• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

antd's Tool Assisted Videos - Super Falcon! Ultimate-Cancel Combo

ant-d

Smash Lord
rokimomi said:
No, I think Isai has done it, in the vid by foxandfalco called dont get hit. He starts off one of his combos with it.
I was talking about the full infinite to a high %age.

ant-d

Smash Lord
rokimomi said:
Well Im talking about spamming it like its hot. You know....reaaly high %ages.
^_^ Ok. It will be boring to watch. You get the idea what it'll look like from my other vid.

Tasty_corn

Smash Rookie
incredible videos
I liked when you beat 3 foxes without getting touched.

Impressive. Do you use keyboard or adapter?

ant-d

Smash Lord
Yeah you can do it with keyboard, although it makes it harder to do.

Update:- Added the fox teleportation edgeguard glitch to main page.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
ant-d said:
Yeah you can do it with keyboard, although it makes it harder to do.

Update:- Added the fox teleportation edgeguard glitch to main page.
The only thing is that you cant shorthop on keyboard. Unless you tweak the settings somehow.

ant-d

Smash Lord
mooseproduce said:
Get A New Host! Pleeease! :'(

Edit: You used my Super Fox Teleportation Bug in a vid?! Which one is it?! I feel so validated!
^^' It is the video where Fox teleports and grabs the ledge. Infact I have both versions of the glitch.

Check out my Google Video Account for most of my video's:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=antd

The others are being "verified", all my vids are up on google video.

Also:-

Platinum Kirby sent me some newly recorded combo video's that he recorded. Look out for those too on google video, some nice stuff there.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Ah yes, I now see it is labeled as such. Good thing I can read. :p

I love your Link vs. Pika + DK vid. It's helped me with my Link off-edge acrobatic edge-guarding. :D

rokimomi

Smash Lord
I have done it by accident once and I can tell you right now that it's one of the greatest feelings ever. I mean for that second, I felt like a computer.

EDIT: umm, antd, on ur double laser with fox vid, did u use the emu, cuz u missed a couple times and I can now do it with ease (finally, isai, your vids do not burn my eyes as much.)

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
The computer blows. It does nothing interesting. :p

Except, y'know, for using dsmashes and hitting you when you're in a spot where nobody would ever think of using dsmash. Like... Yoshi cpus do it. It's creepy.

ant-d

Smash Lord
^^

Useless info:-

Fox's shine, Jiggly's rest and Yoshi's parry are the fastest moves in the game (startup).

They come out and have effect in 1 frame.
Eg. You press Down+B on frame 100. The move will come out and hit/parry on frame 101.

Yoshi can parry the above moves even if they are executed at the same time.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
ant-d said:
^^

Useless info:-

Fox's shine, Jiggly's rest and Yoshi's parry are the fastest moves in the game (startup).

They come out and have effect in 1 frame.

Yoshi can parry the above moves even if they are executed at the same time.
It looks so easy when other people do Jiggly's down B perfectly and I think canceling the shield is the fastest move, it barely looks like a frame passesby if done perfectly.

ant-d

Smash Lord
rokimomi said:
It looks so easy when other people do Jiggly's down B perfectly and I think canceling the shield is the fastest move
Canceling the shield ?

I didn't count shielding as a move, since everyone can shield, and it doesn't cause any damage. Yoshi was the exeption.

If you are talking about powershielding:

Those moves can be powershielded if both are executed at the same time.

But it is not faster than 1 frame. Nothing is. o_0

BTW, you may be confusing what I mean by 1 frame. If 0 is input, then 1 is the start of the move.

ant-d

Smash Lord
rokimomi said:
Im sorry, I meant shine canceling. It only looks like one frame to me anyways. Probably wrong though. I have no way to test it.
I see.

Remember, to shine cancel you have to jump.

You have to jump for 2 frames, so already it is slower even before the shine comes out.

Then you must press the input for the shine. This is 1 frame.

The shine then comes out on the 4th frame.

It is a very fast move in terms of duration. It lasts for 7 frames. For comparison, Fox's jab is 11 frames long.

I was talking about startup time, rather than total duration, in the first post ^^

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
What's powersheilding? Also, I know about Yoshi's parry. I just mean that a cpu Yoshi or Fox will use Down-A if you are in range of the move, not if you are on the ground beside them. Like... in Hyrule Castle, if you jump straight up between the Hall of Pain and the wall to the left of it, and there's a Yoshi cpu standing near the edge, he'll sometimes use his dsmash's ******** range to hit you. It's crazy.

It doesn't sound impressive, but I mean... that thing has range and speed like you wouldn't believe. Or maybe you would. Probably. Anyways, whatever.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
ant-d said:
I see.

Remember, to shine cancel you have to jump.

You have to jump for 2 frames, so already it is slower even before the shine comes out.

Then you must press the input for the shine. This is 1 frame.

The shine then comes out on the 4th frame.

It is a very fast move in terms of duration. It lasts for 7 frames. For comparison, Fox's jab is 11 frames long.

I was talking about startup time, rather than total duration, in the first post ^^
Wow, I never knew ssb had such insane framerate. I considered it slower that normal but I guess the first 64bit console left an impression.

ant-d

Smash Lord
mooseproduce said:
What's powersheilding?

Powershielding is to shield 1 frame before an attack hits you. As you can see, the falcon punch impacts on the shield. Fox moves quite a distance and has stun.

The vid shows it:
http://rapidshare.de/files/22158445/powershield.avi.html
http://s9.11mbit.in/6uenblP9jt8D63q9Jy80s7C5eocm9E7g4eJcHvEtBq0o37v5kPhMxpze/N06tu9MO

Fox powershields the Falcon Punch. Fox shines and Falcon shields at the same time.

Also, fox is "invincible" for 1 frame when he shines. He can still be grabbed. What actually happens is, Fox's shine hits the incoming attack, if you slow it down you can see the impact marks.

Here is what it looks like:
http://rapidshare.de/files/22159948/invincible_frame_shine.avi.html
http://s9.11mbit.in/s305Fu4jN7h09J38Hxcl9jO3ir1Bqdn2cHw6l8iN2BL5oydmwbGviN7h/ODegq0eJ

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that Fox TAS still amazes me. It was so perfect to have the two motion sensor bombs be used in that way, with the opportunity to do Fox's infinite. Coming up with the idea, and then using the emulator to manipulate luck to have the right items appear, and then manipulating luck again to have the comp throw the bombs to the perfect spot. Really impressive.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Haze01 said:
Wow, that Fox TAS still amazes me. It was so perfect to have the two motion sensor bombs be used in that way, with the opportunity to do Fox's infinite. Coming up with the idea, and then using the emulator to manipulate luck to have the right items appear, and then manipulating luck again to have the comp throw the bombs to the perfect spot. Really impressive.
Thanks. The Falcon kept wanting to pick up the beam sword rather than the mine, it did take some odd forms of luck manip. to make him pick up the right thing.

There are a lot of things, such as luck manipulation of the items, that people don't think about when they watch the video.
It was no accident two mines appeared ^_~

rokimomi

Smash Lord
ant-d said:

Powershielding is to shield 1 frame before an attack hits you. As you can see, the falcon punch impacts on the shield. Fox moves quite a distance and has stun.

The vid shows it:
http://rapidshare.de/files/22158445/powershield.avi.html
http://s9.11mbit.in/6uenblP9jt8D63q9Jy80s7C5eocm9E7g4eJcHvEtBq0o37v5kPhMxpze/N06tu9MO

Fox powershields the Falcon Punch. Fox shines and Falcon shields at the same time.

Also, fox is "invincible" for 1 frame when he shines. He can still be grabbed. What actually happens is, Fox's shine hits the incoming attack, if you slow it down you can see the impact marks.

Here is what it looks like:
http://rapidshare.de/files/22159948/invincible_frame_shine.avi.html
http://s9.11mbit.in/s305Fu4jN7h09J38Hxcl9jO3ir1Bqdn2cHw6l8iN2BL5oydmwbGviN7h/ODegq0eJ
PLZ PLZ PLZ tell me you did that with tools, or else ur not human. What would be really entertaining would be making a contest of shine cancelling as many times as you can without the program. Yes, that means, your thumb will probably swell or something.
I think the most Ive done is 10 in a row, and nearly perfect too.

ant-d

Smash Lord
rokimomi said:
PLZ PLZ PLZ tell me you did that with tools, or else ur not human. What would be really entertaining would be making a contest of shine cancelling as many times as you can without the program. Yes, that means, your thumb will probably swell or something.
I think the most Ive done is 10 in a row, and nearly perfect too.
Powershielding the falcon punch isn't that hard to do in real time. As long as you are right next to it, and you see it's start-up, all you have to do is shield when all the "energy" around Falcon goes into his hand.

I can shine cancel well, like a lot of fox players. Haha if you want to see me shine cancel normally then play me online!

rokimomi

Smash Lord
I was maily talkking about the invinceble framing the punch, and yes shine cancel is a good skill. Too bad all I can play online with is pikachu but he kicks butt too. Im still studying for finals, but I'll try to get on as much as I can.

ant-d

Smash Lord
rokimomi said:
I was maily talkking about the invinceble framing the punch, and yes shine cancel is a good skill. Too bad all I can play online with is pikachu but he kicks butt too. Im still studying for finals, but I'll try to get on as much as I can.
The invincible frame of Fox's shine is a very good technique. This is because it can be used when close to the edge. An opponent will attack, Fox can shine at the right time and the opponent will be off the stage (if the move has a lot of distance). Then Fox can edgeguard.

However, in real-time it's too difficult to pull-off. People just aren't accurate enough ;)

rokimomi

Smash Lord
ant-d said:
The invincible frame of Fox's shine is a very good technique. This is because it can be used when close to the edge. An opponent will attack, Fox can shine at the right time and the opponent will be off the stage (if the move has a lot of distance). Then Fox can edgeguard.

However, in real-time it's too difficult to pull-off. People just aren't accurate enough ;)
We can hope people (hopefully not isai, cuz he dosent need it, leave it to the people) get that fast. Ill work on it.

ant-d

Smash Lord
bumpage - In response to the other posts about DI in this game, I added some Perfect DI vids to the front page.

The vids show that excellent DI can save your life. Normally , Kirby and Pika would die in these vids.
I also uploaded the vids of the same attack without the DI. So you can see that kirby and pika cannot survive the smashes without good DI.

Top Bottom