• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Else Left from Metroid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Sure, we all want Ridley, but I bet they could be other potential characters from the series, Like Dark Samus
/Metroid Prime
or Anthony Higgs.

What do you think? Who would you want(other than Ridley)?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Always was a supporter of Anthony Higgs, but people never really took me seriously. Don't know what the problem would be with him though. He's easily the most viable rep outside of Ridley of coarse. Perhaps Dark Samus would also be good, but I would think that she / it would've been in Brawl if she / it was ever planned. Anthony is recent, has a good role
-is just about one of the best things of Other M-
and perhaps will continue appearing in later installments.

If the latter is true, I see no reason to pop up his popularity in Smash. Would depend on roster size though. He'd make a good Luigified Zero Suit Samus clone if they wanted. Mixing physical attacks (slower and stronger than ZSS though) with lasers from his laser gun. Would make them *****es acknowlegde, respect, and finally: remember him. :smirk:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
1.Ridley
2.Dark Samus
Sylux/Weavel

I choose only Sylux and Weavel because their the only 2 Hunters that have the most backstory and is linked to Samus and probly the only hunters outta the 6 to be a main boss/villian in a future metroid game.

*cough* ahemm..*couggh*
Prime4

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally I want Fusion Suit Samus... knowing Sakurai, I expect her to end up a clone of regular Samus. So at the very least, I'd like Fusion Suit Samus to shoot Ice Missiles (Smash Side+B) or Diffusion Missiles (Charged Side+B) and Ice Beam (Neutral B). And instead of shooting fire like regular Samus, she shoots ice. Her Final Smash would be Ice Spreader from Metroid Prime (ice version of regular Samus's Zero Laser but without the Zero Suit Samus transformation). And unlike regular Samus, Fusion Suit Samus would be able to jump multiple times via Space Jump upgrade. It'd be nice to have another ice-based fighter besides Ice Climbers. :awesome:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Personally I want Fusion Suit Samus... knowing Sakurai, I expect her to end up a clone of regular Samus. So at the very least, I'd like Fusion Suit Samus to shoot Ice Missiles (Smash Side+B) or Diffusion Missiles (Charged Side+B) and Ice Beam (Neutral B). And instead of shooting fire like regular Samus, she shoots ice. Her Final Smash would be Ice Spreader from Metroid Prime (ice version of regular Samus's Zero Laser but without the Zero Suit Samus transformation). And unlike regular Samus, Fusion Suit Samus would be able to jump multiple times via Space Jump upgrade. It'd be nice to have another ice-based fighter besides Ice Climbers. :awesome:
That was something I want as well! An older version of the Zero Suit(shown at the end of Fusion) could be included.

I also want a Dark Suit or Light Suit Samus; one that would shoot Light and Dark Beams.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey hey hey! Anthony uses ice as well remember! Infact,
if it wheren't for his ice blaster he'd be dead
. And he'd be a nice Luigified clone of Zero Suit Samus at the very least. Trade whipping attacks for smashes or blasts with his laser canon, and we're cool. Change up the Paralyser or ICE-O-LATOR and we have a perfectly fine character. ;) Change his moves to be slower, but more powerful, and we have yet another good human character in Smash.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ice and diffusion missiles? Pfft. That's got nothing on what Rundas can do with ice. Still think Rundas would be a much better choice than anyone else in the series in having a unique ice-based moveset. Also probably helps that unlike Anthony, he wasn't from what was pretty much a universally hated game.

But as far as Fusion Samus, I'd just be happy enough if they made the real Fusion Suit an alternate skin and not this.. abomination.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Suit?file=FusionSuit.jpg

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Baby Metroid

D

Deleted member

Ridley, Dark Samus, Anthony Higgs, Rundas and MB (a friend's dream).

