• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Series Representation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Hello! I wasn't too sure whether or not this should go in the Character or General Discussion thread, so I decided to put it here.

The main point of this thread is to try to justify and determine how much representation, if any at all, game series should receive in SSB4. Alot of people talk about over-representation, but what exactly constitutes as over-representation for each series? This can springboard into how many characters should be used in each series.

Brawl had the following:
Super Mario: 4 (almost 5 with Dr. Mario)
Legend of Zelda: 4 slots/5 with transformations (almost 5 slots/7 with transformations including Toon Zelda & Toon Sheik)
Donkey Kong: 2 (almost 3 with Dixie Kong)
Pokemon: 4 slots/6 if you count individual pokemon (almost 6 slots/9 individual Pokemon with Mewtwo and presumably Plusle & Minun)
Kirby: 3
Metroid: 1 slot/2 with transformations
Fire Emblem: 2 (almost 3 with Roy)
Star Fox: 3
Yoshi: 1
Wario: 1
Pikmin: 1
Kid Icarus: 1
Mother: 2
F-Zero: 1
Retro: 3 (Ice Climbers, G&W, ROB)
Third Party: 2

Super Mario: 2 slots (Mario's pretty big, it technically lost a slot from Melee to Brawl, so I can see it getting 2 slots)
Legend of Zelda: 2 slots (I'm not super familiar with this series, but I know it's popular. If not 2 slots, then 1 for sure)
Donkey Kong: 1 slot (DK is significant enough to get another slot. For me, it would be King K. Rool)
Pokemon: 2 slots (This is tough since there are so many good choices. I think that 3 slots is even feasible)
Kirby: 0 (I think Kirby is soundly represented)
Metroid: 1 slot (This seems fair. Ridley in my opinion. Not a huge fan of ZSS, but she'll probably return)
Fire Emblem: 1 slot (I'm very unfamiliar with this series, but it appears to be somewhat popular especially in Japan. It'll either gain a slot or replace Ike with a new character)
Star Fox: 0 (If there is a new character, someone will end up getting replaced)
Yoshi: 0 (Sorry Yoshi, but you'll probably remain the lonely only forever, except for the slim shot of Kamek)
Wario: 1 slot (This is risky, but not impossible)
Pikmin: 0 (Significantly represented)
Kid Icarus: 1 slot (There's going to be another, who exactly, I don't know. I don't really want Palutena, I'd prefer Medusa)
Mother: 0 (tough call, but I think 2 is fine)
F-Zero: 1 slot (I wouldn't complain if it didn't get any, but I feel like it'll finally get another character)
Retro: 2 slots (this should cover any old series characters)
Third Party: -2 (Unpopular opinion, but I support the removal of Third Party characters per the term "guest")

New series (each one has one slot): Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Super Mario: Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. with a duel moveset like Zelda and Shiek.
Legend of Zelda: You're not familiar with the series? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? I can see Toon Zelda/Tetra, and maybe Gihrahim.
Donkey Kong: Either Dixie or King K. Rool
Pokemon: Not a huge Pokemon fan, but bring back Mewtwo and give us more in Pokemon Trainer (six total).
Kirby: Yeah, no more is fine.
Metroid: Ridley.
Fire Emblem: Bring back Roy (with new moves), keep Ike, keep Marth, and give us whatever the guy in Awakening is named (I think it's Krom).
Star Fox: Redo Wolf, and give Krystal (need more female characters)
Yoshi: Though I'd love to hit Kamek for ruining my childhood at the end of every world in my favorite childhood game, I doubt he'd get in.
Wario: Waluigi is my favorite character from any Mario game. He'd better be in.
Pikmin: Good enough, maybe his partner from Pikmin 2.
Kid Icarus: Though I'd love Magnus, I think a non-clone moveset for Pitto would be great (and redo Pit to match Uprising).
Mother: Maybe Clause?
F-Zero: Black Shadow.
Retro: Meh, maybe some new characters.
Third Party: Either get rid of Sonic and Snake and replace them with two new guests, or keep them, add at least one more Sonic character, and add Megaman, Chris Redfield, Phoenix Write, Pac-Man, and maybe in some alternate dimension, add Sly Cooper and Darth Vader.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Here's the thing to remember, a series with not many choices will get the shaft. In other words don't expect anything for Yoshi or Pikmin, so don't even bother.

Also the larger series will have more characters then the smaller series regardless, especially since they can justify it with the large assortments of characters. So Super Mario Bros. having 5 or 6, Pokemon having 8, and the Legend of Zelda having 6 isn't too far off. But the smaller series will be given a bone when ever possible, for example Kid Icarus getting Palutena or Fire Emblem getting Chrom.

For assorted franchises, this is harder to explain. The franchise in question would have a better chance if the series in question was made by one of Nintendo's 1st party studios as opposed to 2nd party for the sake of less paper work or meddling. This explains why Animal Crossing and Xenoblade would have an easier time with inclusion as opposed to Golden Sun or The Legendary Starfy. Still it isn't too far off of possibility to see something out of Nintendo's sub-studios, case in point Pokemon which is developed by Game Freak.

Retro is probably the most suggestive mainly due to the very large assortment out there. There is a slight pattern (loosely speaking) with two being included, one of which is a legacy character of sorts (ie Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B.). Though considering the assortment, there is very little stuff that is concrete out there. I'd presume The Mysterious Murasame Castle would one of the "bigger" choices out due to the more recent appearances, but no guarantees.

Third Party is controversial since there are very little slots to spare and the staff are not going out of their way to obtain them. Though nothing official, I'd presume that the roster would only have 4 at best out of 50, which would be about 8% of the roster. We already have Sonic and Snake, so that's already 2 down (presumably). So what would be the next choices out there? Since Namco Bandai is involved, there is the possibility of one of the characters from that company making an appearance, with Pac-man, Tekken, and Tales being the strongest possibilities at the moment. We don't know if there will be a 4th slot even, and we don't know who will appear in that. Arguably the 4th choice would be Mega Man out of popularity and approval from Capcom, but anything can fill that spot (if any at all).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mario: Want Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario as a transforming character. Waluigi wouldn't be bad either.
DK: KING K. ROOL, 'nuff said. series needs a villain.
The Legend of Zelda: ...Ghirahim wouldn't be bad to appear alongside Ganondorf. but, overall, I don't think the series will have another rep.
Metroid: The only character really relevant besides Samus is Ridley, but any of the Hunters from Metroid Prime 3 and Metroid Prime Hunters would be a nice addition, as would Anthony Higgs or Adam Malkovich from Other M.
Yoshi's Island: Kamek or nothing.
Kirby: I think they've already got the main characters here, but anyway, Bandanna Dee wouldn't be a bad idea.
Star Fox: Unlikely to get a newcomer, but Krystal and Leon would make unique fighters.
Pokémon: If they kept all the characters in Brawl alongside Mewtwo and added a 5th Gen Pokémon, it would be ideal.
F-Zero: If this series gets a newcomer, and that's a big if, only Goroh and Black Shadow have a shot.
EarthBound: Like F-Zero, I think this series is unlikely to have a newcomer.
Fire Emblem: I would expect Chrom joining Marth and Ike. Ike isn't likely going anywhere, because of his popularity.
Wario: I don't expect nor I think there will be newcomers from this series, really.
Pikmin: At the very least, Olimar will get skins based on Louie and the characters from Pikmin 3, as well as the new Pikmin species implemented on his moveset.
Kid Icarus: The question is: will Sakurai be biased? Palutena is almost guarantee, but Magnus and Dark Pit are surely my favored characters, and would make a representation similar to Kirby, as in featuring all the playable characters from the series.

Retro: Expect new series being represented here. There are many possibilities, and I support all retro characters, including Balloon Fighter, Prince of Sable or Lip. Ice Climbers, ROB and Mr. Game & Watch MUST STAY.
Other series: Expecting Golden Sun and Xenoblade.

Third Party: I'd like Sonic and Snake to return. Namco Bandai characters are likely.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
It's been said before, but it's much easier and more logical to view it on a character by character basis. Yoshi could get another rep, but do Kamek or Poochy deserve a spot?

Though, going by the premise of this thread. Fire Emblem could get 2 without anyone batting an eye, KI could get 1, Metroid is over due for at least one, LoZ could use one or two non-clones... Wario could get one, since Game and Wario is going to be one of Nintendo's big Wii-U releases. I believe that's all I'm going to cover... Oh, and a Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon rep.

nessokman

Smash Lord
mother needs a villain char.The masked man (transformationn claus) would be perfect

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
17 additional characters seems INCREDIBLY unlikely considering there will be less emphasis on more characters and so far we've had 12 in the original, 25 in Melee and 35 in Brawl.

I don't really see much point in adding a lot more characters for Mario, Zelda and Pokémon since they're pretty well represented as it is with the main characters for each series. While I love Fire Emblem, I don't think it's really deservant of having a 3rd character because popularity wise it isn't really that popular. Adding another character to the DK, Metroid and maybe Kid Icarus and F-Zero seems fair though.

mother needs a villain char.The masked man (transformationn claus) would be perfect
Earthbound having more than one character is already pushing it, the franchise will not be resumed and it wasn't even released in Europe.

D

Deleted member

I'm just about to make a video series based off characters per franchise, so I'm glad this came around.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
17 additional characters seems INCREDIBLY unlikely considering there will be less emphasis on more characters and so far we've had 12 in the original, 25 in Melee and 35 in Brawl.

I don't really see much point in adding a lot more characters for Mario, Zelda and Pokémon since they're pretty well represented as it is with the main characters for each series. While I love Fire Emblem, I don't think it's really deservant of having a 3rd character because popularity wise it isn't really that popular. Adding another character to the DK, Metroid and maybe Kid Icarus and F-Zero seems fair though.

Earthbound having more than one character is already pushing it, the franchise will not be resumed and it wasn't even released in Europe.
good argument. DK needs King K. Rool and perhaps Dixie, but... K. Rool first, please.

Kid Icarus will likely have Palutena as a new character, though Magnus and Dark Pit are good choices, too. if Kid Icarus had Pit, Dark Pit and Magnus as playable characters, it would parallel Kirby series' representation, by having the three playable characters in the franchise. but it will likely have Pit and Palutena as playable characters, with D. Pit as a color (and voice?) swap for Pit.

Fire Emblem having three characters isn't a stretch at all. while it may not be popular in the US or Europe, it is very popular in Japan. Marth isn't going anywhere and Ike is popular, so I doubt he'll be removed. Chrom will likely appear, because of Awakening, which is also the best selling FE ever. Roy is also popular and also appeared in Awakening, so he may return. Marth, Ike and Roy could be given Awakening costumes.

to emphasize on FE Awakening's popularity:
Nintendo World Report said:
Fire Emblem: Awakening, currently only available in Japan, sold around 1.2 million units since its April 2012 launch. Including the 380 million yen in DLC, the game has brought in about 2.4 billion yes (approximately $30.6 million) total, with the DLC accounting for around 15%.
Check the whole article here

for the Mario series, they could give Peach 3 costumes+voice swaps: Daisy, Rosalina and Pauline.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The biggest problems I have with the whole series representation thing is that it seems like people only argue it to satisfy some sort of abstract idea they have about the roster

I don't really care who gets in as long as they aren't just completely unnecessary and flat out dumb choices (like putting in Goomba as a character or something), I just want my characters to all feel and play unique, and also be fun to play as. I mean, y'all feel me? You can argue all you want about how this character is or isn't "deserving", or how this one would be a "better" choice; at the end of the day, if said character actually gets into Smash, are they going to really add more to Smash or do they simply fill all the criteria that people seem to have for new characters in Smash? I think that's some of the things we should all be asking

nessokman

Smash Lord
a 3 game series with a mass cult following in america and japan having more than 1 pushing it?

No sir, 2 was fine.3 is perfect representation.Who doesn't want a cannon shooting, sword swinging, psi weilding, superpowered kid with a jet pack? id rather have him than lucas

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
a 3 game series with a mass cult following in america and japan having more than 1 pushing it?

No sir, 2 was fine.3 is perfect representation.Who doesn't want a cannon shooting, sword swinging, psi weilding, superpowered kid with a jet pack? id rather have him than lucas

are you serious?

a series of THREE games, two of them never released outside of Japan and none released in Europe, and whose creator said that he won't continue the series is deserving three characters? that series was even lucky to have Ness in the original Smash!

at least Kid Icarus got worldwide attention and got rebooted recently, so putting three characters from that series could be a form of gaining more popularity. DK deserves more representation than EarthBound. even Fire Emblem deserves more that what had in Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why does Fire Emblem deserve more characters?

The characters are interchangeable anyway. Just a new sword wielding hero every game.

Fire Emblem never got worldwide release until almost recently, and even then not all the games in the series since have been worldwide releases. It's kind of a niche series compared to others like Mario and Zelda

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

The characters are interchangeable anyway. Just a new sword wielding hero every game.

Fire Emblem never got worldwide release until almost recently, and even then not all the games in the series since have been worldwide releases. It's kind of a niche series compared to others like Mario and Zelda
EarthBound is even more niche compared to Fire Emblem.

besides, for Fire Emblem, not all main characters are sword wielders, since you have Hector with axes, Ephraim with spears and Micaiah with magic.

and almost recently is like what, since 2003? it's been almost 10 years since the first Fire Emblem released outside of Japan.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, here's how I'll do this. I'll put any character on here that I feel has any sort of shot at playability. Those not on here I feel stand no chance. (unless I forgot, which I probably won't...). Bolded are my personal choices. All Brawlies stay in this example, so this is only returning Melee vets and newcomers. Keep in mind, the list is only 28 characters, with some not even being as likely, and others in a group where only one of them will be likely ( a "one or none, not both, situation).

Super Mario: 1 Character, 2 if given more time (unlikely) Possibilities: Toad and Bowser Jr. are most likely, with Paper Mario and Waluigi having an outside shot.

Legend of Zelda: Personally, I don't think we'll get one, but if they did, then Ghirahim.

Donkey Kong: 1 or 2. King K. Rool, plus Dixie if they allow a second.

Pokemon: Up to 2. Mewtwo's return, plus possibly Zoroark.

Kirby: See Zelda. If anyone, then Bandanna Dee is the only one with a shot.

Metroid: 1. Ridley.

Fire Emblem: 1 or 2. Roy's return, plus possibly Krom.

Star Fox: None more than likely, but Krystal if anyone. She's the only one with a shot, however small.

Yoshi: Lol. None.

Wario: None.

Pikmin: None.

Kid Icarus: 1. Palutena's really the only one with a lasting impact and longevity.

Mother: None.

F-Zero: One. Either Goroh or Black Shadow, with the former more likely. Definitely not both.

Retro: 2 here. Takamaru's a given. Throw in Mach Rider or Muddy Mole to suit your interest, as they have more going for them than some other retros.

Third Party: One more, and maybe an unlikely Namco rep. Mega Man is the most likely, repping good old Capcom. Pac Man in the case that Namco wants a character, which I don't see happening, personally, but the possibility's there.

New Series: Oy. Okay, I see 3 getting in, plus the Mii, filling the ROB/Game and Watch "hardware/history" niche. Little Mac has a strong shot with Western popularity. Saki is well-liked by Sakurai and "fits right in." His game was brought over here, as well. The two above are not effected by Sakurai's "worthiness" comment, as they were around prior to Melee.
From there, Starfy is the only other one I see as likely, being a 5 game series with pretty nice Japanese support. Not to mention he may see Starfy as worthy now, due to it going international.
Shulk and Isaac stand an outside shot. I'll explain my view on this if asked.

Anything other than the above is in my eyes excessive, unlikely, and/or unnecessary to add to the game.

This is just my view of things. Alternatively, below is my take on the "Newcomer Pool."

nessokman

Smash Lord
although never released, there are translations and fans are still passionate about it.

how were we lucky to get ness?at that time earthbound was new.Of course it was represented.Mother I was successful in japan. It was almost released in america, but the NES was outdated.It was completely translated.

Technically mother has 4 games countinng mother 1+2.

mother deserves 3 reps.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
although never released, there are translations and fans are still passionate about it.

how were we lucky to get ness?at that time earthbound was new.Of course it was represented.Mother I was successful in japan. It was almost released in america, but the NES was outdated.It was completely translated.
EarthBound was new at the time... I give you that. and I doubt Sakurai will take the rest in consideration.

Technically mother has 4 games countinng mother 1+2.

mother deserves 3 reps.
http://youtu.be/ztVMib1T4T4

so, by that "logic", Fire Emblem deserves what? 14 characters?

oh, and Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition is surely another entry into the franchise. cool story, bro.

with that post, you have completely disregarded logic, in favor of pure fanboy rage.

nessokman

Smash Lord
also people have started a fan made game that looks incredible.

3 chars would be great for smash. Don't tell me mother doesn't have incredible villains. There is more potential in mother chars than fire emblem, as mother has more variety among char weapons and styles.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hell, if fan games are anything to go by, Pokemon would have even more reps than it does now...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
also people have started a fan made game that looks incredible.

3 chars would be great for smash. Don't tell me mother doesn't have incredible villains. There is more potential in mother chars than fire emblem, as mother has more variety among char weapons and styles.
look, villains are cool and all. really, Smash's roster lacks villains. but almost everybody would rather have K. Rool and Ghirahim before an EarthBound one.

and Fire Emblem also has good villains, like the Black Knight, Medeus or Nergal. even a sword based character has potential for a unique moveset. but I still don't think that the Mother series should get 3 characters.

about the fan games: those are like the CD-i games, they are irrelevant for Smash Bros.

Hell, if fan games are anything to go by, Pokemon would have even more reps than it does now...
indeed...

nessokman

Smash Lord
either way, smash chars aren't decided by number of games. More likely its decided by popularity.Pokemon, mario, zelda, and kirby would still be the most represented. It is probably based on popularity.Mpther can easily have 3.no more than 3, but 3 nonetheless.

Mother needs a villain.Masked man, lucas, and ness are perfect.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The biggest problems I have with the whole series representation thing is that it seems like people only argue it to satisfy some sort of abstract idea they have about the roster

I don't really care who gets in as long as they aren't just completely unnecessary and flat out dumb choices (like putting in Goomba as a character or something), I just want my characters to all feel and play unique, and also be fun to play as. I mean, y'all feel me? You can argue all you want about how this character is or isn't "deserving", or how this one would be a "better" choice; at the end of the day, if said character actually gets into Smash, are they going to really add more to Smash or do they simply fill all the criteria that people seem to have for new characters in Smash? I think that's some of the things we should all be asking
This man gets it.

Characters should be included/excluded based on popularity and what they can bring to the table in terms of a unique play style. If characters were simply chosen as a result of representation then the Metroid series would have at least 3 or 4 character slots while the Star Fox series would have 2 at max. And the Pokemon/Mario/Zelda series would make up 3/4 of the roster considering those 3 are far and away Nintendo's most popular and successful franchises.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This man gets it.

Characters should be included/excluded based on popularity and what they can bring to the table in terms of a unique play style. If characters were simply chosen as a result of representation then the Metroid series would have at least 3 or 4 character slots while the Star Fox series would have 2 at max. And the Pokemon/Mario/Zelda series would make up 3/4 of the roster considering those 3 are far and away Nintendo's most popular and successful franchises.
I think it's a mix of both. you can't compare the popularity of Zelda with the popularity of EarthBound. you just can't. for me, King K. Rool and Ghirahim are more interesting characters.

don't get me wrong, the Masked Man isn't a bad character at all. I wouldn't mind him appearing in SSB4, but I think there are other characters that deserve more.

but nessokman wasn't using the best logic to justify the inclusion of his character.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think it's a mix of both. you can't compare the popularity of Zelda with the popularity of EarthBound. you just can't. for me, King K. Rool and Ghirahim are more interesting characters.

don't get me wrong, the Masked Man isn't a bad character at all. I wouldn't mind him appearing in SSB4, but I think there are other characters that deserve more.

but nessokman wasn't using the best logic to justify the inclusion of his character.
That's why I also said popular. Masked Man is unique, but not popular or widely requested in any shape or form.

nessokman

Smash Lord
the masked man has the best backstory AND would have the most variety to his moveset. Long range cannon and PSI attacks and short ranged sword along with a jet pack.He would be the perfect char. A villain who is light weight, but also powerful.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
the masked man has the best backstory AND would have the most variety to his moveset. Long range cannon and PSI attacks and short ranged sword along with a jet pack.He would be the perfect char. A villain who is light weight, but also powerful.
he's got style and he's got badassery, I get it. but he lacks one thing: popularity.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You're not grasping the fact that Masked Man is not popular in the slightest. The only non-requested characters that get into Smash are iconic retros like Ice Climbers, R.O.B, and G&W. Everyone else is either widely known/popular or has a strong cult following.

Masked Man has no chance.

nessokman

Smash Lord
a light villan char is what smash needs.Masked man fits that role perfectly.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Ummm.I don't remember everyome going insane wanting ike.

The masked man has support.Lucas was hated in brawl so there is a good chance he'll be replaced.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
you know what? Screw this discussion. your posts have stopped making sense long ago. come on now, all you care about is whether or not your favorite character makes the cut or not, and rub it on the others' face.

I'm just outta here.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can guarantee that if Lucas gets cut, another Mother character won't replace him, and especially not Masked Man. I'm taking that that's what you were implying.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hate Chrome...messing up my post.

I'll edit it.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Before people ask, I'm talking about how many reps should be added.

Super Mario: 2 (Bowser Junior, Toad, Waluigi or Paper Mario)
Legend of Zelda: 0/1 (Keeps fingers crossed for Vaati. I personally think Ghirahims chances are overestimated)
Donkey Kong: 1/2 (K.Rool, Dixie)
Pokemon: 1/2( Mewtwo, Zoraork)
Kirby: 0/1 (Doesn't need it but if he does get one it will most likely be Bandana Dee or Knuckle Joe)
Metroid: 1 (...Ridley)
Fire Emblem: 1/2 (Roy, Chrom)
Star Fox: 0/1 (Another one that doesn't need it but still might get one - Krystal, Slippy)
Yoshi: 0
Wario: 0
Pikmin: 0
Kid Icarus: 1 (I don't think he'll get more than 1 - *Palutena*, Medusa, Hades, Hector)
Mother: 0/1 (see comment about Kirby - Masked Man/Claus)
F-Zero: 1 (Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh)
Retro: 2 (it's always been 2 - Takamaru and ???)
Third Party:1/2 (Megaman, ???)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Note this is what I would personally would like but also keeping within a more realistic light. I have a strong feeling a larger emphasis will be on establishing new franchises instead of expanding existing ones

Super Mario Bros.: Toad (1)
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong (2)
Yoshi: None
Wario: None
The Legend of Zelda: None
Metroid: Ridley (1)
Kid Icarus: Palutena (1)
Kirby: None
Pokemon: Return of Mewtwo; Introduces Zoroark. (2)
Fire Emblem: Return of Roy; Introduces Chrom. (2)
Star Fox: None
F-Zero: None
Mother/Earthbound: None
Pikmin: None
Ice Climber: None
Game & Watch: None
R.O.B.: None
Metal Gear: None
Sonic the Hedgehog: None
New franchise: Shulk from Xenoblade, Little Mac from Punch-Out!!, Villager from Animal Crossing. (3)
New retro: Takameru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Jack from Sheriff. (2)
New third party: Mega Man from Mega Man, Pac-man from Pac-man (2)

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
Ummm.I don't remember everyome going insane wanting ike.

The masked man has support.Lucas was hated in brawl so there is a good chance he'll be replaced.
jiggs was hated in 64 it's still around.

also think about the japan fanbace as well (tho canceling my statement out XD)

Aipom

Smash Journeyman

I honestly share the same beliefs, but one can't deny there is enough popularity to warrant 2 or 3 slots. If they could make swordusers more unique, I would support them more.

Note this is what I would personally would like but also keeping within a more realistic light. I have a strong feeling a larger emphasis will be on establishing new franchises instead of expanding existing ones due to the
I feel this is true as well. I know Xenoblade was named 2nd best game of 2012. Animal Crossing sold nearly 1 million more units than the 2nd highest game in Japan for November. Punch Out has made recent strives in popularity with the Wii game, and Takamaru is now a theme in Nintendo Land.

All of these series, plus another retro series or 2, all merit a character in my opinion.

*Side note: I feel as though the genie Shantae could make a nice unexpected character. She was an old Gameboy game, which recently had a huge success in DsiWare & an upcoming Wii-U game*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing with that is that Shantae is actually 3rd Party, reducing her chances. She'd be cool, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom