• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Series Representation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Skull Kid in Majora's Mask didn't have any power. He gained the power in Majora's Mask from MAJORA.

Seriously, in Twilight Princess, he didn't even have the mask. Without the mask, he isn't strong or nearly important enough to get a roster spot.

Skull Kid was not the one who had the plan to crash the moon into the earth, Majora *(who had possessed him) came up with that. Skull Kid was a pawn.

This is why I don't understand the skull kid supporters. Majora was the actual villain causing the problems, and without Majora, the Skull Kid would have nothing in that game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, but no one knew that Majora was sentient until you get to the end

Skull kid is the perceived villain.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Skull Kid in Majora's Mask didn't have any power. He gained the power in Majora's Mask from MAJORA.

Seriously, in Twilight Princess, he didn't even have the mask. Without the mask, he isn't strong or nearly important enough to get a roster spot.

Skull Kid was not the one who had the plan to crash the moon into the earth, Majora *(who had possessed him) came up with that. Skull Kid was a pawn.

This is why I don't understand the skull kid supporters. Majora was the actual villain causing the problems, and without Majora, the Skull Kid would have nothing in that game.
A character can have support even if that character isn't particularly powerful, canon power doesn't matter in Smash. It's not like people are actually suggesting Skull Kid without the mask anyway. Also, it's not like Skull Kid has zero fighting potential, he has just as much as some of the other characters did pre-inclusion. That said, I don't actually think he has any sort of chance, but he could hypothetically work, though it would be his MM incarnation, with the mask.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A character can have support even if that character isn't particularly powerful, canon power doesn't matter in Smash. It's not like people are actually suggesting Skull Kid without the mask anyway. Also, it's not like Skull Kid has zero fighting potential, he has just as much as some of the other characters did pre-inclusion. That said, I don't actually think he has any sort of chance, but he could hypothetically work, though it would be his MM incarnation, with the mask.
This is true. What i'm referring more to though, is how he is being argued as more important than Sheik because of appearances or whatever.

Sheik is still around with the many remakes of OoT, while Skull Kid has changed his role in almost all of the games. The only game in which he is a "villain" is Majora's Mask. Otherwise, he really isn't that important, other than being a VERY minor character.

While a Majora's Mask remake could happen, and it could boost his chances, I just don't see it.

Anyway, to keep onto the subject of the thread...

Mario; 0-1 Characters. With the smaller expansion this time, I don't think we'll get more than one, if that.
Donkey Kong: 1-2. Definitely K. Rool, maybe Dixie if a 2nd character is added
Yoshi: NOPE
WarioWare: NOPE
Zelda: 0-1. Ghirahim (as much as I like him) is this gens Zant/ Midna. Skull Kid is meh to me.
Metroid: RIDLEY ( or Dark Samus if they refuse to include Ridley)
Kid Icarus: 0-2. My bet is on just getting Palutena, but there is a chance they could get two from the great pool of characters from Uprising. Or an upsetting zero =/
Retro: I'm assuming Takamaru and Little Mac if he is considered retro. But i'm not sure otherwise.
Pokemon: 0-1. I really don't think any Pokemon rep will out do Mewtwo. If they do add another, my guess is going to be Zoroark. I don't see Lucario going anywhere.
Star Fox: HOPEFULLY NOPE
Fire Emblem: 1-2. I foresee Roy coming back, but if not him, i'm sure Krom will be added.
Mother: Meh... I don't think they need another one
F-Zero: 0-1. I really don't see the need to have another F-Zero character because of the lack of games in the last 10 years. But Goroh if we get one.
Pikmin: Fine as it is
New IP's: I'm not going to guess how many, but I would say Shulk leads the pack. Then you have characters like Stary, Isaac, etc...
3rd Parties: 1-2. I'd like to see Snake and Sonic stay. I can see Megaman and a Namco character getting in as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Sheik did nothing at all in her ONLY appearance. Teaches you a song on the harp, then vanishes (which is the only real canon move she has actually lol). And worse, she then gets scrapped from Twilight Princess. :/ Didn't even return in Skyward Sword, cause we got Impa who showed ACTUAL battle skills -if only a little- which is far more than most NPC Zelda characters do, Sheik included.

Skull Kid at least has multiple appearances, and did do at least SOME misshief on his own in Majora's Mask. Sure the power was from Majora, but it wasn't like he was just a mere puppet. Plus, he appeared in Twilight Princess twice as a mini-boss (bosses and mini-bosses are of equal difficulty in TP though lol) and showed combat powers of his own as the wind flute, controlling puppets and well, other ****.

Anyways, he would've been the better choice over Sheik. Even in Melee. But it's far too late for that now, just a 'what could have been'-character possibility that never came true, and probably never will.

Personally, I'd kick Sheik out for Impa any day of the week but have accepted her now since of late I guess... :/ Doesn't mean I have to like it still. Just hope Sheik will ACTUALLY get a NEW appearance then if she will keep on showing her face in Smash to annoy me.

As of series representation, I think it's pretty guranteed that we get at least one newcomer for the Mario, Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem series. Which is cool, cause they are all about my favorite series (Mario a bit less than the other two though, order being DK>>>FE>Mario). So that gets me quite excited. Characters from these series where already planned for Brawl to appear in, but where amongst the 'Forbidden 7'. So maybe, we could get 2 newcomers for them.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meh, the only characters from Majora's Mask I want are Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link, and Tingle.

:phone:

grizby2

Smash Lord
wouldn't it be interesting if we DIDN'T see any newcomers from EXISTING franchises?
maybe that ought to be some type of roster mini-game.

ANYWAY.

mario: 0-1 (wouldn't be here if it weren't for the plumber, so i guess 1 more wouldn't hurt. im ok with 0 though)
Donkey kong: 1 (probably K. Rool or dixie, leaning more towards K. Rool.)
Yoshi: 0 (dont act like we cant see what you're doing yoshi...we KNOW <>_<>)
warioware: 0 (we see you TOO wario -_-)
Zelda: 0-1 (would like to see another villain, if no characters are added, then id like to see some de-cloning)
samus: 0-1 (samus reps her own series well, but if we get another rep, then it had better be good, and WORK good.)
kid icarus: 0-1 (imo its new and doesn't deserve any more than 1 new character. imo pit is a retro character and is well on his own anyway, but hes seen a bit of polished popularity as of late so...)
retro: 1-2 (theres ALOT of great retro characters out there and i'll be down right shocked if i dont see any added this time around)
kirby: 0-1 (the main cast is pretty much already in smash now, but if theres another addition, it had BETTER make my head explode)
pikmin: 0 (fine as is)
star fox: 0-1 (pretty good representation already, just needs more de-cloning with fox/falco. high expectations for any new-comers)
f-zero: 0-1 (falcon is fine as is,but i'd love to see another character. f-zero has alot of great characters with different flavors! *coughGOROHcough*)
pokemon: 0-1 (id like the current ones to stay, id like to see mewtwo back but would also like something new. hard to decide)
Fire emblem: 1 (i expect 1 to be added, hopefully NOT another sword lord though!)
mother: 0-1 (ness and lucas are great on their own, but if they get another slot (unlikely), then the new addition MUST bring something new to the table!)
3rd party: 1-2[?] (if we keep sonic and snake, then only 1 new 3rd party char should be added. im almost confident that sonic will stay for some mysterious reason, so if snake is the only 3rd party char removed, then id like to see 2 more 3rd party characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom