournament ends: 10pm.

Events will be run promptly and on-time. Do not be late and do not ask me to hold the bracket 30 minutes for you. There should be enough time between events to get a bite to eat.

Food- There is food on Campus open on the weekends. Its in Section Z. I don't recommend walking there but you could if you really wanted to. It's in Section Z right behind the football stadium. Check the map above if you need the info or one of the students can help. There is a Panda Express, Chick-Fil-A, and McDonalds open for sure.

Livestream

I will be livestreaming this event personally- you can watch it on www.twitch.tv/thetantalus I will be livestreaming the Brawl portion.

Melee will be livestreamed by dkuo www.twitch.tv/dkuotw

If you have any other questions or comments please let me know!

dkuo

Smash Lord
id be mm'ing you with my marth bones

if i had one

<_<

anyways ill try my best to come to this. if i do ill bring a power strip or two

sa1vy

Smash Cadet
Inb4last. YAAAAY!
Anyway, pm me if u wanna get my number to get into the building also.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
This tournament should be off the chain. Make sure you come and bring a full setup! If each carpool comes with 1 or 2 setups, we'll have probably 10 per game which is more than enough.

sa1vy

Smash Cadet
If anyone is bored this weekend, we could smashfest over at my place (oakland 6 lol) if you want. I'm flexible as to date and time.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If anyone is bored this weekend, we could smashfest over at my place (oakland 6 lol) if you want. I'm flexible as to date and time.
Hit me up sometime when you're free. (Not this weekend but in the future) Text is best. (443) 847-3233

Edit: Sorry for double post. Me new to smashboards! :D

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Meaning, you can help me run brackets CTL?

And Jason, I think this is gonna turn out pretty big. There are a lot of local players that will be coming for the first time, plus people who've confirmed in different places (facebook event, aib, here, and to me in person.)

Bringing a carpool from OoS would bring extra hype. I might try to get RJ/Keitaro to come down to this one as well. Maybe North Carolina would like to join us as well?

Top Bottom