• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Important update (3/1):

Biweeklies are back in business!

We're back to our old Sat Night/Sun morning routine. Make note of this!

Fund raising will be in full force. Goal, again, is 1k bonus to pot!

Without further hesitation, the important infomation...

BONUS MONEY TO INNsomnia V POT SO FAR: $1500+
WOOTZ!!!!!!​

So, as you may, or may not, know... INNsomnia is the biggest thing to hit the Memphis/Mid-South area since Melee was released. So my question to you is: Why aren't you a part of it?

Now's your time to get involved in the legacy that is INNsomnia. Every INNsomnia has been bigger than the last not only on the board, but at the tournament itself. INNsomnia IV had 62 people enter singles, with first place taking home $1,001!!!!!!!

Remember... INNsomnia is run with a LOCAL feel. This is nothing but greatness. No corporate bs. No red tape. Just smash at it's best.

Anyway, we're going to be pushing BiWeekly mini-torunies starting now until INNsomnia V. There isn't a date for INN V yet, but it's in the works, I promise.

The BiWeeklies will run with the following format:

Pizza Inn's address:

190 Shoppingway Blvd
West Memphis, AR 72301

ENTRY FEE will be $10 for the tourney

Food will be provided (pizza/drinks) for $5

Unless otherwise mentioned, all the biweeklies will be Saturday from midnight - whenever (shooting for about 4-5)...

Doubles will be played as interest permits. Doubles would be $10 per person ($20 per team)

THE POT will be split: 1/2 goes to INN V pot, other 1/2 goes to winners.

So, for Example, if there's $50 worth of entry fee... $25 goes to INN IV pot, $25 goes to winners.

Rules - Just like the real thing:

• All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
• Brackets will be 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
• Items OFF

Stages:
• First stage is limited to the 7 neutral stages for random picking, others open for counterpicks.
• Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (banned for doubles due to lag), Dreamland 64 and Pokémon Stadium. Fountain of Dreams is on random for singles only. DK64 and Rainbow Cruise is on for doubles only.
• Banned Stages (for both Singles and Doubles): Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay. Also, Mute City will be banned for Doubles due to lag.
• No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
• Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
• Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

----------------------------------------
The BiWeeklies will be ran just like the normal minifests. We will start ASAP (depending on if I have to work or not) which is at 11:00pm (if I don't have to work) or midnight (if I do have to work) or some other announced time (in case my schedule changes, but it's not supposed to until after June).
----------------------------------------

Additional Notes:
Money matches, friendlies, etc. will be happening whenever one can be squeezed in. However, please do not slow down the pace of the tourney due to friendlies. Money matches are excusable (but please, be smart about the timing and choice of when), but friendly matches will forfeit if a tourney or money match needs the setup. This isn't being rude, just common sense. Match tier list is: tourney > money > friendly. Respect the tier!

Also, due to player request, building will be a NO SMOKING facility. Please be kind enough to step outside for a smoke. Thanks for the cooperation.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

In other words just play fair and have fun!

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Official Pre-Reg/Results Post

Edit:
Due to me being lazy, and most of this is discussed within the thread itself, this will probably not be updated for each biweekly, sorry :(

This post is dedicated to pre-registration (and recently added results link and pot counting)for INNsomnia BiWeeklies. Let me know via post, PM, AIM (JMK74295), or email (PrinceZane@gmail.com, or John_Kirkpatrick@hilton.com) If you IM or email me, just put in the message/subject field something about Melee, Smashboards, or INNsomnia.

The registration will be in 3 categories: People - who is to show and planning on being in the tourney (including any combination of singles, doubles, or crew); Setups - this is for anyone that can bring a tv and/or gamecube (including game/memory card). Please specify how many of each you can bring; and lastly, Accessories - this inclues anything else that is helpful for the tournament including power strips, extension cords, video cameras, etc.

For the Results of the Biweeklies, please go here[/b]:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1648299#post1648299

Note: please post all "congrats", shoutouts, etc. in there to keep spam etc down from this thread. Thanks.

Now with all that out of the way, the lists are as follows:

People:
PrinceZane

Total: 1

Setups:
PrinceZane - setup

Total TVs: 1
Total Cubes: 1
Total Setups: 1

Accessories:
PrinceZane - 1 power strip, 1 extension cord

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
First post after Zane! And sign me up for the first one! Zane is top tier.

Also, put me down for a full set up plus power strip.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
phooey i wanted first post (after Zane) in a thread i wouldn't be attending.

<3 to the rest of the SE.

Have that orlando tourney and Zane you're my hero.

INNV would be fun... if its in the right time of year for me to get there...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Woo!!! A new thread to fill up! :laugh: Zane ftw!!

BTW, the first thread's first couple of paragraphs talk about when INN IV is going to be, instead of INN V. ^^ Might wanna fix that.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Guess I missed first post again. One day...one day... Anyway cool to see that there is a new thread for new biweeklies. They were too fun and gave us something to do. But man are there going to be a bunch between now and INN V. Oh well. Guess I see lots of $$$$$$$ in INN V's future.

INN IV rocked...INN V will rock harder!!!!!!

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Ofcourse I will grace the bi-weeklies with my presense as much as I can. I also went searching and found my AV splitters and stuff today so we can do the thing of putting the finals on the big screen while the two finallists play on the smaller tv. Thats only if you want to though.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Mario'sCapeabilities said:
Ofcourse I will grace the bi-weeklies with my presense as much as I can. I also went searching and found my AV splitters and stuff today so we can do the thing of putting the finals on the big screen while the two finallists play on the smaller tv. Thats only if you want to though.
Give this man a medal and a year's supply of pizzert!!

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Thank you for your kind words. Id except the medal, but pizzert...blech! Ill let Myztek have it.

TakeTwo

Smash Cadet
I am the future mascot of the Run7.

Little did you know I HAVE animal costumes when you made your request, brad.

Edit: What the **** am I doing on smashboards at 3 in the god**** morning?

Myztek

Smash Ace
Thank you for your kind words. Id except the medal, but pizzert...blech! Ill let Myztek have it.
Yes!!!

And by the way, I'm pretty sure you can put Chad, and my brother Alex (SuperKenshin) on the prereg. Put Chad down for a TV and cube.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
I shall attend as many as possible, for bolstering the pot of INNV is a grand and glorious undertaking!
Myz, I didn't know Alex was your brother! I am shocked and amazed

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
McCloud said:
hoorah.

Mack Loud might make an appearance.
Wait are you coming to play friendlies or are you going to enter a tourney for once?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Mario'sCapeabilities,

GAwes thinks you are the girl that was at inn4 >_>

Are you that girl?

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
EVIL_Peach18 said:
Mario'sCapeabilities,

Are you that girl?
Hahaha. If you mean the girl with the reddish like hair or whatever, and the red hoodie, then that's my sister.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Mario's C. is mad sexy... but alas, not a chick :p

Unless I've been wrong this whole time... *starts wondering if all the gay passes wen't actually gay at all*

<insert twilight zone theme here>

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Fizz-sama said:
Hahaha. If you mean the girl with the reddish like hair or whatever, and the red hoodie, then that's my sister.
That was your sister?! Dammit, I thought it was you or some other Run7 member's gf.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
EVIL_Peach18 said:
Mario'sCapeabilities,

Are you that girl?
HAHAHA! Thats funny stuff. I talked to GAWes and everything. I guess its confusing because I put "CO_Brad" on my name tag but I have a different smashboards name. If you can't remember me by name then I was the guy who gave you the shades. And to settle the score I am not a girl...or am I...?

ihavespaceballs said:
That was your sister?! Dammit, I thought it was you or some other Run7 member's gf.
I love how you assume we are all straight...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Dangit, why the 12th??? Blar, i guess that's how the dates line up. Sorry but I won't be able to attend the next bi-weekly, for that is the day I am actually moving my stuff into my apartment.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
MookieRah said:
Dangit, why the 12th??? Blar, i guess that's how the dates line up. Sorry but I won't be able to attend the next bi-weekly, for that is the day I am actually moving my stuff into my apartment.
Because of your sudden lack of apperances at the INN... I'm beginning to wonder...
Maybe you finally BECAME Mew2, and can't be near us or we'll all die...

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
McCloud-If you are looking for good experience, friendlies are fine but nothing can beat tourney exp.

TakeTwo

Smash Cadet
I like pie.

And also not letting this thread fall BELOW the Inn4 biweeklies thread so that people can sign up and partake in glorious smash.

Huzzah.

That is all.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
TakeTwo-Where were you yesterday during Lance and Deeber's Tournament?

TakeTwo

Smash Cadet
TakeTwo-Where were you yesterday during Lance and Deeber's Tournament?

I couldn't make it because I was almost completely out of gas and didn't have any money with which to replenish my gas.

Fortunately, after 496.2 miles, my parents finally paid for my gas again. So now I have a full tank of gas.

I pwomise I'll be at the Inn on the 12th though. In my animal costume as you requested.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Haha! Now I have to make it to the Bi-weekly to see that. I am bringing my camera too.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Zane told everyone to keep an eye open for the new Bi-weekly thread since the old one was for INNIV. I didnt find it though. I was told about it.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
ihavespaceballs said:
You don't surf the Atlantic South board looking for new topics? For shame.
<----- Just found this thread... :dizzy:

I'm not really sure if I'll be able to make every bi-weekly. It costs a lot for me to go to every one 'cause it would be just me driving. I gotta try to get some more of my Little Rock friends to go with me. Although, all my friends that play Smash that are left in Little Rock both suck at Smash and hate spending money on tournys...

I'll be going to this one though, 'cause I'm starved for Smash since I didn't get to go to INN IV or the No Momma Tourny.

Put me down for a TV and Cube also. :)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I didn't post anything about it actually... I just wanted it to kind of happen :)

P.s. Anyone that has anything from INN IV let me know - photography or video. I'll put it in the montage (it'll probably end up being 39329570923 hours long :):):))

oh... and I got DSL as of 10 mins ago! Wootxorz!

-Chad-

Slackerator
I dunno if I'll be able to make this bi-weekly or not...it all depends on my schedule which I'll get Sunday at work.

If I have to work Sunday morning....>_< I'll have to fight with myself to see whether or not I'll be able to stand having only like 2-3 hours of sleep before work that morning... the last times I've had to do that, it wasn't fun at all.

Nite

Smash Champion
I'll be trying to make as many as I can, but school starts for me on Monday. That might effect my permission on going, but if I keep my grades up, then there shouldn't be a problem. Go ahead and sign me up for this one and a cube and a powerstrip.

I gotta be there so I can team with Lance. "I pay you $4000 a week for you to hold me down, ***** hold me down!" (Chappelle's Show: The Lost Episodes) Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom