• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

antd's Tool Assisted Videos - Super Falcon! Ultimate-Cancel Combo

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Wow, nice. I liked all the shine canceling. Although not out off skill, it looks awsome. Its kinda like, as long as we keep trying, we can be that good. Because if its possible on computer, then its possible by hand...kinda.

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I found that to be quite entertaining. I'd really like to see more, with the player as a different character.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Glad you liked it.

The problem with using a character other than fox is that they just aren't fast enough.
Fox's shine comes out in one frame, it is insanely fast.

I have made other vids with other character's. Although, I don't think they are as good as my other fox vids.

I'll keep adding video's to my first post in order not to take over this forum ^_^

Keep checking back to the first post for newly added video's.

Comments appreciated.

Edit: Shouldn't there be a SSB Video stickied topic ?

I was thinking of breaking all the BtP and BtT world records for each character. However, I would need strats and vids which I've had trouble finding.
If someone can give me information about BtP and BtT WR's, strats, vids that'd be great.

I think it would be good to see how close the current world record holder's are to the perfect times possible. Last I heard, Isai pretty much held most of the US WR's ?

Killer Angel

Smash Cadet
i think for one of the ones in melee i did it in 7 seconds lol. I don't know how but i just did. as for regular ssb 64 i think jigglypuff's is the most annoying for BtT especially that last one.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
ant-d said:
Glad you liked it.

The problem with using a character other than fox is that they just aren't fast enough.
Fox's shine comes out in one frame, it is insanely fast.

I have made other vids with other character's. Although, I don't think they are as good as my other fox vids.

I'll keep adding video's to my first post in order not to take over this forum ^_^

Keep checking back to the first post for newly added video's.

Comments appreciated.

Edit: Shouldn't there be a SSB Video stickied topic ?

I was thinking of breaking all the BtP and BtT world records for each character. However, I would need strats and vids which I've had trouble finding.
If someone can give me information about BtP and BtT WR's, strats, vids that'd be great.

I think it would be good to see how close the current world record holder's are to the perfect times possible. Last I heard, Isai pretty much held most of the US WR's ?
A couple can be found on google video and I think the Records can be found at gamefaqs.com. Then again, they could be anywhere.

ant-d

Smash Lord
rokimomi said:
A couple can be found on google video and I think the Records can be found at gamefaqs.com. Then again, they could be anywhere.
I've seen the video's but they do not help very much. As sometimes I don't know what technique was used/buttons pressed etc.

At the moment I've only matched Isai's Kirby BtP WR. This is because there's something on the video which I don't understand.

And the text guide strat is different to the strat used in the video.

Ideally, I would need someone to talk me through a character's BtP/BtT on AIM/MSN.
*hint hint*

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Same here but with pikachu's. Its those stupid last two targets that you hit with thunder and most of the time I get it too late.
But I get what you mean about the buttons. Like sometimes, they do something and it looks worthless (like an extra fireball) then you hear a ding of a target break when they're on the other friggen side of the area!!!! I mean, it requires tons of work and tweaking.

hlefbad

Smash Rookie
how come i can't see the vids? the last two aren't wmv so i can't view it.. someone wanna help me out please?

thanks

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Get VLC. It can play almost anything without codecs and you can full screen it. Although you can fulscreen on any player, on VLC, it gets rid of the horrible skin.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
hose vids are frikkin awesome! I love your TAS :p

I have a request though. Make a video of link doing 1 player mode at very hard, 1 stock, without taking damage!!

tell me what you think about this

ant-d

Smash Lord
Wak said:
hose vids are frikkin awesome! I love your TAS :p

I have a request though. Make a video of link doing 1 player mode at very hard, 1 stock, without taking damage!!

tell me what you think about this
Thanks.

Link is pretty slow. I guess I could do combo's and some crazy things with bomb's 'n boomerang's. But I don't know how good it'll be. Also I wont be doing BtT or the other bonus stages. They take too long to plan in order to beat Isai's world records ^_~'
I'll make some link matches to see what he can do.

A 1 player game has already been done as you said only with Fox. I no longer have the video/link though.

1 Player Highest Score WR:
http://media.putfile.com/SSB-N64-1P-Kirby-2353785pts (not done by me)

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the Fox speed run was really good.

That Kirby high score is a TAS and should not be considered a world record. It's an entertaining video, that gives the direction one should aspire to in a WR score run or TAS score run. It is not a WR run because it uses save states, and it is not a good TAS score run because it does not go into the finer editing of most tool-assisted superplays.

ant-d, I really liked your videos. It's nice to see that, unlike in the Fox 1p game speed run, you did a lot to keep it entertaining, instead of going for speed only. Things like breaking a shield with the shine, and the mine at the end kept your video quite entertaining.

I'd love to see more videos involving other characters and stages! I'd like to see a match with Link vs two opponents, or Pikachu vs two or even three opponents.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Haze01 said:
Yeah, the Fox speed run was really good.

That Kirby high score is a TAS and should not be considered a world record. It's an entertaining video, that gives the direction one should aspire to in a WR score run or TAS score run. It is not a WR run because it uses save states, and it is not a good TAS score run because it does not go into the finer editing of most tool-assisted superplays.

ant-d, I really liked your videos. It's nice to see that, unlike in the Fox 1p game speed run, you did a lot to keep it entertaining, instead of going for speed only. Things like breaking a shield with the shine, and the mine at the end kept your video quite entertaining.

I'd love to see more videos involving other characters and stages! I'd like to see a match with Link vs two opponents, or Pikachu vs two or even three opponents.
Yeah I know the Kirby vid isn't technically a WR. I named it that so people would know it breaks the highest, normally done, record.

Did nobody notice that I do Fox's infinite (?) ^_^'

Yeah I'm not going for speed only, it's too boring to watch.

The next vid is likely to be Link on hyrule castle.

Pikachu is great fun to play as. I'll make vs 3 opponents on Sector Z.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry if I'm newb at ssb, but I heard doing link at very hard mode without losing a stock will unlock dark link... (he would be at the place link was)

go, flame me I deserve it :(

Thino

Smash Master
Wak said:
Sorry if I'm newb at ssb, but I heard doing link at very hard mode without losing a stock will unlock dark link... (he would be at the place link was)

go, flame me I deserve it :(
no. its only some rumor

ant-d

Smash Lord
Good News:

I made a Link video.

It's Link vs DK and Pika (team battle)

Notes:
I must say I like this video, the boomerang and bombs make for advanced set ups and combo's. It would just be too hard to predict in real time.

Link's sword has a dodgy hitbox on the tip.

If you look very closely you can see that Link's z-cancel animation is weird. He repeats the same action twice very quickly.

Link's hitboxes are strange in general, the boomerang has a very strange hitbox on certain frames.

Bad News:
My Mupen64 (N64 emulator) AVI encoder isn't working...again. This means I cannot upload a video file of the movie in question right now.

It will be uploaded soon, when I ask someone else to encode it for me ^_^'.

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
I haven't used Mupen's avi encoder before, but you could probably capture the video using a program like FRAPS. Whatever happens, I'm really looking forward to that vid :-)

ant-d

Smash Lord
Haze01 said:
I haven't used Mupen's avi encoder before, but you could probably capture the video using a program like FRAPS. Whatever happens, I'm really looking forward to that vid :-)
I can't use a third party capture tool =( FRAPS slows down the playback to 1/2 speed on any setting. Simply because the emulation uses the CPU to run it, and so does FRAPS.

I'll try again to encode it using Mupen.

Edit:
I fixed the Mupen problem. Expect the vid to be up in a few mins. Someone post here, I don't want to double post ^_^'

jayrico

Smash Apprentice
This is from the melee forum:
"Shine"/Reflector: Fox/Falco'z reflector is commonly referred to as shine. Fox has a Shine Infinite where you Shine-WD-Shine-WD-Etc. Falco also has a Shine Combo (Shine, double jump, spike, FF, LC, Repeat), but it not as effective because it can be DI'ed out of.

Fox infinite can only be done in melee it cant be done in ssb64 because you can tech after a shine.

ant-d

Smash Lord
jayrico said:
This is from the melee forum:
"Shine"/Reflector: Fox/Falco'z reflector is commonly referred to as shine. Fox has a Shine Infinite where you Shine-WD-Shine-WD-Etc. Falco also has a Shine Combo (Shine, double jump, spike, FF, LC, Repeat), but it not as effective because it can be DI'ed out of.

Fox infinite can only be done in melee it cant be done in ssb64 because you can tech after a shine.
No, it can be done in SSB. The way you described is not the infinite. I didn't say the infinite was a shine.

Fox's infinite is U-air, you must hit with the first kick and not with the second. The first hit always sends them a nice distance away for you to keep doing it.

In the video you can see I do it when the other falcon picks up a mine. I start the infinite at 0:57 seconds into the movie.

Link vs Pikachu and DK is up on the front page

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that Fox vid was so fun. The infinite into the mine. Great. Looking forward to watching this Link vid.

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
Ha, that was fun! Thanks for the Link vid :-)

* Oops, didn't mean to double post. Ah well. *

ant-d

Smash Lord
It's just timing so the second hit misses. You'll sometimes do it if you just normally try to go for the U-air and mess up the timing slightly.

I don't know how many different ways of doing the infinite there are.

The way I did it was to hit with the first kick and move away from the opponent so the second hit misses.

I've noticed you can also do it a different way. That is to just vary the timing when you press "A".
It's hard for me to explain. I could explain it in frames but that wouldn't help ^_~

To do in real time, it's best to just try out different timings yourself. It's very hard to do without a lot of practice. Even harder to do online because of the erratic delays.

ant-d

Smash Lord
mastahwolf said:
is there an advantage on doin that? it takes less damage..
It doesnt take less damage because it is an infinite combo. You can combo the first hit into another one and so on forever. The kick always sends the opponent the same distance away from you.

Thino

Smash Master
ant-d said:
It doesnt take less damage because it is an infinite combo. You can combo the first hit into another one and so on forever. The kick always sends the opponent the same distance away from you.
sounds cool , do u have to shorthop it?

ant-d

Smash Lord
mastahwolf said:
sounds cool , do u have to shorthop it?
You do not have to.

For example, if the opponent is on a ledge above you, you can full jump U+A (1hit) FF -repeat.

It depends on the character and the % whether you can full jump or not.

But in general circumstances, it is best to SH. I must stress it is very difficult to judge the timing and distance, even with frame advance it isn't easy.

ant-d

Smash Lord
mastahwolf said:
hard to perform online then hum... ill just try to do it at home then
Well it's hard to perfrom offline too. I've never seen a top player use it in a match before, online or off.

Top Bottom