• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I know, there's Marth and Roy, but why not replace them with more recent characters?

Lyn
She wouldn't have the same fighting style as them, or the same pose, or anything. She's wilder and faster than royals, and would have a very different fighting style.

Eliwood
He has a bloody broadsword (Durandal). You can't say that he would have the same fighting style as Marth and Roy (both of whom have thin swords). He would own!

Hector
Axe+big guy+new Brawl Moves=ownage. Enough said.

Eirika
She wouldn't have the same fighting style as Lyn, she'd be posher and stuff. She'd also be bloody fast.

Ephraim
He'd own! Long range, great damage...cool.

Ike
The most likely of these characters to get into Super Smash Bros Brawl, seeing as how there is a stage from his game, Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance, in there already. Most likely to be a Marth or Roy clone, as well.

Dead Eye 935

Smash Cadet
Fauquier, VA. Lookin for challengers/crew
Well, I don't know the FE series that well (heck, I don't know anything about it.) But the character descriptions are cool.

Side note/off-topic: Is it just a coincidence that every character a person suggests should be in the game would own everyone? That's a lot of ownage.

D

Deleted member

Eliwood's sword isn't a broadsword. It's just ...a sword. They (Nintendo) seriously NEED to do something with about that weapon. Proportionally, its one of the biggest swords in gaming.

Your **** right though: Ephraim and Hector would pwn.

NukeA6

Smash Master
We sure have a lot of Fire Emblem topics, don't we?

And are you sure that stage is from Path of Radiance? From what I heard, it's from FE 4.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
It has the Daein flag. Daein is in Path Of Radiance. Eliwood has a two handed sword (Durandal), not just any old sword. Eliwood's Brawl Move would be something like Mario's, seeing as how Durandal is the Sword Of Sacred Fire. Well, it'd be fire related...

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Roy can be replaced, but not Marth. He's the protagonist of the first game and starred in the third one, and he has an anime about him. From that list, I see only Ike, Lyn and Hector in.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dont know about FE series, but when i saw the trailer for path of radiance, their was this guy in black armor, think hes called the dark knight, well anyway think he would rock in brawl.

GenG

Smash Lord
Oni Andrew said:
It has the Daein flag.
The designs don't match. Yeah, both are red and black, but Holland and France flags are almost the same too.
The flags in the castle stage in Brawl show a standing black dragon, so the stage must be from the very first (or third) Fire Emblem, the fabled Akaneia stage which was planned to be included in Melee. Marth's one.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Keep Marth and keep Roy (different moveset obviously) and put Hector in there purely because it'd be interesting to have an axe using character in there and maybe Ephraim if they place another FE character in there.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Add Lyn (Great lord), Erika(lord), Ephraim(lord), hector(Great lord), ike (lord) and Eliwood (lord) but with the Rapier instead of Darundall.

The only reason Eliwood can use Darundall is because:

1. The strength bonus
2. He is on a Horse

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Soz for the double post. Might as well make use of it.

Oni Andrew said:
It has the Daein flag. Daein is in Path Of Radiance. Eliwood has a two handed sword (Durandal), not just any old sword. Eliwood's Brawl Move would be something like Mario's, seeing as how Durandal is the Sword Of Sacred Fire. Well, it'd be fire related...
Which level is this?

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Boyd > Hector; I mean come on, it's simple logic isn't it? j/k
But I would like to see Boyd be our axe-wielder, though.

Aiser

Smash Lord
I think they should just remove Roy..=x he was cool and all and I liked him just meh..<_<

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Nah I liked Hector more than Boyd. But I wouldn't mind if Boyd got in over Hector because I also liked him just not to the same extent but either way I'll be relatively happy.

And yeah, well I like Roy and want him to stay but I do think he may be dropped anyway. And if that was to be the case I want him to live on in Brawl somehow, as maybe a costume or something. But I do think Roy should stay...

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Roy was a clone from Marth and weaker so most people don't like him!

His fire attacks were rubbish so it was unfair to Roy really. Roy might just need a new move set and remember! Nintendo hasn't kicked anyone out yet!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Yes Roy was a clone, and he certainly wasn't a great character... but he was my favourite lol.

Give him a new moveset and keep him in the game, I know Nintendo hasn't dropped anyone but I have a feeling Roy might be dropped.

I agree with the people who said Eliwood sucked, I hope he doesn't get in the game.

GenG

Smash Lord
I think Roy may stay to represent the Elibe/Ereb timeline (Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword), with a new moveset, or at least, a semiclone moveset.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sigurd will most likely be in Brawl since he's the most popular lord in Japan. If there is gonna be another FE character, I doubt it'll be anyone with blue hair (we will already have enough since Marth and Sigurd have that). I guess Hector may not be in.

Fletch

Smash Master
I don't know why you would want Eliwood in, he was such a pansy. Hector was the best hero from that game, and it would be awesome to have a badass axe user in SSBB. Ike would be cool as a Roy/Marth replacement/clone.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Lyn, Sigurd, Oguma(or Ogama I forget his name), and Hector. Drop Roy and replace him with Ike. Don't put in Eliwood because he was a weak leader and loves a girl who looks half his age. Oh yeah I forgot, keep Marth in because he was the first lord, despite him looking like a girl.

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
2 Fire Emblem sword using meterosexuals is enough. We don't need anymore. The only difference between them is the girl's blade is going to be pink instead of Blue or Red. Boo.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
If you have even played the games You will notice that Lyndis is nothing like any other lord. She is alot faster specilises in critical hits and has little armour. Marth is about average (I think. Sorry if i'm wrong). Lyn would have a whole new move set and be even quicker than Marth and maybe quicker than the likes of Fox or Pichu (Curse you Pichu!!!).

Just think first before you post. Most of the Girls I know actually HATE pink so stop being stereotypical!

Farsoul

Smash Cadet
Y'know, I seriously doubt that any of the character from any FE besides Marth make it into the new one. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a huge fan of the English Fire Emblems and I'm not going by whose is better but I know that Marth is in fact better than Roy..But a clone of Marth out of Ike is ridiculous, Ike has one of the most unique fighting styles out of any character in most fire emblems.

Okay, on to business...The people most likely to be added are probably Black Knight and Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, why I say this is that FE:poR is the first GCN version of Fire Emblem and those are the main hero/villains of the story. You can probably count on me being wrong though, and there will probably be at least one character from the new Fire Emblem that is to come out on the Wii who will replace Roy.

But on a personal note, these would be my favorite adds:

1. Ike
2. Eliwood(Durandal equiped, no horse. And who called him a panzy? O.o)
3. Ephraim(Spears own)

Also, Ike would be way awesome if he had a ranged attack with a B move such as a sword wave slash with that weapon he uses against Black Knight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would deffinitly want Ike. But yall probarly agree with that. Also I think Sothe would be a good addition since he's the main character from Fire Embem Wii right? Well here's my list:

1: Ike
2: Ephraim
3: Sothe

Lyn and Hector would make good additions to. But adding one of them would be pretty strange. If they add Hector they should add Eliwood and Lyn to I think. Still I don't want Eliwood since he's pretty much the same as Roy (duh he's his father...).

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Farsoul said:
Y'know, I seriously doubt that any of the character from any FE besides Marth make it into the new one.
Incredably unlikely as there's a FE level (or, atleast an FE-like level). It'd just seem dumb to only have Marth but still go through the effort of giving him his own level.

defsithe

Smash Ace
as much as a like roy i would love to see lyn take his place. also hector or boyd. and y do u people want ephraim in. as much as we all complain about marths range (except marth users) y put someone in with a freaking lance.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
defsithe said:
as much as a like roy i would love to see lyn take his place. also hector or boyd. and y do u people want ephraim in. as much as we all complain about marths range (except marth users) y put someone in with a freaking lance.
Nobody cares about Boyd. >_>

Ephraim would be all tippers though. The stick part of the lance would be near pointless.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Grizz Lee said:
2 Fire Emblem sword using meterosexuals is enough. We don't need anymore. The only difference between them is the girl's blade is going to be pink instead of Blue or Red. Boo.
Do you have any idea what metrosexual is?

Player00

Smash Journeyman
Nobody has mentioned Jaffar :confused: How can we not have the coolest character in Fire Emblem in smash? Not to mention his pivitol (sp?) roll in the plot of FE 6 & 7. I could also totally see his attacks in Brawl.

Hector would also be awesome as well.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Well seeing as it's confirmed now that the castle is indeed the Daein (sp?) castle from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, it would make sense to have a character from that game in Brawl. I would hope Greil could get it, because he uses a big Axe. Or even a Laguz? They could transform like Zelda does into their beast form.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
If there was going to be a character from the FE9(?) it would Ike, and maybe the Black Knight. Don't know about any other important characters from that game though.

Top Bottom