• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stupid things we say while playing ssbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
EDIT: My original post here fit the title well, for it was very stupid, so I erased it. In this thread just say dumb stuff you or your friends say while playing melee.

HeroIII

Smash Rookie
Turn Caps Lock off

As great as your matches obviously are, please relate them to something relative to SSBM instead of rambling IN CAPS for 20 lines. Thank you. And don't type in caps.

soberfox

BRoomer
BRoomer
Every tourney I've went to, and amongst my own crew, we generally don't say "stupid" things. Randomly sometimes funny stuff will come out though. Usually we just make small talk, usually about smash. Some latenights though when playing other members of my crew, we just get off on random topics and kind of forget we are playing smash. This can sometimes go on for hours at a time. Just match after match..heh, love those nights.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I just call my friend a noob or a cheater whenever he spikes me with his Ganondorf during my Fox Illusion. He's neither a noob or a cheater but it makes me feel better.

Jasona

Smash Ace
whenever someone is trying to recover, and I'm obviously much better than they are, I keep telling them... "you can make it... if you believe"

Hoefler

BRoomer
Usually the Cook County Crew and I say things that we've said since we've known each other, just in a SSBM context.

We have a rule that when someone is taunting you can't touch them at all, especially Bowser. Cunning usually breaks this rule anyway because he takes even friendly matches too seriously.

Also, when I play a JPuff and I rest my friend who's playing Bowser I usually go: "mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." or "uhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnn". Trail has the game paused anyway so we do that for about 3 minutes.

We frequently pause the game when funny things on screen are happening. Sometimes Trail and I just pause for no reason and sit there with no expression on our face... then we unpause when Cunning isn't ready, heh.

Yeah, no stupid sayings, just stupid actions.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
1v1 match
Peach vs. Fox

-Peach *with British accent*: after 3 mintues into the encounter the timid fox sees that he is no match for the pink virgin

-Fox * on ground *: GODDMT Im NEO ... i cant die

-Peach *with shake's voice (which he does perfectly- ATHF)* : wel.. well i am the matrix... ****

-Fox: Shuttup u always DSMASH AND DO LIKE 60 DAMAGE

-Peach * sensitivly approaches unconscience fox and crouches the way she does to give consoltation and emotional support to the reluctant fox*: Well.... Before you were concieved.... ur momy would dsmash and do like 300 damage

-Fox *almost crying*mutters: an da .. anda dam turniiips...

-Peach: little foxy is forgeting... there is no turnips

-Fox: follows , MANY MANY OBSENITIES that I would have to caps lock for like a whole paqragraph.

Peach 3 stocked him and afterwards a new peace slogan was formed.

" FEAR THE PINK VIRGIN. "

JDouGH

Smash Rookie
Stupid things

My friends and I call people "Joe Buddon" when they "Jump off" also ... we say "Peace to mateo (Ma-tay-o)" 2pac says somthing or other like that. After falling off doing a wave dash a friend of mine called it a "grave dash" ha....calling young link "Young Dink" Calling the hammer the "Blam hammer"

Glide

Smash Ace
I think the ultimate stupid stuff comes from Aaron of Canada.

"OH PWNAGE TO THE MAXOR"

and "AWWW SPIKE!!!! AWW SPIKE TO THE MAXOR!"

Those two take the cake, along with

"Why'd you do that mike, are you a noob-a?"
and
"Infinite combo!!!!"

I don't think it really gets any better than that.

I suppose "I HATE LIFE!" gets an honorable mention; that got me rolling for a couple of minutes.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Uhh, lesse. A man in our crew Yells out.., "DONKEY STORRM!" Well, use to yell out. And, "C-c-c-c-c-OMBO breakerf" use to be popular.

Omni

BRoomer
"You don't know me, or my kind."

My personal favorite.

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
I think my personal favorite (because it's SO @#$%ing lame) is whenever my friend juggles me with Fox or I juggle him w/ my Marth, we end up saying "Would you like some fries with your combo?"

The other is whenever I hit him with Marth's sword tip I end up going "This is my boom stick!"

Mav

Furries For The Win
LMAO. I love this thread. Many new things to say while smashing ^_^

I'll deffinetly wind up using "Boom Stick" with Marth =)

UNDlSPUT3D

Smash Journeyman
Reffering to certain people...

