• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Thank you all for waiting so patiently. Without further ado, here it is:

99 megs in size, 14:05 in length
Adventure on Rapidshare (download)
Adventure on YouTube (streaming)
Adventure on Google Video (streaming)
Adventure LIVE at White 3

With some amount of ado, here's the secret surprise:

Adventure Bundle
190 megs

It has:
Adventure
Adventure slomo (1/3 speed)
both trailers
deleted scenes
complete soundtrack

You may need to get winrar to open the file. You can get it at www.download.com

Radio Rockin' by Brisk and Fade, the song people won't quit asking me about.

Now that that's out of the way, welcome to the official Adventure movie topic. Adventure is intended to be a simulation of a near perfect Fox going through adventure mode with 1 stock on very hard, and taking no damage. If this interests you, please get the video and watch it before reading on, as there be spoilers ahead.

I'll gladly accept compliments or critisism, as long as it's well thought out. Much as I'd love to see this topic reach 10 pages with nothing but "you rock SDM!" it would be time consuming for people to read through it, and people other than me would only be wasting their time.

Since I know things happen pretty fast in this video, many people will be confused by some specific parts.

With that in mind, I'll answer any and all questions pertaining to specific parts of the movie, and update this post with all the answers in a timeline. Though I may regret it later, I'll answer even the dumbest questions and/or clarifications.

-----------YE TIMELINE O ANSWERS AND LITTLE KNOWN FACTS-----------

0:19
In order to have the NAME ENTRY as readily accessible as possible, I had only enough names in there to fill it up just right. What names, you ask? See for yourself.

0:22
I can alternate hitting B and A every frame, for 30 chars a second. The token stops on Marth because I hit start the frame after it selected Fox, and the token froze in place as the game began loading adventure mode.

1:26
The fastest way to do rapid Reflectors is to jump, then do it the 1st frame in the air. But there's a glitch where if you land on the 1st frame of the Reflector, it doesn't hit and skips some of the visual animation. When Fox is on a slope and jumps up the slope, but does an insta-shine, he lands on the first frame, though since he's doing the Reflector, there's no landing lag, and he can jump on frame 4 like always.

1:58
I was planning to continue shine comboing giant DK, but I noticed he used his 2nd jump. So I shined him the next frame and wavedashed to edgehog.

2:30
CPU Zelda has very good DI. Even if I shine her on the ground, she'll become airborne, and so repeated shines are ineffective. During the recording of this, I got frustrated by that and decided to let Zelda go up like she wanted.

5:05
One of the lasers from the Great Fox hits Fox's reflector and breaks it instantly. However, during shield break, you are completely invincible, and so Fox passes right through another laser blast. Notice Fox takes no damage and gets the Impervious bonus.

6:39
I didn't get hit because the car was far to the side. Fox runs down the middle of the track, but the cars don't have to.

7:39
When dashdancing, you're only in the "turn" animation for 1 frame before you go into the "dash" animation. After spending 1 frame dashing, you may turn back the other way. Thus you can (with AR or superhuman skillz) change direction 30 times a second. Because every other frame is removed in editing, you, the viewer, don't see Fox turning, you only see the dash frames, which change every single frame (30 FPS).

7:43
See 1:26 first. An almost imperceptible increase in the scrolling speed of the level causes Fox to no longer be able to land right away. I noticed this on the 1st frame of it happening, and just went to other parts of the level.

8:00
Because of the way the platforms line up, and the way the stage moves, wavedashing back over the border between them causes Fox to leave the ground for 2 frames, then land...in his waiting animation. Fox dashes briefly, jumps, and wavedashes backward across the border.

8:16
I did this in 2 seperate runs. I teetered on the edge a bit to have a specific frame I could easily make the transition from the ascent to the battle. This is also why I didn't make it scroll up at all, because it would always be at the same spot at the same time if left to the default scrolling. During testing, I was able to make it scroll to the very top before the Ice Climbers spawned. They never did.

9:45
Bowser is just out of range of the Firefox.

10:10
The maneuver I use to evade Giga Bowser's flames is none other than a good old fashioned roll.

10:59
"There's more" refers to just shooting the credits. And the congratulations montage. And the ending. And the end credits, too I suppose. The end of the fighting isn't the end of the Adventure experience.

--------FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS--------

Q: How did you do all that stuff?
A: Action Replay to slow the game down to single frames, and then editing to make it look like real time. Some things were thanks to my skill (with Fox in frame-by-frame timing), some were dumb luck. The debug guide on GameFaqs is very thorough, though it leaves out the signifigance of the Y + dpad down command in development mode.

Q: How long did it take to make this?
A: I made the original Adventure topic in mid-August of 2005, but some of that time was wasted due to technical difficulties and/or laziness. If I had to estimate how much time I spent actually working on it, I'd say around 2 weeks solid, though I could be way off.

Q: What codes did you use?
A: For the gameplay, just the debug code. It's very versatile. I used the Super Fox/Falco code to make Fox face forward in the victory montage (do Firefox into a wall at an angle).

Q: Will you do this with other characters?
A: Almost certainly not. If anyone else wants to, though, I'll be happy to offer advice.

Q: Then...what WILL you be doing?
A: The Wrath of Giga Bowser, which is out now.

Q: What about Adventure 2?
A: That is Nigzel's project, not mine. Go bug him, though an offer of help would be much better recieved.

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
First post whatup. Can't wait to download

EDIT:
Reactions so far:

MAN... so freaking awesome.

