• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myztek

Smash Ace
-Chad- said:
I dunno if I'll be able to make this bi-weekly or not...it all depends on my schedule which I'll get Sunday at work.

If I have to work Sunday morning....>_< I'll have to fight with myself to see whether or not I'll be able to stand having only like 2-3 hours of sleep before work that morning... the last times I've had to do that, it wasn't fun at all.
You'll be there, d4mn you!

And for anyone who cares (I don't know if I already said this), I kinda doubt that Ambix/Patrick will be coming anymore... Ever.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I dont come to biweeklys. I just post here.

Vote for some Friday/Saturday biweeklys. Smash after football games, I love it.

P.S. Wheres that INN biweekly sig? This one is old.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Well,

Since I have to be selective about which bi-weeklys I will attend, I might not go to this one since Chad's not going. Teams is probobly my favorate part of tournaments, and I dun wanna miss a bi-weekly when Chad's gonna be there.

So... If Chad says he's goin' then I'll probobly go. 'Cause it's just not a bi-weekly without some sweet teams action.

*edit* I second Handorin's request for Fri-Sat bi-weeklies. I don't know if that's very easy for Zane, but that way I won't be such a heathen and miss Sunday morning church so often...

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Handorin said:
P.S. Wheres that INN biweekly sig? This one is old.
That would be my fault. I have been working on alot of stuff and have yet to update the banner. I will very soon though and you may even have a choice of banners...Hey you got a premium account Handorin why not make a custom avatar?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Because I do not have an avatar and I lack PS and Paint skills. Feel free to make me one if you'd like. =D

-Chad-

Slackerator
chamberlin said:
Well,

Since I have to be selective about which bi-weeklys I will attend, I might not go to this one since Chad's not going. Teams is probobly my favorate part of tournaments, and I dun wanna miss a bi-weekly when Chad's gonna be there.

So... If Chad says he's goin' then I'll probobly go. 'Cause it's just not a bi-weekly without some sweet teams action.

*edit* I second Handorin's request for Fri-Sat bi-weeklies. I don't know if that's very easy for Zane, but that way I won't be such a heathen and miss Sunday morning church so often...

Well....Myz is probably going to bug me to death till I say I'm going to the biweekly so I probably will just plan right now to go >_>.

I demand that there are more teams that enter.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Handorin said:
Because I do not have an avatar and I lack PS and Paint skills. Feel free to make me one if you'd like. =D
Just tell me what you want and you shall have it as quick as possible.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Heeeeey. Thought I got unlimited private messing, not a total 65535 allowed. :laugh:

Brad, check your PMs.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Me and Aidite were talking about the biweeklies tonight.

I'm thinking about having INN V on December 16th... I figure most schools will probably be out for Xmas around this time, so hopefully finals will be over etc.

Discuss.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Sounds like a good plan to me, Zane. If regular schools are out then I should be also.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
PrinceZane said:
Me and Aidite were talking about the biweeklies tonight.

I'm thinking about having INN V on December 16th... I figure most schools will probably be out for Xmas around this time, so hopefully finals will be over etc.

Discuss.
Christmas Break sounds like a great time. People will have all kinds of time on there hands which should make them wanna come.

The bad thing would be people going on vacations and other trips during Christmas break. I know people try to plan a lot of trips during December.

Nite

Smash Champion
I'd say it is a good idea, but I would start the thread a while before, so you could see how many people would actually make it. I say this because, we will most likely make it because it is local and not a very far drive, but for them, they might not want to come so far away around Christmas time. There may be snow where they live too. That would be a sucky road trip.

Run7- Come hang out with me guys. Today is my last day to hang out before school starts. :( Let me know if any of you can. :crosses fingers: I'm so bored, my parents went out earlier this morning.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
INN V SHIRT ALERT!!!

I won't be able to make the shirts through the same peepz I have in the past anymore. They now have a policy in which they ask people if they have permission to use copyrighted characters, logos, etc beforehand. They let me get away with it cause it was a small order and for a tournament, but they are now thinking after doing it for 2 years that they have to put their foot down.

DO NOT FRET! I do believe I have a solution to the problem, and I will be looking into it soon. The idea is commercial quality heat transfer shirts.

Now I know what you guys are prolly thinking. "Iron on transfer stuff sucks!!" I have to agree with you there, but this isn't your rinky dink iron on bull**** from Hobby Lobby. Guess what guys? Have you looked at a fresh FC3 or FC6 shirt? Those shirts use an extremely high quality heat transfer method. It's easy to see if you really look at the shirts. I am thinking that if the high quality commercial transfer sheets are the same as the sheets used by TeamColor Printing (the company that made the shirts) then I could expect the same quality if I had the transfer paper printed via high def laser printer (which i have access to where I work at state). So thusly, I will cut out the middle man and start making more money. Not only that, I could be the supplier for other people that want to make smash shirts. Unlike other companies that require you to make 30 shirts before they will bother with it, I will allow you to make any order. So if you want shirts for your crew mates, I could help you out and provide them to you for a much lower price than any of the competition.

You think this post is done, but it isn't. At first I will do the shirts by hand; however, it won't be for long. Using my procedes, plus money i make from work I will use my connections to hire a machinist to make a heat transfer press, ideal for making perfectly aligned shirts with ease. I just so happen to know this machinist, and he LOVES to do **** like this :-P.

So yeah, I might be opening up a small business soon. I will post more on this as I get information on it.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It depends on how much it costs for the paper. I just called Kristyn, the daughter of the guy that runs the place, and she confirmed that they use heat transfer and that it is a thing called "two step" which was heat transfer with the aplication of "plasticide" which helps the transfer as well as preventing it from tearing apart and stuff (which is what ****ty transfer stuff does).

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
@Mookie: Exciting stuff man. Sounds like a great business you could have there.

As far as INN V goes, I dont really know. You know I will be there whenever it is. But I know when I was in high school, we never got out of school that early for Christmas. I know INN II was after christmas last year, and it worked. But there werent as many people as there have been at the last two tournaments. Guess we will just have to get feedback on other people who are in school and will be traveling during the christmas season.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Nite said:
Run7- Come hang out with me guys. Today is my last day to hang out before school starts. :( Let me know if any of you can. :crosses fingers: I'm so bored, my parents went out earlier this morning.
Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to comment on this quote. Man, i would be over there but I dont have a ride. Unless Byron will get home from work, pack up the controllers, drive on the road, and go to your house....BBBBYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! HAHAHA But seriously, I will ask him when he gets home. What's the latest we could come over?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
PrinceZane said:
Sounds good for us locals because we'll be out, and most of the people going on vacation will still be in town because its a while before xmas.

I dunno about out-of-staters though. :confused: It'll probably work, but iono.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I'm in favor of quarterly tournies, mostly because it's the only big tourny that's close to where I live..and I get more practice that way.

And I'm going to be able to make this biweekly with no problems the way my boss scheduled me =D

Nite

Smash Champion
SmashterLink said:
Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to comment on this quote. Man, i would be over there but I dont have a ride. Unless Byron will get home from work, pack up the controllers, drive on the road, and go to your house....BBBBYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! HAHAHA But seriously, I will ask him when he gets home. What's the latest we could come over?
BYAAAAH!!! I was going to come over later with Lance because he called my house and wanted to know if I wanted to go to your house, but I wasn't there. I was at my friend's house for his brother's birthday. I got home 15 minutes after he called and I tryed to call him back, but he never answered. Everybody blame Lance!!! Haha. Just kidding man, hopefully we can hang out after school some days.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
12 oclock on a school night...Nite! You better get to bed. You dont want to fall asleep on the first day of school.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
It's all good Nite. Sucks that school is starting back for you. But I think that you will be seeing more of me and Brad once I get my liscense. Keep your fingers crossed that it happens this week. Man. The summer came out of nowhere and has ended so soon. This has been one hell of a summer. And I am sure that all the Run7 members will agree with me there. SMASH + SUMMER = O___O

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I would like to make the first official INN V tshirt order. XL.
------------------------------------
And I thought I would share a phone call from an Unnamed individual that thought the biweekly was the 5th. I think the conversation went something like...

"Yo Zane... where is everyone?"
'...huh?'
"Where is everyone at? I don't see anyone here!"
'wtf... are you talking about the inn and smash?'
"Yeah..."
'dude... do you read the board? I'm pretty sure I put on there the 12th. One sec.'
*I proceeded to check and everywhere in this thread is screaming Aug. 12th*
'... yeah man. It's the 12th.'
"Oh... well. See ya then"
*click*

Muahahaha.
-----------------------------------
As far as INN V goes... I dunno, I kinda like the idea of Dec. 16th. I would like to see the OOS'ers throwing word in here. If anyone sees Atl guys, Dark+crew, Kish+crew, Tink+crew, anyone that has expressed interest, and anyone that hasn't expressed interest - point them to here and tell them to let me know whats up.

INN I was a start. INN II was better. INN III was a milestone. INN IV was legendary. What does the future hold for INN V?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Heh, I finished all my summer work right after 11. Well.. not all because I didnt write about one movie, it sucked.

Sliky- does this mean you can drive to my house now? >_>

chamberlin

Smash Ace
thats why i want discussion, to see whats goin on
I don't have anything going on that I know of. Dec. is a-ok with me. I talked with my mom and she may want me to watch my nieces this weekend which may involve me not going to the bi-weekly... I'll keep you posted.

Mookie- Good luck with the shirts. I know I'll be ALL over getting one at INN V.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I hope so because my Sturm avatar rocked out. I had a guy add me to his buddy list based solely on me having Sturm as my avatar.

Chad-Have you gotten to charge your DS and play Advance Wars yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom