• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 4: The Koopa Ultimatum

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge 4:
The Koopa Ultimatum

A Project: M Tournament

Please Note:
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Try not to curse.
This tourney starts earlier because we need to leave venue by 9PM, so we'll be running things smoothly. If you're going to be late, let me know via text/etc!

Sodas, energy drinks, snacks, and maybe hotdogs available on site. Bring a couple extra bucks so you can be caffeinated out.

When: starts 11AM Saturday, November 3rd

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Project: M and Melee Singles and Doubles.

Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588
UTDZac's cell: 361-676-2223

Schedule:
11:00AM Doubles registration and friendlies
12:00PM Doubles start
2:30PM Singles registration
3:00PM Singles Start

Setups: Bring them. FREE VENUE if you bring a full setup that we use for the tourney.

Entry Fee:
Venue: $3 (free if you bring a setup)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 per person

Payout:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Project M Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
7. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.​
8. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

[glow]Singles Stagelist:[/glow]
STARTERS:
Battlefield, Dreamland, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi’s Island Brawl (Doubles Only)​

After the 1st match, each player bans a stage group for the remainder of the set (Players may counterpick a stage from the group they banned, and both players may ban the same group). Alternately, a player may elect to instead ban two stages.

Stage groups;
Group 1: Small Stages
Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, WarioWare, Metal Cavern

Group 2: Flat Stages
Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Group 3: Big Stages
Dreamland, Rumble Falls, Skyworld, Dracula's Castle, Skyloft (Singles Only), Hyrule Castle (Doubles Only)

Group 4: Changing Stages
Port Town Aero Dive, Kongo Jungle 64, Halberd, Rainbow Cruise

Melee Ruleset
Melee ruleset will be using the FC-Legacy stagelist.

• 4 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit (first-round pools may be 3-stock, 6 minutes)
  • Sets will be either best-of-3 or best-of-5 as time allows, announced prior to each stage
  • Items OFF
  • Team Attack ON
  • Pause Disabled during Teams
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks remaining, then lower (total in teams) percentage. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time runs out with both players at equal percent, a one-stock, three-minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
  • Master Hand and Meta Knight are banned
  • Continuing uninterruptible moves past 350% will result in a forfeit

Stage List:
[glow]Singles:[/glow]
Starters/MBR5:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story

Counterpicks:
Brinstar Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Mute City

[glow]Teams:[/glow]
Starters/MBR5:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Pokémon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Jungle Japes
Corneria
KJ64

Set Procedure:
1. Players may agree to play with MBR5 shortened stage list only
2. To select the first stage, players strike from the 5 starter stages using the pattern P1-P2-
P2-P1
3. After the first round, the winning player may permanently ban two stages from the complete list
of 9. The losing player will then select a counter-stage from the remaining choices, then the
winning player will select his character, then the losing player will select his character.
4. Play proceeds in this fashion until the set is complete. If a best-of-5, players only make their 2
bans after their first win of the set. They do not get additional bans for each win.
5. A player may not select a stage he/she banned him/herself. No stage may be played twice, unless
both players agree.

Other Rules

1. The TO is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music/hard to see textures. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Sync is refusing to budge and holding his next Houston brawl tournament on Nov 3rd also, so I'm not certain if there will be a brawl tournament at this also. I'll have to ask around and see if people are interested regardless.

Also, there is a chance that Project M 2.5 will be out before November 3rd. If so, I plan on having this tournament use the 2.5 codeset. Sound good to you guys?

PM ruleset changelist;
Slanted Stages group axed in favor of four groups instead of five. Downside is that the first three groups have one more stage than the fourth.
Pictochat moved to Banned. The wind face is disruptive, and the line of death still takes away the left ledge.
Hyrule Castle moved to Doubles Only.

D

Deleted member

inb4 I get seeded with first round bracket sethlon and win.
ivysaaaaaur. :ivysaur:

BlinkIV

Avenger
I'm down for it, we might lose a few Brawl players due to some of them wanting to go to Ascension. This is still hype though! Draft crews anyone?

:phone:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Draft crews sounds like fun. We should have plenty of time for it, since we won't have brawl brackets running the same time as PM brackets.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll be using..Pit, Wolf, Link, Luigi, Captain Falcon (Maybe), possibly Ike.

But mainly Pit, Wolf, Luigi.
You better be changing that to Ike only or else I will have to show you what's up.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Its a game where you press buttons to make people explode, its pretty cool, you should check it out

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
I'm hype. Bowser wont get revenge on this mario.

Sethlon I'm ready this time. I have a TL that b-airs through everything.

Also, I want to play some melee freindlies if possible.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No stick with Mario he'll do better.

D

Deleted member

I might bring a full set up (yes, I have a CRT now). If I do, does anyone want to play friendlies on my hacked melee ISO? It plays perfectly the same besides faster loading times, and they're just textures. Not anything crazy.

Also, Lumpy, don't play TL, your Mario IS better than any other character you play. You'd need a lot of practice to get better with TL than Mario, and plus TL isn't jiggs. you can't Bair everything :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mario is a much more solid character overall. In fact if you were gonna play TL, I would just skip ahead to regular Link he's definitely better.

I'm definitely down for Melee being the side/other event. Would flow great with P:M, no switching from Brawl to P:M lol

Don't give up with Mario though! You can do it, I did some stuff with him last time and I would this time if I wasn't more pumped to play Marth.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Mario is a much more solid character overall. In fact if you were gonna play TL, I would just skip ahead to regular Link he's definitely better.

I'm definitely down for Melee being the side/other event. Would flow great with P:M, no switching from Brawl to P:M lol

Don't give up with Mario though! You can do it, I did some stuff with him last time and I would this time if I wasn't more pumped to play Marth.
Mario is definitely a candidate for top 8. TL isn't bad at all, I think he's equally just as good as Link, but with a trickier recovery. Both are still great characters, but definitely stick with Mario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll teach you Melee he'll teach you Roy. Which is more important? Probably Roy, he'll probably beat me lol

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Roy? pffff......

I can only play a handfull of characters in melee.
falco, fox, cf, sammie, sheik, doc, and pika.

I'll take the offer, if your offering though. lol

BlinkIV

Avenger
Sounds fun, there's nothing wrong with experimenting with the other characters in tournament. I plan on running Link/Pit/Ike and maybe Wolf.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
STAY IKE

Stay Mario

Im goin Marth

BlinkIV

Avenger
I'M GOING TO PLAY IKE. I'M GOING TO PLAY IKE JUST FOR YOU, AGAINST YOU.

Seriously though, I play other people as well lol.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I'm too serious about this tournament tbh, I've done so bad in the past to where I kind've just want to play friendlies here now. Ill play some TL and Marth like BR3.
btw Xeven, Ikes a homosexual character.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He knows and embraces it.

I'll show you some Marth stuff. Denti too if he wants to not have fun with Lucario.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Ike's homosexual? Nah, more like..He's overrated and you don't know how to fight him. Truth be told, Link has the advantage over Ike in the MU, Toon Link though, I don't know. Just give it time for people to learn to fight him, then he won't be so overrated. Also, DMG..

CAPTAIN

MUTHA

FUQIN

FALCON

MIRROR MATCH ME.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Duh

Ike's really good, wins stuff lol.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Just wait for more people to find out how to people. As of now, I believe Link beats Ike, maybe TL, and then Mario.

D

Deleted member

If I screamed IKES GAY then you'd now I mean hes cheap and unbeatable. By calling him a homosexual I'm more saying that hes annoying, but not unbeatable.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You should play Ike

I heard he can deal with PK fire

Top Bottom