I haven't finished it yet, but I really liked the Icicle Mountain part so far. Probably my favorite part right now.

EDIT2:
I'm done.... That was amazing. SuperDoodle Man, you are the Man.

I liked the little clips at the end, before it says Congratulations. I like the idea to change the clips into wavedashing/cool stuff. Everything about this video is just awesome, actually.

Great Job man, this was well worth the wait, and is probably the best use of 100 mgb on my computer.

bologna

Smash Cadet
HOLY CRAP, sdm your just awesome, i see you put alot of time and effort into this vid, and i bet we all thank you for your time

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, see you already noticed the bundle.

WOW. That video was amazing. I love the showboating on ICs stage, too good. Also, the thing you threw in before Fox's stage, very nice for those of us who have been here long enough to remember that.

Wow, too amazing. Keep up the good work.

Gea

Smash Master
**** YES! *downloads*

*looks at 30k/sec rate*

**** no! An half an hour->hour to download. I'll be back to tell you all about it.

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
i love you...

warning: my **** will explode after watching

jk. but seriously, good job

Edit: whoa, i went to reply and when my reply was up, there were five new posts... jeez... this thread is awsome!

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Thanks for not using Filefront for the uploading! My school blocked that site for whatever reason.

The movie is hilarious! I'm highly impressed by the effort involved.
Wow... final total was
points 0.0

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
OMFG!!! So excited!!! *downloads*

Seriously, your work's some of the best vids I've ever seen.

[edit]**** My firefox just crashed, and I almost downloaded the files!!!

ant-d

Smash Lord
Awesomeness :lick:

Wow some of the stuff you did was amazing! Nice work.

*spoiler?*

Edit: The music on the intro gave me a fright :laugh:

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
SDM...have my children plz?

Edit: Finished Watching...somethings that stood out: the dthrows spikes on DK...hilarious! Crazy shining on Zelda, the glitchy (almost) DDs on Icicle Mountain, killing Metal Marios only using one laser, Ultra Shining against Giga Bowser.

Good spit to all who were involved!

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Just about to say that the bundle was incomplete/corrupt, but I see that was taken care of already. Good stuff, SDM.

cF=)

Smash Lord
We need more vaspene gaz !
Only downloading @ 15k/s !

*will be back for comment on that awesome project*

<3 SDM

EDIT : O-M-G !!! NO words can describe how awesome this was seriosuly ! I won't spoil anything but **** this was the greatest video EVER EVER EVER ! Really NICE job to EVERYBODY who made this possible !

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
You're a n00bcake.

No but seriously, I didn't give a rat's *** about this video at all but I'm in shock after watching that, it was furious. The insane infinite shine + brutal waveshining against Giga Bowser was hilarious hahahahaha.

I don't get the ending though? "There's more", was that just referring to the credit shooting?

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
I got the corrupt dealio, but oh well.
I just downloaded from rapidshare.
SDM like..sex plz?

I loved the infi-shines. But uh for critiques..
uh..
I..got..none..?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ZOMFG!!!!!!111ONE dam that was a crazy vid. that is definitley going down as one of the BEST EVER gaming vids of all time. it was ridiculous. i had goosebumps the whole time. SDM can i touch you in places i shouldn't be. i luv you. i want to molest you, and i want you to like it. Man that was a good vid. I think i am gonna go and masterbate to it now. Dude MAD props on this vid. completely insane. you just went up 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 points in my book. right under god. i LUV you.

-hiroshi

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
THAT WAS AWESOME. its like revenge on the cpu's. i loved that giga bowzer ownage part. the end animation(after the credits) really tied in well. it almost looked real.

ycz12

Smash Ace
My first reaction: OMG IT'S DONE YESSSSSSSSSSS
My second reaction: OMG A SURPRISE WHAT IS IT WHAT WHAT WHAT

h1roshi said:
ZOMFG!!!!!!111ONE dam that was a crazy vid. that is definitley going down as one of the BEST EVER gaming vids of all time. it was ridiculous. i had goosebumps the whole time. SDM can i touch you in places i shouldn't be. i luv you. i want to molest you, and i want you to like it. Man that was a good vid. I think i am gonna go and masterbate to it now. Dude MAD props on this vid. completely insane. you just went up 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 points in my book. right under god. i LUV you.

-hiroshi
That was rather... um... :(

Edit: It broke... at 99% and 1 second... *eye twitches*

YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I'M THE ****ING GAMEFAQS KING OF VIDEOS!

Random Guy: Dude, GFaqs suc-

SHUT UP!

*plays online scrabble in an attempt to pass time*

SwordmasterZero

Smash Cadet
That was crazy.... possibly the craziest vid I have ever watched.....

GOOD JOB!!!!! Keep it coming (if possible)!

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
Great video. I was hoping you would take the long route in Underground Maze and own some Link, but I understand that these clips take incredibly long amounts of time to make, so it's all good. I also would have preferred to see the credits part slowed down to normal speed, but maybe that's just me. Good music selection, kept the pace going well. SDM, you have done it again. Two thumbs up.

phish-it

Smash Champion
What do I say that hasn't been already? (Minus h1roshi's post that is) Before I actually read the whole description, I thought you were actually performing it real time, until the Yoshi's atleast. And, I didn't think the debug menu worked for single player mode, unless theat is, you were using some other method.

One-Hundred-ninety credits eh? Thanks for clearing that up.

Top Bottom