• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus & Sa1vy Present: Sa1vation MD, VA, WSoVA, DE confirmed!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Okay, don't worry about it. Inui can't go this weekend (ONLY this weekend... any other weekend, such as next weekend or even 2 weekends after this... he could have done it. His boss is on vacation this time so he gets overtime pay 15/hr), so I have no ride. Bad luck. =/

I am interested in the next one

If the same offer applies (starting at 3 PM means I can definitely come with inui and some carpool probably) or you host any sunday tournament, I can do this

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
can we still warm up with a side event tho? The random ideas are dumb, 3v3 crews hype or mid tiers plz

:pit:

edit: wait m2k, you DO know the tourney isn't this weekend and it's on the 13th of October right

Izzet

Smash Rookie
Just so I'm listed, I'll be here for brawl.

Also, my vote is for either crew 3v3 or 1/2 vs 1/2 (1/2 of people there for brawl), but the four person singles sound fun too and an interesting idea.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If you want to do brawl mid tiers, I can probably make that happen. Would you rather do tiers c-h or tiers e-h? I'm not doing d-h because it is extremely one sided.

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If you want to do brawl mid tiers, I can probably make that happen. Would you rather do tiers c-h or tiers e-h? I'm not doing d-h because it is extremely one sided.

C is high tier...You can't be serious Scott. D-H isn't one sided. The only people in this region who use D tier characters are me and Luckay. I could argue E-H would be one sided because :kirby2: is in E tier and that guarantees Chu no real competition.

I'll do E-H if you choose that option over D-H, but C-H makes no sense because C is HT. I could choose :dedede: and run a train on every character below me by default loool.

High
C: :zerosuitsamus: (+2) :lucario: (-1) :dedede: (-1) :toonlink: (+1)

Borderline
D: :wolf: (+2) :gw: (-2) :fox: (-1) :peach: (±0) :pit: (+3)

Mid
E: :rob: (+1) :kirby2: (-1) :sheilda: (+3) :sonic: (±0) :dk2: (-5) :ike: (-1) :sheik: (+1)
F: :yoshi2: (+2) :ness2: (±0) :pt: (+1) :luigi2: (-4)

Low
G: :lucas: (±0) :mario2: (±0) :samus2: (+1) :bowser2: (-1) :falcon: (±0)
H: :jigglypuff: (+1) :link2: (-1) :zelda: (±0) :ganondorf: (±0)

:018:

jjvirus

Smash Champion
In the process of trying to put a carpool together with people here at SU. 2/3 Brawl players and 1 melee. If P:M happened to be an option we'd all might enter that as well.

Izzet

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of E-H singles and/or doubles. It's not something seen that often at a tournament of such hype.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Dag, ECMD coming!? I think DK Smash is over there. Nice to see you back, JJ
Possibly. Looking at either this or JCz' P:M event that might happen in Oct. A couple of us here at SU were active back in '09 and now we're all looking to get back to playing. Can't guarantee anything but I'll see what I can do.

And if I do come I can bring my Wii. I'll keep ya posted.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Possibly. Looking at either this or JCz' P:M event that might happen in Oct. A couple of us here at SU were active back in '09 and now we're all looking to get back to playing. Can't guarantee anything but I'll see what I can do.

And if I do come I can bring my Wii. I'll keep ya posted.

My event will probably be in November.

I have an engagement party to go to on this date, but I'll try to swing by later in the evening if I can. Let me know if you go to this JJ.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
because you're a ganon main with ganon complex

edit: How is D-H one sided? Theres me and Joe in D. Chu, Pink, Noid, and Boss are all below. I don't see how cutting us out would make things more fair. One sided is regular tourneys when we all get flushed out by an olimar, mk, or diddy. You say mid tiers suck because your mid tier sucks :p

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well, we can do D through H, but over half the region will just be using their main anyways. Chu, Seagull, Boss, Pink Fresh, Luckay, Bloody, Serynder, Snowballbob, Lionhart, Matador, JJVirus, Aposl, G Love, Exdia, d1aos, pitzer, NOID, SSR, Berto, Evan, Axel, and XLR8 all can use their main. It's basically just a 2nd singles tournament, because the MK and Diddy mains will just not enter. That's the problem I have with it.

Edit: I do fully realize that not everyone on this list will attend/enter/is relevant, but my point still stands about the event.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well, we can do D through H, but over half the region will just be using their main anyways. Chu, Seagull, Boss, Pink Fresh, Luckay, Bloody, Serynder, Snowballbob, Lionhart, Matador, JJVirus, Aposl, G Love, Exdia, d1aos, pitzer, NOID, SSR, Berto, Evan, Axel, and XLR8 all can use their main. It's basically just a 2nd singles tournament, because the MK and Diddy mains will just not enter. That's the problem I have with it.

Edit: I do fully realize that not everyone on this list will attend/enter/is relevant, but my point still stands about the event.
I don't see the quarrel you have. No matter what side event tier position-wise somebody would have an advantage.

:018:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Hey that guy is from where I live, cool.

Also if you have a problem with mid tiers because everyone is using their main then try something different like all-brawl from sktar or 3v3 crews from mekos' tourney.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm definitely feeling draft crews.

I'm not disagreeing with your point, Joe. Yes someone will have the advantage, but it won't change much. It'll be just another singles tournament with a few people that don't enter. Draft crews is way, way way better. And we haven't done it in like, forever.

So this is how it will work:

8 crews- top 8 in singles are the crew captains.
4 people per crew, so each person will get to draft 3 people. Order of draft will be reverse order, so 8th picks first (we'll determine the tie breaker spots in the singles event).
Entry will be $2 per person. If for some reason, one of the top 8 can't stay or doesn't want to participate, the next spot down will captain.

If we can't get 32 entrants for crews, we'll drop it down to 6 crews if necessary.

CTL- do you want to do the same for melee? Draft crews after?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
People are more likely to enter a side even before the tournament than after imo; generates hype, better warm up for tourney. Your idea seems legit though tant. Don't know if there will be 32 people to enter, but I suggest team captains would be PR'd members and lowest PR'd person gets first pick and so forth so there's no chance they will be on the same team though top 8 in singles can still make sure of that to an extent.

Should make an official ruleset for draft crews for the people who haven't done it before.

Top Bottom