• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I will translate your message to Japanese and send it POST HERE

q222

Smash Rookie
Ok I want you to translate fox's secret taunt, if you put the game in Japan text mode and play vs mode choose fox, taunt a good 20 times about 5 times into taunt he will say something like I-got-the-kite send me a msg if you could tell me what he is saying can be on any level

FoxDash

Smash Cadet
(first let me say West, you are the coolest for translating this simply YOU FREAKIN ROCK!!)

Hello from America! Im a big fan of SmashBros. I just wanted to ask will this post ever come to America? We hope so!

jonnie

Banned via Administration
Dear sora, I think you should have terry bogard,andy bogard from fatal fury and king of fighters '06 and Akuma and M.bison from street fighter II even though these characters belong to Capcom and Neogeo.

-Jonnie

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
nick name: dan
i would like to see shy guy, ridly, and bomberman in there. that would be nice. and under special melee in stamina mode have stamina set able and lives with it.

( thanks for doing this i bet you have enouph training to last a while:dizzy: )

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
nickname:sage
Hey, Could you ask them if there will be more pokemon?
and if so wich ones?
and wich ones will stay?
Thanks for it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
To West Coast Wes: i would be erernally gratefull if you translated my post.
feel free to summarize.
thank you for your time.

Currently there are many advanced tactics (techs) that are very useful, however, they are hard enough that they create a separation between those who have practiced the move over and over, and those who just play the game for fun.

I am one who has always played the game for fun only, but now the only person I play with fits in the "pro" category.
I am now going through a training period as playing him isn’t even that fun. I have equal or better reaction times then him, but it does not matter.

However I disagree with people who think these advanced "techs", or whatever the hell you want to call them, should be removed from the game completely.

Just make them easier to do.

We have two jump buttons, make one of them short hop.
We can roll with either L or R. just makes L-side roll and R-side wave dash. (Or vice-versa)
ect...

I hated the other fighting games because it just wasn’t as fun to be average. You had to memorize certain combos and how to do them and that was all it was. It was more work then it was play
The whole reason I fell in love with smash bros was that once you learned the basics you would get better simply by having fun. It was about reaction time, anticipation, and the ability to fake out your friend next to you.
Above all I hope Nintendo does not lose sight of this philosophy.

EDIT: also, the WiFi ssbb system will not have a ranking system. i dont know what the system will be like, but it sounds like the matches will be fairly random. this means the bigger the gap between those who use techs and those who do not, the more boring and unchallenging online fights will be.
this will actually be a bigger problem for those who do use techs (assumng they stay the same or close to it) then it will be for those who do not. this is because the population of those who do not know techs is larger then those who do
i will update this if more info is released about the WiFi system, but it looks like that wont happen till 2007

p.s. curently i am in the tech training mode as its not too fun to ger whooped by my roomate so badly. once i learn the tatics, (i am told that this can take months) we can fianly match our raw skill.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
To West Coast Wes: This was such a fantastic idea for a thread, you're helping give everyone in the smash community hope that their favorite characters will return/appear in Brawl!!

It's not much, but the only way I could contribute would be to type out anything in katakana. I can read the alphabet fluently (although I can also read most of hiragana and only a few kanji, I don't have those on my computer.) and I have the katakana characters installed on my computer.

You may summarize where necessary.

Actual Message:

Nickname: Athena

Nintendo, you are doing a great job of preparing this game and the Wii system.

Although in the end it will come to your decision, I believe I speak for many professional gamers when I say that you need to keep Marth in this game. He is too well-loved to be cut.

Also, do not replace Ness with Lucas. Lucas could be installed as a new character, but he shouldn't replace Ness.

In addition, will Samurai Goroh from F-Zero be put into the series? The Smash series needs another F-Zero representative besides Captain Falcon, and I believe Samurai Goroh could be the perfect choice.

As for the consideration of third-party characters, I believe Megaman and Geno would be excellent choices.

I highly anticipate the release of your next video game masterpiece.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
I think many SSBM characters that use characters yet not approved would be dissapointed...for example if I didnt see Marth in the next game I would die! ^.^ and then not seeing Ice Clibers would also kil me.. but what I havent seen is approval of Fox or Falco which are widely used amongst players, wouldn't you agree?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Considering that the poll's been closed for a while, I'm unsticking this. Thanks to Wes for all the ones that he did get to before it closed. :)

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Name: Jeremy

Dear Mr. Sakurai,

It was very exciting to find out that third party characters will be in Brawl. And I've heard a lot of assumptions (Sonic mostly). I would like to say that Namco's Klonoa would make a great character. Please consider it, as Nintendo and Namco have worked together, and Klonoa has a wide array of moves to make him a perfect newcomer for Brawl.

I would also like to suggest the Pokemon, Lucario. He is a very famous Pokemon, as everyone thought he was a Legendary when the first movie came out. Klonoa and Lucario are my two favorites and I am hoping they would be in Brawl.

simaju

Smash Cadet
nickname: simaju

Characters: Birdo, Waluigi, cap. olimar, krystal, luigi, sonic, mr. game and watch,
Daisy (diffrent from peach) and marth are my suggestions.

Stage: Super mario galaxy... it would be a big round planet who you fight around. somtimes a meteor crashes to the planet.

Top Bottom