• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl it Out: APEX EDITION ((DISCOUNTS & P:M RULES UPDATED))

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman

SAT. NOV. 24

SUN. NOV. 25

That's right, Brawl it Out is BACK!! And this time, it's new and improved! NEW VENUE, NEW RULES, MORE GAMES, SAME LONG ISLAND HYPE!!

For those of you who have not heard about Brawl it Out!, here's a quick history about the series that Long Island has come to love! I started the series while I was working at a video game store known as Play N Trade, located in East Northport, NY. It was my way to have a place were people of all ages and skill level to come together and play a game they all loved, Super Smash Bros Brawl!! There have been around 5 seperate Brawl it Out! events at Play N Trade East Northport. What I thought to be my last Brawl it Out! event was suppose to be a way to say good bye to the store/venue that was Play N Trade. The last Brawl it Out event had an astonishing 54 entrees for Singles, and 22 teams for Doubles! According to sources on Long Island, the last Brawl it Out! had the 3rd/4th highest outcome of players on Long Island in recent years of competitive play. I declared Brawl it Out! dead after that event. But after a failed attempt at a different Play N Trade with a new series (Smash it Up!) and alot members from the community asking me to bring it back....I said why not bring it back?! But this time, I found a new venue with alot more room then any of the other venues!!

My whole plan for this event is to be as big as it could ever be! Brawl it Out!:APEX EDITION is trying to be come an APEX2013 QUALIFIER!!!
Brawl it Out!:APEX EDITION will not only be running Super Smash Bros Brawl, but we will also be running Project: M & Pokémon Black & White 2!!! But as per the owner, we will be running Brawl/Project: M and Pokémon B&W2 on seperate days. The owner wants to see how each event will turn out, hence why we are running it on seperate days. We will be using APEX rules for each event that has a standardized rule set! Events are as follows...Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, Project: M Singles, Pokémon 2v2, and the StreetPass LongIsland Pokémon 1v1.
Details (IN FULL) about this AWESOME event will be up later this week. This includes Additional Announcements, Stream link, & Confirmed Player List.
Venue:

THE ARENA
983 Little East Neck Rd
West Babylon, NY 11704
Dates & Times:
Sat. Nov. 24 Brawl & Project:M
Brawl Doubles: 12:00PM
Brawl Singles: 3:00PM
P:M Singles: 6:00PM
Sunday Nov. 25 Pokémon B & W2
2v2 Battles: 12:00PM
1v1 Battles: 4:00PM
FEES:
Sat. Nov. 24 Brawl & Project:M
Venue Fee: $7
Brawl Doubles: $5 (per player)
Brawl Singles: $10
P:M Singles: $5
Total Cost: $27
Sunday Nov. 25 Pokémon B & W2
Venue Fee: $7
2v2 Battles: $5
1v1 Battles: $5
Total Cost: $17
Discounts:
[COLLAPSE="Click to see"]

Either print this flyer out, or present it on your mobile device at the event!
Set up discounts:
Bring in a Wii...GET $2 OFF VENUE
Bring in a CRT TV...GET $3 OFF VENUE

I have 3 full set ups, and the venue has 4 CRT TVs. The venue will only pay up to 7 discounts for set ups (3 Wiis to go with The Arena's TVs and 4 FULL SET UPS), that is out of my hand for this event being that this event is a trial run. First come first served basis, but if we a really big turn out...I may be able to get more discounts for people for set ups. And to clarify, ONLY CRT TVs will be given any type of discount...NO KIND OF FLAT SCREEN TV will receive a discount!
  1. Full Set Up (theDuL0R)
  2. Full Set Up (theDuL0R)
  3. Full Set Up (theDuL0R)
  4. CRT TV (The Arena)
  5. CRT TV (The Arena)
  6. CRT TV (The Arena)
  7. CRT TV (The Arena)
  8. NO RESERVE
  9. NO RESERVE
  10. NO RESERVE
[/COLLAPSE]
Transportation:
Directions from LIRR:Take the LIRR to the "Babylon" station. Take the S25 bus the the 2nd stop (Little East Neck Rd). The Arena is 2 blocks South from the bus stop.
Directions by Car:The Arena is in between Southern State Parkway and Sunrise Highway. If you take SSP, go South on Little East Neck Rd. It will be a few blocks after the CVS. The Arena will be on your left. If you are taking Sunrise, head North on Little East Neck Rd, The Arena will be on your right shortly after the 7 Eleven. There are also free parking around the venue, limited parking at the venue itself though.
Brawl it Out!:AE Rules and Regulations​

• DOUBLES & SINGLES
  • 3 stocks
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Items are set to “Off” and “None”
  • All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
  • Double Metaknights are banned in Doubles.
  • Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
  • There is a ledge grab limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned. This includes scrooging!
  • Players will decide order of stage striking by mutual agreement, Rock/Paper/Scissors, or Game & Watch's Number Hammer Game. Striking order is as follows: 1-2-1.
  • Teams for Doubles will use port configuration or 1-2-2-1
    (1=Team1 / 2=Team2)
  • If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
  • The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.
  • Bring your own controller! The Venue and the Tournament Organizer are not responsible for supplying you a controller and/or batteries for your controller. Each player will be responsible for bringing their own controller.
  • In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral (players are not in combat), the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player is in a death situation (chain grabs, grab releases, jab-locks to a KO move, etc) and pauses while such situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If a player unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
  • Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Stage list
Starter Counterpick
Smashville Battleship Halberd
Battlefield Pokémon Stadium 1
Final Destination Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island Frigate Orpheon
[/COLLAPSE]

• SINGLES
  • 4 stocks
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
  • Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
  • The act of stalling is banned. This includes scrooging!
  • Players will decide order of stage striking by mutual agreement, Rock/Paper/Scissors, or Game & Watch's Number Hammer Game.
  • Bring your own controller! The Venue and the Tournament Organizer are not responsible for supplying you a controller and/or batteries for your controller. Each player will be responsible for bringing their own controller.
  • In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral (players are not in combat), the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player is in a death situation (chain grabs, grab releases, jab-locks to a KO move, etc) and pauses while such situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If a player unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
  • Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  • Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
    1. First player strikes one stage.
    2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
    3. First player strikes the next two stages.
    4. Second player strikes one stage.
  • After Game 1 has ended, the loser chooses 2 stages to ban from either the Starter Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List. (The same goes for after Game 2 has ended if need be.)
  • The winner is allowed to then choose whether to change their character, followed by the loser.
Stage list
Starters Counterpicks
Smashville Pokémon Stadium 1
Battlefield Metal Cavern
Final Destination Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Story Wario Ware
Dreamland 64 Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokémon Stadium 2 Dracula's Castle
Fountain of Dreams Rumble Falls
[/COLLAPSE]
2v2 Battles
Pokémon Black/White Version & Black/White Version 2 Game Cards are permitted for use.
The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
150 – Mewtwo
151 – Mew
249 – Lugia
250 – Ho-Oh
251 – Celebi
382 – Kyogre
383 – Groudon
384 – Rayquaza
385 – Jirachi
386 – Deoxys (All forms)
483 – Dialga
484 – Palkia
487 – Giratina/Giratina-O
489 – Phione
490 – Manaphy
491 – Darkrai
492 – Shaymin
493 – Arceus (All Pokémon types)
494 – Victini
643 – Reshiram
644 – Zekrom
646 – Kyurem/Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W

This tournament will require players to assemble a team of Pokémon, with items, prior to the start of the event. In Double Battles, each player selects four Pokémon from his or her party of six to battle with. At the start of the battle, players send out the first two Pokémon in their party, making a total of four Pokémon on the battlefield. Game play continues until a player knocks out all four of his or her opponent’s Pokémon.

Standard Team Construction Rules When building a team for this Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction rules.
  • A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number
  • Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item
  • A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname
  • A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example, an Unfezant named “Pidove”)
  • Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
    1. By leveling up
    2. By TM or HM
    3. As an Egg move, through breeding
    4. From a character in the game
    5. A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
  • Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
  • Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
  • Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
  • Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
  • The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
1v1 BATTLES
Pokémon Black/White Version & Black/White Version 2 Game Cards are permitted for use.
The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
150 – Mewtwo
249 – Lugia
250 – Ho-Oh
257 – Blaziken (with Speedboost)
382 – Kyogre
383 – Groudon
384 – Rayquaza
386 – Deoxys/Deoxys-A/Deoxys-S
483 – Dialga
484 – Palkia
487 – Giratina/Giratina-O
490 – Manaphy
491 – Darkrai
492 – Shaymin-S (regular Shaymin is allowed)
493 – Arceus - All Types
530 – Excadrill
642 –Thundurus
643 – Reshiram
644 – Zekrom
646 – Kyurem/Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W

This tournament will require players to assemble a team of Pokémon, with items, prior to the start of the event. In Single Battles, each player selects six Pokémon from his or her party. At the start of the battle, players send out their first Pokémon in their party, making a total of two Pokémon on the battlefield. Game play continues until a player knocks out all six of his or her opponent’s Pokémon.

Smogon OU (Over Used) Team Construction Rules When building a team for this Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction rules.
  • A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number
  • Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item
  • A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname
  • A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example, an Unfezant named “Pidove”)
  • Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
    1. By leveling up
    2. By TM or HM
    3. As an Egg move, through breeding
    4. From a character in the game
    5. A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
  • Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
  • Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
  • Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
  • Pokémon may not know the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
  • Pokémon on your team may not have the ability Moody. Using both a Pokémon with Drizzle and a Pokémon with Swift Swim on the same team is banned.
  • The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
  • You may no put two of your opponent's Pokémon to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then.
[/COLLAPSE]
Brawl it Out:APEX EDITION Code of Conduct​
  • All players participating in any of the Brawl it Out: APEX EDITION events agree to respect the venue, the owner of the venue, the Tournament Organizer, any volunteer staff members, and all players.
  • There will be no alcohol and any narcotics allowed inside of the venue.
  • All players will be responsible for any belongings that they have brought with them. This also includes any controller, any DS handheld device, any AC charger, Wii console set up, CRT TV, and any game card or disc.
  • All players that come to any day of Brawl it Out: APEX EDITION agree to come with a positive attitude, and play to have fun!
[/COLLAPSE]

"ABANDON HOPE, ALL YE WHO ENTER!

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Would love to see Project M doubles happen here but count me in nonetheless. I'll bring a Wii as well.

:phone:

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Hype!!!!!!!!!
Dabuz!! Will you be coming to this??!!!

Would love to see Project M doubles happen here but count me in nonetheless. I'll bring a Wii as well.
Due to time restraints, and this being a trial run at the Arena...we will not be holding Doubles for Project M this time around. If we get a big turn out for P:M for this event, in the future events I will hold P:M Doubles. That honestly sounds amazingly fun to watch!

something to look forward to after my midterms
I had thought it would be a good idea to hold it this weekend being that everyone in school would have this weekend off! :D

Awesome, a tournament near me! Hopefully I'll be able to make it!
SOUNDS GREAT! Hope to see you there!!

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Coming through for Project M!

Anyone who wants to play me in friendlies or money matches, or train at a fest of mine in anticipation of this event is more than welcome. :)

Looking forward to it

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Coming through for Project M!

Anyone who wants to play me in friendlies or money matches, or train at a fest of mine in anticipation of this event is more than welcome. :)

Looking forward to it
Glad to see the hype! I wonder how many we could get for just P:M alone....
This is cool, ill definately be there. nice range on price btw
And there will be discounts announced in the near futute!! How sick is that?

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
around thanksgiving.. a town over... hype!! i am sooo in for this! dul hit me up with any extra things that could be needed for this... especially with the close proximity to my house.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
around thanksgiving.. a town over... hype!! i am sooo in for this! dul hit me up with any extra things that could be needed for this... especially with the close proximity to my house.
Awesome, hit me on facebook or hit up my cell!
Dang Nuker it's been way too long. Polytek crew coming over to this?
And he better come! We are in the same crew!

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, hit me on facebook or hit up my cell!

And he better come! We are in the same crew!
dul...guru knows me from my poly days, with jtails, helper, dmt, owl, raze etc etc

with the tourney so close to my house, im def coming to it!..hafta rep tayf..and to a lesser extent diddy

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
dul...guru knows me from my poly days, with jtails, helper, dmt, owl, raze etc etc

with the tourney so close to my house, im def coming to it!..hafta rep tayf..and to a lesser extent diddy

I'm aware, I can read your conversation :p
I'm just sayin, you better be here Nuke!

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
at the current moment.. i do not know if ill be able to actually make this now :(. i lost alot of my crap with this hurricane and nearly lost the house due to a tree that luckily fell another direction. my house will most likely be without power and heat and everything until after thanksgiving and i kinda hafta start saving money to be able to help out with everything at my house...ill post more if i know if im able to go but i know now that i will certainly not be able to supply the tvs that i originally wanted to as they got destroyed on the flood.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
ah man nuke. I heard from raptor :( is mr. saturn ok?

hmm so for this tournament I'm going to be trying to save every match to help out the National replay project. Force replay will be on my wii and I'll see if I can get the code onto dul0r's wii. I apologize to the people that hate this code, but this project helps in displaying the skill level between different players. Also it allows for those awesome matches to seen that never get saved.

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
Really sucks to hear that, mangs, but of course it's understandable. Gotta heed your priorities.
yea man.. it wasnt good around my town. if anything me and my family got extremely lucky that we didnt lose our house like alot of people that live even 1 block south of me. we were also lucky that my house was build about 10 ft higher then the others around me. so we did get lucky with everything but still in bad shape, especially if the northeaster that is coming is bad.

ah man nuke. I heard from raptor :( is mr. saturn ok?

hmm so for this tournament I'm going to be trying to save every match to help out the National replay project. Force replay will be on my wii and I'll see if I can get the code onto dul0r's wii. I apologize to the people that hate this code, but this project helps in displaying the skill level between different players. Also it allows for those awesome matches to seen that never get saved.
yea man.. the mr. saturn did survive and hes doing well.. the same goes for the diddy lol, diddy, tobi's tv, and my ps3 are the only things that really survived down there.

also as to the whole force replay, i do think it could be a good idea, but only on a few select wiis. cant enforce it through out the whole tourney imho.

but overall.. ill still try to come to this, i just gotta see how things are at my house first. if anything, even if i don't play, it would be great to be able to get to see everyone and get my mind off of the things that have been happening the past few weeks. currently right now im living outta my girl's house since my house has no heat, no power, ho hot water etc etc. if you guys wanna try to do something before hand... hit me up

also even with it being weeks away... this tourney is gunna be hype and i do wish i can make it out there to support my dude dulor and the rest of tayf! HYPE!!

Top Bottom