Smash Rookie
Space Pirates,
Admiral dane (remember him?)
Rundas/Ghor/Ganyaranda,
Phantoon,
Mother Brain,
MB,
The rest of the guys from Other M we don't care about,
Elite Pirates, Omega Pirates,
3 space chimps and a Space Kangaroo,
The rest of the hunters from Prime Hunters,
Botwoon,
Draygon,
the red guy with long arms you defeat by LAVA
Sax-10 (did I spell it right? I haven't played much of Fusion)

And here's the Metroid character list: http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Metroid_characters

And that sums up the rest

Anyways, I would love to have Anthony Higgs be in the next Smash Bros, heck, in the next Metroid game, but Adam also has a pretty realistic chance of appearing, considering how important he is. But to tell you the truth, I don't think anyone from Other M is coming into the game. Or Metroid in general. But if there was one, it will most likly be Ridley, but I doubt that'll happen (at least he was a boss four times in SSE!)

Remember Me?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I say dark says takes priority over rundas
But he is my choice for a hunter character

yh no doubt dark samus has priority over rundas but that guy here got me thinking about rundas. i think he would makena better char then anyone from metroid tbh.

Would you say its pushing it having 2 new metroid newcomers?
But then again no series in smash has got 2 newcomers of the same series.Well except LoZ but toon/young link a clone so doesnt really count..

Ridley & Rundas Would be sooo sweet my life would be complete.

But if Ridley gets in i would want K.Rool & Mewtwo over and 3rd metroid rep.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
yh no doubt dark samus has priority over rundas but that guy here got me thinking about rundas. i think he would makena better char then anyone from metroid tbh.

But then again no series in smash has got 2 newcomers of the same series.Well except LoZ but toon/young link a clone so doesnt really count..

Zelda got 4 newcomers in Melee, Mario 3, and Pokemon 2. And Pokemon again got 2 more in Brawl (but cut the previous 2 newcomers :rolleyes: ). Dunno if it would be pushing it, depends on roster size I guess.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
IMO, Fox and Wolf are all that's needed for SSB4. The protagonist and his rival. And well, to be honest, I really don't like that all three Star Fox characters have the same movesets. I wouldn't mind having all three of them if they were all different from each other but it seems unlikely at this point. Sakurai might as well allocate Falco's stats/moves to Fox and Wolf and be done with it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

I only brought up Rundas because someone said they wanted another ice-based fighter besides Ice Climbers, and Rundas would undoubtedly have a more unique ice moveset than Fusion Samus with ice/diffusion missiles, Anthony with an ice blaster, or anything else from Metroid. With the way he uses his powers it would be almost like having Marvel's Iceman himself. Rundas also has one of the more memorable battle themes that I would love hearing on any stage regardless if he's included or not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Do you think Starfox should have 2 or 3 chars in Sm4sh?

I don't see a reason to cut either Falco or Wolf. Revamp their specials a little (Wolf less so than Falco) and I think they're fine. Cause honestly, I don't even consider Falco to be much of a clone ever since Brawl actually. So, 3 StarFox characters is fine.

umegames

Smash Cadet
SPIRE

Metroid Prime Hunters. Add him to the list of heavy weights, perfect IMO

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
SPIRE

Metroid Prime Hunters. Add him to the list of heavy weights, perfect IMO
He was my main! xD fully charged magmaul's used to destroy noob alt abusers.

Things that i would rage at:

If Starfox & Kirby Get 4 chars in total
If Mother & Kid Icarus get 3 chars in total
If Metroid doesnt get a second rep or it does but its Anthony

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
IMO, Fox and Wolf are all that's needed for SSB4. The protagonist and his rival. And well, to be honest, I really don't like that all three Star Fox characters have the same movesets. I wouldn't mind having all three of them if they were all different from each other but it seems unlikely at this point. Sakurai might as well allocate Falco's stats/moves to Fox and Wolf and be done with it.
The main problem with cutting someone from the Star Fox characters is that they've constantly been among the strongest characters so SSB have taken a liking to them. It seems unlikely that such characters would be cut without fan outcry. What would help a great deal is if they stopped being variations of one design and instead show some of the other things from the series. Why isn't Falco using a bazooka or grenades for example?

As for Metroid, the focus has always been on Samus alone, she's a bounty hunter after all. Besides Ridley there isn't a workable character for the Metroid series to be represented by. The baby Metroid or Mother Brain would be interesting, but near-impossible to implement. Other versions of Samus don't have enough substance to warrant their own unique character. There's no need to cram in a character just so a series has more representatives.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
After reading (well, sometimes skimming) through most of this, I'm surprised no one said the obvious answer:

ZERO Zero Suit Samus.

But no, after Ridley, we gotta add Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Robo Ridley, Ridley-X, Other M Freaky-Looking Ridley, Red Ridley, Purple Ridley, Green Ridley, Blue Ridley, Orange Ridley, White Ridley, Zero Suit Ridley, Ridley Ball Z, and the Fiddler on the Roof Ridley.

I can hear it right now: "RIDLEY! RIDLEY! ROCK THE RIDLEY! RIDLEY BALL ZEEEHHHHH!!! RIDLEY! RIDLEY! COME GET ME!!!" "IF I WAS A RICH RIDLEY, AH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH, THEN I'D HAVE ALL THE SAMUSES IN THE WORLD, AND I'D BE A WEALTHY RIIIIDDDLLLLLLEEEEYYYY..."

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
After reading (well, sometimes skimming) through most of this, I'm surprised no one said the obvious answer:

ZERO Zero Suit Samus.

But no, after Ridley, we gotta add Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Robo Ridley, Ridley-X, Other M Freaky-Looking Ridley, Red Ridley, Purple Ridley, Green Ridley, Blue Ridley, Orange Ridley, White Ridley, Zero Suit Ridley, Ridley Ball Z, and the Fiddler on the Roof Ridley.

I can hear it right now: "RIDLEY! RIDLEY! ROCK THE RIDLEY! RIDLEY BALL ZEEEHHHHH!!! RIDLEY! RIDLEY! COME GET ME!!!" "IF I WAS A RICH RIDLEY, AH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH, THEN I'D HAVE ALL THE SAMUSES IN THE WORLD, AND I'D BE A WEALTHY RIIIIDDDLLLLLLEEEEYYYY..."
Don't forget Little Birdy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Little Birdie preys on honey and doesn't give a **** what people think. If Anthony wasn't in Other M, he'd officially be the bad *** from the game.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Things that i would rage at:

If Metroid doesnt get a second rep or it does but its Anthony

B-but, he was the only good character in Other M. How could hate him?

You got no style!:awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh ****!

Anthony references all the way!

Don't ya know how to treat a lady!? *big damn plasma shot appears* BOOM!!!

Also:

Seriously though, he's like, the only black guy in Nintendo history? He'd be the best WTF-addition character I can think of. Impa is cool to, but she'd be far less of a shock than Anthony would be.

I just don't see the problem with having him. Sure, if he's Other M only it'd be troublesome, but what if he isn't? I could see him re-appear in the series, and frankly I'm hoping for it.

Shall I do a moveset?
Taunts will be done first :awesome:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oh ****!

Anthony references all the way!

Don't ya know how to treat a lady!? *big damn plasma shot appears* BOOM!!!

Also:

Seriously though, he's like, the only black guy in Nintendo history? He'd be the best WTF-addition character I can think of. Impa is cool to, but she'd be far less of a shock than Anthony would be.

I just don't see the problem with having him. Sure, if he's Other M only it'd be troublesome, but what if he isn't? I could see him re-appear in the series, and frankly I'm hoping for it.

Shall I do a moveset?
Taunts will be done first :awesome:
Because imo i bet majority of people would rather have several metroid reps over him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Ganondorf qualifies as Arabic.

Anthony is unlikely but if he was included I would main him instantly.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Mother Brain. Seriously, just re-design her and re-size her in order to be in this.
And people say Ridley is too big and awkward..

Rundas>Noxus right?

Noxus is a damn sick name though.

If Ridley dont get in i think Rundas would satisfy me his moveset potential would be stunning. I would want him over Dark Samus & Weavel maybe over Sylux too.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mother Brain would be the most awkward character ever.
I think Ganondorf qualifies as Arabic.
But part of the Arabian Peninsula is in African, so thus, he could also be African.

Still, you are right; African/Arabian ancestry does not equal being black. Heck, black is just a color, and no one is really black! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom