• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Nandayo?! (I think it's "What's up" but I'm just getting into Japanese, so correct me if I'm wrong xP)

As the title suggests... well... Fire Emblem!

Marth and Roy were a fantastic addition to Melee, as many would agree with me. Since Melee's release, we've had the franchise come to American soil... and there was much rejoicing.

So, now that those three games have come out around here (also one to come for the Wii, I almost forgot, hehe.) we've been introduced to quite a few cool characters in our time playing the game.

For those here who have played a Fire Emblem game or two, you would know very well that there isn't just swordsman such as Marth and Roy portray in their part of the series. We have several classes that use a variety of things to take down their opponents.

So, the meaning of this thread is: If Brawl were to add more Fire Emblem characters (which would rock) Who would you like to see? Or what class, or what weapon, perhaps? We actually have alot to choose from. From big tough guy Oswin that has to operate some of his stuff with a big chain, to the fast, thieving abilties of Matthew and his twin small curved blades, to the light magic using of the ever-cool Lucius. Heck people, and this is just from the first GBA game.

So, opinions? (I kinda hope someone didn't think of a thread like this already and this one has to die X_X)

I actually support your idea for this thread.i have not really played that many fire emblem games,but i hope to see Lyn in the next instalment of smash bros,especially the Blade lord version of Lyn,her Critical hit is just amazing and could be a great special attack.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Don't just submit characters from the Fire Emblem titles released outside of Japan, submit characters from Fire Emblem 1-6. The most popular female Fire Emblem character in Japan would have to be Ira from Fire Emblem 4:

I know that there are more Fire Emblem characters and games. I just like Lyn alot,yes Ira was great on Fire Emblem 4 for the SNES,but i'm just going by my opinion.

By the way,the last Pic looks awsome.

Squatdog7

Smash Apprentice
That girl would be good if they took out Roy so there aren't so many sword wielders in the game. I want someone from FE that uses magic, a spear, or a giant axe. That would get new weapons and styles in the game.

parrothead

Smash Lord
For someone who uses magic, how about Lilina (Fire Emblem 6 and 7)?

B - Elfire

(Like Ness's PK/PSI Flash, you hold the B button down to charge the fireball up while it slowly goes above you. The longer you hold B and charge it up, the more powerful it gets, and when you let go of the B button, it homes in on your closest opponent.)

UP + B - Barrier

(Similar to Adult Link's and Young Link's spin attack, but with a reflecting effect. Lilina spins in the air or on the ground with the Barrier Staff. If any opponent shoots/throws anything magical, electrical, fiery, psychic-like, and/or laser-like hits Lilina while she uses the Barrier Staff, she'll reflect them at a random direction, sometimes back at the opponent that shot/threw the same thing at Lilina. Plain objects like boomerangs, bombs, missles, turtle shells, etc. aren't reflected by the Barrier Staff.)

FORWARD + B - Sleep

(Lilina swings her Sleep Staff at her opponents the same way Kirby swings his Hammer (in the air and on the ground), it sometimes make the opponents fall asleep.)

DOWN + B - Bolting

(similar to Pikachu's and Pichu's DOWN + B move, but it strikes a bolt of lighting next to Lilina instead of onto her.)

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
HELL NO! Lilina sucks

Yuria woeld be perfect for the magic user, light magic like ritzia,Aura, and ofcourse the NARGA spell, best magic spell in FE's existence

parrothead

Smash Lord
Manashima said:
HELL NO! Lilina sucks

Yuria woeld be perfect for the magic user, light magic like ritzia,Aura, and ofcourse the NARGA spell, best magic spell in FE's existence
Lilina doesn't suck @$$ (not "at dollar dollar" dumb@$$). She is Hector's daughter, Roy's girlfriend, and she is extremely powerful in Fire Emblem 6.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Squatdog7 said:
That girl would be good if they took out Roy so there aren't so many sword wielders in the game. I want someone from FE that uses magic, a spear, or a giant axe. That would get new weapons and styles in the game.

Yeah man, exactly what I'm talking about.

The first thing that came to my mind for an axe dude was Hector

As far as a magic person goes... as much as I perfer light, it would probably have to be someone who does a little bit of everything. For that, I would suggest Erk as a nominee.

Anyhow, that's just a little bit of what I've thought up so far. I'll be looking forward to other great ideas from people in this thread.

Also, for some reason... I find Athos vrs. Ganondorph a somewhat humorous match. xP

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanna see Ephraim and Ike in Brawl. Ike does have a really cool style of fighting. He could replace Roy but he would have a slightly diffrent fighting style. Lots of people agree with me with him I think.

Ephraim I want in there because he's cool, he has an intressting fighting style. He is one of the main lords in FE: The Sacred Stones and he's the first lord who mains the lance. He'd outrange Marth, he'd be stronger then Marth but slighty slower. And please let him put on some pants. XD

Some other intressting characters would be Lyn, Eirika, Hector os just as a suprise character Ross from the Sacred Stones which I don't see coming really.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
First off, NO ONE from Path of Radiance. That games characters don't deserve to be in Brawl. If anybody from American FE games, they're coming from 7, except for Ephraim&Eirika, they can come too. Way too many cool characters from 7: Lyn, Hector, Eliwood [replace roy], Lucius, Canas, Matthew. Just to name a few.

LOL, if they wanted a clone for Pit, they could use an Assassin from FE. They duel wield, we can explain the extra jumps because I mean...they ARE Assassins....the name implies they can do whatever the hell they want. Maybe throw a dagger/blade instead of shoot an arrow, so they will be slightly different. :chuckle:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well still there are 3 characters of Path of Radiance on Sakurai's list of characters.
And btw whats wrong with PoR? The only thing I can come up is that the battle animation isnt as good as on prev Fire Emblems games, yet if you put the animation off there is no problem with that at all. Oh yeah and that thieves dont use swords anmore is a bit disapointing to, yet knife is pretty nice and unique atleast.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Yes yes, as Lucius does own! =P

He rocks, but I figured they wouldn't pin magic users down to light or dark. I would think it'd have to be an anima guy.

I really think at least the game could use a thief with the two blades, like Matthew, Legault or Jaffar.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Imagine this. What if they get Eliwood in Brawl, but mounted on his horse and wielding the Durandal? I bet this would be an interesting idea.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Including the horse and that sword... I would think he'd be pretty big. Like... giant mushroom Pikachu big.

Runty_Grunty

Smash Cadet
I'm honestly under the impression that Roy is going to be replaced by Ike, who will essentially be like Roy, except more powerful for balance issues. As for some of your other characters, the producers aren't going to put in any minor characters like Erk. Hector would be a good choice, though. So would Lyn, but she'd have to play differently from Marth and Roy (different moves). As for the Sacred Stones twins, I doubt it.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Runty_Grunty said:
I'm honestly under the impression that Roy is going to be replaced by Ike, who will essentially be like Roy, except more powerful for balance issues. As for some of your other characters, the producers aren't going to put in any minor characters like Erk. Hector would be a good choice, though. So would Lyn, but she'd have to play differently from Marth and Roy (different moves). As for the Sacred Stones twins, I doubt it.
Yeah, about Erk, I guess that is a pretty good point. And though some people are thinking that Roy would be replaced by Ike, I'm kinda skeptical about it, even though it is kinda possible.

It's just that I've read in the interview that Sakurai wasn't going to touch any of the 26 guys we have now.

I also agree with the whole Sacred Stones thing.

Which leads me to this point: The characters would obviously have to play a real vital role in the series, such as a Lord. So! Our ideal thief has to be Jaffar then!

He'd make many smash players happy for sure.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Jaffar FTW! Meh, I'd like to see the Sacred Twins and Lyon over Jaffar. And nobody from PoR--loser characters, ALL OF THEM. Except for Nephenee and Zihark! Z-I-H-A-R-K!!!!

<cough> Anyway, Sakurai wants to add American loved characters, Hector and Lyn could definitely see the light of day. A lot more than certain third party characters (i'm looking at you, ya stupid blue blur).

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Kal aMari said:
If they add a Dark Magic user, it **** well better be Canas.
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on that one.

To me, I think the best shot for Brawl seems to be Hector, and that's just great by me. I wanna see other people's suggestions, though.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I'd like Roy to stay in but if he is replaced, I'd like him to at least be replaced by someone who doesn't use a sword... Hector with his axe would be interesting to see.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I still think Ike is the most likely Fire Emblem character and he's almost confirmed I think. It would be pretty stupid if there is a stage of the character in Brawl but the character is nowhere to be seen. The big castle stage in the trailer is probarly a castle of Daein since the emblem is the same. Yeah he's another swordfighter but atleast he's a cool one.

GenG

Smash Lord
It's not a Daein castle. The emblem doesn't match. It's Mideus Castle, from Fire Emblem 1 and 3 (Marth's).
But Ike is very likely to be in.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Sorry, but for me it's neither a Mideus or Daein castle. In fact, I really have no bloody idea wich one it is. And furthermore, I don't give a **** WICH FE character they'll put in. I love almost all of them so as long as they don't ruin them, it's fine with me.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong said:
Well I still think Ike is the most likely Fire Emblem character and he's almost confirmed I think. It would be pretty stupid if there is a stage of the character in Brawl but the character is nowhere to be seen. The big castle stage in the trailer is probarly a castle of Daein since the emblem is the same. Yeah he's another swordfighter but atleast he's a cool one.

Ahhh, well that's interesting to know that I wasn't the only one thinking that that was a Fire Emblem map. As far as which one, pfffff. I have no freakin' idea at all. I don't recall seeing an emblem of any kind, though. I'll have to go back and look for it. Who knows, maybe one of us could find out.

Someone also mentioned not caring which characters it is. To that, I AGREE. But you know, the purpose of the thread is to state some characters that hit to you closer to home as far as personality and weapon of choice. Like, I would love Sain, but in a previous post, someone mentioned Eliwood and his horse. I just find it sort of unlikely that the horse would be there, and that's what Sain rides on. So just in my preference, I'm promoting Hector since he rocks and has a pretty descent chance.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
I see alot of people mentioning Lyn. It's just that if I remember correctly, doesn't she fight alot like Marth and Roy? She would definitely need a new move-set if she were to make it, I think.

*Edit* If you've taken a look around the character discussion, there is the subject going on of a Wolf Link from Twilight Princess. If this were to come about, then that changes a little something over here at Fire Emblem. As that one character rides Wolf Link in Twilight Princess, that means we could possibly have horse mounted people. Which means Sain!

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
And nobody from PoR--loser characters, ALL OF THEM. Except for Nephenee and Zihark! Z-I-H-A-R-K!!!!
First of all, while PoR may have been the first and only Fire Emblem game I've owned so far, I don't think you haven any god**** right to bash it *******! :mad:

Second, Zihark? That dude kept dying too much on me by the time I got to Chapter 19. Stephan is ten times better than Zihark. The only thing I agree on about your posts is Nephenee. She's female and she uses spears & lances so that pleases two categories of the crowd: the ones that want another female character, and ones that want someone other than a sword wielder.

And if Ike has to replace anyone, it would end up being Marth seeing as their resemblances are pretty close to each other. But meh, it's argueable. Regardless, if Ike IS playable, they need to give him the Ragnell and make one of his attacks Aether since those are his two best qualities in the game.

And I'd pretty much go for Volke as a playable choice too. He's not just a thief but also an assasin, he uses knives and daggers, and it'd be pretty cool to play as a guy that could steal items from other characters as well.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Assassin- Jaffar, he is the coolest assassin by far...except for the fact he likes a girl that looks like half his age.

Female- Yes I agree with Lyn, but I'd rather have Nephenee. Here's a pic for those who don't know her, also she's in PoR.

Seems like the perfect female character for this game, except I doubt she'll be in this.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
There's too many random characters being proposed. Can anyone tell me what part Nephenee had in the story? Or Zihark? Even though Ike, in my opinion, is a bad choice for an addition (he's so boring :( ), he still plays a major role in the game.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember much about Nephenee right now other than the fact that she was locked up in prison by Daien forces along with Brom, Sephiran, and Kieran. Zihark however, joined a group of people hunting Laguz (those shapeshifting half-men half-animal characters) as a double agent. His true purpose was to protect the Laguz from people like that. He joins if you talk to him with a Laguz character on your team. (Which at that point is either Lethe or Mordecai)

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
And. . . that's it.

That's why they will more than likely will not be playable. That wraps up both their contributions to the story.

I'd rather have some classic Fire Emblem characters than some of the newer ones. Sigurd and Oguma were proposed pretty early, it'd be pretty cool to see Oguma in action (since he roxorz).

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Fan apraisal in Fire Emblem characters doesn't come from just their place in the story y'know. If they've also got the stats, abilities, and overall makings of a good character, they can be implemented as well. Nephenee and Zihark's popularity comes from the fact that they have great stats and that a lot of Fire Emblem fans use them in the majority of their fights. I can tell you right now that Nephenee was one of the best characters in PoR and that a lot of people would know her off the bat provided they played enough of the game.

And really, just how well known were the Ice Climbers when they first appeared in Melee? :laugh:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yea, I knew she wouldn't be in it but it'd be a good addition. In fact I said I doubted she'd be in this at the end of my post. Oh well, one can only hope.

I don't know what role Oguma played because I haven't played the SNES FE. Here's a pic of him. I think it's him anyway...

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Bowser85 said:
Fan apraisal in Fire Emblem characters doesn't come from just their place in the story y'know. If they've also got the stats, abilities, and overall makings of a good character, they can be implemented as well. Nephenee and Zihark's popularity comes from the fact that they have great stats and that a lot of Fire Emblem fans use them in the majority of their fights. I can tell you right now that Nephenee was one of the best characters in PoR and that a lot of people would know her off the bat provided they played enough of the game.
Now, multiply that by 1000, and you've got Sigurd's popularity.

Oguma did play a key role, but my Japanese is terrible, so I don't know exactly what he did in FE3 (I've played it :p).

I do know he owns pretty hard and has a pretty large fanbase.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Well, if you look at Sakurai's poll from a while ago, I do remember Numero Uno being Nino [HINT: she ain't a main character] from FE7: Blazing Sword. First off, you get her so very late in the game and at such a low level, anybody who wasn't diehard-hardcore-monger FE player, would have disregarded her off the bat. Yet, there she is in the spotlight.

Now, let's look at PoR. Plenty of those characters are cool and interesting-- Nephenee, Zihard/Stefan, Soren, Greil [albeit not playable], Black Knight [same], and Titania. This does not however go for Ike. Yes, this is my personal opinion, so flame me. Ike is a cliche, boring, humble, mercenary-turned-hero. He has no pizazz or Oomph. The 3 lords from Blazing Sword had pizazz, Oomph, and loads upon loads more, that is why their names are being sung from the rooftops. hell, I wouldn't mind any of them, as long as they keep the style unique [2 out of 3 use swords].

Lastly, what kind of name is Ike anyway? Sounds like something I would name my pet iguana.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
What Ike lacks in personality, he makes up for in fighting abilities. He's got the sword Ragnell and Aether. What do these so called "three blazing lords" have that make them so **** famous? I think they're very overrate juding by the lack of info you people back them up with.

And besides, if the ending of PoR is anything to go by, it's that the upcoming Wii title will have some connections to PoR if it's not a direct sequel at least. That much alone is more of a reason to pull from something more recent. Why else give Link his Twilight Princess model?

Top Bottom