• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I will translate your message to Japanese and send it POST HERE

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants me to write their message to the smash team, I will translate it and send it in Japanese. Its good practice for me. If anyone wants to help me, that would be great. But I'll be glad to send away whatever you want me to say. If anyone is concerned about my credentials just IM me

-----------------------------------------

POST HERE

Give me your

Nickname

and message..

thats it

-----------------------------------------

Please clearly let me know what you want sent and what not.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Because so many people are doing this, please make sure you post what you really care about! I'll send anything you want, just dont send what you dont want so I don't do too much extra work. If its long, and u care about it, well I'll send it. But even so, just keep it in mind. Thanks !

EDIT2: Its going well guys. Also note it can be about ANYTHING. Not just characters. They are looking for comments in general as well as music and character comments. Go for it.

EDIT3:

MESSAGE FROM IKKI

Ikki, a famous player from Japan posted to sakurai, and got a response!
Supposedly he met his wife at a smash tournament, so in his letter he pretty much thanks sakurai for being part of its creation. He also has a child now, and so thanks him for that. Sakurai replies saying congratulations, and then some crazy thing that makes no sense.

thought that was interesting.. marriage and a child from smash? thats awesome. Simply more evidence that...

SMASH = LIFE

Kokichi's Edit: If you go to http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6819 you can read a walkthrough on how to submit your own praise and suggestions. Don't use Babelfish, though - this is only if you actually know Japanese already and want to submit it to him.

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
Nickname: WindoverSea
Character suggestion

Little Mac from the "Punch Out!" games- Definitely a classic character. The quintessential underdog with the heart of a champion, Nintendo's own version of Rocky Balboa. He almost HAS to be in this game.

Thomas and Mr. X from "Kung Fu"- If obscure chracters like Ice Climbers and G&W can compete, why not these guys? Sure their moves were a bit stiff on the NES, but I'm sure you guys can give them new life on the Wii. Mr. X could actually fulfill a boss role if necessary.

Megaman - Megaman is indeed Capcom, but when I think of his glory days, my thoughts drift back to his days on the NES. He would certainly not look out of place fighting alongside or against Mario. Putting him in Brawl would make fans both young and old very happy. The same can be said concerning the following two characters:

Billy and Jimmy Lee - from the "Double Dragon" series. They have a known moveset and a signature weapon (nunchuks), which would carry over very well to a fighting game. Imagine using their special tornado kick as an up + B similar to Link's. Ownage. Even though they're Acclaim characters, they're part of Nintendo history. Double Dragon was very popular on the NES and even had a cartoon series and a crappy movie based on them.

I wouldn't mind Ranzou, Chin, and the unfortunate Brett from DD3 too ^^

And finally,

Sonic and Tails - Everyone wants to see Sonic and Tails vs. Mario and Luigi. EVERYONE. Please get this done. Please.

Thank you for giving fans a chance to voice their opinions.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Why not?

Kereokacola
And I want Peach to return, for sure. I also want Toad, and make sure Peach get's a new "B" move!

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's hope they open up that suggestion box to English (and other languages) speakers, but until then, thanks for helping out, Wes.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
I'll give you some help on this one and write as much of it using the Japanese terms as possible. ^_^;;

Name: Kelp

Message: I'd like to see Geno and Mallow(not sure of their Japanese names) from Square's 'Super Mario RPG' game on the Super Famicom. Both of them have extensive sets of abilities that I believe could translate well into the SumaBura series, and are widely loved characters.

Additionally, I would like to see Lolo and Lala in the game, as a 2-person team like the Ice Climbers. Lolo and Lala have only been seen in cameos in Kirby games since their days on the Famicom, and if Pit is coming back, then these two are due for a revival as well.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Nickname: Yang
Message: I would love to see Plusle and Minun from the Pokemon series used as one character, like the Ice Climbers. Plusle and Minun could be similar to Pichu, but they could have different moves that take advantage of their teamwork. They would be easy to have in the game because of licensing, and I believe that the innovative use of double characters like the Ice Climbers is what the Wii is all about.

:) *cheers for Wes*

wiiii

Smash Apprentice
hey wes, coming to the methow anytime soon?

how do you translate to japanese, i know ther'es lot's of ways, but when i do, half the names and stuff don't translate. When I enter, my suggestion I just put:
English:

-my previous name was mouseboy20

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Bahamut

Dear Developing Staff:

It'd be really great if there was an option to turn off 'carrier' items such as barrels, boxes, and pills, and still have other items on. In Super Smash Brothers Melee, many people leave items off entirely simply because boxes tend to appear with explosives inside, right as a character is doing a Smash move, and the player blows himself up. This is one of the reasons that items are totally banned from most tournaments held here in the United States (this may also be true around the world, I'm not certain). I'm not saying get rid of boxes and barrels entirely, just give us the choice whether or not to use them.

This is really the only drawback I could find about Melee; everything else in that game is perfection, and if the game you're making now is even ON PAR with Melee, you'll have made the greatest video game of all time.

One more thing: You've probably heard "Put Sonic and Tails in the game" from just about everyone, but if you do, don't forget Knuckles. He's more of a 'fighter' character than the other two, especially considering the CLAWS ON HIS KNUCKLES. Painful!

You guys rock for accepting input from you (gigantic) fanbase. I'll probably wind up importing this game as soon as it launches in Japan.

Sincerely,

Bahamut - Super Moderator at www.smashboards.com
-end message-

Feel free to take any liberties with the wording or the language to get the general point across; I know that in Spanish a direct translation from English usually doesn't make complete sense, and I imagine Japanese is the same way.

Thanks a lot, Wes, you rock.

kaid

Smash Master
Kaid
(catigory: what I would like to see)

Please let all characters from Melee return.

The downthrow of Shiek does too much stun to opponent. Fox Reflector jump cancel allows infinites- bad. Marth sword is too powerful at tip.

Mewtwo needs more weight, shorter crouch, better jab, and slightly longer teleport. A bigger hitbox on his Meteor Attack and a faster air tail flick would be liked. Also, flip opponents controls when hitting with Confusion.

Pichu has cute resting animation when crouching. He should heal himself slowly like this.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
-West Coast Wes- said:
nice. I did'nt know about half those characters you guys mention.

Ill keep this goin. Hey jedi, how can I contact you?

:)
To clarify, I don't know Japanese, but I -do- know a lot of the names that are commonly used instead of the American ones.

Feel free to contact me over AIM as SonJediGoten, or over Yahoo messenger as RealNinjasWearOrange.

Ghettoblasta

Smash Rookie
Who I'd really like to see in Super Smash Bros. Brawl would be Ash (Satoshi) from pokemon in the game. He could essentially capture players in a pokeball and toss it off the screen. The longer you stay in a pokeball is due to how much damage you have much like in the actual pokemon games. He could call out other pokemon from his arsenal and also have a series of punches and kicks to fend off enemies. So he woudldn't be completely useless. If they don't put Prince Marth back in Brawl, they should put Ike in from Path or Radiance/Souen no Kiseki. He'd play pretty much just like marth but with whatever differences Hal Lab. would want to do to make him different. I definately would like to see Princess Peach return if she isn't planned to already.

Thats all I've got.

-Ghettoblasta

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Name: Shaz

Howdy, if you can be bothered I would like either:

Lyndis from Fire Emblem 7
or
Eirika from Fire Emblem Stones

Skullkid with Majoras Mask would be awesome too.

Diddy Kong: They pay off Rare for him, so it makes sense.

Junior is cute :)

Thanks Wes :)

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
You need to know Japanese to translate to Japanese. I'm not using a program. Though I have several dictionaries.

EVERYONE IMPORTANT

Go ahead and post away, im serious. however, if someone wants to help me, please contact me FIRST. otherwise Sora will get lots of double posts T_T and we will have wasted our time.

Also, the less you post the quicker ill put it up. (ofcourse i will tend to those who posted first) But try to put what you want to say the most. Dont add too much extra unless you really need to.

Wiiiiii - I will probably come to the methow sometime, but I dont know when T_T
Ofcourse, ill contact u when I do. Are u ever comin up here?

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Ah, see, what I meant is I know the common English-sort-of phrases that I've seen used. Famicom = NES, Super Famicom = Super NES, etc. Sorry for the confusion.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Please put everyone else from SSBM on this game too! I would like to see Metroid Fusion Samus, Wart from Mario 2 (doki doki panic), Deoxys (from Pokemon), Gooey (from Kirby Dream Land 2 & 3), Fierce Deity Link (from Majora's Mask), Shadow Link (from Zelda II), Wolf O' Donnell (from Star Fox 64), and many more that I can't name at this time. :laugh:
OH YEAH! How about a create a character option for the game, you can choose what SSB character moves you want for your character. Please put a create a stage option too! You can choose backgrounds from SSB, SSBM, SSBB, and other backgrounds; Add environment and all that cool stuff! Please Keep the Name register, change the letter length to more than 4 spaces.

-- Byron X

P.S.- Be on the lookout for me in the next 4 years, Maybe Nintendo can help me out with my new platform game franchise "Super Rossman" for GBA.

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
Nickname: Quiche

I would love to see Little Mac and/or King Hippo from the Punchout! games, Sami and/or Nell from the Advance Wars games, and Captain Olimar throwing Pikmin around.

Thank you.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Nickname: Chamberlin

If Megaman is to be a playable character, which he should be, please include Zero to be playable aswell. He's my favorate part of the "Megaman" franchise.

err

Smash Journeyman
Nick: err

message: Simon Belmont. Make his whip a B move and turn it into a throw/recovery technique. Wii control would make fighting more immersive

more characters from Mother, particularly Poo.

And Gannondorf should be able to transform into Ganon; transforming should increase his weight and make him harder to kill; balance with very meager recovery

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
Nickname: Papayasown

ongaku:
rokuman ekusu to rokuman famicom
'snake rattle n 'roll''

characters:
poketomonsuta:
Myuu
bashiamo
rukario
pupurin

'snake rattle n roll' reference or character

Zeruda:
Marin to tetra/Zeruda

domo arigatou

*end letter*
Sorry, my Japanese is a little rusty. I posted this here because I didn't know if you were converting to the syllablries or not. Thanks man.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
nickname: the storm

character suggestion

please put cloud strife and mega man x or zero in the game. these 3rd party characters are widely known and would attract a wide range of fans to super smash bros brawl.

kaid

Smash Master
Name: Kaid
Character suggestions

Sonic
Megaman Zero
Alucard (Castlevania)
Soma Cruz (Castelvania)

Ridley (Metroid)
Weavel (Metroid Prime: Hunters)
Wolf O'Donnel (Starfox)
Krystal (Starfox)
Charizard (Pokemon)
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Rukario (pokemon)
Samouri Goh (F-zero)
Issac (Golden Sun)
Diddy Kong (DK)
Max [in a Neotank] (Advance Wars)
Sami [on foot] (Advance wars)
All characters from Super Smash DX.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Dear Developing Staff,

I noticed a heavy emphasis on what appear to be equivalent to "supers" from other fighting games. Due to the nature of the game, supers may cause a loss of interest for the people wanting to play the game on a competitive level; much similar to the problems with the items in Melee being turned off for most 1 vs. 1 matches.

Glad to see that you are trying to incorporate new ideas into the game, keep up the good work.

-Peaches @Smashboards.com

EDIT: big thanks to Wes

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
WES! i didn't know you were doing this! lol

--------
Nickname: Gimpyfish (Known Bowser Lover)

Character Suggestion: Magikoopa, King Boo, and a Hammer Bro. All of those character's could have AWESOME movesets, as well as having their distinctive "mushroom kingdom" feel! They are a few of the best (and most classic) enemies that could have realistic movesets that would be reasonably placed in the smash universe!

Another character, that as gimpyfish, a known bowser enthusiast, would appreciate and love, as well as MANY OTHER people would love, would be Bowser Jr. I assume he is going in this game anyways, but I thought I would throw a suggestion at you regardless. I LOVED bowser jr in Mario Power Tennis, he is a great character that could either bring an interesting mix of power and speed, or could be a potentially tricky character with his magic brush.

Another suggestion (not a new character) would be somehow making Bowser more balanced, as a 'professional' Bowser player, I'm often upset at the lack of balance that he has. I realize the game was created as a 'party game' but that doesn't mean that balance cannot be created in some of the big, strong, 'bad' characters. (eg ganon)

THANK YOU NINTENDO for being THE company at E3.
THANK YOU for working on the new smash bros, as a competitive player I hope you guys can gear the game on some level towards us!

Thanks for ACTUALLY READING THIS
------------

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
kaid said:
Kaid
(catigory: what I would like to see)

Please let all characters from Melee return.

The downthrow of Shiek does too much stun to opponent. Fox Reflector jump cancel allows infinites- bad. Marth sword is too powerful at tip.

Mewtwo needs more weight, shorter crouch, better jab, and slightly longer teleport. A bigger hitbox on his Meteor Attack and a faster air tail flick would be liked. Also, flip opponents controls when hitting with Confusion.

Pichu has cute resting animation when crouching. He should heal himself slowly like this.
Do we really want JC'ing removed altogether though? Fox would not be anywhere near the same.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Nickname: Simon

I would just like to increase the votes for certain characters (in no particular order):
Little Mac (Punch-out!) and any opponents Little Mac fought against.
Gooey and Rick the Hamster (Kirby's Dreamland 2 and 3).
Mike & Mr. X (Kung Fu).
Geno and Mallow (Super Mario RPG). And maybe the lazy shell for fun.
Every Character (Mother 2).
Ridley (Metroid) and maybe even Metroid itself.
Stafy (Legend of Stafy).
Bowser Jr. (Various Mario games).

Now for characters not licensed by Nintendo:
Rockman, Roll, and Rush (Rockman).
Rockman, Roll, and Rush (Rockman Legends).
Rockman X and Zero (Rockman X).
Zero (Rockman Zero). Am I asking for them too much?
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog).
Goemon and Ebisumaru (Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyuushutsu Emaki).
Simon Belmont (Castlevania).
Anyone (Street Fighter).
Anyone (Final Fantasy 1, 4, and 6).

Besides characters, I would like to suggest certain things for gameplay. A short hop button would be a big help for slow people like me. Since X and Y are already jump buttons, maybe designate one of those buttons to be a short hop. This one probably won't make it, but less flashy graphics that put strain on the eyes would help gameplay, or even an option to turn it off.

Thanks for reading my suggestions, and good luck with releasing the game in 2007. We'll all be waiting!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Name: Brad
Character suggestion

Hi Nintendo I loved the trailer for Super Smash Brothers Brawl but there are some characters i would still like to see these are Diddy Kong from the Donkey Kong series as he is a nintendo character and he is very very popular. I would also like to see Dixie Kong and Krool from the Donkey Kong series thank you for your time

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
hey gimpy :D

nice post haha. Bowser jr would rock.

Anyway, i have school tomorrow so I should sleep, but tomorow night ill be up late probably doin more of this while my friends smash.

cya guys, goodnight.

I like all the balance stuff :D btw

I already wrote a **** load about gameplay and stuff. I told them that they better be familiar with some japanese players T_T While being kind and thankfull ofcourse.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
name: Cyphus

Character Suggestions:

Toad. please don't leave him out. He deserves a chance to fight.

Ridely. He has enough of his own moves to fit in well. He can always shrink in size, like bowser to fit.

Pico, from F-zero. Military exp, assasin, weapons expert....a fine projectiler. If you include another Fzero character, please make it him.

KoopaKids. All those simple mario enemies like hammer bros, koopas, etc shouldn't have any priority over these. Iggy, Ludwig, etc are historically important characters and bosses who have a variety of moves each. If bowser jr. gets put in instead, i'm going to commit seppuka.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'm going to go an extra mile here & use the Japanese names of those who have different names in different parts of the world.

Name: Mikeachu

Captain Nintendo (Captain N the Game Master. An NOA character)
Sonic the Hedgehog
Rockman
Puck Man
Ryo (Famicom Wars DS)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
Satoshi (Pocket Monsters)
Wolf O' Donnell (Star Fox)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Famicom Robot
Spire (Metroid Prime Hunters)

& for music, the Star Wolf Battle theme.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Nickname: Nicodemus
Option: Characters (#2)

Thank you for making this game. I know you will do well. May I suggest the following:

Keep all previous characters.
Update Peach’s moveset from Super Princess Peach.
Update Bowser’s moveset to throw hammers.
Keep Wario’s moveset true to his games that came before Wario Ware.
Allow Wario an alternate costume (yellow and purple traditional outfit)
Give Ganondorf/Ganon his own movesets.

Add the following characters:

1st Party All-Stars (in no order)

Waluigi (Mario Party)
Kinopio (Super Mario Bros. USA)
Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Sunshine)
Baby Mario Bros. (Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time) [like the Ice Climbers]
Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong Jr.)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
King Dedede (Kirby Superstar)
Ganondorf/Ganon (The Legend of Zelda) [transform like Zelda/Shiek]
Fusion Suit Samus (Metroid Fusion)
Ridley (Metroid)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
Kabuto (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Super Punch-Out!!!)
Crystal (Star Fox Adventures)
Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox 64)
Leon (Star Fox 64)
Thomas (Kung-Fu) [with one Mr. X alternate color]

3rd Party Guest-Stars (in order of preference)

Sonic (Sega: Sonic the Hedgehog) [with Super Sonic and Shadow alternate colors]
Pac-Man (Namco: Pac-Man) [with Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Jr. alternate costumes]
Simon Belmont (Konami: Castlevania)
Bonk (Hudson: Bonk’s Adventure)
Rockman (Capcom: Rockman)
Knuckles (Sega: Sonic & Knuckles)
Blues (Capcom: Rockman 3)
Bomberman (Hudson: Bomberman)
Forte (Capcom: Rockman 7)
Zero (Capcom: Rockman Zero)

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
name: the suicide fox (jisatsu kitsune ^-^ )

characters:

Wolf O'Donnel
Kid Bowser with paintbrush
Ridley
Diddy Kong
Little Mac
Smithy
Kanden (Metroid Prime Hunters)
Meowth
Chibi-Robo
Captain Olimar
Marina (Mischief Makers)

Megaman
Protoman
Zero
Viewtiful Joe

Sonic
Knuckles
Shadow
Billy Hatcher
Vectorman

Bomberman

Crash Bandicoot

Pac-Man

Earthworm Jim

Glover

Banjo&Kazooie (together as a character)
Skyfall (Blast Corps)
Juna or Vela (Jet Force Gemini)

Kefka (Final Fantasy III / VI)
Cloud Strife
Mog

Bubble Bobble Guys (IDK their names)

Rayman

MetalGearLink

Smash Apprentice
please I ewant the option tu turn the item boxes/crates/capsules/off so items will not be baned from tournaments,
anslo include

LITTLE MAC
SONIC
ANY RE CHARACTER
GOKU

Top Bottom