Our freind Sean Plays Falco here in AZ and his last name just happens to Start with a B, so instead of calling him Sean B we call him Sean FORWARD B, because he notoriously kills himself with that move during important times...The falco illusion...That's pretty funny I guess.

Whenever someone get's a really ******** ledge gaurd, I say in a suprising tone of voice: What the LUCK!?

Hmm...If you've seen Napolean Dynamite, whenever someone does something good, instead of complimenting it, we use the common phrase that napolean uses: Luuucky...

Some black dood down in Phoenix when he's winning he likes to say:
I TOOK YO COOKIES...

Or sometimes I'll grunt really obnoxiously like a rapper in a dmx song when I spike someone...

When something really ownz us, we like to say: OWWWWW My tummy...Because a friend of ours Zarelid/Trevyn sounds like he's in TRUE PAIN when he talks, so we mock him with that.

EXAMPLE: Ohhh myyy goooood, soooooo gaaaaaay. =(

Also he does this: Huh what!? When something pretty typical happens, like getting grabbed when you're stand behind the person grabbing you, or getting tippered by marth...

And people make fun of me cause when I first started playing with people here I used to get owned, and then I'd start cussing furiously to keep myself from actually getting mad...The exact lines would go: Oh my fVcking Gwad! That's so FVcking cheap, FVCK YOU!
( I would have just put OMFG and such but you wouldn't really get the whole effect, sorry if that offends anyone, but yeah, it's what I would say, if you play me you would know. ^^:)

That's pretty much it...unless I'm forgetting something..

PS: I can't believe you read any of this.

Morkexil

Smash Apprentice
My friend often starts shouting certain things whenever he tries to hit me, he'll say something everytime he does a move, most of it goes:
Death!! Pissed!! Ultimate!! **** you up!! **** you up!! Pissed!! Ultimate!! Death!! Can't handle it!! Death!!

Its especially funny when he says the "ultimate", like he'll be coming at me with Luigi's ftilt and I'm like "thats his 'ultimate'?":crazy: lol

Sometimes what I do is every single time I get hit, I'll say "oh thats cheap crap", "pure luck", "game glitched there", "weak" etc. It gets annoying pretty fast heh.

Special K 554

Smash Journeyman
Our crew uses CCCCCCCombo breaker as well, it's really funny. And my partner says" Cooooookie Crips!" sometimes, it's priceles... I usually use some stupid word + ed at the end of the word. Like, WAFFFLED!

I think that Aaron dude from Punch Crew is **** funny too....

sven27

Smash Cadet
When we play SSBM or SSB in school, one of my friends is extremely obsessed with trying to get (and sometimes suceeding with nubs) all the kills available. When its just me and him left I try to deny him of this goal by suiciding (he's much better than me and usually ends up having a life up on me when we are left). My favorite line is "Must suicide to victory!"

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
all cuss words

and we decided to use the 4 letter names. And one was Trav. For some reason it was so funny, so I yelled "Trav!" everytime my friend killed me or something.

Omni

BRoomer
AHA!

SO YOU'RE THE FIEND THAT HAD THAT NAME TAKEN.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I will often say things like "i could of recovered" or "thats bull**** i was shielding/ dodged" also if i do something really stupid like kill myself ill say "I meant to do that".

I also like to pause the game before i spike someone on their last stock and tell them "the future is to be foretold"

If i ever get the electric knee, tippers, dair spikes i always have to throw in "Ow,my face"

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i used to call Doc's F.air "Gansta Punch"...and would go out of my way to use it every chance i get, hit or miss, just so i could exclaim "GANGSTA PUNCH!!!"
Eventually my crew learned to associate the Doc Punch as the Gangsta punch...and well, word went around with out me knowing...
some time later i had met a stranger and started talking about melee....and some point in our convo doc came up, and he brought up his cool gangsta punch...i was like, "What the feck!?"
not really funny..just interesting.

i dunno about crew catch phrases now...but me and a friend just happen to scream "AOAOAOAOAOGH" all in a deep distorted voice(like an extension of what it sounds like when u uppercut Shao Khan, lol) if we get hit really fancy/comboed the crap outta.

oh yeah, we also just call certain moves "the-"
Zelda's kicks are " THE FOOT"(and such more that ripsoff from the ever famous knee)
We also call characters by poorly parodied versions. Falco is Flaco, Marth is Marf or Martha, and Captain Falcon is merely Captain Flaco.
sometimes i call Link Blink or Plink =_=......yeah...i still haven't found anything catchy or half clever for him yet.

Ragnarok503

Smash Apprentice
I just like to repeat the taunts right after my character says it because it really pisses my friend off :D. *does foxes taunt* Yea, Come on Evan, Your playing like a moron! That gets him going.... and the "Did I win?" victory by Peach, I like to respond "yea, did i evan? Did I?"

I think I just realized why he doesn't like to play against me anymore :p

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
While me and my ***** play, when we get hit by an unexpected attack we usually hell out f***, which makes my mom mad. He gets me mad sometimes too because when he kills me sometimes he rubs it in my face yelling Yea!!! U suck, haha......he knows hes gonna lose regardless so when i spike him or something he slaps the control out my hand, grabs it and runs off the level, wouldnt that be mad annoying?:mad:

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I have a friend who says some wierd ****.
Anytime you are on fire he yells "cooked"
Calls yoshi "rubber head" and "yogurt"
Calls falco "cone head"
If i suicide he tells me "ya ill teach you that one some day"
If he suicides he says "merry christmas"

As for me...every so often I'll show them where the L button is and tell them "check it out...you use this to L cancel"
Anytime they suicide i'll say "scare tactics" because my mere presence causes them to fall off the stage.
Anytime i kill them with a missle i give credit by saying "deadly aim"

Anytime i get a good kill i say "**** dude...i seriously gotta quit this game...it's not even fair to everyone who plays it"

If i win a match ill throw my controller on the floor and walk out of the room.

But my best one is...works especially well in a game store:

After winning a match, i will put my controller down, walk around the store and shake everyone's hand. As long as they were watching i shake their hand...while my opponent just sits there without a handshake or a good game.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Lol i only do that with crew members or best friends. Cuz they know im joking. I wouldnt do that with complete strangers...that gets your *** kicked or hated. Haha...im cooler than that.

Oh...and i also act out my finishers. With jiggly ill throw my hand up like an upthrow. Look straight up like im getting ready...then pop out my shoulders as if i just rested. With cool sound effects.

And my bro gabe likes to look at some random direction away from you when he kills as if he has "better things" to worry about or look at.

I will ask after a kill "hey what time is it?". I never actually care what time it is though.

Or the good old fashioned stare. You just stare at your opponent after taking a stock off.

If i am at someone elses house...and i take a stock off, i promptly tell my brother "hey, start the car man...we're leaving early"

**** this topic is too fun...seriously.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Take this! Here's another!" (turnips)
"Stop CC:iny my dsmashes!" (you'd be surprised how often I yell this)
"I'm alive... somehow." (in the same way that Princess Bunhead says "I escaped... somehow." in thumb wars)
"Peach, I'm gonna live forever!" (sing-songed like "Fame!". Usually whenever DL64 is chosen.
"I will live forever!" (when managing to survive strong attacks at over 150%)

Kaotical

Smash Ace
My turn!

Well, let's see....my brother constantly repeats the phrase "**** I suck!", or "Why do I play this game?". Most of the other things he says are common like "WTF?".

My buddy The Cape usually yells out "Oh! Oh! Pwnage!!".

Whenever I'm on a losing streak, I like to say, "Don't worry, there's enough lives for everyone here to take. Wait your turn."

As for me, I try my best not to let obscenities fly. I'm usually good at it, but sometimes....yeah....

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Reading through this thread and playing smash with my friends yesterday, I remember a few more:

In a crappy Korean Accent: "You think I gone, I no leave" when we get knocked back into the bubble and come back.

When I hit my friends while they're taunting: "Yeah, you see there? There, I took your joy. I took your joy and I'm going to violate it later tonight."

When I kill my friends on their last stock: "You go to the place where dreams go to die." This is usually followed by Marths Fsmash.

Whenever Dr. Mario, Mario or Ganondorf do their F-air I end up saying "Donkey punch!" because they do kind of look like one. If you get two off in a row with Mario or Doc "Oh, Double Donked!"

And this isn't so much something I say, but something I do whenever I get a kill w/ Bowser (Which is suprisingly frequent). I tilt back and forward on the control stick like Im dash-dancing, but more walk-dancing and say "Bowser dance!" because when Bowse does that he looks like he's doing a really crappy version of the dance from 'Thriller.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom