• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
angel_knight said:
if there were three characters chosen for brawl from fire emblem, they should prbabaly be lynn, eirika (i like her and ephraim equally, its just the story was baised around eirika not ephraim), and ike. There is one form each fe, well from each one that came out in the us...

rooting for ike and eirika^_^

but they should also add at LEAST two villians

I vote for Nergal and the black knight :chuckle:

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Lyon guys. He is WAY cooler than Nergal: looks, style, story, overall awesomeness.

If Ephraim is in there, Eirika has to be in there too. If Sakurai is pressed for time even slightly, he'll lean more towards FE7 or 9 since the heroes are 'alone'. [albeit, people will be a little rustled if Eliwood shows his face and nothing of Lyn/Hector, but that's beside the point].

Also, we NEED an axe. Ganondorf's sword in melee, has double-sided axe-like shape for the tip, but that's not good enough. GO HECTOR! AND GO VILLIAN/MAGIC-USER LYON!

D

Deleted member

Ephraim FTW. That guy was a seriously l337 lord. Its not often that the 'oh-so-generic' spear is cool.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
angel_knight said:
(i like her and ephraim equally, its just the story was baised around eirika not ephraim)
That depends on who you choose to help after the battle at Renvall, Ephraim is best i think!

Keep Marth in. (Sword)
Replace Roy with Lyn. (Sword and [possibly] bow in the Blade lord Class)
Add Hector. (Axe)
Add Ephraim. (Lance/spear/javelin. What ever you want to call it)

This would be my perfect situation!

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Two things.

1: The flag is the Daein crest. It's from Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance.

2: Anyone who says Eliwood sucks, I'll convince him to throw away his pansy little Rapier, pick up Durandal and own you all before owning his way into Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Farsoul

Smash Cadet
Oni Andrew said:
2: Anyone who says Eliwood sucks, I'll convince him to throw away his pansy little Rapier, pick up Durandal and own you all before owning his way into Super Smash Bros Brawl.
I agree with you man, I don't see why Eliwood is getting so much negative publicity. Eliwood is probably my favorite lord besides Ike and I loved his storyline. What makes him a pansy? The fact that his father died and he killed a dragon? Honestly people.

Eliwood had some sweet style too, and his Durandal rocked. Although I'll admit that Lyn's criticals looked cooler in her upgraded class and especially with her ultimate weapon. Hector's critical animations were seriously lacking IMO and the only ones that weren't were with his best axe.

Another thing, people who keep saying those from FE (The first one to release in America on GBA) characters should make it into the game need to pipe down. There is a really really small chance any of the characters are going to make it all. The characters from Path of Radiance and most likely the new Wii FE overshadow them completely.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
You got a point at the end there but Lyn is definatly (SP) one of the favourites at the moment.

And Eliwood... c'mon, the guy likes to talk about his feelings for gods sake! The Darundal IS the best weapon in the game but we're talking about a guy not his sword! It's bigger than he is!!! There is NO WAY he could lift that normally!

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Farsoul said:
Another thing, people who keep saying those from FE (The first one to release in America on GBA) characters should make it into the game need to pipe down. There is a really really small chance any of the characters are going to make it all. The characters from Path of Radiance and most likely the new Wii FE overshadow them completely.
True that path of radience char have much better chance but lyn, hector, eliwood have a chance still. i mean look at marth and roy, they didn't even have games anywhere cept japan and they still got in. plus one reason marth/ roy were put in was to build hype for the new fire emblem game. plus the game was one of the most bought gamboy games for a while

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
Ike is most likely, but what about Soren, people? x( Soren was cool, and a main character.

And yes, Hector ftw. =D

And FYI, Eliwood sucked hard. This consensus has been reached a long time ago.

D

Deleted member

Farsoul said:
I agree with you man, I don't see why Eliwood is getting so much negative publicity. Eliwood is probably my favorite lord besides Ike and I loved his storyline. What makes him a pansy? The fact that his father died and he killed a dragon? Honestly people.

Eliwood had some sweet style too, and his Durandal rocked. Although I'll admit that Lyn's criticals looked cooler in her upgraded class and especially with her ultimate weapon. Hector's critical animations were seriously lacking IMO and the only ones that weren't were with his best axe.
Have you seen the size of that monstrosity? Durandel is about the size of Cloud's Buster Sword, and last time I checked Eliwood wasn't built :laugh:. I don't know, maybe FE characters have Matrix Syndrome (they all seem to grow horses, don't they?).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm so sick of this. Eliwood sucks, and he is a pansy.

Oh wow, he has a big sword, I guess that makes him cool right? No, that doesn't take away the fact that he is a loser. I find it strange that he loves a girl who is about half his age, he wants to **** her and that much seems obvious. He is a "girly man" (complete with Austrian accent) who sucks at fighting with a sword compared to everybody else in the game.

Like outrunrazgriz said before, he likes to talk about his feelings, which is just...bad. All the girls in the same game as he was in are more manly than him. I know that came out wrong but you get my point.

NukeA6

Smash Master
If Sigurd is in the game, he should wield both spear and sword. It won't make him too much of a sword character cuz he'll be wielding a spear as well.

D

Deleted member

Eliwood was cool, I'm just pointing out that Durandel is a little difficult to use...

(Austrian Accent? WTF? People like that have to have English accents.)

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Eliwood was good, it's just so many other's were better. he lacked emotion and was just so bland for the begining of the game. his atitude picked up later, but poeple remember the bad more than the good.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
WindGuru said:
Eliwood was cool, I'm just pointing out that Durandel is a little difficult to use...

(Austrian Accent? WTF? People like that have to have English accents.)
Obviously, you've never heard of Arnold Scwarzenegger, or watched any episodes of SNL that included Hans and Franz.

And here's my question about Eliwood. Even if he didn't suck (which he does,) why would you put him in the game? Either you're saddling him next to Roy, or replacing Roy with him. As long as Roy was in Melee, not Brawl, but Melee, there's no way Eliwood is going to make it into Brawl because he might as well be a tweaked version of his son.

Need proof?

Situation 1: Eliwood and Roy are both in the game. Eliwood is either a clone or almost a clone of Roy and therefore screws an otherwise deserving character out of a spot.

Situation 2: Eliwood replaces Roy with the same or generally same move set of his son, and the Roy fans get angry since thier favorite character was kicked out by almost the same guy. Except it's still not Roy.

*OFF TOPIC: Oh, and as for situation 2, I'd be pissed if Ike replaced Marth in the same situation, and I'm sure there's others who'd agree with me. Ike can be in the game, just don't replace Marth.*

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Oni Andrew said:
I pointed out that Eliwood would have a far different moveset to Roy.

You know this for sure? You're completely confident? You don't think there's a possibility that they would use his Lord self rather than his Great Lord self that uses the same weapon as Marth and Roy? The same lord who graces most official art and is NOT on horseback like his harder to use greatlord self?

You know this because you've seen his nonexistant SSBB character model, or are you guessing they're going to put him in the game as a great lord wielding Durendel, and not just modifying the sword into a light blade? You're sure right? Absolutely sure?

Because if you ARE sure, then why would Nintendo put the Great Lord Eliwood in the game with his bulky Greatsword, when Hector, Lyn, or Ike have weapons better fit for the Super Smash Bros series?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
You said that because he had a big sword. There are better characters who DON'T suck who use swords that can be added to Brawl.

Roy was added in for marketing, so putting Eliwood in would be pointless when his game already came out. It didn't even do that great compared to the others and there are 2 other lords from that game who deserve it more than Eliwood because they have unique fighting styles.(compared to the other character in SSB)

Thanks Destruction King, I was hoping someone would understand what I was talking about.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Oni Andrew said:
Eliwood has a unique fighting style. You can't exactly say that a guy with a broadsword would fight the same as a guy with a sword almost as thin as a rapier.
I think it's funny that you say rapier when that's the first sword Eliwood gets in the game.

Read my previous post Oni.

D

Deleted member

Even Roy's first sword was a Rapier. FE groups weapons together, so main lords can use all their respective weapons, regardless of training (i.e, rapier and iron blade). Eliwood isn't impossible, not even close, but there are others who seem better fits.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Why not add Medeus(whichever you want to spell it) to the game? :p I would like to see Ike in Brawl, but I think Lyn or Hector would be really good as well. Then again, there's Ephraim, too. Hmm hmm.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
I support Sigurd

Uses swords and spears

Was the first FE character japan nominated in sakurais poll

Most popular lord in Japan

Sakurai said in a interview a while back that Sigurd was planned for Melee, but nintendo insisted on using Roy to promote his game.

Also Jaffar wasnt in FE6. GBA games are despised in japan for there simplicity, and taking away many systems that were established in FE4/5. I doubt well se any characters from the GBA games, as you can see, not ONE GBA character was suggested.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
You said that because he had a big sword. There are better characters who DON'T suck who use swords that can be added to Brawl.

Roy was added in for marketing, so putting Eliwood in would be pointless when his game already came out. It didn't even do that great compared to the others and there are 2 other lords from that game who deserve it more than Eliwood because they have unique fighting styles.(compared to the other character in SSB)

Thanks Destruction King, I was hoping someone would understand what I was talking about.
I understand u too!!!! Eliwood SUCKS!, in the game u have to protect him a lot for not be killed, just late in the game eliwood is better when u have Durandal, but, its just the sword!, while for example Ike in FE PoR, he is A LOT BETTEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!, u know u can send him alone against a whole army and he still alive and maybe with all your hp!! anyway, about Fire Emblem SP, Hector is a lot better than Eliwood, and Lyn she is a good lord 'cuz has a high critical hit ratio, and is agile and fast.

For SSBB, will be nice if Nintendo-

keeps Marth (i hope Roy too, but i am almost sure, he will be eliminated =( )
Add Lyn or the new Sage Lord for Wii ('cuz they are females and nintendo wants more female characters)
Add Ike

and for a good end.... tan tara raaaannnn... ELIWOOD SUCKS! =P

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Heres my thoughs- if either lyn or hector are in, expect to see eliwood 2, he was the main charactor
-ephraim and erika have lower chances then lyn/hector/eliwood. thier game was not
as popular
-ike and black knight have high chances, with soren not 2 far behind
-marth and roy have built fan bases so ther still posibilities, if one was dropped the
first would be roy ( smaller fan base, though both could be dropped)
-Sigurd is a strong candidate even if he isn't outside japan. they did it with marth
and roy didn't they

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Manashima said:
I support Sigurd

Uses swords and spears

Sakurai said in a interview a while back that Sigurd was planned for Melee, but nintendo insisted on using Roy to promote his game.

Also Jaffar wasnt in FE6. GBA games are despised in japan for there simplicity, and taking away many systems that were established in FE4/5. I doubt well se any characters from the GBA games, as you can see, not ONE GBA character was suggested.
Haha, on that note, might as well add a character from Thracia 776!!

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
I think that they might take Roy and Marth out as they were only there as advertisement. If they did that would be good as I would prefer someone who would actually spoke English!

Maybe switch Roy and Marth for Ike and Lyn, and then add Blackknight and Ephraim/Nephenee and Hector.

That way there will be. Swords, lances and axes included. AND even a bad guy added in! Sorted.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
outrunrazgriz said:
If they did that would be good as I would prefer someone who would actually spoke English!
The Japanese language gives a little more taste to these characters, so why is it so bad? Yoshi doesn't say any words beside 'Yoshi' but that isn't bad?(Not that I mind, it's just an example)

outrunrazgriz said:
Maybe switch Roy and Marth for Ike and Lyn, and then add Blackknight and Ephraim/Nephenee and Hector.
That would make it 5 Fire Emblem characters(6 if you count both Ephraim and Nephenee), that's way to much. Just 1 or 2 Fire Emblem characters is already enough for me, I rather don't have many FE characters who are produced with care then just a bunch of last minute FE characters.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
I think 5 is ok as everyone wants different people in. If you want me to shorten the list then i'll say:
1. Lyn
2. Hector
3. Nephenee

Most of the characters on the games are pretty good and i'll assume your not a big fan as most people do want 4-5 characters in.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
outrunrazgriz said:
and i'll assume your not a big fan as most people do want 4-5 characters in.
You are so wrong there. I am a big fan and of course I would like to see 4-5 characters in it. But I'm just being realistic because my thoughts are that that will never happen. My guess will be 2, maybe 3. And Nephenee sure is good(was my 2th top killer at the end of the game) but I don't think she would be put in. The lordlings and other main characters(like Black Knight) have more chances.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Manashima said:
I support Sigurd

Uses swords and spears

I guess we'll see Ayra instead of Lyn.

Top Bottom